RECYCLE

For the love of God, please if anything, recycle plastic.

Metal and paper is negligible, but plastic is not.

>vid related

Other urls found in this thread:

liveleak.com/view?i=500_1499770798
fortune.com/2016/03/14/plastic-eating-bacteria/
nature.com/news/2011/110328/full/news.2011.191.html
treehugger.com/sustainable-product-design/recycling-is-bullshit-make-nov-15-zero-waste-day-not-america-recycles-day.html
youtube.com/watch?v=m6bPj2h2I3w
brooklynrail.org/2002/07/express/gone-tomorrow-the-hidden-life-of-garbage
youtube.com/watch?v=3Lzsu8SXaWY
youtube.com/watch?v=EJQRGt4mjzU
articles.latimes.com/2012/oct/07/local/la-me-can-fraud-20121007
news.vice.com/article/how-two-guys-may-have-pulled-off-the-biggest-recycling-scam-in-canada
slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2008/01/why_the_mafia_loves_garbage.html
nytimes.com/1990/11/28/nyregion/mob-looks-at-recycling-and-sees-green.html
slate
archive.is/VYUMf
nytimes
archive.is/xofnA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This is more the fault of companies not forking up the money to actually dispose of this waste properly as well as package it in more eco-friendly stuff.
There is a floating mass of plastic the size of the state of Texas in the Pacific Ocean right now
>ancap will defend this

>For the love of God, please if anything, recycle plastic.

It's illegal to litter most places, nobody cares. Giving money for bottle returns works great, collection rates are sky high.

More importantly you can't lecture people to do the right thing, it changes nothing. Change the incentives or the technology.

Make biodegradeable plastics standard. Most containers are overengineered for purpose.

crazy there must be 100 bottles down there, our planet is so fucked

>There is a floating mass of plastic the size of the state of Texas in the Pacific Ocean right now

At least do us all the favor of learning the difference between microplastics and that incoherent "THE WORLD IS GOING TO BE COVERED IN PLASTIC" hippy bullshit.

Not our fault Aquaman doesn't clean his yard.

America.

This "recycling" sounds okay, but it's something that liberals do, and I don't want to be a cuck, so I'm gonna go roll some coal instead.

liveleak.com/view?i=500_1499770798

Negro, that was implied. Being pedantic didn't make you look smart

If you're not an environmentalist regardless of your political leanings you should just do everyone a favor and kys yourself.

the ecosystem will adapt or we'll adapt the ecosystem soon enough for it to not be a problem.

>There is a floating mass of plastic the size of the state of Texas in the Pacific Ocean right now

Yes, sort of. Watch the documentaries on youtube, it's not a plastic island, and you can barely see any plastic in the middle of it. It's plastic particulates, and their mass is guesstimated at "the size of Texas". Which is just a lie to get headlines, nobody knows.

It's actually MORE of a problem that the plastic is degraded into small bits, because the entire food chain is impacted. Krill will eat the plastic, then small fish, then bigger fish, all the way up the chain concentrates the amount of plastic and if you catch and eat that fish you're now eating contaminated toxic fish.

This is because "plastic will never break down in the wild" is a lie, especially in water. It does break down into smaller bits, but it doesn't go away.

>This "recycling" sounds okay, but it's something that liberals do

Conservation used to be a conservative principle. God gave you this land and told you to be stewards of it, remember? You're probably too young.

I don't recycle at all. My area wants you to separate all sorts of shit and have like 4 different bins for it. I just spend the extra $2 and get another garbage sticker and it all goes in there. Aint no one got time for sorting garbage.

I only recycle aluminum, plastics, and papers. Usually boxes when it comes to papers. Only because they're accepted into 1 bin.

However, I'd go out of my way to recycle plastic desu.

>fortune.com/2016/03/14/plastic-eating-bacteria/
>nature.com/news/2011/110328/full/news.2011.191.html

nature is alwais ahead, hippies
if it's not enough, there's alwais some madman willing to play God and solve the shit you don't have the skills nor the influence to solve

That's one thing I really like in California. You have a bunch for regular trash and a bunch for general recycling that the facilities manage well. Of you want to be fancy you can get a compost bin for degradables.

