Nazi German memorials and monuments

So as a part of a weird planned film project, I mentioned in Brit/pol/ that I was looking for controversial German monuments and memorials, or even stuff that escaped de-Nazification. It's an interesting subject, while the same is happening in the US with the CSA monuments.

An user told me that there were shady, dark corners of the web that discussed Nazi SS graves, and even did processions to them to bring flowers and upkeep. This I was told after saying I saw a post on a blog where the blogger refused to reveal the location, but there were actual SS ribbons and wreaths as recently as 2007.

If I get any interesting responses or bumps, I'll post my own collected info. Hopefully, I'll be able to at some point do a road trip ring around Germany and Austria, photographing and video taping this.

>Are you a Nazi, user?

No, I'm just very interested in geopolitics and niche cultural movements.

Other urls found in this thread:

tracesofwar.com/sights/5074/Memorial-119th-Infantry-Regiment.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=76VqGayfRNI
relikte.com/duensen/
tracesofwar.com/sights/47176/Waar-ligt-Versuchskommando-Nord---Wehrmacht-Barracks.htm
iow-charm.org.uk/
tankmuseum.org/home
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Single bump for history

Really hard to find anything nazi related, I have some swastikas in my town but they are the other way around so they are not nazi related. However once I drove to a family meeting I saw a stone statue of a Wehrmacht Soldat in the middle of a village.

I know in most smaller town bavarian churches there're still memorial plates for the soldiers that have their live in all bigger wars often starting from the 30 years war on to
>the second great war of the fatherland from 1939-1945
often with name, rank, unit and the insignias of the the unit.

It's strange to think of everything that must be hidden in attics or church basements. After the USSR fell there were some parks that opened, Memento Parks, with a bunch of Marx, Lenin and Stalin statues, where you can enjoy nature and walk through the propaganda. Denazification hit hard and I'm sure some people realized this.

Have the basic stuff I have to go on, I guess. There's also some East German stuff

Also you will find a lot of this stuff up in the former GDR where actual fighting on german soil took place.
Everything from soldier graves to hero memorials that the soviets just ignored.

Bueckeburg is the town I had my family meeting, was at the bueckeberg too.

Bump for preserving history

Thank you, I'll look around there for sure if I'm ever there.

Does anyone know how to convert the maps here to GPS coordinates? Something I can plug into a satnav? This site has a lot of interesting stuff, but I can't see going so far out of my way to get lost in apartment blocs.

tracesofwar.com/sights/5074/Memorial-119th-Infantry-Regiment.htm

>while the same is happening in the US with the CSA monuments.
youtube.com/watch?v=76VqGayfRNI

This is how the average north mexican woman looks like

>video taping this
Don't. They died in service of their people. Let them rest or you will draw antifa commies to desecrate their graves.

Also if you're interested in Mussolini stuff, there's the Monumento alla Vittoria in Bozen South Tyrol

I understand the threat, if I can manage to find ones off the beaten path I'll keep those locations a secret. Even though the Nazis were obviously the baddies, they did a lot of brave things. I was linked to a memorial before of a German soldier who ran into a minefield to save a US soldier. He died, and the memorial to the 50th anniversary is now kind of controversial, sadly.

Bumping for this question

I've already got that one down, separatism is also interesting to me, along with all the symbolism and monuments they use, so South Tyrol is kind of a unique case. I've got plans to visit Cilmeri in Wales for a republican march, but it's not much the same though. I've also heard of Mussolini's tomb and even a fascist gift shop that sells Mussolini wine, lel

How do you bump a thread or a post please someone?

Get the address, put it into google maps, get the GPS coordinates and done.

South Tyrol is especially interesting if you're also into ww1 history. So many soldier graves, locals still doing Kaiserjäger processions while singing the old songs and wearing their uniforms... Also a lot of fortifications of that time down to the time of the Tyrolian independence war and Andreas Hofer.

Please be ironic

I think you have to differentiate inbetween the nazis. The common wehrmacht soldier had no choice since he was a conscript who had a family and or business at home and just wanted to return. My grandfather on my mothers side was a farmer and my other grandfather was a shoemaker, they had no part in it and just did their duty so they can return.

One cannot be truly a baddy if he had no choice in the matter.

You have to post a picture of your moms cunt
nigger

How?

