Does the Self Authoring program actually help sort yourself out or if you're already suicidal is it too late for you?

Does the Self Authoring program actually help sort yourself out or if you're already suicidal is it too late for you?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uMbUa0nfzk8
pastebin.com/4qDqptnR
pastebin.com/LYmqmLRP
ordnancesurvey.co.uk/getoutside/guides/does-walking-really-improve-your-creativity/
news.stanford.edu/2014/04/24/walking-vs-sitting-042414/
youtube.com/watch?v=K-wfY5VcBoo&
youtube.com/watch?v=AKd2YldRvB8
mediafire.com/file/stl5ctg1ptogszt/MWTD.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It might make you more suicidal if you are a happy go lucky person without a care in the world, but if you already know your hell then it will probably help you out.

Yeah, and since I found God I'm happy and want to kill gays with jihadis.

I don't know, I got to the part where it asked me to describe my goal life and came to an abrupt halt.
Life really is a complicated game, much easier to shitpost on Sup Forums and avoid responsibility.

the path to adulthood means that you have to overcome life's trifles with your own strength, not by another daddy figure.

What you are offered here are small chunks of truth, not a whole fucking framework. You can choose to participate in this mental battle arena and strongly make your own mind, with your own effort and originality...

or you can go down the low IQ route and basically copy paste this ill mans thought patterns to your own brain like a good little goym copy machine that you may want to be.

Do i get to bring friends?

I've got this friend who's suicidal and reached the "peaceful serenity that comes from making the decision to kill yourself" stage (but rather than attempting anything life threatening he just punched a wall until his parents restrained him). It was a few days ago and he doesn't currently feel that way, but he still says that he feels mostly numb and the thought of making any decisions stresses him out
I've made a whole playlist of JP videos about dealing with tough times and finding purpose in life but he hasn't watched it yet because he is completely devoid of all motivation and says that everything feels like a chore, even though he appreciates the effort I went to to make it

if I was able to meet up with him and go through the authoring programs with him, is there potential for that to help?

probably something wrong here really. Unless he is mentally ill or something.

Don't know m8. A man needs a certain grit to get by.

I saw my brother die by his own hands - it was the biggest red pill I ever got. To watch your own blood die from suicide- someone you love with all your heart- is fucked up to say the least. Now I look back at it and yeah, a man needs a certain grit to get by. Faggots, weaklings and cucks will top themselves regardless. All the rest is just window dressing. You either got it or you don't.
Having said that m8, JP is a legend and I recommend you do his course - he is right on most things and it is refreshing to see an academic merge Jung, Campbell, Nietzsche and others into modern psych.

>probably something wrong here
what do you mean?

He's been depressed for a month leading up to this (convoluted breakup among other things) and has anxiety and potentially OCD

Human happiness resides in that pyramid of needs. Most likely he is just lacking in one of those aspects.

Maybe check out the youtube video by Charisma on Command on Tony Robbins.

youtube.com/watch?v=uMbUa0nfzk8

It's about depression but I think it applies to suicidal thoughts as well. I don't know anything about Robbins, but what he says about state breaks seem pretty reasonable.

The tl;dw of it is how to help depressed people change their emotional state to something more positive.

>Ivy league ___psychology___ professor
>gets paid lots of money to teach people about psychology
>knows nothing about race
>says the alt right is about father worship

why is this forced meme burnout worthy of popularity?

Maslow was a Jewish radical.

You are doing good work m8. I got no advice on that except what I already gave except that hes gotta see a professional psych - force him to do it.

>devoid of all motivation and says that everything feels like a chore

tell him to see a psychiatrist

Too late.

>people pasting self-help talks
>Jordan Memerson
>dude go see a psychiatrist!

what next, start a cycle of SSRI's? when did Sup Forums get so Jewish?

>suicidal
How many attempts?
If zero then you are not suicidal. Just because you sometimes think it would be easier to just jump off a bridge and end it all it doesn't make you actually suicidal. It probably makes you less prone to suicide actually, because your brain is throwing the issue at you so that you can fix it.

He's got a uni psych that he goes to, he went just yesterday and got a thing to get out of his exams (which are in a few days and were to make up for the exams he missed last month when he was also depressed but not yet suicidal). He told the psych about the emotional outburst/self harm he did on sunday night - but from what he told me, the psych kind of just said that it was serious and left it at that, which to me seems really weird

He's definitely lacking in some of those and that's part of what I want to help him with, but I'm not sure how to go about it when he's lacking in most forms of motivation (he still makes an effort to see/call friends, go to a psych and do some small things that help so while he thinks he thinks he lacks all motivation that's not quite true)

What I'm most concerned about at the moment is if he will get to the point of feeling blissful peace about suicide again - he said that it happened after he had spent a day with someone and felt the happiest that he had in a while. I don't know if going out and doing some kind of physical activity would actually help or if it just risks causing him to slip back into that frame of mind from the spike of endorphins

self actualization and love are his most hard hitted areas then perhaps? As they are usually in this society.

