CATHOLIC GENERAL: TRADITION IS THE FUTURE EDITION

Here are your daily readings
usccb.org/bible/readings/071217.cfm

Community links, such as recommended media, are now below in pastebin links. Remember to recommend things to add to the lists!
>Catholic Encyclopedia
newadvent.org/
>Online Breviary
divinumofficium.com/cgi-bin/horas/officium.pl
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.K)
lms.org.uk/mass-listings
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (U.S/Can)
ecclesiadei.org/masses.cfm
>Directory for Finding a Latin Mass (Ireland)
latinmassireland.com/mass-listings/
>Laudate App
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aycka.apps.MassReadings&hl=en
>Recommended Movies
pastebin.com/xAL9w4fk
>Recommended Books
pastebin.com/K8DUUPdC
>Recommended Music
pastebin.com/dgqjiSgs
>Beauty of Creation
pastebin.com/VKGZEvXK
>Tales of Love and Virtue
pastebin.com/Qt3RUsXA

Other urls found in this thread:

rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2017/07/fssp-sets-personal-record-for-most.html
icrsp.org/Pages/photo-quotidienne-ordinations-2017.html
instagram.com/explore/locations/1006569147/?hl=en
holysynergy.wordpress.com/2017/07/11/breaking-news-the-orthodox-church-of-puerto-rico-enters-into-communion-with-the-catholic-church/
dclatinmass.com/2017/07/09/fr-kiefer-fssp-to-become-pastor-of-baltimore-st-alphonsus/
ilfoglio.it/chiesa/2017/01/14/news/carlo-caffarra-papa-sinodo-famiglia-coscienza-newman-chiesa-114939/
catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=31663
catholicherald.co.uk/news/2017/02/27/pope-francis-helps-sspx-in-its-plans-for-new-headquarters-in-rome/
youtube.com/watch?v=5CqvA4xmC-4
lms.org.uk/missals
fsspmexico.com/
tertullian.org/fathers/salvian_gov_00_intro.htm
ignatius.com/Products/NTPL-P/new-testament-and-psalms-rsv--leather.aspx
catholictradition.org/Classics/belloc2-1.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=rpSnEMjKKqo
youtube.com/watch?v=B5JH6QL7F3w
youtube.com/watch?v=_q4zHT5kibA
newenglishreview.org/custpage.cfm/frm/123665/sec_id/123665
youtube.com/watch?v=uv_2x6JmuaE
youtube.com/watch?v=FDGnmlg2Ww0
youtube.com/watch?v=RI4lkqYzJvM
youtube.com/watch?v=4Bvwzeuyx4E
youtube.com/watch?v=kK5AohCMX0U
youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0
youtube.com/watch?v=HxjYWvF5ttc
youtube.com/watch?v=WhP654dN3Ww
youtube.com/watch?v=4ych_dTX8G0
youtube.com/watch?v=pGgB0bf2PHU
youtube.com/watch?v=oX9xVnHYFAM
youtube.com/watch?v=sieHX3tPeRw&t=123s
youtube.com/watch?v=cX9bYNK5oC0
youtube.com/watch?v=C_gaT-tnpKk
youtube.com/watch?v=n-5mx5o8YYs
youtube.com/watch?v=70YDpSo2MRI
youtube.com/watch?v=g3Ekot38tV8
youtube.com/watch?v=2IxYXGfdGcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3scPRLGFE
youtube.com/watch?v=AKpexxzR4Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=o6JJCaf9e7c
youtube.com/watch?v=mNMQu5LXaeI
youtube.com/watch?v=_dV5b8AuLHg
youtube.com/watch?v=YRhRzdiCk7s
youtube.com/watch?v=xRi1GDoaQu4
youtube.com/watch?v=1_8Nrx-67EY
youtube.com/watch?v=74d3gWJOV-4
youtube.com/watch?v=GkdtYIPN9ic
youtube.com/watch?v=PU4ycRzwqDc
youtube.com/watch?v=WPQ4F9Xd45w
youtube.com/watch?v=noetoc2W4Pc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ROOF THAT TRADITION IS THE FUTURE:

In the last week alone:

FSSP have ordained the same number of men as were ordained in the whole of England & Wales in 2016

rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2017/07/fssp-sets-personal-record-for-most.html

Institute of Christ the King held ordination after ordination in Florence (really recommend you check the pics)

icrsp.org/Pages/photo-quotidienne-ordinations-2017.html

SSPX ordained 9 priests & 6 deacons in the US

instagram.com/explore/locations/1006569147/?hl=en

Some more news:

Welcome home to any Puerto Rican ex-Orthobros

>The Orthodox Church of Puerto Rico enters into communion with the Catholic Church.

holysynergy.wordpress.com/2017/07/11/breaking-news-the-orthodox-church-of-puerto-rico-enters-into-communion-with-the-catholic-church/

Congrats to any Catholads near Baltimore. You're getting an FSSP apostolate at St. Alphonsus' Church. Starts 1st August.

dclatinmass.com/2017/07/09/fr-kiefer-fssp-to-become-pastor-of-baltimore-st-alphonsus/

Catholics pls explain this.

It's supposed to represent Christ in a nuclear explosion or something. I agree, it's ghastly

Luckily, we know are a 2000 year old Church. We are going to have some terrible sculptures. But we have plenty of great ones to make up for the small nmber of bad ones

ilfoglio.it/chiesa/2017/01/14/news/carlo-caffarra-papa-sinodo-famiglia-coscienza-newman-chiesa-114939/
What do you think about this interview?
the last part is the most interesting

current Catholicism is corrupted (but so is current Orthodoxy or Protestantism) everyone can see the current Pope is lying demon and his clergy of gay pedophiles are not any better.

At this point being a "Catholic" (or any kind of Christian) shouldnt be about going to church but knowing the history of the scripture and whats important.
Catholic scripture is the oldest and most pure, thats what important in it.

Orthodoxy is very close to Catholicism, so its acceptable.
Protestantism is pure cancer. You can't remove so much scripture and call you half-baked religion adequate. Its what ultimately led to the destruction of Christian society.

>SSPX ordained 9 priests & 6 deacons in the US

They're in schism. Regardless of the value of the Tridentine, or of pre-Vatican II liturgical practice, a win for SSPX at this point is not win for the Church.

I agree with everything Cardinal Caffarra says. The tyranny of relativism is the biggest threat of our time. A misformed conscience is as dangerous as a silent conscience.

>At this point being a "Catholic" (or any kind of Christian) shouldnt be about going to church

This is wrong. In that same scripture you talk about, you'll read about a being called Jesus. He's kinda important and he says Catholics must 'do this in memory of me' in relation to attending mass as a constant playing out of his sacrifice

False. They aren't in full communion, but they aren't in schism. If they were, Pope Francis wouldn't have granted to them the ability to validly ordain priests & conduct marriages

catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=31663

Nice thread OP, hardly see this on Sup Forums

Any Catholic dating sites? am looking for a traditional house wife who likes the old school way of parenting in which the female stays with the kids all day while the male (me) works and brings food to the table.

All popes are antichrists

Its hard too find traditional Catholic women user, but they are out there I'm in California and a lot of women that attend my church are like that, so don't lose hope. I meet my girlfriend at my church and she's extremely tradtional so I feel I've been blessed, best advice is too attend latin mass and make yourself known.

>They aren't in full communion, but they aren't in schism

Good catch, you're right. I hadn't heard about the 2009 remission of the excommunication. Let's pray they're brought back into the fold soon.

>yfw 30 minute mass

Get yourself to trad mass, user. If there's a reasonable trad presence, they'll have events you can turn up to

There are constant rumours that a rapprochement is going to happen soon. Holy See has even sold them a Church & buildings for the future training of priests

catholicherald.co.uk/news/2017/02/27/pope-francis-helps-sspx-in-its-plans-for-new-headquarters-in-rome/

pic unrelated

Seriously though, what is Latin Mass?