That said, that type of pollution is due to fucking third worlders. Go to any fucking non Western country and just look at the shit they throw away. It's ridiculous.

There wil be entire new species that will evolve and depend on plastic in the oceans

Match Americans give the most ignorant responses.

You are an idiot. Read up on the processes used to create and reuse/recycle metals, plastics, and paper. Metals are one of the few things that recycling actually makes sense.

that seems like a job for some kind of aquatic drone.

Also there is no point in getting crazy about recycling because 95% of the world wont. Go ahead and do what you can around you after that let it go.

Honestly there will be a bacteria that can eat plastic/oil soon enough and then we are fucked. How long would that take I wonder with how often bacteria can mutant and how much plastic is around.

Recycling was a scam cooked up by corporations in the 70's when there was serious talk of forcing people to use reusable bottles. Recycling puts the liability for their polluting containers on the consumer and gives them a ritual to make them feel good about it..

>that scuba diver pretending like they're gonna pick up all those bottles just so they could virtue signal but they probably just left the bag there when they swam back up

dont forget the plastic particles bind with poisons like ddt making a toxic slurry

I throw away all my trash, I don't recycle. I know where my trash goes, it goes in a big hole in the ground called the dump, I go there every once in a while to get rid of big stuff. I'm a seven hour drive from the ocean, I doubt my Fuji bottles are going on vacation to the tropics.

Imagine all the new species of crawfish that will live in the plastic bottles. It'll be its own ecosystem. Kind of like mobile artificial reefs.

Retard.
In an ancap society the ocean would be privatized and something like dumping tons of plastic into it would be a violation of the NAP.

treehugger.com/sustainable-product-design/recycling-is-bullshit-make-nov-15-zero-waste-day-not-america-recycles-day.html

Recycling is simply the transfer of producer responsibility for what they produce to the taxpayer who has to pick it up and take it away.

Heather Rogers wrote in "Message in a bottle" about how they did this. The Keep America Beautiful campaign started a few years after the introduction of disposable bottles in the early 1950s. Soon bottles were everywhere and states were considering bans on disposables. So American Can, Owens-Illinois and Coke got together to basically invent the concept of litter. They said "packages don't litter, people do." (sound familiar?)

KAB downplayed industry's role in despoiling the earth, while relentlessly hammering home the message of each person's responsibility for the destruction of nature, one wrapper at a time. ....KAB was a pioneer in sowing confusion about the environmental impact of mass production and consumption.

Then in the 80s the industry faced another challenge; the landfill crises that led to recycling. Heather Rogers writes:

"All this eco-friendly activity put business and manufacturers on the defensive. With landfill space shrinking, new incinerators ruled out, water dumping long ago outlawed and the public becoming more environmentally aware by the hour, the solutions to the garbage disposal problem were narrowing. Looking forward, manufacturers must have perceived their range of options as truly horrifying: bans on certain materials and industrial processes; production controls; minimum standards for product durability."

>have to sort myself
>have to take tops off water bottles
>used to get paid for it but now my tax money pays for it and they're picky about their free raw materials now
Into the trash can it goes.

If I start recycling divers would have nothing to do but paddle around looking at fish all day.

>be huge-ass zaibatsu
>dump plastic in the sea
>people get pissy
>provide compensation slightly lower than the cost of processing garbage
>keep dumping

Quality post user
Bump

seriously recycle plastic, german cucks need cheap clothes

Now we just need to play good and make bacteria or a series of bacteria that turn plastic into long chain hydrocarbons using sunlight as one of the energy sources

refillable bottle, drinking from a bottle some user used several years to collect his piss

Look at me. I'm part of the ecosystem now

fuck mandatory recycling, it means i have to have plastic bottles, cans, and a bin full of rotting food lingering around for ages

i am researching the opposite of this actually, using bacteria to create plastics from oil spills

sounds like a third world problem
youtube.com/watch?v=m6bPj2h2I3w
>vid related, first world recycle collection

But the world is already covered in plastic. Where the fuck do you think it all goes? Into landfills, or into the oceans. How is caring about the only planet we have ever known or will likely have in our life times hippy bullshit?