Perhaps he may suffer from mental blocks to his motivation, useless thoughts as well that prevent him from getting that.

Perhaps yea, maybe you could even try to ease him into these things and then clinically tell them that its natural for each human to desire to feel love, or even just actualization from other people, and that perhaps he should be helped to find outlets for that.

if you wanted to help him perhaps you could try to be a wingmate for some of those places, perhaps not too loud, but more like meaningful, maybe some activities around you. Maybe even workshops or things that he likes.

Also esteem, he feels like he might be incapable of maintaining a relationship longer than a few months because of how he exposes his insecurities, and that he might never find someone he's actually compatible with. He's also tired and exhausted by how much he overthinks and obsesses over small details - taking a long time to write messages to a partner, going over it and changing minor details etc.
He's got some other issues that basically amount to "things that need to be done", but the abstract quantity is overwhelming him since there's all these other things he's worrying about too. I suggested writing them all out in a list so he could start looking at it from a more structured and organized perspective, but he said that the thought of doing that was too exhausting and he felt like he didn't even care about fixing any of it. I've written a list just for myself but it's probably still missing a few things, I might try again and bring it up next time I talk to him

He likes dancing and goes to a dance society at uni, but that was also where the ex came from and he's been reacting in a borderline ptsd way to any reminders of her so I'm not sure he could do that at the moment

and to add to that: one of the best feelings that you can get as a human, at least that is what I have felt is that of helping people. In my case since I am white and fascist it was actually once when I gave dietary and behavior advice to white families who were on the fringe. It feels good to feel appreciated, especially by random people.

That is why jobs feel so great and good, especially when you find one that fits what you like. Probably one of the best feelings in the world.

Well thanks to things like this

pastebin.com/4qDqptnR
pastebin.com/LYmqmLRP

that I learned I got a little bit of that sweet elixir of volkish joy. I wish I could find it somewhere else, but it takes money to take up a study for something important and grande.

ah...stress, overwhelmedness, cortisol. And things like that are somewhat easy to fix. Most psychologists and doctors also recommend doing sports for these reasons.

I could go super in depth about all of this. But basically your soul is mutable, and it is tied to chemicals, that need to be maintained. Testosterone especially is a good one as it is an anti thesis to cortisol, your mortal enemy that gives you stress, but also some depression through the long chain of variables.

I suggest walking for 1 hour each day in nature (it is also a lite form of meditation), its terrific to clear your thoughts.

also tis

ordnancesurvey.co.uk/getoutside/guides/does-walking-really-improve-your-creativity/

news.stanford.edu/2014/04/24/walking-vs-sitting-042414/

He's also said that he feels like his biggest purpose in life is helping other people. He talked about maybe wanting to give blood or volunteer, but he spoke of it as if it would be a parting gift to the world before he killed himself rather than a reason to live. Even though he says he likes helping other people, he also thinks he doesn't have a purpose in life and no meaning to live. I'm not fully sure if it's possible to reframe it effectively so he can consider helping other people as a reason to live.
Also his biggest fear is annoying people, which plays into all the anxiety and overthinking

Interesting idea, I might try just walking around with him next time I see him. I was thinking ice skating since it's a recreational activity that's easy to access from where I am (plus he might need to focus so much on how to walk it might clear his head of some of the other things even just temporarily) but I wasn't sure if there's danger in going from absolute zero to a more intense physical activity (as far as triggering suicidal bliss) or if he'd physically have the energy for it, so walking makes a lot of sense

youtube.com/watch?v=K-wfY5VcBoo&
jorDan eterson is a stuPid duMB DUMB

Can I skip the love/belonging part? I don't even know how it feels the rest is good.

Who cares about purpose in life lol, well I guess the path of nihilism which you are on, may be truthful, but it may also take a special character to rub besides it and not really care about it.

For that I am not sure what can be given. It probably has to do with how your nature interacts with this reality. If you were to face this beast that one calls nihilism, there are great chances that it may slay you.

But I made a friend in it, I bathed in it saliva when it tried to eat me. I tore off one of its arms, filled with claws and am using it to slash the things that I dont like, being the master of my own self.

And I did it all without the help of this fraud in OP. Just read more Nietzsche lol. If your friend truly was a nihilist then he would also realize that there is no reason to kill himself...if he truly was a nihilist then he would realize that there is no reason to eat.