The mass of ages. The tridentine rite. The mass in Latin.

Latin
Priest faces the tabernacle
Gregorian chant
No guitars or handshaking

This youtube.com/watch?v=5CqvA4xmC-4

Latin mass is catholic liturgy spoken in the latin tongue its very beautiful and very traditional something I think even non catholics should witness once in there life.

I don't know Latin though

Truth is universal regardless of the language it is spoken in. The beauty of the Latin mass, and any mass held in traditional languages, is the antiquity of it. Given the fact that, at least in the Orthodox tradition, the mass is not held in "temporal time", it gives further reasoning as to why mass does not need too held in English, and to some is a reason why it outright shouldn't be held in English.

You don't need to.
a) Almost every Latin mass will have the english & latin side by side on a missal at the back
b) You can download the Laudate app in the OP. It has the latin & english side by side

does not need to be held*

Not many people do lol but if you are to be a traditional catholic, going to latin mass is recommended, eventually you'll pick it up not entirely but eventually, plus you'll get too tell whoever you feel like bragging too that you know the language of ancient rome

If I'm going in for my first Latin Mass, I'm obviously going to be surrounded by fellow Catholics who are more familiar with the liturgy and what's expected of them.

Is there anything I should know going in so I don't act foolishly or violate traditional etiquette I wasn't aware of?

Expect lots of singing, kneeling, amening, and depending on what church you go too men seated right women to the left, plus idk if you could recive commiunon

Not really. Here's the Latin Mass in English so you can get a feel of what happens

lms.org.uk/missals

On etiquette: Don't try to shake anyone's hand. You'll be expected to kneel at the altar rail for communion & receive in the tongue

But don't worry about it. Every traditional Latin Mass community will be glad of another member. Understand you not wanting to potentially look foolish, but even if you messed up, they wouldn't see it that way

Holy shit, take it to /x/

If your not a catholic already you should make it a point to talk to the father and ask him if you can sit in on mass as well of course hell say yes, its just tradition, describe to him your situation that your not catholic before but interested and then speak to him after mass if you like it

Shit, I live in the highlands of Jalisco, there's an abundance of traditional catholic girls out here, I was just curious to see if there was a j-date or something for catcholics.
I don't think there are latin masses down here, I'll have to ask my grandparents or mom since they are the ones who regularly attend mass. desu I only go to mass for funerals or if it's the death anniversary of a loved one, but I'm seeking to change that. I was even an altar boy back when I was in 4th grade, lol. paid me 10 pesos per mass.

What do you guys think of thr "3 days of darkness" prophecy? Ie the great happening predicted by Fatima and mystics (fatima just says a bad thing is coming, nothing specific)

Lol and discuss Bigfoot and blear witch project with a bunch of atheist communists, no thank you, this is European tradition my friend

We never know what god has in. store for us until it already happens user

>Don't think there latin masses down here
You literally have an FSSP church & seminary (one of the most trad orders) in Guadalajara

fsspmexico.com/

Meant that for u

Who are some based Catholics you know that no one seems to have heard of?

For instance - Angelus Silesius. He was born to a Luteran family and influenced by the mystic Jacob Boehme. Later he converted to Catholicism, becoming a monk, he also wrote tons of mystic verses

>The Cross on Golgotha
>Thou lookest to in vain,
>Unless within thine heart
>It be set up again.

Don't have time to post and to answer questions but I'll atleast pop in to give this thread a bump.

God bless you all.

Currently reading Salvian who was pretty based. He wrote during the Barbarian invasion of Rome & effectively blamed the Romans for their own hedonism (sound familiar?)

tertullian.org/fathers/salvian_gov_00_intro.htm

Also, if you get the Laudate app in the OP, it always tells you Saints of the Day & you can discover numerous based Saints who you've probably never heard of

What's the best way to convert/deal with absolutely insane pagan LARPfags?
I was dealing with one on /tg/ not too long ago, completely delusional, would claim Catholics are "weak cucks who don't fight for themselves and are pacifists" and "oppressive bigots who killed all the pagans and burned all the scientists" in the same breath?
Any good books to recomend to a pagan?
And for that matter, any good reading material on what they actually believe and why? It seems like it just popped up recently for no good reason, and I can't understand why anyone would believe in such blantaly untrue stuff? Is it just atheits who realized that for any system of morals to work you need a God?

