SOUTHERN GENERAL THREAD

It's about time we get a Southern general going on this board. With all the bullshit coming from Northern liberals and their Jew masters, attempting to rewrite history, let's work together to create a collection of resources to learn about Southern history and revitalize our heritage.

Y'all got any tales of the South to share?

inb4 cousin fuckin n' chewin' tobacco

MUSIC
Cajun: youtu.be/wlv8PUyc1HQ?list=RDQMrT40jkA2wYI
Bluegrass: youtu.be/e4Ao-iNPPUc?list=PL8_dTB6oesMruA7K5euPXgo-A4M7XgH7Y
Skynyrd and the like: youtu.be/9Cyokaj3BJU?list=PL5mTcf8ZcbhM76YEfy1mhBVJtFnsebFMN

HISTORY
Sons of Confederate Veterans: scv.org/new/

Would love to get a booklist going as well. Perhaps some current events too.

C'mon boys!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aeGBpTFZhh4
npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/05/19/529130606/new-orleans-prepares-to-take-down-statue-of-gen-robert-e-lee
archive.is/qJ8Su
archive.is/0tARk
confederateamericanpride.com/articles.html
confederateamericanpride.com/books.html
rulen.com/myths/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Here are some of my memories growin' up in the South (Cajun-country in my case).
>be young'un
>family goes to the lakes every chance we get
>rollin' down the windows, smelling the sweet humid air as we drive down long country highways to get to our cabin
>listening to cajun music on the cassette player in the car
>sing along with my brother
>arrive at cabin
>spend all day exploring the woods and creek, throwing rocks and building a bridge over the creek with deadwood
>mom yells for dinner as night falls
>enjoy a big dinner of chicken fried steak and mashed potatoes and green peas on a red picnic cloth with the windows wide open
>humid as fuck but didn't care
>light some candles and play cards until we pass out

bump

Bumping

>literally the original dindu nuffins

TN here. Fuck the yanks
I guess I should post the obligatory "civil war stats that btfo yankcucks" infograph.

Who's #btfo, exactly? My ancestors fought on the winning side.

TN reporting in. I almost missed the thread since it's usually called Dixie General. As for southern tales I got plenty but I guess it depends on what exactly you're looking for.

407 reporting!
>be youngn
>every summer our church packs up and goes to a bunch of cabins surrounding the west coast of a huge lake
>get there with swimming trunks already on
>first to jump in every year without fail, my sister not far behind
>everyone else worrying about unpacking or whatever
>we get out with the few friends that joined us an hour later
>unpack
>steak and potatoes in the lunch hall
>basketball outside or carpet ball inside until midnight
>wake up at seven every morning for a week for church (Christian Bible summer camp)
>mfw tons of memories made here
>mfw yank mother (born in Northern Indiana) hated the church and haven't been back since
>mfw 22 now, attending the old church again and was offered camp counseling duty for next summer

yank here

>tfw the wrong side won, just like WW2

The southern United States and Midwest are going to be havens for actual humans in the US.

youtu.be/aeGBpTFZhh4

flag of traitors
flag of treason
flag of losers

No my team won th whole war but we went into sudden death overtime and dropped the ball majorly at the end.

enjoy fags, niggers, and noguns then i guess

This

My side fought with honor and was overpowering a better equipped and bigger army.
Your side starved widows and children.

You must be really proud of that victory that killed states rights.

My ancestors fought for both sides. What do I win?

Hasn't the US done the same during the Revolution?

>You must be really proud of that victory that killed slavery.
Damn straight.

The U.S. betrayed and lost to itself during the Revolution?

>be 8 years ago
>sitting in sophomore history class
>fat dyke teacher
>unit on civil war this week
>taught from a young age the true history of the south from my parents
>fat dyke going on about slavery
>all week interject, proving more context to each major event we covered
>get sent to the principal's office for "disrespecting the teacher"
>getting chewed out by principal
>just sit there and kek
>they threaten to call parents to talk about my "racist beliefs"
>idgaf.jpg
>father arrives
>disgonbegud
>father royally chews out principal for teaching Marxist nonsense
>his entire demeanor is cold, quiet, and very intense--a model man
>the weight of his words and gentlemanly insults are like bricks
>principal and dyke ghost-faced by the end of it
>got to sit out rest of that unit, getting A regardless
>father made me study during this time even more on the civil war
>love my based dad
>fat dyke teacher never speaks to me directly again

>it's another "states shouldn't have their own rights" episode
where the fuck did i leave the remote

So if you win you are no longer a traitor?

Because "states should have their own rights" is a well-defined and meaningful position.

I hope Neil Young will remember...

(you) Concur.

>slavery.
Your second grade history teacher must be proud of you.

If who wins, and who are they a traitor against?

The yanks betrayed the constitution and "won". So yeah, I guess you're not a traitor if you win.

So, to clarify, you are claiming that the Union victory did not kill slavery?

Louisiana here.we lost our ol' lee statue a couple months ago.such a sad day.

