Smartphone/internet addiction

Are people being subdued by smartphones? Sometimes you have those situations where you're with friends and people would rather check their phones than talk to people they know.

I can understand pulling your phone when you're waiting for the dentists, but the whole using smartphones rather than talking to people you know at a table weirds me out. I'm a tech enthusiast but those things are elbowing socialization out for some people.

That's ignoring all the privacy invasion and spying shit that comes with those devices.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=041YPJI5zz8
youtube.com/watch?v=e9y3BWDWaEw
youtube.com/watch?v=wbmBp8WLhjI
youtube.com/watch?v=dNdFJLO6f9w
youtube.com/watch?v=dGoRNoitq4E
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You have phones in Brazil?

yeah they just cost 4,000+ reais

>Are people being subdued by smartphones?
Yes. You have a group devouring buzzfeedish bs and the 'enlightened' and 'redpilled' group devouring Sup Forums infographics. Both groups of sheeple are exactly the same and easily manipulated. The ultimate sheeple for NWO to govern.

Its making life very easy tho so absolutely worth it.

>internet addiction
Truly the greatest peril of our times, the addiction to endless information is more complex than regular dopamine based dependancies.

There's definitely some great shit those devices can do, I have no issues reading books in pdf format in phones, and you can literally have huge libraries on your hand, and by waiting for something I've nearly read entire books. However there's also that addictive shit that can take over your life aspect, to the point people would rather look at funny shit on their phone than to interact with their friends in front of them.

I say this as a fucking recluse, which is too funny. If I can notice this shit I bet some extroverts are pissed off by this shit.

could you elaborate more on that internet dependency?

>not talking to friends while both of you are looking in their phone while also sending stuff over whatsapp to each other
>not using a smartphone to get laid

nigga u doin it wrong

yea I heard about Tinder and similar shit, never tried it

also from mjy experience people don't manage to use phones and talk to each other at the same time, it's full attention to the gadget and the world can burn for all people care

really go with the times gramps, technology is here to help us.

And that's the point where I just got up and left the table.

I wonder how long it was before anyone noticed I was gone.

yeah in Brazil you go to the zoo so no use for tinder

but I am a tech enthusiast of the sorts, I like it a lot how today you can buy a 200GB+ MicroSD card and hold tons of fucking data, you can have more books in there than your local library, over ten thousand songs, do some good photo taking shit, or videos, that's all very nice and helpful

But there's also a darker side of the sorts.How those things can easily overrule your life, I remember a busy guy saying he deleted whatsapp because he was getting requested so many questions and shit it was taking over his life and he has kids and his own job and his own life.

I guess balance is key

Sex with animals is immoral, mohammed, I understand your acceptance of such practices.

>Abu Dawud 38:4450 - Narrated Abdullah ibn Abbas: There is no prescribed punishment for one who has sexual intercourse with an animal.

>I guess balance is key
like everything in life

No not really as I'm mostly talking out of my arse.
But I can say that internet addiction involves different circuits in the brain than regular addictions. For example the desire to learn information is deeply ingrained in us and the internet can feed that desire so thoroughly as to become perilous.

smartphone addiction is literally destroying our capacity for empathy.

Do you think it's a coincidence that the rise in hateful rhetoric and divisiveness in politics coincides with the release of smartphones? And, in general, the popularization and mainstreaming of cellphones in general?

in the 90's, only businessman and adults in general, had cellphones, and they were basically just for work, or for looks.

but in the 00's, younger people started getting them too. Started getting those slide out keyboard phones and texting with each other. And then in '07, the iphone hit, and smartphones started taking over.

dont you think it's funny how those two things overlap?

It's because by retreating to the cold, sterile, and safe digital world of smartphones, there's no longer any consequence attached to conversation. Conversation and in fact, Human relationships, are messy affairs. You can't craft your message, it's all real time. on the phone you can perfectly craft your thoughts, much like I'm doing right now, and then hit send. This also applies to negative stuff. You can hurt somebody's feelings and it's safe because you dont have to be there in person.

As a result, it interferes with Human empathy. You don't develop it properly.

basically, everyone today is a sociopath.

this book was mind blowing. I will always shill it, because it's really something. since childhood kids are being ruined by this. children, not learning empathy at a young age. that shit is dangerous

True, you're cool Hans.

Yeah and today the level of information we have access to is overwhelming. Back then even the emperor of Rome couldn't know what anyone with access to a computer does, so the amount of info out there is impossible to be even calculated, including trash like all the "celebrity" shit that is not news but useless "info". Now what that does to the brain, who knows.

Oldman here,

It's like everyone has a tape recorder and is a small town reporter nowdays. Some people's facebook has more viewers than a small town paper. Gotta be careful, these people don't care about privacy and they'll use you for likes.

How much is that in real money?

R$4,000 is 1239.05USD

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll look into it.

I've noticed sometimes because of this no accountability shit onver the web, specially on 4chins, this shit can corrupt you morally. I've been avoiding saying shit like kys to anyone here, this kind of shit will make you also more bitter and hateful in real life too.

