What has Greece ever accomplished as a nation since its independence from the Ottoman Empire in 1830?

What has Greece ever accomplished as a nation since its independence from the Ottoman Empire in 1830?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_economic_miracle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Greece#Modern_Greek_nation-state_.281821.E2.80.93Present.29
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_modern_Greece
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greece
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Alright, this time you got me op. There's not even a silver lining.

they became poor

Pic related is Turkish.

Mr. Greek

Why did you post an Asian?

Held the line against the Italians, then Germans, longer than anyone expected.

Still fell, but of all the continental European powers to face blitzkrieg they put up the most respectable fight, for all that they were outnumbered and outgunned.

No inventions or anything like that?

What did Australia do?

There was the Greek Economic Miracle.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_economic_miracle

Pol is a collective hivemind of failed individuals who come together over something basic as skin color. They are losers, and from this resentment escalates racism and other garbage ideologies. I look forward to war, as an upper class citizen, to purge America of whiney losers, both black and white, whom of which have no respect for the work and cultivation that defines the individual.

>Still fell, but of all the continental European powers to face blitzkrieg they put up the most respectable fight
Really?

Not that I'd know without googling

Invented wi fi internet then immediately ruined it by inventing shitposting

>Russia
>European

I like you!

Gyro

I'd say Soviet Union did a better job.

SeeBesides, the Russians succeeded largely by virtue of their geography. The blitzkrieg smashes through the line to flank the line, but when the enemy has enough men and miles to keep throwing up new lines further back, you can't blitz properly and end up stalemated.

The Greeks fought the blitzkrieg outnumbered and without such advantageous terrain, and gave a very good account for themselves.

gigantic debt trap

a lot

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Greece#Modern_Greek_nation-state_.281821.E2.80.93Present.29

Mainly freedom for its people from the ottoman empire. Isn't that the thing pol most values?

More people prefer security now days.

Kicked ass.

Bring it on , want to meet up?

>those who prefer security over freedom....

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_modern_Greece
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greece

Anything and everything that you see in these two pages was achieved by modern greeks, people without a state and without freedom

Followed by the Greek economic disaster

THEY SAVED EUROPE!!!

No, sorry that was Poland.

Souvlaki --- I'm not sure if that was before or after the Ottoman.

>over something basic as skin color.
Sup Forums is majority non-white.

First country to have a Fascist government
>inb4 Mussolinibabbies start shitposting

what has michael phelps ever accomplished since this morning?