Net Neutrality Thread: Fuck the Janitors Edition
Net Neutrality is Vidya related, you dingus
Vote Here
strawpoll.me/13423012/
>strawpoll.me/13423012/
strawpoll.me/13423012/
>strawpoll.me/13423012/

Other urls found in this thread:

polygon.com/2017/2/9/14548880/time-warner-lawsuit-new-york-league-of-legends-netflix
youtube.com/watch?v=K88BU3kjZ-c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wait, it got deleted? Come on, mods. This shit's important.

Not for video games

Go shill somewhere else, fags.

Not vidya related, besides the FCC head and committee are gonna do whatever the fuck they like, remember how well we stopped SOPA?

Get out of here.

I remember when shit like this wasn't deleted, hell it was stickied

The fuck are the janitors doing?

It is tho.
It's Net Neutrality day, faggot. It'll be over tomorrow.

>Not vidya related
Oh my sweet summer child, how you will regret these words

What the fuck? Anything internet related will be effected by Net Neutrality getting repealed, video games included. Say goodbye to lag free gaming unless you shell out for the ultimate gamer plan for only $100 more.

yes its important for vidya as you play over the internet.

>inb4 "are you poor?"

someone explain it to like you are explaining to your mother. i didn't undestand shit.

This is a good time to remind everyone that Time Warner Cable purposely slowed down League of Legends connections to get Riot to pay for the bandwith.

dont forget the 30$+ you have to pay for the vidya because ISP´s jewd out the dev´s and they have to get the money back.

No evidence. Nice shill.

>idiots thinking this will happen

I hope it does happen so you fools will realise this is just crying over nothing.

good luck Ameribros, don't make that shit happen

They obviously won't care until it actually has happened and Sup Forums gets fucked as a result. With nobody giving them their precious hotpockets they will realize they should have stood up for net neutrality when they had the chance.

Why in the fuck do you think it wouldn't happen? ISPs already do their very best to bend us over and fuck us till we beg for mercy. If you give them more power, why would they not just fuck us harder? Please, explain.

But I thought drumpf was our guy?

you mean the day the ISP´s stoped googel from expanding and providing every american with cheap and fast internet? What where there worlds? To aggressive expansion in a capitalist system that acts worse then commies?

polygon.com/2017/2/9/14548880/time-warner-lawsuit-new-york-league-of-legends-netflix

How can almost 200 people be cucks? Is there ANY reason aside from "Yes! Let my ISP fuck me in the asshole!" when it comes to accessing sites evenly? Do you want to wait 40 seconds for every youtube vid to load when Comcast is promoting Dailymotion at 2.5 second loadtimes? Cucks for Comcast the lot of you!

Watch this, it's informative.
youtube.com/watch?v=K88BU3kjZ-c

inb4 totalshitscuit

It's called free market and competition

Simply don't use their services if they screw you over. It's like people are braindead to not think about it. idiots.

The internet as it is now is like water. You pay for it and it runs when you turn it on.

If the ISP's have their way, they could charge you an extra $20 to use the water to wash your clothes. $5 per shower. $50 to water your lawn.

That kinda shit but with data and speed

I thought the guy died from ass cancer, how nice to see him not dead I guess

This is a Sup Forums thread. Go to Sup Forums to discuss this. Divided we fall and all o' that.

Hah Sup Forums fell for the "billionaire pretends he cares about the little guy" meme

It's called money. You can turn any politican into a good goy if you just pay them enough money for them to vote for what you want them to.

Listen here, fuckboy, and listen good. The vast majority of the US only has 1 (ONE) choice of ISP. It's not as simple as just switching, since they already have monopolies.
>inb4: Well, I can switch, so it's not a problem

it's not that fucking easy you faggot, you can't just not use their service if they are the only one in your area

>Not vidya related
wew lad

this is a /Sup Forums/ wide thread impacting all of the users of this dog frying website.