I'm trying to follow a moral conduct of sorts. Also trying to avoid seeing wicked deeds as much as possible. For example, some video recently of a brazilian cop who was shot by a bunch of drug dealers, I can't watch this shit, it makes my blood boil and makes me want to grab a knife and plunge in the nearest drug dealer's neck. But no, I can't let those animal impulses take over me, that shit is bad for me, no, reason over emotion.

There's a quote I think it's in the Bible, that you should not watch wicked acts, for that will affect you. It's very true, you watch street fights videos, you see a guy being punched and curbstomped, you start being desensitized to human suffering and violence. The ancients were right, what enters your eyes can deeply affect you, often subconsciously.

I don't own a smartphone, AMA.

What's it like to live in a country full of whores yet never get laid?

Do you also lack a cellphone overall or just the smart variants?

Is Brazil truly a paradise for those who love big round luscious ass cheeks

Yes but it is also very dangerous, extremely high homicide rates. At least 60,000 homicides per year and everyone knows statistics are skewed down tio downplay the criminal issues of here. We can thank the left and gun control that was implemented against our population's wish, right after a referendum where over 60% voted against gun control laws back in 2004 or so.

At least you have the hottest sluttiest women in the world. My neighborhood is super dangerous too, but all I see outside are fat black nasty hoes.

Do kikes run Brazil too?

I have a 10$ cellphone for "emergencies" but in fact I let it at home. I almost never use phones in general.

Communists of all different flavors, we don't really have a single christian/conservative political party, despite most brazilians being conservative, politicians know most are against abortion, LGBT agenda, against gun control, euthanasia and so on, yet the political class is either communist, or opportunist, with very rare exceptions.

A more center party, PFL which had some classic liberalism fringe tones, changed its name to "Democrats", as in our most right wing party took the name of the american left, shows us how politics work. There's a resurgence of conservatism among the population though, Jair Bolsonaro has some conservative positions and the population loves him and the left the media and other cohorts demonize him at every turn.

I look at Brazil and I see the future of America, and it scares me. If I wanted to live in some shanty town full of niggers I would move to one. Brazil is the most apt comparison, due to the racial demographics. Armed robbers driving around on mopeds, trannys, and niggers everywhere, sounds like some dystopian leftist wet dream. I wish you the best, user. Our nigs don't behave much better pic related.

The most funny thing was a gay politician, LGBT militant, whose climb to fame was via participating in Big Brother Brasil, the sewer pipe of Globo, once admitted how dictatorial the left truly is.

Some news woman asked him if we should do referendums for gay marriage and he was vehemently against it, he said "we know the population is against it, and if we do more of those, they'll want the death penalty approved, no gun laws, and so on", he said with a straight face the left is against the population and will not ask what the people want for any political changes. The face of totalitarianism right there.

Thanks, I think the country might get better 60+ years in, if people start wising up, studying more to know what is going on. Bolsonaro is the most conservative politician and people are flocking to help him to get elected in 2018.

Shitty subtitles but it gets most things right
youtube.com/watch?v=041YPJI5zz8
youtube.com/watch?v=e9y3BWDWaEw
youtube.com/watch?v=wbmBp8WLhjI

how popular he is among the average person
youtube.com/watch?v=dNdFJLO6f9w

also I find the black demographic very interesting, the rap "culture" is mirrored here, we have this noise they call "funk" which is the most disgraceful sound ever made, the lyrics are deeply sexual, also all for using drugs and may even praise drug cartels, and this has an effect on people, how highly sexualized kids are getting, it's all an attack on the culture

I like seeing those parallels of the left, you kinda learn how they operate, and it seems a lot of it is by attacking the culture by promoting this filth, also occupating the universities and even the churches with Liberation Theology, a marxist interpretation of the Gospel.

see some of that amazing "funk", the parallels to rap and rapper "culture" are obvious
youtube.com/watch?v=dGoRNoitq4E

funny thing, you can't convert Brazilian money to real money. Somebody I know came back from a trip there and the banks and money exchange places here all refused to accept any Brazilian currency for exchange.

Our currency was artificially kept at a certain baseline. Our public company Petrobras regulates gas prices, sometimes keeping it artificially lower in order to try and prevent major inflation from happening. it's all a bunch of bullshit.

I don't think what you're doing is a crazy idea at all.

John McAffe, the guy who created the antivirus once said he pulls he battery out of his smartphones, and has always denounced how smartphones are very good tools for espionage, they know fucking everything about your life.

Yes retard, keep taking picturesof your home because the pokemon appears, meanwhile Nicalis is getting access to all those pictures and they can map what you have at home, how many people live there, people don't realize how much smartphones can get from your life. It's similar to a technocrat dictatorship, they know where you go with the GPS, what sites you browse, maybe you have done some thought crimes, looking at those websites that denounce jihad, we can't have that in our New World Order.