DON JR. COMMITED A CRIME

>11 CFR 110.20 - Prohibition on contributions, donations, expenditures, independent expenditures, and disbursements by foreign nationals (52 U.S.C. 30121, 36 U.S.C. 510).
This is the relevant law.

>(b)Contributions and donations by foreign nationals in connection with elections. A foreign national shall not, directly or indirectly, make a contribution or a donation of money or other thing of value...
"Other thing of value" here is opposition research, which has real monetary value (i.e. it costs something, hence the distinction from "money").

>(g) ... No person shall knowingly solicit, accept, or receive from a foreign national any contribution or donation prohibited by paragraphs (b) through (d)
You do not need to accept or receive a contribution, only solicit one. So what is a solicitation?

>A solicitation is an oral or written communication that, construed as reasonably understood in the context in which it is made, contains a clear message asking, requesting, or recommending that another person make a contribution, donation, transfer of funds, or otherwise provide anything of value.
Asking, requesting ... anything of value. So did Don Jr. "solicit"? Here are some snippets from his emails:

>Goldstone:This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr Trump
>Don Jr: Seems we have some time and if it’s what you say I love it ... Could we do a call first thing next week ... ?
The solicitation here is clear -- an offer of "sensitive information" that is "part of Russia['s] support for Mr Trump" is made, and Don Jr. is quick to set up a meeting to receive the supposed information.

Problem with these argument:
>Does opposition research, or information in general, have monetary value according to campaign laws?
That isn't clear, and as far as I can tell has never been tested in court. You can't put an exact dollar figure on information.

Other urls found in this thread:

zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-13/saudi-arabia-has-funded-20-hillarys-presidential-campaign-saudi-crown-prince-claims
archive.is/IExhs
archive.is/2y7Js
wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/11915
rt.com/usa/396158-trump-jr-goldstone-emails-false/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Damn....so THIS...is the end...

Kys nigger faggot, go spread your aids pasta elsewhere

*ahem*
A

And this is how the average north mexican women look like,

Drumpfkins will never recover.

That means don jr. will be impeached. Mike" I can kick kikes" Pence Jr. will be president.
Flimfh BTFO

>Contributions and donations by foreign nationals in connection with elections. A foreign national shall not, directly or indirectly, make a contribution or a donation of money or other thing of value...
>No person shall knowingly solicit, accept, or receive from a foreign national any contribution or donation prohibited by paragraphs (b) through (d)

These things never happened and you know it

she's pretty, but she's not white

Not gonna lie, former Trump supporter here. It's hilarious seeing his campaign crash and burn. But in all seriousness, we can't let this guy get the nuclear codes!

>>Goldstone:This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr Trump
Now prove who "Mr. Trump" is.

>opposition research, which has real monetary value

Nope.

Wow! This is an old one. Thanks for lulz. KYS

Hey Shareblue, I can Internet Lawyer too:

CFR 110.20 only works if the foreign national has given money directly to a elected official which was not declared. If CFR 110.20 was enforcable then it would require a total review of Foreign Donations to US NGO & Funded institutes. I do not think CATO, American Prosperity or Clinton Initiative will enjoy this.

Solicitation of information is a volunteer service unless a donation or payment in kind is established. b & g can not be read together and your legal illiteracy is showing.

Solicitation. No, the context of the email is that Clinton set up a fake event to entrap Donald. If Donald Jr or Jared had solicited the introduction then it would fall under (g), but it does not

Walk in offers to review information are not an act of deceit or criminal intent. If your claim is true then Anonymous sources and walk-in witnesses would be considered illegal. Which would count for Treason in Russia and still not prove guilt on Don Jr.

Info isn't considered a thing of value, as it has no intrinsic exchange value

>DON JR. COMMITED A CRIME

yep, Fredo Jr. is guilty

Nice try Obamaleaf.

But he didnt, Leaf.

Nah, private citizen

Thanks for sharing the blue

1. It's not a thing of value since it cannot be quantified and besides no offer was made (i.e. this for that)
2. It is not solicitation since he did not ask, he was offered. He simply agreed to a phone call.
3. Saying "I love it" has no implication to what "it" even is. (He did not say "I would love dirt on hillary")

So even though these points completely absolve him of any guilt, it doesn't even matter because he didn't get any information and he isn't even the fucking president. The worst case scenario would be that don jr is required to step down from the administration. He has already agreed to hand over everything.

