Be me, recent science graduate looking for work

>be me, recent science graduate looking for work
>there are basically no science jobs at the moment, those that are available (and all the scholarships) appear to go disproportionately to women or minorities regardless of their aptitude, at least from what I've observed personally.. this is to the point that the genuinely smart women are getting let down as well by being surrounded by incompetent bitches
>fuck all other jobs as well
>what is available is largely bullshit retail, hr, admin type jobs which really require no skills but all demand several years experience, etc..
>almost every job listing has a spill about how the company is an "equal opportunity employer" and they encourage women, the elderly and Aboriginals to apply
>filling out the application forms and they all force you to list your diversity factors, naturally none of them apply to me despite being from a poor, single mother background with little to no means to support myself at present

>finally get asked to attend a group interview for a bullshit retail job
>20 people there, all middle age women who probably have decades of experience while leaving their kids in childcare, etc..
>the interviewer says they're only looking for 2-5 people
>still got at least 2 days before I hear back but not confident

Am I selfish for wanting to work or something? Do I deserve this self deprecation and humiliation for getting out of bed in the morning?

There must be hundreds of young men in my position in my city, all should be building up capital so they can start a family. Instead young women are preferentially getting the jobs that are available and working while their ovaries slowly die.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=70E9KA48Sic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Can Expected
Obviously female editor or proof reader

If you read my post I didn't say that competent females don't exist, to the contrary, they are hurt by this madness as well.

Still reading kamarade, just commented on img

Fellow science STEM meme'd guy here. Been unemployed for over 3 years now. Surprisingly, I'm not bored at all, but I can't help but resent how I'm not getting anywhere. I'm planning to teach English in East Asia these days.

>hundreds of young men in my position in my city, all should be building up capital so they can start a family.
Yeah, it is a dire position. In my case, I need some more time to lament on my useless degree before I start a program over from scratch.

>Gender Equality Agency
>Genders aren't equal in the Agency

why is this news to you? do you believe this is news to anyone on this board? do you know where you are? if you want to work and pay taxes so this farce can continue you aren't selfish but you are a totally insane cuck

Jobs are a meme. If they are all as incompetent as you say. It should be easy for you to start your own private consulting firm and offer your skills to them at top dollar since they cant do the job without you.

Can you go down the academia path and look to move into industry later?

>I'm planning to teach English in East Asia these days
Not a bad short term plan but you're going to have an even harder time when you almost inevitably come back and start looking for work

>Bolshevik
lel

Most companies will spend tens of thousands of dollars training them to overcome it. I'm not saying they're all incompetent tho, also its on a relative scale.

>Can you go down the academia path and look to move into industry later?
I'm apprehensive as fuck about going into American academia as a non-Jewish straight white male. Instead, I'm looking to leverage myself into the Japanese grad school system currently looking for foreign students, then I'll try to enter the niche of native English speakers in Japanese academia/industry.

I'm not afraid to spend 5+ years on this plan, and I intend to get thoroughly acquainted with Japan itself by teaching English there for three years or so. What's your plan after the shit retail job hunt?

>recent science graduate
you literally know no useful skills

>work in US university for a few years
>transfer to postgrad position anywhere in the world, including Japan possibly
>actually build a decent CV in the process
>profit

i got funding for grad school here

youtube.com/watch?v=70E9KA48Sic

Well yeah, that's not entirely the point anymore given that companies often provide their own training (although these positions are few and far between). It demonstrates aptitude and the ability to learn. I mean, what you're saying could be applied to high school as well, couldn't it?

What science did you study?

Have you set up the fall semester university position already? If so, what channels did you go through? Applying online didn't work for me when I tried this.

>English Teacher
You'll probably have enough downtime to do something else as well. Please, please pick up a useful skill and don't spend all your free time chasing sideways pussy. Foreign language is most obvious, but I'm consistently shocked by how many people have been living here for years and don't know fifty words.

I know someone who has lived here for five years and can't read hangul.

Already solid N3 Japanese and know hangul. Being NEET has its privileges.

Pretty sad desu

I always laugh when I hear Uni grads talking like this. Go and get a trade (Elec/HVAC/Plumbing), get paid to learn, after 3-4 years be earning $100K+, Never have to worry about being able to find work, Never have to worry about "diversity quotas"

Oh, But then you might actually have to do something hard.

I don't know how much longer this "diversity" shit can go on in the corporate world before it has real economic consequences. After I got my degree, I worked in a "business development" job for a large corporation. Basically doing research and compiling reports on how the corporation could expand its reach into new or existing markets based on its existing and projected product lines.

I did competently in this role, which was apparently a mistake, because my boss (a woman in her 40's) began dumping work on top of me that my more diverse co-workers had failed to do properly, or at all.

But it would be extremely difficult to fire them, because doing so would affect the "diversity" percentages within the company. So the response within the company was to take these employees as the corporate equivalent of charity-cases, and have the competent workers (disproportionately white/Asian men) do their work for them.

