So I've genuinely been wondering, do Trump supporters ACTUALLY support removing net neutrality...

So I've genuinely been wondering, do Trump supporters ACTUALLY support removing net neutrality, or is that something they were unaware he was going to do when they voted for him?

I say this because when it comes to stuff like net neutrality I legit can't imagine anyone without money in it being against it. It's like saying "I'd like to pay extra for the same service and likely not be able to visit websites I like" (if you think Sup Forums isn't going to get dicked up the ass by this, boi do you have no idea.)

Like, is this a thing people are actually supporting Trump on, or are you supporting Trump DESPITE him trying to make a good chunk of your life worse?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/news/telco-agrees-to-stop-blocking-voip-calls/
fortune.com/2009/04/03/group-asks-fcc-to-probe-iphone-skype-restrictions/
wired.com/2011/01/metropcs-net-neutrality-challenge/
businessinsider.com/verizon-blocking-google-wallet-2011-12
washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-tech/post/fcc-fines-verizon-125m-for-blocking-tethering-apps/2012/07/31/gJQAXjRLNX_blog.html
freepress.net/press-release/99480/att-blocking-iphones-facetime-app-would-harm-consumers-and-break-net-neutrality
savetheinternet.com/blog/2013/09/18/verizons-plan-break-internet
wired
archive.is/LwLMM
businessinsider
archive.is/YlqZs
washingtonpost
archive.is/MzqNt
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't care too much, but during the campaign he was very pro-net neutrality

it's not a dealbreaker for me

From what I remember he was always against it. He was actually very clear about that, because he (somehow) believed Net Neutrality would lead to censorship.

Net neutrality will allow the government to regulate the internet. You only get two options here: free market or government control. Net neutrality has a lot of obvious benefits, but its hidden negatives are huge. You need only look to what the FCC did with ham radio, broadcast TV, etc. Anti-netNeutrality people are for allowing the free market to protect our internet rather than hope we dont have a future liberal government which will crack down on (((hate speech))) very easily through the FCC.

So it's quite obvious there's a small annoying group of you who had a plan to push this on pol today. Which forum are you from?

this

I endorse this post and agree

I want less Americans on the internet, so I'm glad net neutrality is going to die.

no at least as first very much for it!

things change, no big deal

9 net neutrality threads on front page. Obvious raid is obvious.

It's not just some random forum it's paid shills

Billionaire globalists command. Right wingers obey. Some things never change.

Net Neutrality is cancer. The free market will manage itself. The government has no right to interfere with private businesses.

Good.
We can plan the take over of Canada openly now.

Yes I support it, the internet is the worst thing to happen to society and is the root of the turbocharged degeneracy you see today. Killing net neutrality would probably kill facebook too or at least get poors off the internet so I dont see a problem with it.

>net neutrality,
Obama thanked Plebbit for Net Neutrality, so I oppose it.

I'm not really against it per se, I'm just not really convinced that removing it would be the end of the internet as we know it. From what I can tell, the majority of people up-in-arms about keeping NN are just virtue-signalers parroting things they don't fully understand.

And before anyone says muh 4gag. Only newfags dont want this place to die.

Nn was a liberal backdoor to shut down the rights free speech on the net because they can't compete with the quality of our memes.

Net Neutrality basically allows the data heavy apps of Silicon Valley oligarchs to be subsidized by the less data intensive apps of everything else.

i hope they do, can you imagine whats its going to do to millenials and gen z?
theyre all going to snap, none of them can take care of themselves either.
globalists/zionists whoever the fucks behind it, will regret this.

that's probably their plan. they WANT the masses to vote for more government regulation and control. They have the majority of these fucking people scared shitless that mommy government will stop taking care of their internet.

Have fun discussing all the usual topics on Faceberg Premium in the near future.

The kind of people who support this version of NN makes me weary. I think it'll be easier to regulate down the line if isp fuck up more rather than try to make government give up its regulatory powers if they fuck up.

/thread

>You only get two options here: free market or government control
Free market every time. Fuck Big Government.

>why worry about a possible government conspiracy to control your internet in the future when you can give elite jews the power to do exactly that now!
This is your brain on shilling

If it will get people off of their phones, then I'm all for it.

>Billionaire globalists command. Left &Right wingers obey. Some things never change.
ftfy lad, two sides of the same coin desu

Removing net neutrality equals corporations banning "hate speech" from the internet.

Sam Hyde was half right, but instead of state enforced homosexuality it will be corporate enforced homosexuality. Corporations will also use your browsing history to insure people with "unprogressive" ideas will be barred from spreading anti establishment views in whatever form they take.

Democrats are strongly in favor of net neutrality.

Can trump ban all websites like Sup Forums globally? I might actually start to lead a productive life.

I had all these things to do since I got home from work but all I did is browse.

>during the campaign he was very pro-net neutrality

Lol you're wrong.

I know man, they're all for consolidating power, all the same shit

You realize it's government's that are notorious internet censors and not corporations. Sucked all those years before nn law existed and the internet was free and open as possible. That was too problematic for leftist this the misnomer network neutrality was born.

It's ancap memers who see the world in black and white mostly.

they view net neutrality as more government power, and that means it's incorrect and immoral

meanwhile to access all the sites they currently do they'd need to opt in to pay $500 more a month for their connection and get added to 9 watchlists for doing so

I'm sorry to break it to you, but he wasn't running for president in 2014, so not everyone would know he tweeted that except fiendish witch hunters.

it's the retarded pajeet he's got for the fcc or whatever

I voted for him to deport all these fucking beaners and make guns legal again. I am genuinely disappointed in him and Republicans in general.