>It seems like it just popped up recently for no good reason
"Le Thor myth is le based!xDD" is a "good" reason, apparently.

Is this an acceptable pocket bible? I've heard good things about Ignatius Press, but I'm hesitant to pull the trigger.
ignatius.com/Products/NTPL-P/new-testament-and-psalms-rsv--leather.aspx

I think you'd struggle to find two 'Pagans' who'd tell you they believe in the same thing. It's a desperate attempt to create a shared culture again. But they also don't want to align themselves with the 'uncool' faith of their grandparents. Funny, really. They want to be like muh ancestors, but can't bring themselves to embrace the religion of their grandparents.

I'd recommend pic related as it refutes the oft-stated nonsense pagans say about Catholicism damaging, rather than building, Western Civ

Looks good to me, user. Whoever told you good things about Ignatius press was tleling you the truth

Bump

>I'd recommend pic related as it refutes the oft-stated nonsense pagans say about Catholicism damaging, rather than building, Western Civ
Thanks, will take a look at it.
Sounds like they're basically the new militant atheists. Which I guess makes sense, they seem to use a lot of the athiest talking points, and if I wanted those I'd just go to a castlevania thread on Sup Forums (which makes me so sad, I love the games and the show, but every thread is just shitposting) They really fail to provide a convincing reason to believe though, all I can find is "your ancestors did it so you should too!" Which is rather dumb given the thousands of years between pagans and now, and how modern western culture was basically made by Christanity.

>Looks good to me
Thanks, I'll pull the trigger.

I would advise not to get too sucked in when debating with those outside of the church especially protestants. Often their eyes are too coloured with pride and they are unable to comprehend the divine mysteries of the faith that it can descend into shit slinging. The best means of evangelising is living a life as free from sin as possible. People will see the righteousness and godly effects of your life and will get curious wanting to partake in goodness for all human souls seek truth goodness and beauty which leads them to god.

I hear you, but it's not really about arguing. Arguing about religion is pointless, because most people won't change their beliefs because of it.
Rather, it's about understanding what and why they believe as they do so that I can better help them, because they're lost souls clearly seeking meaning but they haven't yet found it. By understanding what they believe, I can better help them.
The sad truth is that many people, esspecially teens and extremely young adults, have fallen victim to the lies of the Enemy via stuff like the media, and honestly believe Christanity is evil. I find that you can't help those lost souls if you can't first, in a loving Christian manner, break down the barriers that society has instilled in them to keep them from God.

I hear you and it is commendable. Often your words will not affect the intended target due to a harden heart however onlookers especially in online message boards will be watching with great interest. Cater apologetics not just to one person but to an audience. God bless

Christos voskrese !

>At this point being a "Catholic" (or any kind of Christian) shouldnt be about going to church but knowing the history of the scripture and whats important.
>Catholic scripture is the oldest and most pure, thats what important in it.
>Orthodoxy is very close to Catholicism, so its acceptable.

It's the other way around, you know pretty well :)))))))))))))))))))))))))
Other than that you're mistaken. Carrying out workings in the churches is just as vital as precondition to salvation as your personal believe and daily prayer is.
'Member, the church is not bad because of some corrupted individuals. The teachings hold, as well as the apostolic succession. There will come a time where the corrupt satanists will be expelled and thrown into damnation.
But if you reject the church, you reject Christ, for the church is the body of Christ and only through communion with him will you be able to receive salvation.

God bless you ! May he lead us through our struggle.