Would he starve to death then if he truly believed that there was no reason in all of this? Would he have a reason not to eat? Would he have a reason not to cascade through reality with things that he likes, based on this desire to eat, and eventually turn up here where I am now in ultra fascism because going through that cascade removes all the impurities and useless things from society that do not work?

I dont know.

The program stressed me out because it made me confront simple questions that I couldn't answer. Even the "what's one thing about you would you improve" felt like the wrong answer.

I've been told that completing the program is more important than doing it well. Even Peterson said to do it badly if anything. It got me thinking, got me facing my metaphysical dirty room. It's made me question what I'm doing in life.

The program isn't a meme imo. It took years to make with some of the best psychiatrists creating these questions in this exact order. I didn't believe it would work but when I started it I had to take breaks from how hollow I felt. Then it was like the Jumanji board, drumming, beckoning me to face the horror that is my directionless existence or remain haunted with the first few questions.

It really broke me, but it gave me... clarity. Some confidence to change direction because I knew damn well I was just wasting my potential. You just have to do it and be honest.

No, not really. Your biological self needs it. One can compensate for it through self actualization pretty well, I for one reason with myself that the reason why I do not want to go down this path is because of pic related, and because of the recent hpv strain in 1/3 of all women lol.

I do not judge this society to be worthy of too much involvement. And thus many feelings are kept at bay, successfully. But once I spot a female that has the hallmarks of some stoicness (to a level at which they can get to as females) then it kinda breaks down.

Lad, I'm afraid to inform you but "suicidal" is only the beginning.
Enjoy the ride.

What were you like before you started? Were you clinically depressed or just kind of sad about life and looking for something to fix it?

Saying it broke you - it makes complete sense, but this friend is already broken to the point of being comfortable with the idea of no longer living so I'm not sure how much more broken it's safe for him to get

Blood donation then suicide, eh?
Just show him video related then:
youtube.com/watch?v=AKd2YldRvB8

why not actually push him into actual nihilism? To that of completely nullification of EVERYTHING.

Tell him "if there is no reason to live, no reason for anything, is there is a reason to die?"

Because killing one self takes conscious action, and one cannot weasel one self out of this by lying to yourself by doing things like drugs and alcohol. If you know it kill you, even slowly, you have failed the "there is no reason for anything"

his reason to die is to end his suffering
his mindset is that if life has so much pain and no guarantee that the positive moments will even happen, why bother staying around if there's no assuredness that things will get better

Of course that therefore means that there are things in life that have meaning because he considers pain to have a meaning that guides his decisions, but I'm not sure how that revelation on its own would help him if he still lacks the motivation to fix things he has control over

I think I've been depressed for some time actually. Always had this apathetic view on everything, but this program is supposed to be for self-improvement and showed me how utterly clueless and directionless I was. I did have some thoughts of death and hoped it was a brain tumor or something that made me so unmotivated.
Later on it asks you to go into detail about what your personal hell (and heaven) are. For me, it was surviving off the scraps of people who used to believe in me. I would just be this bitter blob who was forgotten by all his friends who once cared about me but moved on to their fullest potential.
Its definitely painful to do. My apathy was jolted into extreme anxiety and anger at my own incompetence. Made me angry at how blank my future is and how I couldn't even write about it.
I'll definitely say that if your friend needs a shrink then he should do it. I feel like I know where my depression stems from and am trying to elevate myself above it without help, but I'm just stubborn. But the program is tough and I'm sad to say it gets rougher.
But it is all for the sake of lining up all those broken concepts in your head to come to a clear focus imo. Perhaps being with your friend In the same room will help..remind him it's only him who is writing this out. It's NONE of your business unless he wants to show you his demons.

well thats not full blown nihilism then, doubt he even is on this path then. I came to this path through early life self actualization from a neutral background.

But it seems like your friend may have 40% basic nihilism and 40% later in life misery. Very bad combo, potentially it could be lethal. If one does not have the energy to take up the pursuit of spiritual self fulfillment then this path of mine may not work well for him.

Perhaps, though I am not sure, your friend needs to find a place and a better guarantee then of these things? A close group of friends? Shit, maybe even cute doggos and animals who give unconditional love?

It may sound pathetic and basic but I remember from other people that these things can help quite a lot. If he is sane enough to be in a course, anything too drastic and too crazy should be avoided, but there are many sane intermediaries. Does he have no family or good social services that can provide him with this?

But I dont think that peterson is also the right man for this job. Some sports for mental well being, and some addressing of this love problem is probably what could help him.

try this, dude: mediafire.com/file/stl5ctg1ptogszt/MWTD.zip
The Mindful Way Through Depression audiobook + PDF. Give it a try.