>You realize it's government's that are notorious internet censors and not corporations

What about Facebook practically censoring all so called "conservative" news? In reality corporations are more effective methods of enforcing the international oligarchs vision of globalism, feminism, and LGBT rights.

If you guys think corporations are your friend you are insane. Not that governments are either, of course in the U.S. there is little difference between government and corporations.

dont worry, we'll steal your wifi

>destroying the last bit of freedom of information and handing control over to litteral jews who have been trying to lobby for horrible anticonsumer practices for decades all because of a little paranoia and fear mongering
You know what, you people deserve to get fucked over. Cattle, or goyim, is truly an accurate description of americans

Yea the same facebook who backs nn and is basically nsa front company

You're don't even live in a sovereign country, subject.

This literally isn't even how it would work

>net neutrality happens
>less amerifats on the internet
>everyone is happy

if you're wondering what ISPs will do if net neutrality is repealed, we already know.

2005 - Madison River Communications was blocking VOIP services. The FCC put a stop to it. cnet.com/news/telco-agrees-to-stop-blocking-voip-calls/

2005 - Comcast was denying access to p2p services without notifying customers.

2007-2009 - AT&T was having Skype and other VOIPs blocked because they didn't like there was competition for their cellphones. fortune.com/2009/04/03/group-asks-fcc-to-probe-iphone-skype-restrictions/

2011 - MetroPCS tried to block all streaming except youtube. wired.com/2011/01/metropcs-net-neutrality-challenge/

2011-2013, AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon were blocking access to Google Wallet because it competed with their bullshit. businessinsider.com/verizon-blocking-google-wallet-2011-12

2012, Verizon was demanding google block tethering apps on android because it let owners avoid their $20 tethering fee. This was despite guaranteeing they wouldn't do that as part of a winning bid on an airwaves auction. washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-tech/post/fcc-fines-verizon-125m-for-blocking-tethering-apps/2012/07/31/gJQAXjRLNX_blog.html

2012, AT&T - tried to block access to FaceTime unless customers paid more money. freepress.net/press-release/99480/att-blocking-iphones-facetime-app-would-harm-consumers-and-break-net-neutrality

2013, Verizon literally stated that the only thing stopping them from favoring some content providers over other providers were the net neutrality rules in place. savetheinternet.com/blog/2013/09/18/verizons-plan-break-internet

This is the future you choose when you shill against net neutrality.

>wired com/2011/01/metropcs-net-neutrality-challenge
archive.is/LwLMM
>businessinsider com/verizon-blocking-google-wallet-2011-12
archive.is/YlqZs
>washingtonpost com/blogs/post-tech/post/fcc-fines-verizon-125m-for-blocking-tethering-apps/2012/07/31/gJQAXjRLNX_blog.html
archive.is/MzqNt

>do Trump supporters ACTUALLY support removing net neutrality,

OP your average Trump voter is a rich oligarch who is dumb as shit. They voted for a guy who nominated this thing as Education Secretary.

Somebody ban this bot.

The govt. already bans websites it considers illegal, if posting frogs was illegal then Sup Forums would be banned with or without net neutrality.
What's your point?

>it's not a dealbreaker for me
what everyone begging for trump's cummies on their tummies say after anything trump does that's fucking stupid

You do realize that when things are regulated as a utility they aren't regulated in the same manner as something like radio, it's regulated in the same manner as internet.

You ALSO realize that if it's not the government having a chance of doing it, it'll be the corporations definitely 100% guarenteed doing it and the government will just ask them for the required data, which they'll oblige.

So would you rather have 1 entity listening in with fast internet or 2 entities listening in with shitty internet?

You know, in the end Obama protected Net Neutrality and the first thing Trump did was attempt to destroy it.

That's just how it is

> Over 20$ for Internet
Fuck, is it 100Mb+?

Which side am I on if I'm against censorship?

>What about Facebook practically censoring all so called "conservative" news?

I wonder ((why))

Uh, buddy, he didn't just randomly change his mind.

I mean, he changes his mind a lot of things, but when there's money to be made then he's pretty consistent at selling out Americans.

republithugs

Booooi you have no idea.

Because Internet is a monopoly here, and chances are you either have Verizon or Comcast as your sole internet provider in your area, you can pay upwards of $60 for 100mb if you're lucky.

Really? I'm pretty sure Republicans have been for nothing BUT censorship. Blocking the media from reporting, threatening journalists, going against net neutrality, etc.

Anyone who thinks the money party is for freedom needs to understand what they're actually voting for over there.

kill yourself MSM shill

>yfw Trump is destroying his own reelection chances, putting the very websites that allowes him to win in danger

Can't wait for Sup Forums, infowars and stormfront to be blocked

>So I've genuinely been wondering, do Trump supporters ACTUALLY support removing net neutrality
Yes. Because Trump supporters are fucking idiots who are easily manipulated into voting against their own interests.

Exactly! You actually think Comcast is gonna offer the rightwing bundle, feat. Stormfront? Fuck no, they're gonna put that under the blanket "other websites" that get throttled because they don't pay up.

I hope Nishimura wants to shell out an extra several thousand bucks a month for this site.

Spoilers: He won't.

>cummies on their tummies
>rainbow flag

KYS faggot

Dont you have tons of different phone companies in the US? We have a few and people keep flocking to whoever gives the highedt speed cheapest. I have 100mb for 10€/month and that also includes one 50mb portable connection.

Adults usually have to make compromises because no candidate perfectly represents all of their view. You'll learn that too when you're old enough to vote

Pro-NN