Don't you get it, you fucking retard? If we keep treating the planet like a trash can, it will kill all of us. 99 percent of all the life that has ever been is extinct, and we will join them if we don't wise the fuck up. Civilizations in the past have perished because their environment was devoid of resources or was too toxic to live in, and it seems that we are going to join the list of those civilizations because of our own short sighted greed.

Honestly, it's all fucking dust in the wind. It's likely far too late. Barely 300 years of industrialization and the planet has never been more polluted, billions of species have gone extinct, and for most on the first world not a care in the world. We are mentally ill, and there is going to be a big price to pay when the cheap oil runs out.

We've had it so good for so long we have truly forgotten what it is to truly struggle.

That's bretty good. Can u talk about it?

unless that's auto-sorting the waste i don't see the relevance

Funny thing is, that we all could throw our trash in the same bin, since the companies have machines to separate the trash. Often they throw the trash in the same truck anyway. When I visited the UK, it was even worse then here. You have packages where the lit can not be thrown in the recycle bin but the rest of the package can. Both was plastic. Absolutely mental.

recycling is bullshit
aluminum on the other hand is worth $$$
save your cans and exchange them for ca$h

Honestly, no, not really, but i can tell you it holds very good promise and hopefully will be viable within 10-15 years assuming there are no major ecological implications (which so far it's looking like none, assuming you harvest the bacteria once they are filled with plastics)

technically it is, they auto sort it at the plant.

again, we're talking about first world versus third world here.

brooklynrail.org/2002/07/express/gone-tomorrow-the-hidden-life-of-garbage

Convenience packaging, disposable items, built-in obsolescence, and the landfill precipitated nothing less than an ideological and economic restructuring of garbage from a messy resource to live and work with into something bad and untouchable that must disappear. In fact this cultural shift even involved direct education of the public: for example, one double page ad in a 1948 issue of the San Francisco Examiner exhorted housewives to buy new “no deposit no return” glass bottles.

But pretty soon people began to question this logic. In the early 1950s, “ban the can” and “bottle bill” movements emerged in response to the growing marketing of single use containers. Vermont led the way. In 1953, as the beverage container industry started promoting disposable bottles and cans, the Vermont legislature outlawed these nuisances altogether. State lawmakers were concerned with the effects of littler on the landscape and the concomitant impact on tourism in the Green Mountain State.

Yep, let's just keep polluting the planet. Surely that can't go wrong or there won't be any effects down the road. You fucking faggots always talk about 'muh family muh white race', but you're going to leave the planet a literal trash can for your children or grand children. Fuck you, and fuck everyone like you.

Industry reacted swiftly: within months they had confected a lavishly funded non-profit called Keep America Beautiful (KAB); it was the first of the great green-washing corporate fronts. Readers will no doubt recall its mawkish public service announcement featuring the buckskin-clad Native American, Iron Eyes Cody, riding horseback through a wrapper- and can-strewn landscape as he shed a single tear. These ads centered on one of KAB’s most important cultural inventions: litter as a nationally recognized political category. Just prior to KAB’s formation, the Pennsylvania Resource Council, a pet project of Lady Bird Johnson, had conjured forth the villainous “litterbug” who selfishly deposited his refuse willy-nilly. This cultural motif—of wrappers adrift in the wind—was borrowed with permission by KAB and transformed into a stand-in for all other environmental problems.

KAB’s strategy was to shift the emerging environmental discourse away from industry’s massive and super toxic despoiling of the environment and to focus it instead on the rather irrelevant issue of litter. The central trope in this propaganda battle was individual responsibility: Slogans like “People start pollution, people can stop it,” and “Don’t be a litterbug,” exemplified this political miniaturization of environmental pollution.

At the same time KAB’s corporate backers, the beverage container industry, heavily lobbied Vermont’s legislators to overturn the ’53 ban, and threw its weight behind candidates across the country who would not restrict the production and distribution of disposable packaging. Their strategy worked. Vermont’s lawmakers let the ban expire four years later, and 15 more years passed before any state adopted laws limiting disposable containers.

Recycling is bait. Reusable containers were/are the real redpill.

youtube.com/watch?v=3Lzsu8SXaWY

For every 1 white person who 'doesn't litter', there are 100 brown-skinned retards who throw their wrappers on the ground and toss their bottles over the nearest fence.