Even if you work this out in the most generous ways for the dems, you still come out with nothing everytime. Trump will not be impeached unless more is found. So what will dems do? let the investigation happen while they actually work, or continue to meme this every fucking day on tax payer dime? Hard one huh?

Nothing will ever come of this. Give up, shill.

He didn't pay anything to anybody, thus there was nothing of "value" exchanged.

On the other hand, Hillary paid Steele and the Russian lawyer, both foreign nationals, for their services through Fusion GPS.

She is going to jail.

zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-13/saudi-arabia-has-funded-20-hillarys-presidential-campaign-saudi-crown-prince-claims
A foreign power, Saudi Arabia, literally donated to hillarys campaign

Ukraine interfered in the election to help Clinton. Documented fact that nobody talks about.
archive.is/IExhs

Russian lawyer trump jr contacted is linked to the firm the dnc hired to produce the infamous trump dossier.
archive.is/2y7Js

So if Don Jr committed treason then so did Hillary and co.

DRIP

DRIP

DRIPPY

OBAMA AND HILLARY ARE GOING TO JAIL

LOOK AT THIS!

REEEEEE

>"Other thing of value" here is opposition research, which has real monetary value (i.e. it costs something, hence the distinction from "money").
Wrong, this interpretation of "other thing of value" would render this clause unconstitutional (it violates the first amendement). A correct interpretation could be a valuable painting, jewelry, or other non-monetary valuables. Campaign finance law can not overrule constitutional law, you need a 2/3rd "supermajority" to change the constitution. Good luck bringing this before a conservative Supreme Court.

this

dems eternally BTFO kek

You stupid fucks seriously thought Kek was /ourgod/

He is a god of disorder and chaos you know. He is not loyal to Trump.

This time Trump will be impeached, right?

This leaf knows what he's talking about. Refreshing.

wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/11915

>"Other thing of value" here is opposition research, which has real monetary value (i.e. it costs something, hence the distinction from "money").

You're reaching for the stars, legally ambiguous, such information only has monetary value if the recipient has offered an amount of money for the information

All he has to say is "I did not perceive the information to have any monetary value".

Nice try though

You feel blue...

>Russian citizen = Russian government?

Do liberals not realize that not every person born in Russia is a Putin secret KGB agent right?

she's whiter than most people on Sup Forums

Okay faggot, you're wrong and here's why
>36 U.S.C. 510
Explicitly discusses only campaign funds, and only applies to donations of actual property (money, land technically). Information does not have to be disclosed to the FEC or else every campaign would be required to put all information they got from foreigners (they ALL meet with foreign dignitaries) in said disclosures.

>52 U.S.C. 30121 and relevant regulations
All the cases deal with monetary donations and contributions. Your bullshit conclusion
>"Other thing of value" here is opposition research, which has real monetary value (i.e. it costs something, hence the distinction from "money")"
doesn't hold water. Where are you getting that? What regulation says that? What court expanded the clear scope of the words "contribution and donation" to mean information?

You're just a fucking shill. Even if oppo research has a monetary value that's not what FEDERAL ELECTION COMMISSION regulations are meant to cover. They deal with financial and tangible contributions to a campaign. To humor this horse shit, I even went on Lexis and checked out the regs/statutes/cases citing them.

Leave lawyering to lawyers you fucking leaf. I didn't go to school to make more money than you for nothing.

your entire thesis fall apart when you realize that if donald trump gave 5 bucks for the email it would have been legal

Oh, and OP that'll be $33.33. My hourly is $400 and I spent 5 minutes.

Reddit user: 0598

This is a concerted effort to smear D Jr early before his political career begins.

Damn, OP, I was.... I mean.... For a year I was.... And then.... You just.... I mean.... I was.... You just post.... I mean.... I was....

>lawyer
>wants money for posting
kike

Cunt, did he actually get anything? Answer NO.

>imaginary information heerrrr derrr treason.

>(b)Contributions and donations by foreign nationals in connection with elections. A foreign national shall not, directly or indirectly, make a contribution or a donation of money or other thing of value.

