Be honest: you don't know what 'net neutrality' is because you've never read the bill. I haven't either...

Be honest: you don't know what 'net neutrality' is because you've never read the bill. I haven't either. But what I do remember is SOPA and PIPA and CISPA and how vehemently against all of those the internet was, again, having never even read any of those bills. I was okay with this, mostly because I am generally against government regulation as a whole. Those bills were all shut down and everyone cheered. Then along came 'net neutrality' and for some reason, everybody fucking loves it. And as far as I can tell, they love it purely because it's called fucking 'net neutrality'. Patriot Act anyone?

>"Precise terms and details of the policy have not been made publicly available — a situation that prompted two Republican FCC commissioners to seek to postpone Thursday's vote. That request was denied."

This was from when it was being voted on, during Obama's administration. Then they voted.

>"Thursday's vote comes after Commissioners Michael O'Rielly and Ajut Pai asked that the FCC "immediately release the 332-page Internet regulation plan publicly and allow the American people a reasonable period of not less than 30 days to carefully study it."

>"That request was denied; we'll post the document here when it's available."

They voted that shit in without anyone in the public sphere ever even having seen it. I don't know about you anons, but that shit really activated a few almonds.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Z_nBhfpmk4
npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/02/26/389259382/net-neutrality-up-for-vote-today-by-fcc-board
archive.is/OkBPg
variety.com/2015/digital/news/netflix-cfo-pleased-with-fcc-title-ii-ruling-although-its-preference-would-have-been-no-broadband-regulation-1201446282/
youtube.com/watch?v=J7J1o67-Qjo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And now we see if they will even allow a post such as this.

My almond milk is in the alembic.

Just get comfy, bud. Without an explicit target to meme, we're all just along for the ride

Thats a shame, because I don't ride along.

Bump

Just don't let it die. This board is full of shills and redditors falling for shit bait threads now. So, I guess we'll see.

I appreciate the bump, friendo. I am a real human bean.

youtube.com/watch?v=5Z_nBhfpmk4

Educate yourselves, Sup Forums.

guys we can't let net neutrality fail!!!!!! there's a monopoly on internet!!!!!!! i only have comcast and will literally DIE if i have to support a local business

Yes, goyim, nothing wrong with this, goyim.

It's funny how Stephen mentions he knows about this stuff because of his tech background. I'm a software engineer. Neither of us have read this bill.

Allahu Akbar!
The U.S. must take Monroe Doctrine now.
The U.S. must withdraw American Forces from all Foreign Countries now.
Stop America's doing its all wars now!

I love American99% and the U.S.

China, Germany and Japan must loosen Germany's, Japan's and China's monetary policies now!
China, Germany and Japan must stimulate Germany's, Japan's and China's domestic demands now!
Japan and Germany must issue a lot of construction bond now!
Japan and Germany must reduce Germany's, Japan's and China's taxes now!
The U.S. must tighten its monetary policy now!
As a result, Dollar value will rise!
The U.S. will have trade surplus!

Japan, Germany and China are evil empires.
Islamists' true enemies are Japan, Germany, China, FRB, top1%, Wall Street, American Military Industry and DOD!
Japan is the country which has been promoting Globalization!!!
Allahu Akbar!

I only have AT&T and Cox where I live. It's either broadband DSL (

i don't see the name of your city. privately owned ISPs are listed on google and aren't visible if you just use a "find my local provider" search

i don't think people should have ANY access to the internet, at all. it should be for the military only.

Here's the source for those quotes if anyone wants to check my work.

>npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/02/26/389259382/net-neutrality-up-for-vote-today-by-fcc-board

Checked. Archive:
archive.is/OkBPg

>NPR
topkek

If Congress wanted to pass a bill that requires everyone to take their children to special clinics to be injected with a plague virus, they would call it the Child Health Act.

I understand how dangerous the internet potentially is. But it is also equally potentially wonderful. Sort of like nuclear technology. But I think this is the wrong approach.

The source is irrelevant in this case - you can find many articles from many sources about this same thing around that time.

>The source is irrelevant in this case
Sure, goyim

So this bill could be anything? Nothing to even do with internet?

Not sure - have you read it?

>variety.com/2015/digital/news/netflix-cfo-pleased-with-fcc-title-ii-ruling-although-its-preference-would-have-been-no-broadband-regulation-1201446282/

the internet is far more damaging to the morale of a citizenry than it is beneficial. for that matter, computers should also be illegal. and mandatory public schooling should equally divide the school day between education and hard physical training.

I disagree. I agree about the public schooling thing though, for sure. I hope you are talking about actual weight training as well as sports.