I guess it's more of a controversial feeling in general, not necessarily fascist fanboying, which is why this is so interesting. I'm from Georgia, not far from Andersonville, a Confederate run prison for Union soldiers which was run terribly, and where thousands died basically as a concentration camp. There's a memorial to the Confederate General who led the camp, and a plaque trying to explain that he didn't really know what he was doing. Now there's a lot of controversy, and with my family's military history I just think it's interesting. Part of me does feel like this could be taken a bad way, but if I find a lot of these places I'll probably have to keep them a secret when I do visit.

Also, weirdly enough TracesOfWar is down for me now.

I think he's sliding, it's just harder to slide Sup Forums because 60% of us are already trolls trolling trolls. The thread in /his/ is getting demolished

I'm actually not trying to slide this thread, it's a great thread that should have a lot more people in it. I've never actually bumped a thread, do you click the box or something?

Which thread? Isnt /his/ leftist anyways?

You should check out the Wewelsburg and Vogelsang

Just to humor him if he isn't a troll and normally just a watcher;

A thread is bumped every time someone replies to it. If there are no replies in a certain time, it gets closed.

Thank you, btw I'm not a troll. I've been on Sup Forums for about 3 years now.

>Vogelsang
I never heard of that one, but it looks really interesting. I found a tour being offered by a military themed agency in the UK that I hope to go to the Russian Centenary with, and they also tour to Wewelsburg. I'll book a tour with them to there if I like what they do in Russia.

This is the /his/ thread. Surprisingly more interesting here but it'll stay up longer on /his/.

It may have been slid too hard already though

It's a shame because I think is a really interesting subject for a book or miniseries. With everyone crying nazi over the smallest injustice it's important to remember that these were people's sons going off to do what they thought was right. Even if what they did was wrong the fallen still deserve our respect. Hope you project goes well user, I'll keep an ear out for it.

I know that feeling, I'm also a history nerd and love to visit those places just for historic reasons or I know some of my relatives fought/died in the general region.

So yeah if you actually track down some "hidden" graves/memorials treat them with respect and please don't give the locations away as it most likely will stir up some shit and nobody deserves to have their grave digged up or removed just because some feelings got hurt.

I'm live near Manassas battlefield and drive past it every day to work. The Rebels won both battles and it pretty much is glorified and sacred for both sides. This history is not going away anytime soon.

Interesting. But you will only get (((info))) on such tours

52.940876, 8.638763

relikte.com/duensen/
not a monument but somewhat nazi related
was build by the Wehrmacht as munition depot
most of it is in ruins today, the link i posted has pictures.

I miss the south, man. You don't realize what you have until you lose it. I'm over here for a few years, and seeing as much as I can. Actually gives me the feels when people who are 50 or 60 tell me they've never been out of the East Anglia area, or seen Wales or Scotland.

There is a lot of cool stuff here though, I visited the 389th Bomber Group museum. What I love about rural England is that these museums are run by a small group of people in their free time, and you can enter by emailing them or knocking if they're home. Nothing like museums in the US. I even got to dedicate a memorial at one of the museums to a WW2 vet on a run of some Nazi positions who had lied up until recently (not the 389th, but I'd prefer not to give too much personal info - but it was one of my best memories). I'm finally starting to really get into history.

True, but these guys are all history buffs that run the tour. Now I try not to get a tour company unless they know their shit. Surprisingly my guide in Latvia was shocked that anyone would think a holiday dedicated to the Legion was controversial. "It's just a part of life for Latvians. It's our history."

Thanks, I'm making a note of if. Have another cool one, looks like there's some barracks left too;

tracesofwar.com/sights/47176/Waar-ligt-Versuchskommando-Nord---Wehrmacht-Barracks.htm

If you are in the US and in the DC area hit me up, I got plenty of places to recommend. The place or memorial here is the Manassas battlefield and all other Civil War memorials because they are so kept and considered hollowed ground. Where in England are you from btw? I plan on going to England next summer to see my ancestoral home of the Cecil's so I look forward to seeing any worthy memorials in England and Germany. I've been to Germany and the best part was standing in the exact spot where Hitler gave his speech at the Nuremberg Rallies.

As you're from the UK you might enjoy this:
iow-charm.org.uk/
Arms and tank museum on the Isle of Wight. If you phone in ahead you can even get a tank ride on their display track for a few pounds.

Oma recently showed me some pictures of some relatives on vacation on a rooftop in Dresden, 1939

F

:(

w-whats in it?

I'm not from England, I'm from Georgia but stationed here for work. I've been involved with a lot of historic stuff to do with the USAF and RAF, but recently met someone who took an interest in the Luftwaffe. It'll probably be quite a while before I'm back in the states, hopefully!