So you're saying Hillary is going to jail for taking money from Saudis?

Even CNN's legal cronies called bullshit. You can't define information in this context. If you do, everything goes to shit.

Nope.

It means land, property, stocks etc that can easily be converted to cash.

He did not receive anything while Hillary accepted money from Saudi Arabia

Jr's not even part of the administration though.

It's literally nothing until the next story comes out this week

>implying you wouldn't take money for posting if you could
Kikes may be kikes, but I want to be rich too. Best way to get back at them is make your money and gtfo

OP is a shill and also not an attorney.

A poster above already addresses the unconstitutionality of interpreting the statute to include what Don Jr. was interested in hearing - oppo. research from a foreigner. In addition, the FEC itself has already stated in the past the it is legal for foreigners to volunteer for campaigns in the U.S. i.e. donating their labor to a campaign, including for opposition research purposes, is not considered by the FEC to fall under the prohibition of "other thing of value"

Information does not have monetary value, can you imagine how retarded that would be?
You read my diary and go to prison for theft.
You overhear a conversation I'm having, theft.
and even if you somehow managed to get a court to convict .......it's DON JR. Not THE Don Maga.
That's not even opening the can of worms that was the foreign contributions to Hilllary's campaign which was monetary and not just "information"

>1 post by this ID
Thanks, shariablue.
You've served your insignificant purpose to the globalist machine. Now kindly, KYS

same autist that spammed the board with eric clanton threads and LARPs as an attorney.
kys

>"Responding to bipartisan accusations of collusion between Don Jr. and a self-identified Russian official, President Trump alleges he "was never that close to Don Jr, and quickly divorced his mother"

Go back to licking aids infested queer nuts

>information counts as a donation
Lol what? Hillary's campaign even took info from the Ukrainian government. This isn't even a real problem and requires a really loose interpretation of donations.

You already got btfo in the other thread, stop posting anytime

1) First amendment issues. Even foreign nationals have 1st Amendment rights in the US. It won't fly on that alone without money changing hands.

2) The attorney gave Don Jr no relevant information, so there is nothing there.

3) If there were dirty information on Hillary that the Russians had, Putin could call a press conference and release the goods himself to the world. It would be asinine to think that such a case would be collusion without evidence of communications between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. And that would be giving the Trump campaign information. The same reasoning applies here.

Sorry, but this is a nothingburger. The left is going to end up with even more egg on its face over this.

So when do we lock up Hilldog for taking money from the Saudi and Qatar governments??

Could you imagine if Hillary was president now?

>SHE WON GET OVER IT
>NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE CAMPAIGN ANYMORE DRUMFTARDS
>Jake Tapper: Wow some people just can't get over the election. Here is my panel of three cunts with a half pound of makeup to talk about how absurd bringing up the campaign trail 7 months after the election is
>Well you know Jake this is just inane, The people have spoken who they want to run this country and it is pathetic to bring these things up.
>*other two cunts nod in agreement*
>Jake: Okay Hillary met with some Ukrainians way back before the heat of the election... How is this relevant to now? How does this move America forward?
>Cunt #2; Well you know it doesn't. The right can keep shoving this down our throats but what people really want now are solutions. We want gun control, anti hate-speech laws, equal pay, issues that really matter to hard working Americans
>*Cunts all nod again*
>Jake: I completely agree. More on the republican twitter breakdown when we return.

Thanks leafbro

Fuck off indio and that thing is ugly.

he was not and is not part of the campaign so none of this applies to him at all.

Another rating grab for CNN. You guys are I. For a long 8 years.

You're a fucking idiot if you don't think people have paid fpr opposition research in just about every national level american election. If you pay staff to perform opposition research, it has monetary value. If you pay another american for opp research they found, it has value. If you take opposition research from another nation in return for performing certain actions after winning the election, you have committed a crime.

He couldn't have paid for opposition research if no research or insight was made. Why would this lawyer be fervently anti-Trump while also trying to give him information about his opponent?

Also, what about the Dems and Ukraine?

