I misunderstood about net neutrality. It's a good thing

I asked a law professor friend of mine from a prestigious college.

Him: Net neutrality is the principle that network operators shouldn't discriminate unreasonably in the treatment of traffic. E.g., your broadband provider shouldn't block a content site because it competes with their cable service, or’ because they don't pay it a supplemental fee. Having that principle apply widely to the Internet is a very very good thing. The harder question is what legal rules are needed to enforce that principle. The debate right now is about the particular FCC rules adopted in 2015. The broadband companies say they like the principle, but they don't want to be classified as regulated "telecommunications services." The problem is that if the rules are repealed, the result might be no rules at all. So personally, while I didn't think the FCC had to use the particular legal approach it took, I believe they should stay in place.
Hope that clarifies things!

Me: Awesome, that does help. So in a way the current rules give some protection if the service providers did start blocking or throttling. It would give users legal ground to say, stop doing that.

Him: It gives the FCC legal ground to say, stop doing that. And users the legal ground to file a complaint with the FCC.

youtube.com/watch?v=Oj1xHy75eAU

wayne we all know you don't have any friends

Good goy

fuck you waye n

Here is proof of one friend.

>Good goy
OK, so what is the bad? What am I missing?

Eat a bag of dicks wayne.

Libertarians are under the misguided assumption that NN has anything to do with the regulations that led to the monopoly/duopolies.

You didn't know that already?

Net neutrality means that ISPs can't double-dip by making both servers and clients pay for data transfer. Or making a company pay to have its competition slowed down.

Libertarians don't learn history at all, and assume it's muh gubmint's fault if a monopoly/olygopoly exists.

It is the government's fault.

But those regulations have nothing to do with NN.

So you're saying your argument against net neutrality is "da jooz"

This is specifically about the FCC regulating it, instead of fixing it through the legislature. Do some research, fuck.

Wayne, I'm concerned for your health. You can clearly see that you've gained a lot of weight in the last year. Please get more exercise before you become the next Boogie.
Also quit being a faggot

Monopolies are natural. Failing to stop it isn't the fault of the regulatory state.

JUST

So we have a shitfling where one faction is conflating two different things to run a disinfo campaign that splinters the resistance?

Memes aside, be nice to Wayne.

He might be our oldest living meme.

nah NN is a scam. It wouldve made sense in 2004 but not anymore. Not when 60% of ALL web traffic across the world is just netflix, youtube, and facebook. Theyre less than 100 websites that make up 90% of web traffic. The internet of today is not the same as it was just 5 years ago. Down with NN. Down with WWW

it's just a question of who you do trust more, the government or corporations

>Net neutrality is the principle that network operators shouldn't discriminate unreasonably in the treatment of traffic.
If net neutrality is a principal, than we already have had it since the beginning of the internet. In the real world, Net Neutrality is legislation which gives (((bureaucrats))) more control over the internet to solve hypothetical non-existing problems that they convinced you will be a problem in the future because because "muh corporations". Most of these bureaucrats don't even know how the internet works, they just want more power and faggots like you are begging them to take it.

Wayne you look like shit

Both sides of the argument are shit. That's the final redpill. The ultimate solution is becoming your own ISP.

No one likes you, Wayne, no one!

Fucking this. Both sides are Jewish.

Basically. Net neutrality can be achieved through anti-trust laws

What regulations are in place? What exactly do they do?

lay off the burgers you fat fuck

What do the regulations currently in place do?

How's that Presidential run going, you fucking idiot?

You understand that corporations are, RIGHT NOW, extorting money from businesses to not throttle them, right?

Let's use a real example: Let's say you were using comcast (often because you don't have any options besides comcast) and you wanted to watch some netflix. Well, suck to be you, fucko. Because netflix has been repeatedly throttled by Comcast in the past, demanding that Netflix pay them more or they will shape traffic in a way to specifically harm comcast - this is called a degradation strategy and ISPs ARE doing it.

So yeah. Fuck you. It's time to codify that there is a level playing field in the law, rather than letting ISPs act as rent-seekers (on lines that your tax dollars paid for and shouldn't be held by private companies in the first place)

No they arent retards. They're under the assumption that NN won't do anything but make it more expensive and give the government anything step in the door

You fucking idiot

All this effort would be better spent locally petitioning your faggot local politicians to open up their fiefdoms, but that's not as sexy, and nobody cares about local politics

Kill yourself

>extorted
>pay for your massively increased use that's cutting into our profit, or well bring you down to the levels of other business
The funny thing is that you fags think you're fighting big business, when you're fighting for big business against big business

Net neutrality is literally just cost shifting to the consumer for the benefit of high bandwidth use companies AT BEST, and at worst will culminate in government regulation of the internet like they do in LITERALLY EVERY OTHER UTILITY

So out of 2,578 ISPs in the USA, you managed to scrape up with one single example, and you think that warrants giving (((bureaucrats))) more control over the internet?

(((Wayne)))