What sort of future city would you like once the planet has 22B citizens?

What sort of future city would you like once the planet has 22B citizens?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S-rj8m7Ssow
vice.com/en_us/article/4w4kg3/the-totalitarian-buddhist-who-beat-sim-city
youtube.com/watch?v=NTJQTc-TqpU
dailymotion.com/video/xyllhh
youtube.com/watch?v=YJg02ivYzSs
youtube.com/watch?v=TvVNxqosZ7s
worldometers.info/world-population/
wolframalpha.com/input/?i=7000000000.00*1.11^x = 1000000000000.00 solve x
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No city, just nuclear waste.

This must be averted

>living in a big city
>any year
"no"

It's all just gonna be one big India, isn't it?

reminds me of youtube.com/watch?v=S-rj8m7Ssow

vice.com/en_us/article/4w4kg3/the-totalitarian-buddhist-who-beat-sim-city

Make everything hexagons apparently.

lot of places to shit

Corporate city-state arcology

i found a tree!

This is what it would look like:

youtube.com/watch?v=NTJQTc-TqpU

>Implying we need to cluster that much with just 22B
We still have huge tracts of land to expand on.

this is why you need designated shitting streets

the season of fall or a slightly windy day would completely shut down the entire city, that's as bad an idea as the fucking car eating bus

Yeah but more land would need to be set aside for agriculture to feed all of those people

I'm all for commieblocks everywhere.

yes, you show this to people, so they put up with the continued pollution of the horrendous industry

resources are running out. we already rely on stuff like tar sands and fracking for oil, even though most third worlders can't buy much of it yet

Overpopulation is not a threat.
As countries and their societies develop, the amount of children in each household tends to decrease, as seen in developed countries such as the U.S or japan

We use enormous amounts of cropland for barely-productive ethanol from corn. With more oil and nuclear that would be unnecessary.

To hell with the third world then. With no resources, we can't have 22 billion people.

He's one of us for sure

We'll nuke Africa, India and China before we got that far.

a white one

There's plenty of oil left for at least the next 200 years.

Dredd

22 Billion people in which 1% is white sounds like hell

dailymotion.com/video/xyllhh
youtube.com/watch?v=YJg02ivYzSs
youtube.com/watch?v=TvVNxqosZ7s

Not what I want, but what will almost surely happen; 'luxury space communism' cyber-arkologies which are actually just pretty fucking grim factory-cities, but with omnipresent Strong-AI driven digital/cyber elements, basically turning your whole life into one long 'mobile game' (skinner box).

This is exactly what once china and india are going to do with AR/VR, and if/when that happens it's pretty much game over for 9/10ths of the human race. They won't even need fascism to achieve perfect collectivization.

yeah, it is. a slum for the most part. ironically the chinks will be the better influence in this world

since chinks also have plummeting birthrates it's only a question of time though

Orbital.

I think the chinks will collapse and return to their tradition of civil war. if this happened in such a world shit would get unstable fast.

Those buildings would rot away with the average city dweller. All that water and rotting organic matter would turn that concrete and wood into rubble. Not to mention the insects it would attract. Do you city people ever visit the countryside? It is a constant battle with mother nature to fight decay. Life is not sterile like your concrete and steel cities.

There won't be a planet with 22billion. & billion is about as much as we can support. As population grows the excess will either starve and die or be forced off world. Technologically speaking we are still moving at a steady pace and space colonization will be a reality (in terms of the solar system) and the movement of the low IQ masses to high IQ areas (this will be temporary as the social systems the low IQ masses rely upon are unsustainable and as economic situations worsen they will have to leave) will spur the pioneering phase, where high IQ persons of all nations leave the planet exploring space, building new habitats on the frontier. By this time we may have even made a genetic vaccine for stupidity, so low IQ may be a thing of the past but either that or old darwin selecting higher IQ over low IQ in this age the low IQ people die off, humanity moves forward (kinda, there will still be war and other fuckery).
The future, whether in 100 years or a thousand years is in space.

*7 billion
>I pressed the shift button

I don't know if it's depressing or nice. I mean mega cities are kinda neat and it's possible they've basically peaked at this point

If population projections are accurate, most of the future will be African, so we'll be in mud huts in 4 generations.

Newer York

one that immediately kills 21B people

It depends.

22b all white and East Asian would be absolutely baller as fuck. More likely though it'll be about 90% niggers and loos so it's gonna be horrid.

The far future is bright though, after we hit our Malthusian limit there will be reforms, the lowest sub humans will be culled and shit will be set on the dope track.

>f future city
neotokyo

IDK what the hell you're smoking, we'll pass 7 billion in about a couple decades, with no halt to our population growth in sight. The limit to how many people our planet can support will largely be based on our technology, on how well we can recycle and deal with waste and maximize carb and protein sources and acquire energy.

We could support at least 15 billion with modern technology, and if the whole world was productive and high IQ (eg no niggers) we could support much more.

In the future with better tech and social structures we will hit insane population numbers, it's only a matter of time. I have no doubt we'll pass a trillion people on this planet in the not too distant future. It's absolutely 100% possible.

>I have no doubt we'll pass a trillion people on this planet in the not too distant future.

Actually, it's pretty much going to happen within our lifetimes, IF all other conditions hold true.

>worldometers.info/world-population/
>Population in the world is currently (2017) growing at a rate of around 1.11% per year
>1.11% per year

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=7000000000.00*1.11^x = 1000000000000.00 solve x

>x = 47.5455 + (60.2068 i) n and n element Z
>x = 47.5455

47.5 years. 1,000,000,000,000 people. Think about that for a minute.

>As countries and their societies develop

The current economic system (ie capitalism) does not allow more than 800M-1B people in all of "developed" nations.

>The future, whether in 100 years or a thousand years is in space.

As soon as capitalism is dealt with, then sure. Until then, we all are gonna have to slave away to support the global elite.