Jordan Peterson is one of the few tenured Professors who teaches the real philosophy of Nietzche and I respect him for that. I don't know why you'd call him a fraud.

the whole core of Nietzsche is that of becoming the ubermensch. Oh gee, I wonder which political part of the spectrum really liked that idea...

But you cannot expect your whole civilization to transcend man. Only a select few will become ubermensch through rigorous work and numerous obstacles.

'peaceful serenity that comes from making the decision to kill yourself'

pretty much, i got to that frame of though, but if you dont kys then your probably not going to.

look at and see whats missing.

cunt needs to get a routine habbening, get some depression (((meds))) cause i heard they work well

get a job

" relationship longer than a few months because of how he exposes his insecurities," yeah i fell that

get some Acid and trip with em, idk

He's got a fairly large network of friends since usually he's very extroverted, even though he values one on one conversations the most. Every day for the last week or so he's been going out with different friends and then calling me at night - besides sunday night where he had that episode and specifically didn't call me because he felt he was done with life and stopped thinking or caring about the consequences killing himself would have on other people. The fact all he did was punch a wall until he was restrained rather than some of the other more serious options he mentioned to me (knives, taking the car out etc) perhaps suggests to me that even at that point when he thought he was calm and decided there was still some part of him trying to fight it

What kind of addressing of the love problem do you suggest? He's got plenty of friends reaching out to him, I tell him that I love him and he's said it to me as well. I don't think superficial hookups will help him because he's always cared way more about the emotional bond - but I think he's currently too afraid of the risk of feeling shit after another breakup, especially if it's after a longer relatinoship (and personally I think part of his issue is that he gets too dependent and clingy and he needs to sort that out before he can have a successful long term relationship)

oh gee, so hes a whiner then and an attentionwhore lol? It takes time to heal the bond you make with a woman, some men never even get over that at all. But most likely just treat him as normal, and with time, the chances that he actually kills himself, will gradually fade.

I dont think that the challenge of finding a suitable woman is worthy of your energy, its just too damn hard.

Maybe he broke up because he had problems (as you say, insecurities), why not just address them then? I found the best way to address insecurities is with lots and lots of muscle.

if you are huge, and have huge muscles, being able to beat down (but also look more handsome than others) will boost you up quite a bit. Big muscles that come from lifting naturally also will be a great testament to your dedication and zealotry. They are much more useful than things like cars, because you can take your muscles with you everywhere :)

srsly though, easiest way ever to remove insecurities ever devised on this planet. As for the woman problem, dont go to r9k for that lol, but be aware that most women these days are bad indeed. Selecting for a better mate, when you are better yourself is the most logical thing to do. Be worthy of her, but also find one that is worthy of you, if you ever make it. Go to /fit/ for that.

also pic related.

I will give it a try. Thank you.

He's not whining about it, he's lost all confidence in himself and gone numb and emotionless. He built up enough friends prior to this that people are reaching out to him because they can tell he's not right at the moment. He's not going out seeking attention demanding that people cater to him.
I understand that all of his issues are fixable, and maybe part of him sees that too - but he currently feels like there's no point because there's no guarantee things will get better and if things are going to stay the same he's thinking that he could be better to just end it because that's better than experiencing the lack of self worth he's got at the moment

i've been suicidal for as long as i can remember. it's an asset

The last thing he needs to do now is find a relationship. He'll never be able to form a successful bond with some girl until he figures himself out. It would end up simply being a crutch or (even worse) a source of even more anxiety.

Exactly what I think too
how do you start fixing anxiety or training yourself to be less dependent or clingy though?

Can someone post the link to the pastebin of one of his self authoring programs? Thanks!

well if you go to an uni, chances are those friends already did exactly what we did. But obviously, age, but also still slightly lower IQ means that they may not have found a good solution to it yet. This place obviously is more high quality.

But it does mean that some methods and ways of thinking may have been similar or tried. Cant you just contact his family or something?

>Cant you just contact his family or something?
for what specifically?
He's got a sister who I'm trying to hunt down on facebook but I can't find her, she either doesn't have one or is using a pseudonym or something

>for what specifically

uuugh...for the avoidance of death?

He lives with his parents and they know what's going on. I'm trying to contact his sister to make sure they're doing shit like not keeping car keys in an easy place for him to access but like I said it's not easy - I know her name but nobody comes up when I search for it or nickname derivatives

Just tell him to off himself already. Suicide literally IS the solution to all problems.

well it depends really, if he is white, and if he has good genetic stock then there is reason to tell him to not to kill himself.

Even with mediocre and somewhat...low genetic stock one has still reasons to do so. Low genetic stock still hates other races and will beat them up so thats good.

But maybe helping him is actually indeed a bit too much still. Maybe its just solely his choice, even if its a weak/bad one.