French Celt

Why doesn't France embrace its Gallic Celtic history? Some Galicians and Austrians do, with little connection to actual Celtic people.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NYM0xB5Jrc0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Celtic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Barely anyone celebrates celtic history for some reason. Even here in the UK. Our history lessons are crap. Most people here probably think history began at WW1

We learned about Celtic history and it was pretty fucking boring.

Colonial period >>>

lol the earliest we got was the wars of independence, then it went straight to WW1/2 tripe. No colonial stuff. I can remember a big emphasis on the working conditions and poverty of WW1

Celts are the losers of Europe. They had almost all of West and central Europe ~2000 years ago. After the great Teutonic and Slav migrations - they are just holding on in little enclaves and islands far to the west of the archipelago. There is an argument to make that Slavs are just eastern celts though.

did someone say c*lt?
youtube.com/watch?v=NYM0xB5Jrc0

>the earliest we got was the wars of independence
Our earliest was the Roman Republic. We also spent a few months about our role in the slave trade.
Every history lesson from then on was propaganda, really.

>losers of europe
we're still here ;^)

I directly did English history including Celts, Romans, Anglo Saxons, Vikings and Normans, albeit at a very young age.

nigger we sacked Rome

We wuz Celtic kangs and shit

French literally consider themselves the descendence of Gauls mostly, despite there being a shitload of other peoples there over the course of history. If anything they're memeing too much about their Celtic heritage, as much as the Northern Spanish autists do.

Celts were bgfo of france 1800-1700 years ago by the romans and franks.
Franks were germanic, romans were... well romans.

My name is Wilson and I am a nigger in a Kilt and I am also 100% Celtic from Brittany.

U mirin?

>Lusitanians are Celts
Please stop this meme. The jury is still out on what they were.

Because frogs adopted latin culture and never looked back since.

half of ancient Belgica are Germanics and a good part of the Balkans was just sparsely populated by Celtic peoples. That whole map is autism

reminder that if you're from England you're most likely germanic than celtic, all of the celt subhumans in england got slaughtered several times during the dark ages and early medieval ages

this chart doesn't make any sense.. the reds are clumped up genes that arent even related.. celts, saxons basque italic and frisian? Wtf. Thats like saying han-chinese and russian is the same gene group

French history began in 1789 when the Revolution creayed Humanity and free equal brotherly citizens. Ever since then it doesent matter who you are as long as you embrace the """values"""" of """human rights""".
That's the official narrative. Of course the real french were racist and well aware of their ethnicity until the kikes took over in 1968.

just because you don't understand it it doesn't mean it doesn't make sense
it's simply a map with the frequencies of major paternal lineages in Europe, some of which are linked to certain cultures
nearly all western Iron age cultures were related to R1b

Wrong. Due to the large population of England historically and currently, there are far more Celtic people living in England than in Scotland and Ireland combined.

But I do love it when fake Celts (blue eye'd scum viking German filth) in Scotland and Ireland try to hog our glorious past.

The only beady marble eyes are you ugly blue eye'd cowards that will be slaughtered by your superior hazel/brown eye'd masters.

Learn your place you fake Celtic, viking parasites, we kill you good! FAKE CELTIC SCUM!

lol

Yeah, and im saying the chart is wrong anyway. Italic and frisians are in no way the same paternal lineage. Just like celtic and italitc are different, and saxon and basque is.
Sure they got mixed up over 2000 years but its still a mix. Hence, the 'red' isnt accurate.

It's not wrong as such, it just doesn't account for subclades. It's too broad, but it's not wrong.

Where are you from in UK?

>Some Galicians and Austrians do, with little connection to actual Celtic people.
Who were the Hallstatt people

It's wrong to be French.

Scotland

they are both R1b, which is the point of the chart, which is about major haplogroup families
of course they are different subclades, that's irrelevant

Good nuance, but 'too broad' is wrong in my book. Especially when you view it as europe as a whole

>celts
>not blue eyed
hehe what ever browneye (anus)

Let me ask you this: Is or is not R1b predominant among the listed group of people? Yes or no.

>all of the celt subhumans in england got slaughtered several times during the dark ages and early medieval ages
Do you have any evidence for these supposed genocides as opposed to people simply interbreeding like happened in 99% of human migrations.

>What is Anglo-Celtic

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Celtic

It's actually very annoying when people like you post such retarded shit.

Guess who is in charge of writing french history?

All we ever talk about it seems is the holocaust. No joke it comes up at least 2-3 times a day. Fucking jews have us by the balls and no history is more important than that of the SHOA AND OF ZE CHOSEN PEOPLE

Its not irrelevant when you consider the fact that different subclades mixed with other subclades in the separate areas. Resulting in completely new 'genes'.
Look if you would study the genes of all the 'red' groups they prolly all have R1b in them, but they would still be mixed up with totally different other groups, i would call them 'different', or as some other gentleman said, 'too broad'.

Celticness is a meme term, a Hellenic word roughly meaning "snownigger".
Hallstatt / La Tène "celtic" civilization was a cultural movement of wealthy salt-mining alpine Germanic origin, which spread through trade throughout Europe, and not a mass migration.
And then there is the Atlantic Arc / Megalith culture stretching from Portugal to Scotland, with language remnants in those countries now referred to as Celtic.
This latter ethnic, cultural and linguistic continuum is rooted in the expansion of Tartessian (Indo-European) civilization and language throughout the Azilean hunter-gatherer peoples (that is, the indigenous people of non-Mediterranean Iberia, France, Benelux, part of Italy and the British Isles, who spoke languages similar to Basque and originated in the Cantabrian Ice-Age refuge as opposed to Balkan/Black Sea Indo-Europeans such as Germanics or Slavs).

France is definitely part of the latter, with some Latin and Germanic influences.
France sees itself as Gallic or Gallo-Roman, with a strong Germanic and a non-negligeable Hellenic influence.
Modern France is closest to modern Italy in terms of sociopolitical and cultural traits and outlook of the elites (that is, the elites want France to be the garden of Europe much like Italy has always been, rather than the isolated, autonomous Atlantic bastion power like Portugal, Spain or Britain) - but in its roots is closer to the aforementioned.

define 'predominant'. Were talking

>tfw you BTFO france so hard it names itself after you
>tfw Franks were highly ethno-centric and proud of their pure bloodline
>Charlemagne basically was of the higher caste and thought of Gauls as peasants
>yet he's celebrated as a 'french' hero

kek, 'France'

If one guy would make a TV series about that it could be as big as GOT.

again you are pointing out to irrelevant details, that map is only about paternal lines, that's all
since you would need a shitload of space to list each and every shitty subclade ever sampled, it's better to group them into major groups that are actually relevant as far as groups go

Hence my point, too broad.

(as are prolly the other groups, making the map inacurate, thats it for me tho good night bro)

When I was in France I stayed with a guy who performs traditional Celtic music for French audiences.

As a Scot, I do NOT consent to this cultural appropriation.

>Lusitani
>Vascones
>Ilergetes
JUST