Also user, forgot about this by Hilaire Belloc

catholictradition.org/Classics/belloc2-1.htm

He explains the folly of those who want to return to paganism. He praises old paganism as a necessary stepping stone to truth, but explains there's a huge difference between going towards truth & abandoning it once known, as modern pagans are asking people to do

Thanks britbro.
>He praises old paganism as a necessary stepping stone to truth, but explains there's a huge difference between going towards truth & abandoning it once known, as modern pagans are asking people to do
That's an interesting point. I wonder if the increase in modern paganism isn't similar to that, in that people, esspecially young ones, are searching for meaning, and finding it in religion, and that from that original acceptance of gods, false though they may be, beginning them down a path leading to the Truth.

It's pretty hard dealing with people who think "Whites did literally everything good that ever happened", in this regard they're the same as the we wuz kangz Blacks or the Indians who think the Aryan homeland was India. Basically what they believe is Nietzschean philosophy as understood by people like Himmler, coupled with an ideological theory of history, over a 'pagan' facade in that there's some vague mission to honor the gods and ancestors. I suspect there's a connection with these people and the fedoras who used to shitpost on here some years ago

As for books, I think it's important for them to understand that the Nietzschean narrative has already been smashed to bits - the idea that Christianity caused communism, egalitarianism, liberalism, and so on was already refuted some decades ago by Scheler in his book Ressentment

>A misformed conscience is as dangerous as a silent conscience.
Yes, but sometimes misinformation can be good, like says father amorth: there are eight sacraments, and the number eight is ignorance, and it saves more souls than all other seven

bump

Does it though? God knows our hearts and knows what we would do if we had full knowledge. Being ignorant doesn't make one more likely to be saved it just means that the church has less information to know if that person will be saved. And if you don't know who will be saved then you don't know how to divert your resources to try and change their will to save them

I can appreciate latin mass. I definitely think it has its place. But the changes are good.

I frequently attend solemn mass (venecular mass with a tridentine structure, verses populum, latin singing, deacons, some lay participation, incense and all that good stuff), and I think its a nice halfway point.

The solemn mass is always packed out, so I think a lot of people feel the same way.

youtube.com/watch?v=rpSnEMjKKqo

Discerners report in

I'm in the very VERY early stages and the odds aren't great, but who knows. Will keep praying

youtube.com/watch?v=B5JH6QL7F3w

How do you rationalize the fact that once christianity reached full flower in ancient rome, the empire promptly collapsed?
Face it, your religion is dog food tier hand me downs from the Jews who rule you. Stacking pedophiles in an ornate palace and trotting them out in queer costumes every week end doesn't change the fact.

>full flower
TITS OR GTFO

Racemixing is a sinin the bible

2 Peter 2

>Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption; And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.

>Give not what is holy to dogs
>neither cast ye your pearls before swine
>or they will trample them under their feet
>and turn about and rend you into pieces
Matthew 7:7

Racemixing is a sin in the Bible pt 2

Tobit 4:12-13
>Beware of all whoredom, my son, and chiefly take a wife of the seed of thy fathers, and take not a strange woman to wife, which is not of thy father's tribe: for we are the children of the prophets, Noe, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob: remember, my son, that our fathers from the beginning, even that they all married wives of their own kindred, and were blessed in their children, and their seed shall inherit the land. Now therefore, my son, love thy brethren, and despise not in thy heart thy brethren, the sons and daughters of thy people, in not taking a wife of them.

Ezra 10
>And Ezra the priest stood up, and said unto them, Ye have transgressed, and have taken strange wives, to increase the trespass of Israel. Now therefore make confession unto the Lord God of your fathers, and do his pleasure: and separate yourselves from the people of the land, and from the strange wives. Then all the congregation answered and said with a loud voice, As thou hast said, so must we do.