I found out my ancestral home is here also, but I guess my grandma just liked to up-play her Irish heritage. Supposedly my name comes from Pusey, Oxfordshire. Not as majestic as Cecil, though.

For memorials her I'd suggest a few
>Cilmeri in Wales, where the last true Welsh prince died, and where processions happen every year to mark his death - it's near Snowdon, so it's beautiful
>Statue of the Rhodesian Light Infantry at the Hateford House - I'm seeing that this weekend at Battle Proms! He's even wearing booty shorts
>Bomb damage in London - just check the walls of the museum there at Trafalgar Square, they have discolored squares where they were patched
>Statue of Washington on Trafalgar Square, which is built on American soil because he didn't want to set foot on British soil again

The more rural though the better. I don't really like London so much. The White Cliffs of Dover and Dover Castle are comfy, a symbol of the British spirit. "Try something France, I can fucking see you!"

That's awesome! I'm bookmarking it, hope I can find time for all this stuff.

Georgia nice, I'm from Virginia. We both have anglo ancestry and a love for history. So I'm guessing you're in the USAF or a contractor or something like that. You must be having a lot of fun in England, is England doing alright. Have you been to Germany or anywhere else in Europe? My mother plays up her Irish ancestry too, only like an 8th irish and an 8th German, everything else is traced back to the original colonies. When do you get back to states desu?

Awesome and last but not least, I hope you already went to the Bovington Tank Museum.
tankmuseum.org/home
They have the only operation Tiger 1 tank world wide and take him out for a spin from time to time.
>pic related
They also got the original M4 that was used for the movie Furry, a few King Tigers and anything cool tank related up to the modern era.

Tbh I'd prefer not to talk about mu job over here other than saying I'm enlisted and working hard. I'm finishing my initial training period and will be able to travel on the weekends now that my testing's about to be over. Before that I took a short trip through a tourist company to Belgium and another day trip to Latvia. I just decided to shelve traveling for a few months to study though, I don't want to be the dumbass to forget his material and fail, and get kicked out.

England is amazing man, the perk here is being placed in a rural area. I'm so glad I'm not anywhere near London. I should be back 2019, but I hope to extend here.

If you dump your email I'll write you. My schedule is all fucky and I have to be at work soon. Shit.

I'm interested also in colonial history, and for some reason it's like tank operators and tank buffs are always the most eccentric. Met some guy at a get-together with a tiger tattooed on his arm, "Siam 53." He was in Ceylon, stationed there, and supposedly had responsibilities that included tanks. He let me hold rifles that were sent by the Brits to the south in the Civil War, and bullshitted about how the south could've won if they had the newer mode that came only 7 years later, and how he considers the south honorary Brits. Veterans are the most amazing people, I can't understand how anyone could dislike them.

this has been a fun thread but I need to start winding down, it's a shame I posted so late - I wasn't expecting it to be so /comfy/

I get it man, priorities. That's great that you're having a great time in England and in the true England which is it's countryside. 2019 is far away but it'll be here sooner than you'll think. I'll dump my email if you want desu?

Si senor, I'm always busy but I might have the opportunity to buy you a drink if you ever come to England. All my emails have my full name and place of work in them so I can't exactly post in a thread that could be construed to support history like this. Bad OPSEC!

Yeah if there's a way I can post my email to you I will

I meant like just posting it here, but I can understand wanting to be anonymous lad. Cheers, and I hope you have a kickass time here next summer man!

Yeah, I guess they're the most enthusiastic as well as pilots. I just love everything historic or even controversial.
Love the story, well they know what they're talking about as they know their tools.

Never forget history even if it's controversial.

Also for your email problem:
create a mail addy from protonmail.com
takes about 2mins and it's anonymous. That's what I use for Sup Forums use.

Yeah anonynimity is key, I understand desu, thx and I hope you have a great time in England too! Explore as much as you can and go to the castles, that's what my dad and mom did when my dad was deployed in Germany in the 80's. You'll love it.

The castles are amazing, but I also love the rural churches. If they're old, the graffiti on the sides near the door openings and chapels has magic symbols meant to ward off witches, and good luck symbols.

The one where George Orwell (Eric Arthur Blair) is buried has crosses near the back door that are cut deep. They were put there by crusaders, dulling their swords.

Something about history is just romantic and sad, but also important for the future.

New encrypted email (thanks) [email protected]

Sorry if I forget to check it or if it runs out, I'm half asleep. Cheers again!

Thx user just sent you an email. Lol I forgot it's like 2 am over there.