Sure! Let me just put some fucking tin foil in my trees and make my own internet! It's not like they have monopolies. Hurr durr!

I hope you burgers do something about this

>lol no just don't use energy
>lol no just don't use internet
>lol no just don't use X
literally a retard

No it fucking isn't. There was a time when SOPA happened that every board started discussing it and somehow this doesn't count?

I'm not talking about them. I'm talking about the almost 200 people that voted against NN in the strawpoll. Those are the cucks i'm addressing. Of course you can buy politicians.

>Asked 3 hours ago
>When all the americans are asleep
well timed poll OP

>Burgers
>Doing anything other then to suck cocks
Burgers are a waste of life and skin. They'll do nothing

you're either trolling or haven't watched enough of your favorite youtubers "debates"

you understand GOOGLE one the biggest companies in the world is having trouble setting up fiber at a decent pace in the US because ATT and Comcast and cock blocking them right?

What fucking chance does some no name company have if a multi billion dollar company can't even join in the """"free market"""" without the other big dogs bullying them?

>It's called free market and competition
Works for cell service. Oh wait, it's all overpriced garbage.

>Simply don't use their services if they screw you over.
>simply don't have an internet connection in current year.

They're either contrarian trolls, people who work for an ISP, or genuinely misinformed morons.

They wont they love to talk about muh freedoms and flaunt their guns but when the time comes they do nothing

Troll votes, I suppose. That, or actual retards.

>genuinely misinformed morons.
I can easily see this more then the other options. Retarded anons are nothing new

Still got a thousand votes

How's that freedom goin burgers? You will not be missed.

>competition
>there's been a fucking mono/duo-poly across 98% of america since forever
And you call others braindead

>american companies can actually have monopolies on a service like the internet
dont you burgers have laws against that ?

They can't, its a plutocracy. No matter how much they want it, the corporations have more money and lobby harder. Hell the chair of the FCC is a former verizon lawyer.

Have all you stupid niggers forgot when they capped data at like 300GB a month for people and you had to pay to have a higher cap?

Why in the fuck would you trust these companies?

thats what they are trying to remove.

>implying you're any more free

Oh you sweet summer child. Did you somehow forget the part where the vast majority of areas and states have only a single ISP option? Did you miss the part where the companies that do show up either get bought out or kicked out of the area because they can't lay lines or pay for the lines from the company that owns them? Did you somehow miss the part where Google tried getting into all states and they've basically found it impossible to actually lay pipes and get the middle finger from all ISPs?

Damn commie, preventing massive corporations from fucking over our people isn't the American way.

But I thought Americans were proud of being capitalists?

Usually where capitalism is there is also competition.

>Allowing a monopoly to happen in the first place
there are only 300 million braindeads on this globe user

Why wont the US justice system penalize monopolies?
The EU does it all the time

how does Net Neutralitiy cross over into anti Monopoly laws?

Lobbyists grease every wheel in america.

What is net neutrality? Are the Cable Companies good guys or bad guys in this?

>caring about multiplayer
you deserve it

See The real answer is that all of our politicians are in the corporations' pockets, so they wouldn't dare go against them.

Is there more? I'm getting nothing from reverse search.

Im logging from a 200mbit without isp blocking (except for pedo shit and whatsoever), can access to pirate bay freely, pay 30 euros\month with no gb cap.
Yep, i am way more free than you. Now grab a gun and go shoot something.

Because the US is hyper capitalism personified because every mega corporation has a conglomerate that I didn't fucking know. So long they get insane profits, it doesn't matter.

^this

free market my ass.

Googel should invest in some fucking ninjas and hunt the ceo´s ATT/Comcast family's and children. This would lead faster to solution then hoping the niggers make space for progress.

America is pretty much Capitalism (GONE WRONG)

protip: you can't have free market and state regulation.