Its because net neutrality helps everyone, faggotron.

With net neutrality, the commies can have websites to their commie shit without issues.
With net neutrality, the ancap can pretend to be retarded as much as they want.
With net neutrality, we are allowed to criticize niggers and have a conversation here

Without net neutrality, we are at the mercy of corporations. We would be literally living in internet fascism. And no, its not Mussolinni who is driving us there.

So everyone should support net neutrality, we don't need to censor anyone. We NEED to allow the commies and kikes to exist in order for us to have a place to hate them.

strange. i don't remember net neutrality being a thing until 2015.

for 20 long years i had an internet connection without experience fascism

>Without net neutrality, we are at the mercy of corporations.
You mean like in the entire history of the United States?

>Kekistani flag
Let me guess, you wouldn't know about this. You're not even here.

I totally agree goy.

>You mean like in the entire history of the United States?
You are at the mercy of Comcast, but Comcast can't touch you without breaking the law. That's what the law is for.

Because the internet was new, and there was no regulation fucktard, net neutrality is keeping the internet running like it was in the 90s. It became an official law to keep the internet neutral. Hence the name "net neutrality"

(((Shill))) detected.

Holy shit they're getting better but still obvious as fuck.

>You are at the mercy of Comcast
No I'm not, faggot.
If I had them, and they chose to censor something: no more business from me.

Here's a more important question: why would they censor anything?
Why the fuck would the censor the one thing they're in the business of selling?

Again, you're not from here. Go back to your blacked European shithole.

>and they chose to censor something: no more business from me.
But there are some of us, americucks, that have no other choice beyond the one ISP. What then faggot? Just because you don't have a problem doesn't mean all of us don't have it.

>why would they censor anything
Why do websites censor the word nigger? It hurts the website's traffic and ad revenue, yet they still do it. Think nigga, think.

Stop hating on the commies for once, we are both radicals, we both need the net to stay free.

Don't forget they could literally pull "social media package" and charge you extra for it. This is literally cancer.

>But there are some of us, americucks, that have no other choice beyond the one ISP. What then faggot?
Liar.
1/4

2/4

>Stop hating on the commies for once

3/4

>We need the government to regulate the internet!

4/4

The only shill is you. BTFO faggot

What are you even posting my man?

Then choose a fucking better provider that doesn't do that shit.
Net neutrality harms innovation, prevents ISPs from actually competing for customers which leads to monopolies and gives the government more power over our internet access.

In what way is this "freedom"?

At least 2 providers: At least 3 providers: At least 4 providers: At least 5 providers:

>Kekistan flag
>unironically defending the shills

Nice try Soros.

And they all ban Sup Forums, why would they allow it?

Again, you are not actually attacking the argument. Why would you want to change net neutrality?

there's not one city in america that only has 1 or 2 ISPs. anyone making the claim is a liar shill.

you aren't even from the US nuflag

Kill yourself

You already pay for a computer, electricity, internet, and a house to store it in.

Nigger you sound like you're implying that I wouldn't pay money for more things I want. And that people like me who actually have an impact wouldn't still vote with our wallets for a service that supports "free" accessable internet as well as paid services.

Fucking armchair general, no wonder you can't afford the EzPass Express lanes.

Sort yourself.

>And they all ban Sup Forums, why would they allow it?
And you're still not answering the question, European.
Why ban?

>gives the government more power over our internet access.
No it doesn't. Don't be autistic, here I will do an analogy cuz your too dumb

Once you get water, you can use it however you want at the same price per gallon, if you use 3 gallons to wash your car or to bathe, it's the same price for that water. Currently this applies to the Internet, ISPs can only charge for data you use, not for how (or where) you use it

I answered that here Read it well

You have no idea what the fuck you are talking about you shill get the fuck out.

>You already pay for a computer, electricity, internet, and a house to store it in.
So you now want to pay also for internet packages?

Are you fucking nuts?

You did not answer it faggot.
Why would they ban the service they sell?
Why would they artificially limit their own market?
You don't seem to have a very good grasp of basic economics. Maybe your forte was social studies?

Leftypol in full force today

>Thread twenty of the Mercer group discord

This shit isnt working go the fuck away faggots

>internet packages
do you even know what the internet is?

The only thing that ISPs would allow is mainstream normie garbage. If they get net neutrality through... we would lose the war against normies.

Answer my question first faggotron, stop deflecting your shit. The answer is there. Counter mine first.

No, I want to pay for better services.

When you make a cuck wage like yours, you may not realize it.. but our time is valuable. I want faster service, better ping not bogged down by niggers watching Netflix.

Lrn2capitalism, and you might realize you're the one holding people back.