And so just what do you think you are going to do about it leaf?
>not a goddamn thing lol
>nothing can destroy Trump, full stop.
>do you think that Trump supporters haven't experienced rough times?
>his entire campaign from the very first speech he gave has been nothing but tough times
>John McCain was bad, accusing Ted Cruz's father of being a conspirator in the JFK assassination was funny but still rough, there are countless examples that I could go on and on about but all you have to do is just think back to years and all of his "scandals"
>Grab 'em by the pussy was the only time I was actually worried

This? This is nothing compared to that type of pressure.
>So go ahead and pretend like you are making a difference
>create 40 threads a day as a concern troll ("guyz I think we were wrong about trump")
>look up all of the legal bullshit you want

When it comes down to it you can never lay a glove on him
>pic related

thing of value refers to something like gold, a painting, or other thing of universal value, not something of personal value ie information this is settled law.

>KEK will be loyal so long as he chooses to represent chaos to the old system.
>Heathen unbeliever
>KYS
>Prasie KEK!!!

So all the support for Clinton in the last election will land all her people in prison. A small price to pay.

>Info isn't considered a thing of value, as it has no intrinsic exchange value

Neither has a car or a plane, they'd still fall under the scope of the law.

Anyway even if this whole thing was technically legal, months of saying "TRUMP NEVER COLLUDED WITH RUSSIA IT'S FAKE RUSSIANS AND TRUMP'S CAMPAIGN NEVER TALKED" have been BTFO.

ATTN FAGETS: rt.com/usa/396158-trump-jr-goldstone-emails-false/
>Emails to Trump Jr. on Russian lawyer meeting are full of lies – Agalarov’s attorney
>“The vast majority of what Rob Goldstone said in email exchange with Donald Trump Jr. is not accurate,” Agalarov’s family attorney, Scott Balber, told RT. “The only thing that’s true is that Emin asked the meeting to be arranged. The rest of it is not true, it’s false.”

>1 post by this ID
IT'S ANUDDAH SAGE-AH

>Physical goods, especially valuable ones like automobiles and aircraft, have no monetary value
Trying too hard.

He said "intrinsic exchange value", which means something completely different.

Not gonna lie, former Lula supporter here. It's fucking hilarious watching him rot in jail until he dies. But we should never have given hues the internet codes.

Bite This!

He didn't receive any opposition research, you fucking retard.

wtf im with her now

>witness politician commit a crime
>tell it to their politial opponents
>this somehow counts as a donation to a political party in OPs mind
>???
>collect sweet tax return money

>no one bothers to mention how photoshopped this is

fuck you

Did anyone in the US ask and-or pay Goldstone to write that email?
Did Goldstone immediately give the content of that email to someone in the US?

Even if he did commit a crime can't he just be pardoned

Soooo donald trumps son, MAY be charged solicitation depending on a judges leniency?
This is quite a ways away from Trump himself commiting treason

It doesn't matter. Even if it's not technically illegal (and most lawyers think it IS entirely illegal) in contradicts the narrative you idiots have been pushing for months.

"TRUMP'S CAMPAIGN NEVER TRIED TO COLLUDE WITH RUSSIA IT'S FAKE NEWS"

Now we have an email chain where the highest people in Trump's campaign explicitly tried to receive stolen information from the Russian government.

A car or a plane has a very easily definable monetary value, hell auto apraisal is an entire line of work. Fuck off.

I've written about this before. I work in finance

The law says that "nothing of value" can be "contributed" by a "foreign national" in "connection with elections"

First off, something of "value" designates a monetary value. This means the campaign or anyone in the campaign will have had to have used campaign funds (cash, check, credit) or campaign assets (building, car, land, patent) as a form of expenditure in exchange for information or some sort of dealing

This only becomes a crime if Don Jr. exchanged money or assets for the information so that the information has a monetary book value. If no money was exchanged, then the information has a book value of $0

When you go to a store, you give cash in exchange for goods. The amount of cash you give designates what the value of the item is. If nothing in exchanged in return for an item, the item is free and has no value

If I'm wrong, then the leaf can show me a case where someone was charged for providing information free of charge in relation to an election.

If we began throwing people in jail for getting information or intelligence free of charge, then everyone who ever worked on a campaign would be in prison

Tic Tic Tic

"Value" is a subjective term fuck nuts

So salty it's orange and cheesy

Is north mexico a particularly blurry place?

ha ha fake news.