I eventually got tired of this and quit. I explained to my boss why I was quitting, and she reacted with fury rather than any sort of understanding. This was a mature adult with a professional job in a modern office, and she threw a tantrum. I just walked away. Never again. I'd rather die in NEET poverty than subject myself to that sort of abuse or serve as a cog in a machine that deserves to choke on its own decay.

no lie, go full genderqueer. get hired, get paid, act normal, anyone who calls you out immediately cal up HR and ask about harassment procedures.

call yourself primosexual, you only fug prime bitches. or autosexual, you only fuck yourself.

otherwise you'll end up a goversexual, were you just get fucked in the ass by all the queer bullshit.

You get all sorts in university. But spare a thought for the genuine people who are there, and probably would have been there 50 or 100 years ago as well before uni became what it is today. I actually are about geology and have since a young age, whereas a lot of people around me were probably debating going into a dozen other fields because their parents pressured them to go, etc..

See above.

Quite honestly I have stopped caring. I have a good education and a decent job but I've checked out of society. If I meet a wholesome white woman who wants to have 5 children and live on an acreage in the country then great -- if not there is nothing to do but watch society crash and burn.

Women have been (((brainwashed))) throughout the 20th century into believing that men had it better and that they should cast aside the natural feminine role/function/quality -- they are finally coming to realize that they were terribly wrong. Hard times lie ahead of us but from the ruins a new civilization will rise along with a return to normalcy just as it always does.

What's perhaps even scarier than the hiring process is the retrenchment process. Struggling companies are allowing redundant and overstaffed HR departments to decide who gets kicked out first, and you can bet they probably use the same diversity quotas as when they hire.

This, but the college grads can't handle real work.

See:

you need to be blood related to someone in a trade union in order to get the credentials needed to get these jobs.

IMO trying to get a job these days is a waste of time. just stay home and play videogames.

>Do I deserve this self deprecation and humiliation
>hundreds of young men in my position in my city, all should be building up capital so they can start a family
Anyway, a something "good" for us in all of this is that we only need to generate a small portion of what previous generations could in order to be in the top economic stratum of our age group to compete for females for families.

Are there many cowboy jobs in the White homeland?

You guys are not alone.
The problem is that there are soulless man who are out there and carrying on the multiple people's workload on their shoulders like a slave.
And they are happy with that, not realizing their work is worth more and they are jewd hard. Wasting away their young years for others with no re-compensation.
As long as these gullible retards outnumber a normal worker thus drive the wages down, which is the point of immigration politics, we will keep losing. Working and not working becomes the different side of the same coin.

you mean farmwork? Lolno landowners use immigrants for that since they are easier to abuse.

Damn dude, what did you learn in your graduate studies at assclown university? What job can professional assclowns like you do?

Are you in Australia? The situation is absolutely fucked it's so bad I gone to studying Enrolled Nursing in a desperate attempt to get work.

Good luck my man

>>be me, recent science graduate looking for work

What science?

The problem a lot of you lads have is you sell yourselves incorrectly; you assume that the 'science' part is enough to guarantee employment and it isn't. What guarantees you employment is a marketable skillset and that's what you ought to focus on pushing. The HR department dont' give a fuck if you know Bessel functions or whatever - they probably don't even know what that shit means - but they ARE interested in problem solving abilities, whether you're numerate, whether you're highly computer literate etc. and if you have a 'science' degree (weirdly non-specific here) then you're ahead of the majority of applicants.

Basically, stop blaming women and minorities for your own failings, faggot.

Welcome to (((current year))), when your value in this global economy is based on circumstances beyond your control. The corporate hubris has been allowed to putrify within the framework of an investment economy, to such an extent that there is no longer any interest in careful technological development. Ridiculous as it may seem, it has become profitable to hire armies of unqualified dunderheads to randomly wander around within what intellectual darkness remains to be explored, occasionally making useful discoveries (which is all the better considering their contracts generally transfer all IP rights to the employer).

Did I mention how fucked we are?

I'm having the same problem in my region of the US.

I've been looking for a legit job for three months that doesn't involve food, customer service or warehouse work because I'm done working with and serving niggers.

I swear to sky daddy, one of the jobs I got a second interview with that I did not get, I lost to a spic who was younger than me, even though I SWEAR I was more qualified for that job. On the way out of the second interview, I looked around and there were ZERO white men working there.

White women? Check. Spics? Check. Black guy? Check. The queer looking asian dude? Check. Any white men at the desk or on the flight line? Negative.

There are jobs that I'm applying to whose description and qualifications I have word for word, and once I apply or send my resume, I get NOTHING.

I honestly don't know what to do.

not denying the injustice and foolishness of what youre describing OP, but you have to realize, if you are actually more competent than your fellow job-seekers, you should be able to distinguish yourself in some way. and maybe that means abandoning these job interviews and seeking to enter an industry for which you have skills through a side-door, so to speak.

>through a (((side-door))), so to speak.

You fell for the science meme. Its not good enough to be a math or chemistry major. if you're spending money on a degree, learn shit that you can't learn on wikipedia. Either get a BA in engineering or something, or get a MA/Phd in a science subject. Otherwise kill yourself.

>I'm planning to teach English in East Asia these days.
你說宗文嗎?