I see it every day in this shithole. Trash everywhere. Everybody just throws their trash on the ground. It's so disgusting.

Seems to me that not littering is common sense, since who wants to live in a garbage dump, right? Well subhumans don't care. They have the brains of dogs. They don't think, they merely exist.

So, keep white lands trash free?

Why do you care about shitskin lands?

>the clean up people are never black

yeah it's like that. plastic bottles go in the recycling but plastic lids go in the rubbish. glass goes in the recycling but the lid goes in the rubbish. cans go in the recycling, as do foil trays for pies etc. food goes in the little food waste bin which is usually kept in your kitchen because british houses are tiny, and it fucking stinks because it's full of rotting food.

it's all a huge pain in the ass and the rubbish just piles up near the sink because you have to clean every bottle and jar before putting it in the (usually overflowing) recycling box. but hey, at least you don't have to remove the labels.

The First Great Arrogance is to think that it doesn't matter that we interfere with the planet.

The Second Great Arrogance is to think that the planet is doomed due to our interference, and we need to interfere more to prevent this.

Earth will still be here a few billion years from now, doing fine, with other species.

Went to cuba last year and took a scuba excursion. There was a fuck load of cans and bottles there, all because the locals or some other shitskins are throwing them right in the ocean when there are garbage bins every 10m. They take cans and bottles in the water and throw them there when done, fucking disgusting pests.

while i agree with your second sentence, recycling is not "bait", especially not metal/glass recycling, which is pretty economical. The recycling industry is equally as corruptible as other industries though, it's not immune to that.

i've got a bad feeling about this

Aluminum recycling is the only recycling which doesn't consume more energy than it takes in. All others are mafia tier scams which pollute the planet even worse.

cleaning up an interference doesnt necessarily imply more interference. But often times it does.
>Earth will still be here a few billion years from now, doing fine, with other species.
see you saying that doesnt mean it's true. and even if it does, we should make sure humans are able to be supported and not just extremophile bacteria.

watch it senpai, it's pretty comfy

>Volunteer clean up waste
>take it recycle faciltiy
>recycle facility ships it to China and cashes government check
>China facility dumps it into ocean
>Volunteer clean up waste

That is the problem with recycling at home.
It is just not worth it for the most part to seperate the trash. Seperating sure makes sense because it is worth a lot of money and sometimes even paper. Other things usually land together in one bin even if seperating trash is mandatory. People just have no incetive to seperate apart from being a "law obiding" citizen wich is no real incentive at all.

What adds to this problem is that seperating the trash often consumes a lot of time because the packaging consists out of multiple materials that are hard to seperate.

I choose not to recycle because thats what the jews and leftists are telling me to do and fuck that. The government will come up with some way to dispose of plastic and other non-recyclables in my lifetime so I'm not worried.

>All others are mafia tier scams which pollute the planet even worse.
imma need a source on that, and even if they do pollute "more" than creating a brand new product, the original material is still recycled, meaning new material doesnt need to be produced.
>Aluminum recycling is the only recycling which doesn't consume more energy than it takes in.
it's not only a matter of energy in-energy out, but efficient use of energy. even if more energy was expended to recycle, it may mean less overall energy expenditure from mining the material, transporting the material, processing, ect. either way, less overall material is needed since it is being reused

Disagree, I don't care about the rest of humanity beyond my family and friends and extended "part of my tribe"-people, and definitely not about humans a million years from now (if there even are any, and if they can still be called humans).

Humans are extremely adaptive, they'll always find a way to survive.

Idk how it works in the EU, but 90% of recycling centers in the USA auto separate.

Daily reminder that microplastics will never leave the environment and are impossible to clean up. They will poison the planet forever.

We have already destroyed Earth. All for cheap consumer shit.

I pray for total death.

No way bro, god put plastic on this earth for a reason. Fuck the ecosystem and all creatures that inhabit it except me.