Nehemiah 13
>In those days also saw I Jews that had married wives of Ashdod, of Ammon, and of Moab:And their children spake half in the speech of Ashdod, and could not speak in the Jews' language, but according to the language of each people.And I contended with them, and cursed them, and smote certain of them, and plucked off their hair, and made them swear by God, saying, Ye shall not give your daughters unto their sons, nor take their daughters unto your sons, or for yourselves. Did not Solomon king of Israel sin by these things? yet among many nations was there no king like him, who was beloved of his God, and God made him king over all Israel: nevertheless even him did outlandish women cause to sin. Shall we then hearken unto you to do all this great evil, to transgress against our God in marrying strange wives?

youtube.com/watch?v=_q4zHT5kibA

I have baptist friend who wants to stay chaste for marriage but also does NOT struggle with lust.
does that mean
A)he's kinda saintly
B) he has medically low testosterone
serious question

This article explains it really well. The site is offline right now I guess, might have to chek it out later

newenglishreview.org/custpage.cfm/frm/123665/sec_id/123665

LATIN/GREGORIAN CHANTS
youtube.com/watch?v=uv_2x6JmuaE
youtube.com/watch?v=FDGnmlg2Ww0
youtube.com/watch?v=RI4lkqYzJvM
youtube.com/watch?v=4Bvwzeuyx4E
youtube.com/watch?v=kK5AohCMX0U
youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0
youtube.com/watch?v=HxjYWvF5ttc
youtube.com/watch?v=WhP654dN3Ww
youtube.com/watch?v=4ych_dTX8G0
youtube.com/watch?v=pGgB0bf2PHU
youtube.com/watch?v=oX9xVnHYFAM
youtube.com/watch?v=sieHX3tPeRw&t=123s
youtube.com/watch?v=cX9bYNK5oC0
youtube.com/watch?v=C_gaT-tnpKk
youtube.com/watch?v=n-5mx5o8YYs
youtube.com/watch?v=70YDpSo2MRI
youtube.com/watch?v=g3Ekot38tV8
youtube.com/watch?v=2IxYXGfdGcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3scPRLGFE
youtube.com/watch?v=AKpexxzR4Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=o6JJCaf9e7c
youtube.com/watch?v=mNMQu5LXaeI
youtube.com/watch?v=_dV5b8AuLHg
youtube.com/watch?v=YRhRzdiCk7s
youtube.com/watch?v=xRi1GDoaQu4
youtube.com/watch?v=1_8Nrx-67EY
youtube.com/watch?v=74d3gWJOV-4
youtube.com/watch?v=GkdtYIPN9ic
youtube.com/watch?v=PU4ycRzwqDc
youtube.com/watch?v=WPQ4F9Xd45w
youtube.com/watch?v=noetoc2W4Pc - 1.5x speed is recomended by user.

when's the crusade m8s?

IT DIDN'T happen to eastern Rome, it had a criss but it survived and thrived afterwards, AND it was the more Christian half, Roma still had senate families pracicing paganism near to the collapse

I have a paganism folder, do you want me to dump a couple of things? The Greeks and Romans had seriously degenerate cults, Romans were waaay better than the greeks but Romans had issues too

It owuld be like 4 things here's one of them

I think he is just at peace and in control with his sexuality.

I used to think that I was just a very lustful person because I had high T from my interest in bodybuilding.

But after meditating on the subject, I came to the conclusion that I used sexual fantasy as an escape from reality. Once I understood this, my lustfullness evaporated, even with my higher testosterone.

Oh that it's pretty simple it's faggotry

ihave to post thsi liek EVERY TIME now, seriously we need a break, also DEUS VULT is LATIN for God wills it, Getwiththeprogram

Call them a faggot. Like this guy, he almost became a CHristian, bc we kept calling him a faggot, look at his hair, LOOK, he CLEARLY CURLS THE EDGES

Use this

noice

ok here are two more about the history of pagan memes. taketare of them ok?

your welcom

my balls hurt because blue balls and erections for hours a day
>TFW 8months+ nofap
it hurts like some goblin pressuring your thumb with a metal clipper

Dont seriously, it's okay if its to your animu waifu. Trust me

my waifu wouldn't like me fapping over her.

also is your pics a review of human sacrifice history?

Oh bullshit that is so tsundere

yes and anons seem to like this one for somereason

>This is wrong

And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

BTW what's your waifu?
honestly curious

Lain

this is mine
im classy