You forgot to mention who were Germans and which ones were Anglo in your picture.

killed it in the U.S, I'm damn near positive it was around the rest of the world for a while after

These guys thought so.

really? any articles on the event?
what a damn shame.

We're discussing it in the context of the U.S.

They thought what? "States should have their own rights" is a meaningless platitude in and of itself.

To give Louisiana credit I've seen people digging through law books trying to find a way to save it. My own state of Tennessee is going to need to tighten down soon. Memphis is already discovering loopholes to remove the Forrest statue. Thankfully I'm personal friends with my local state rep and I imagine he's already getting to work to close that loophole.

have you been under a rock? i was aghast. never in my 28 years did i EVER think i'd see blacks and mexicans tear down a statue of robert e lee.

npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/05/19/529130606/new-orleans-prepares-to-take-down-statue-of-gen-robert-e-lee here you go son

Technically it didn't. States like Delaware had slavery even after the war. It was only due to complaints when slavery was finally killed in unionist states later on.

Archive please archive.is/qJ8Su

I'd like to visit the south if it didn't have the highest density of niggers in the US.

at least we had a literacy test for niggers.i got 9/9 on it

>slavery was going on in union states after the union wanted it killed off
holy shit what?

The good guys were the Germans and the Bad guys were the anglos.

>Y'all got any tales of the South to share?

people like to ignore the fact that the center of the slave trade was Boston, all the shipping companies, all the insurance companies, all the banks that held title on the slaves, were all based in Boston and New England, people always point the finger at the south even though majority of southern slave owners did not hold title on their slaves,

Literally the flag of lardass, delusional losers

Union victory = passage of the 13th Amendment = end of slavery

Slavery in border states (like Delaware) ended with the passage of the 13th Amendment in December 1865.

Lincoln wasn't a tyrant like King George. George was in office long after our revolution. Lincoln would've been gone soon enough.

He didn't even mention slavery in his first inaugural address. Southerners were privileged brats who never had to work and when they cheated and still lost the election of 1860, they threw a tantrum and quit.

nice argument

How fucking bluepilled are you? Do you really think the North gave a shit about slavery? The abolitionists and blacks were useful idiots/means to an end of expanding federal power and marginalizing the 9th and 10th amendments PERMANENTLY. It's a shame southern jewery (about 5%) that owned mass plantations and slaves allowed for dumbasses like you to shove out this lazy excuse for an argument as to why the north fought the civil war (WE WUZ SLAVE SAVIORS AND SHIEEET), or else you'd have to recognize the war for what it really was.

nice counter-argument

Where did I say that "the North gave a shit about slavery" exactly?

>Do you really think the North gave a shit about slavery?

they absolutely did, the Northern businessmen were outraged by how unprofitable the southern slavery system was, southern plantation slavery was collapsing, the war provided excuse for the changes necessary to bring in the wage slavery system we still live in

What are y'all hoping to achieve by making these threads?

We needed to preserve the union. America is great because it's a giant country that's been stable for 230 years. If we were broken up like Latin America there still be strong sections, but none of those factions would have ever been a global power.

Additionally to that, the South represented a continuation of European aristocracy. The whole region is dotted with hacidenas where one rich had multiple peasant work his estate. Fuck that. Lincoln was preparing the send slaves back to Africa. If not for John Wilkes Booth, that wouldn't have been an issue.

All that said, the South today is a great region and needs to focus on the future, not the past.
>comfy part of Atlanta pictured

>They thought what? "States should have their own rights" is a meaningless platitude in and of itself.
Yes. That's exactly what they thought. It's not
even disputable.
And your belief that it's a "meaningless platitude" is indicative of your traitorous mindset.
Reminder that Ulysses S. Grant didn't free his slaves until after the war ended.
His comment on why "because it's so hard to get good help these days".
Also a reminder that Robert E. Lee freed all of his slaves and risked imprisonment by opening a school for slaves on his own property.

>How fucking bluepilled are you?
>southern jewery
>about 5% about 5% about 5% about 5%

>Reminder that Ulysses S. Grant didn't free his slaves until after the war ended.
>His comment on why "because it's so hard to get good help these days".
>Also a reminder that Robert E. Lee freed all of his slaves and risked imprisonment by opening a school for slaves on his own property

...and this means that the Civil War didn't ultimately end slavery?

Might be a foreign concept to a chink-worshipping weeb like you, but some of us want to honor and carry on the traditions of our folk.

>Kills 400,000 Americans
>calls the other side dindus
Respect us and we'll respect you. If not, leave please.

It's true

Yet you ignore the dozen different ways Lincoln tried to end the war without ending slavery. Lincoln and Grant's goal was reuniting the union, not ending slavery. The Emancipation Proclamation's goal was to cause slave revolts through the south and nothing more. The 13th Amendment ending slavery in all states was also political since the idea was between black voters and the Ironclad Oath keeping anyone who served the Confederacy in any capacity from voting would assure Republican dominance of the south which did actually work for awhile until the Ironclad Oath was removed. Slavery was ended but only entirely for political maneuvering not because the union deeply cared about slaves.

From SC, we have more fags and niggers.

Do you live under a rock?