Still strawmanning.

Why would they ban the word "nigger"?
Have they done this before? If they haven't, you're strawmanning and crying wolf.

Do you even know how the internet works? Because it seems you might need to learn about it soon, since you will have to bypass your ISP policy restriction to reach an uncensored internet

Right on the money from my friend down under.

You don't seem to have very good knowledge of the internet, european.

Better activate it!

that wasn't a bait question, it was a real one. do you know what the internet is?

>Implying real Pol members wouldn't just buy a service that allowed access

Poorfag detected

Lord kek does not approve of net neutrality.

>no they haven't
HAHAHAHAHAHA

>No, I want to pay for better services.
You are not getting better services you retarded moron. All the ISPs have an agreement to not go for optic fiber. You are not getting better anything. They will do everything in their power to maintain their status quo.

And you want to give them more power?

Just how fucking retarded are you, seriously?

Im not a leftist you autist.

Your post is a wonderful example of ignorance.

Yeah, we've never read the net neutrality bill. You know why? Because there isn't one dipshit. Net neutrality is a principle that creates a free and open internet.
Now politicians want to introduce bills that will ERODE net neutrality. We are against those.

your only argument is "muh morality"?

why the fuck are you even on the internet, Sup Forums of all places, if you're so against it?

either troll, slider, or stupid.

>"Be honest: you don't know what 'net neutrality' is because you've never read the bill."

I stoped reading right there.

he's from germany; the only country where net neutrality is the norm. they don't pay for ul/dl speeds, so he doesn't understand what real internet is

>HAHAHAHAHAHA

This is the shilliest post ever made, holy fuck kill yourself.

Real 4channers would steal everything for free, don't forget where you are posting, shill.

Whats in the 332 pages then?

Well that map is 110% bullshit.

Baltimore City has "At least 2 providers" alright. You can get Comcast @ 105/15 or Verizon DSL @ 1.5/.768. YOU HAVE A CHOICE!

Why would you be against net neutrality?

What the fuck is wrong with you? The internet should remain as it is right now.

>literal retard.

Verizon was actively experimenting in certain counties with fucking over their users.

If you were more informed you would know that they shifted ISPs to Title 2 and adopted NN directly in response to Verizon's fuckery in 2014.

ANYONE WHO SUPPORTS NET NEUTRALITY IS A JEW SHILL
youtube.com/watch?v=J7J1o67-Qjo

Holy fucking shit, this video drops hard fucking redpills.

Net Neutrality is jewish in nature and brainwashes our children.

Enjoy being docile human beings for the rest of your life.

Get fucked niggers

Net Neutrality is inherintly anti-fascist. We need digital fascism to prevent the populace being brainwashed by useless information.

You're the ones LARPing as a """"kekistan"""" and then when someone takes your stupid little internet away you cry like a big stupid baby. Get fucked nigger

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Telcom Companies setting up different Internet Deals. Afterall it is annarcho capitalistic.

Go back to plebbit, niggers

>We are against those
>Almost every user here seems to hate freedom.

Poorfag confirmed

Abandon thread

Seriously Mercer faggots, nobody is suddenly buying all this bullshit. You are too late to the debate thats already been had.

Because everything should be free.

>its a make the poor suffer and the rich richer episode
you have outed yourself, kike

>shilliest
>Real 4channers
>4channers
you're from that autistic shill/trolling discord group that was discovered recently, aren't you

It's always the pro-NNers that power through with the insightful responses.
Thanks, my argument has changed now!

You can just smell the summer with that post you just made.

Got your reply, though.

You are all missing the target. The regulations preventing new ISPs from coming into your region and competing are the problem. Anywhere Google is able to weedle its way in all of a sudden the deals start flowing from the other guys. This should be about accessing the utility lines so you have more than 2 choices in any given region. If you want to be able to actually punish your ISP for being shitty by leaving then this is where the fight actually is. Right now you are just choosing between cartel members that have agreed tos stay out of each others way.

Reddit would beg to differ

Attempting to regulate the market because of a hypothetical flaw that's never happened before is a leftist ideal

Why shouldn't the internet be free? You dumb or something?

>I would rather pay 20 dollars over paying 5 dollars for the same product
This is you.

Net Neutrality means a free internet you leftist cuck...nice try shilling the leftist agenda now get lost and go back to plebbit were you fucking belong.

>Why shouldn't the internet be free? You dumb or something?
What, you think internet grows on trees?

>literal ad-hom
This is how we know you have been paid to post here.

OP was the only one making remarkable posts.

>the admission of defeat
it tastes so sweet

You think we need to pay for the internet when everyone benefits from it? Its a human right at this point.