MUH FREE MARKET
GET OUT COMMIE

>The EU does it all the time
Only to foreign companies, never to their own.
Also remember who exposed the shit FIFA was doing, not the EU.

Net neutrality is a meme

It's written in state legislation. The ISPs have essentially bought off every single major municipality to to give them total control over the infrastructure, which they then refuse to upgrade or share. They're literally letting copper lines rot to force rural people onto wireless while killing unlimited plans in the cities.

yes you can. Its like saying as you can have freedome and law´s.

because it's not "technically" a monopoly
most places in the US generally have (2) choices so people like think that means it's a "free market"

The big dogs just let the non threatening companies come in and block out the real competitors.
Though "allegedly" google is going to move to wireless and if that happens it'll be a good day to be an internet fag.

The people with money have power, the people with power make the rules, and the people who make the rules do their damn best to ensure the rules don't harm their bottom line. The game was rigged from the word go, and there's virtually zero chance of any up and comers from changing the situation we're in right now here in the stats in terms of ISP choice/competition.

YAAAAS
PLEASE TAKE ALL MY MONEY CORPORATION-SAMA
YOUR CORPORATE DICK FEELS SO GOOD IN MY ASS
FUCK NET NEUTRALITY AND FUCK CONSUMER RIGHTS

In the most simple terms, repealing net neutrality gives ISPs more power to fuck us over. There is literally no upside for people who are not ISPs.

The people arguing it's good for us believe that after the ISPs get more money by fucking us over, they'll spend it doing nice things for us. Which they would have literally no incentive to do because most (not sure of the exact number) internet consumers only have one available ISP. That's literally the only possible way this bill can be a good thing for the average person, and what these shills are pretending to believe will happen.
There is a long history of ISPs fucking us over in the exact way they're promising they won't again.

Some of the cable companies are bad guys and try to force net neutrality out of the windows, but even the ones that don't aren't really stepping up to defend net neutrality, only the services that rely on it do, like Amazon, Hulu, HBO, and Netflix, Youtube, Yahoo (because of Twitch) and of course providers of online games services.

Net neutrality just means internet providers can't limit your speed depending on which content you're accessing with your connection. But they'd all like to do just that.

Name one monopoly going on in the EU right now

America tells me otherwise. Have fun with your government/company-lobbed (((free market)))system.

Answer pls

Wtf is this?

biggest food retailers in germany want to merge, its would create a unfair advantage to others. it gets blockd.

To bad your not right.

consumers don't have rights , they have choices

>freedom in yuroland
you have nice internet but don't even pretend

Ah, yes, good job, keep the Net (((Neutral)))!

They're proud of capitalism to the point where the average person will rank a business' profits higher than their own ability to access goods because creating a successful business is part of the American dream.

You see this behavior in vidya discussion a lot. People will fight over which consoles have the better exclusives when exclusives do nothing for them. People will argue that casualizing games to focus on the lowest common denominator makes business more money, even though "how much money a business makes" has no value to them unless they work for that business, and all they get out of it is a shallow game with shallow gameplay.

In the US if you build something it's yours to keep. Since the ISPs all built their own infrastructure after borrowing tens of billions of dollars from the government to do certain projects only to not do it and never return the money it's theirs to keep.

Because it did not happen prior to the net neutrality rule. Or if it was commonplace, I'm not aware of it.

Not for much longer, pay up or no internet for you goy

They do in most of the civilized world. Maybe not in America for much longer.

Veolia comes to mind.

It happens even with net neutrality in place

Answers here also

Germany

still a choice

>any year
>expecting ISPs to not completely fuck over the consumer
Those subhumans will do anything and everything possible to make more money and will gladly manhandle the consumer in a heartbeat. I can't believe I even have to type this out. I thought this was common knowledge.

Good fucking luck accessing your hentai sites if this is repealed.

*yawn*
Mods, remove this thread already. No one actually gives a shit and it's mostly shitposting. No one cares since Amerishits keep fucking themselves