Low IQ beaner tier thinking that wants to slander America. Nothing wrong with pride in history, but these Confederate fags come off as "the South was RIGHT" we wuz kangs assholes.

>Slavery was ended
You didn't need that wall of text, this is the point I've been making, and we're clearly in agreement.

>chink-worshipping weeb
>1 picture means i'am a weeb
give your head a wobble

I guess so. Of course you're one state south from NC which was almost completely overrun by nogs during some BLM thing, right? I live in Florida and I don't see niggers much. Must be because i have a real job and family structure.

Not really because you're arguing the union fought to end slavery. This wasn't the union's goal at all. It was a byproduct of their main goal which was reuniting the union. Nice job avoiding my argument though. Again, Lincoln would've gladly taken the south back into the union without ending slavery. He said this himself many times.

No dude, the entire South has more niggers than the rest of the country, it's always been that way.

And blacks are more sexually degenerate than any race, which is why Atlanta has epidemic levels of AIDS.

Sorry, the entire South has more niggers and fags.

God damnit....feels

Passed through Charleston shortly after the Dylann Roof happening and saw a "diverse" group of people paying homage to a "memorial against hate." The South is effectively the North with better weather and without the abandoned buildings.

>...and this means that the Civil War didn't ultimately end slavery?

hell no, we live under wage slavery, it's more profitable because women have to work, just imagine cavewomen just had to fuck and do a couple things, modern women clerking at mcwhore corporate job all day

wow what progress

>Not really because you're arguing the union fought to end slavery.
Where am I doing that?

~5% of the entire union population previous to secession you kike, nice try though.

>no explanation for fags but tacks it on the end
wait just one cotton pickin second there

What relevance would that stat have?

Proud you got majorly fucked up and lost then to actually have a chance at winning had to send you faggot troops into towns and cities to rob rape and destroy. Seriously what's it like being a descendant of a nigger?

...are you okay? What are you even talking about?

No. It didn't.
It just ended the kind of slavery that kept the south on it's feet and kept it from seceding from the north.
Slavery still happens here.
archive.is/0tARk

if i was in charge of this nation, i'd make shermann look like ghandi.......

I guarantee you, except for major cities, we have more faggotry than any other region in the US. (which is mostly blacks anyway)

Blacks are that degenerate.

I always wonder what happens to sad little men like you. This thread is supposed to be about confederacy and to most that means pride in the south.

We know where this was going all a long. You can't even start an argument without resorting to a nigger-hate rant. Maybe you should save your time and post a white supremacist thread instead. It must be frustrating to hold all these emotions and vent them out on the internet because you're too scared of saying them in public...

i thought they hated fags, i listened to enough rap music as a kid to hear them hating homos

Know any good sites to red pill people on on the realities of the war and slavery?

>I thought blacks hated fags
LOL no. They pretend to because of "MUH ALPHA MALE" but it's a farce.

Ghandi starved himself peacefully for a noble cause
Sherman starved widows and children violently for a shit cause
There is no parallel there.

>it was nigger hate all along
you really are on the wrong site, aren't you?

>Proud you got majorly fucked up and lost then to actually have a chance at winning had to send you faggot troops into towns and cities to rob rape and destroy.
...what?

>Seriously what's it like being a descendant of a nigger?
Englishmen, actually. Immigrated here during the war solely to preserve the Union.

I was under the impression that "slavery" in the context of this discussion (and thread) referred specifically to the institution of Southern chattel slavery. My mistake if I was not clear.

Preferably sites that strictly reinforce your existing beliefs on the issue, yes?

Wad up mah niggahs?
Deep south Rooinek reporting in.

The fact that you take you're taking so much pride earlier in the abolition of slavery is a good indicator. I had southern unionist ancestors who fought in the Union Army. The only factor slavery played for them is they didn't own any slaves and didn't feel like the Confederacy offered them anything while their fathers and grandfathers fought in the Revolution to create the union and the union gave them the land they were living on. So really I find their reasoning for supporting the union to be sound. They had no reason to hate the union.

>
>Preferably sites that strictly reinforce your existing beliefs on the issue, yes?
Yeah, like this one. Friendly reminder that Sup Forums is a white supremacist board. Shit skins out so we can talk about our darling dixie childhoods without retard yanks yelling the words racism or slavery at us because we're proud of the south. Fuck off, cunt.

It's a "My entire knowledge of American history before the date that I was born I learned in grades 2-6" episode. Educate yourself you pathetic ignoramus.

>Chewin' tobacco
It's pronounced "Chewin' 'bacca". Not that I do that degenerate act.

various articles: confederateamericanpride.com/articles.html
books: confederateamericanpride.com/books.html
fact sheet: rulen.com/myths/

Slavery's definition extends to define a little more than what your African American studies professor told you it was.

No, in the south most people will tell you it's a heritage icon and not a racial issue.

Out of all the families in the U.S. in 1860 (Northerners included), only 5% owned slaves. Lincoln had to originally frame the war as a state's rights issue to grab the North's attention because the North didn't give a shit about slavery other than the niche abolitionist movement.