Australians are priced out of their own labour market

consider the following:

The union says that each year about 8,000 Australian students graduate with a nursing qualification, but that there are around 3,000 nurses who cannot find work. "It can't be a coincidence that at the same time as thousands of new nurse graduates across the country are unable to get jobs, the same amount of people are getting jobs, coming in as temporary skilled migrants on 457 visas," Annie Butler, acting federal secretary of the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation, said. Between 2011 and 2012, 3,095 foreign nurses were granted working visas in Australia.

>in one year:
>3,000 Australian nurses could not find work.
>3,095 foreign nurses were granted working visas in Australia.

Other urls found in this thread:

border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil#tab-content-3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw half way through nursing degree
I thought I was finally going to get my shit together and make something out of myself. Oh shit lads, did I fuck up?

Hmm. Seems a pretty straightforward problem to solve.

Come over to the US, plenty of nursing jobs here.

I don't think you guys want more white people

maybe 3000 out of the 8000 graduates are shit at their vocation? just sayin

Immigration has no effect on employment or wages. Move along. Do not read Adam Smith. Economics is fascism.

You are thinking of Europe.

You've clearly never met an Aussie politician

aussie nurses could move to uk - English speaking nurses are needed, any qualified nurses are needed really but english speakers big bonus - and uk hospitals are horribly understaffed

There's heaps of nursing jobs out in regional areas mate.

I figured as much. It seems like people are just bitching they can't immediately have a job at a metro hospital within 15 minutes of where they live.

>3000
That's fuck all. And if you're a male you should be fine. I'm also considering nursing as an EN, then RN. How is it so far mate?

Its easy as fuck mate, a lot of shitty useless classes you have to take (Communication, Abo studies etc.). 90-95% women, so fucking petty and bitchy. Doesn't take much intelligence to excel. I only attended classes for assessment and labs, been getting 6's and 7's. You'll do fine mate.

Are you studying to be an EN or RN?

RN, apparently my uni (Griffith) was ranked #29 in the world for their nursing program last year. The instructors know their shit and the simulated wards are pretty high quality

>133454357
I am studying enrolled nursing this semester at MT Lawley TAFE.

>did i fuck up
Well you're a pitiful MURSE so...

Interesting. I wanna get in, already got a meme bachelors, but I wanna learn something useful.

If you check in the list of skilled immigrants, nurses are those with the highest ceiling.

16000 immigrant nurses needed for the years 2016-2017

border.gov.au/Trav/Work/Skil#tab-content-3

And then Australian girls just graduated as nurses can't get jobs?

Take the red pill comrades

Lol the fucking unions can speak. They are literally the reason cheap labor is imported. Even after having astrofuckingnomical wages they still demand more, despise regulation and act like complete chimps. Pay $500 for a $100 job? Yeah go fuck yourself fucking tradie fucks. The CFMEU needs to be classified as a terror organisation or some shit.