Why do people worship Friedman as some economic genius when he was pals with Pinochet and used Chile as his own...

Why do people worship Friedman as some economic genius when he was pals with Pinochet and used Chile as his own personal playground to enact his economic policies and they failed horribly?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dzgMNLtLJ2k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Should've just made a "le how DUM r leftists" post if I wanted replies hey

>failed horribly
citation needed

>Pinochet was a wonderful leader of Chile
Really? A leader instated by a coupe was better than the democratically elected leader?

He unironically was. Pinochet did nothing wrong

>implying pinochet was bad
either newfag or retard
sage goes in all fields

youtu.be/dzgMNLtLJ2k

>I didn't work with Pinochet!
>but hol up, lemme tell you how based he is

Fucking Friedman.

The method by which a leader entered power has nothing to do with their effectiveness as a leader.

>Pinochet did nothing wrong
Actual kek
Really

people wanted to turn chile into venezuela
that did not happen
good job pinochet

>Friedman values market freedom more than individual freedom
Gross

>exterminated a shitload of communists and handed power back to the people when he was satisfied Chile was in working order

whats the problem

Free market freedom led to individual freedom in Chile. This is a fact.

Mi general

This

Fucking Venezuelan misery shouldn't even be happening in Venezuela, it definitely shouldn't be happening in Chile. Good thing it didn't!

Imagine being this retarded, you realize Venezuela is fucked because it's only resource they based effort on was oil right? No nation no matter what economic ideal it bases itself off of can sustain itself off of one commodity

real fascism and real capitalism have never been tried

You realize this graph means nothing and doesnt match with the source right?

he failed as soon as he got out of the goverment, the contitution we have is designed to live in a totalitarian system, when "democracy" came, we fucked up, corruption

Yes Chile is such a first world country, why not move there? Pinochet did such a great job!

This is a classic case of the market being too complex for central planning. If Venezuela had allowed entrepreneurs to privately invest and manage their oil industry I can't help but think things would be exponentially more stable, but instead they just spent all of their oil money on welfare and now instead of paradise they have NOTHING. whoops lol

Venezuela is fucked becuase like all lefty govts their system is bottlenecked by central govt and resources never get where they are needed in time, and central govt cannot react fast enough leading to many wasted resources you fucking pleb. Go be retarded somwhere else.

Chile has the strongest economy in all of Latin America. It's been that way since the late 80s

Chile is pretty cool, might go on vacation there some day, but I like America more.

Compared to the rest of South America, Chile is like the only country with its shit together.

Its hdi is really high, much better than anywhere else in south america.

I'm eyeing Chile as a place I could possibly go to when things get too bad over here

>Pinochet's economic policies failed horribly

That's why Chile was the richest country in SA during his time in power? Really made me think

Are you some kind of retard? Chile is easily the best country in south america by literally any measure.

you just got btfo admit it