Go back to the animal boar, you hippie pinko commie scum

Went to cuba 2 year ago and was surprised that such a poor shit tier country could produce so much trash.
I guess part of that attitude comes from the fact that the people don't own the land and therefor don't really give a shit how it looks like.

oh so you're just saying that out of a place of emotion, not fact or logic. You dont care therefor who cares.

>Humans are extremely adaptive, they'll always find a way to survive.
again, just saying that doesnt make it true, but i hope it is.

Because it all flows into the ocean.

>hurr durr i can't into chemistry and earth cycles

Do you declare your allegiance to the USA and Taiwan in defending the South Asian Sea?

Capitalism
Not even once

youtube.com/watch?v=EJQRGt4mjzU

I don't get this. I mean, every dayy these people have to see the garbage they've thrown everywhere and it doesn't bother them? Like, are they okay seeing their kids play in trash heaps? Do they have no sense of natural beauty that seeing it spoiled doesn't register with them at all?

I've never thrown anything plastic away like that. I've never seen any white do it either. Maybe this is just one more thing we should blame niggers for. Places tend to get really messy once they show up, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is all their fault.

You might care, but it doesn't matter whether you care or not, so why expend the energy and worry for nothing?

Sooner or later, the story of Humanity will end, whether that's a century from now in a nuclear space war, or in a quatrillion years when the stars run out, it doesn't matter in the slightest to you and me and our own lives. You might as well worry about life in Andromeda. It has no impact on your own existence.

>provide compensation
what a great business model you surely wont be out competed by someone that uses that money on R&D of a way to dump that doesnt result in lawsuit after lawsuit

it's an ancap argument - whose are the oceans? Not enough property rights. I find it baffling in 21st century that you morons can't figure out who is polluting YOUR oceans. W8, they aren't yours. Fucking buy them retards if you care. And no, I do not consider plastic a danger, leave it on sun for a year or two it disintegrates into elements. Cityflolks are retarded by default in these cases. Just got rifd of a hickup by drinking water from the opposite side of the glass in curl pose - one day you'll thank me for that advice. No, plastic isn't dangerous, lack of property right's is
t. ancap, former ancap tobe precise

>god created humans
>humans crated plastic
>plastic destroys the planet

in the end, god only used us to destroy earth.

Yeah thats another point. Machines are much more effective at seperating trash than humans.
The recyling process is a county issue at least in germany. Most counties have like 4-5 different bins.
But because people don't really care about seperating their trash some counties take all the trash throw it in one big pot and seperate it by machine.
The plastic usually gets burned.

Even worse then I remember. We have this annoying "Pfandystem", meaning we have to bring certain bottles and cans back to the shop and receive a little bit of money back. This deposit has been payed to the shop in advance by the customer, me. It is so fucking annoying. A soda can is like 0,25€ extra.

>there are people on Sup Forums that will defend this

Sup Forums, yes!

>A soda can is like 0,25€ extra
Lard ass, stop drinking the sugar jew. Fructose goes straight to fat you fucking moron. There is NOTHING your body can do about it except after serious workout - then some of it goes to glycogene.

>You might care, but it doesn't matter whether you care or not, so why expend the energy and worry for nothing?
Mainly technology advancement and jobs, recycling provides a lot of jobs and research.

your logic could be extended to a point where you could question the point of existence, but im not one to do that, i like living and making my own sense of purpose

The only good thing about is that it makes homeless people work for their money.

I do recycle though. I recycle tons of glass and plastic.

Mafia is all over recycling all over the world. It's a great way to scam taxpayers out of that subsidized money.

articles.latimes.com/2012/oct/07/local/la-me-can-fraud-20121007

news.vice.com/article/how-two-guys-may-have-pulled-off-the-biggest-recycling-scam-in-canada

slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2008/01/why_the_mafia_loves_garbage.html

nytimes.com/1990/11/28/nyregion/mob-looks-at-recycling-and-sees-green.html

Changing with the times, some garbage haulers and processors with longtime links to organized crime are recasting themselves as recycling outfits, more sensitive and attuned to the environment.

"Some of the same bad people that have been in waste hauling are moving in the direction of recycling, because it's a logical next step," said Steven Madonna, the Environmental Prosecutor for New Jersey. "It's a question of where you can make your most money."

But the greening of the mob, say officials who have tracked recent developments in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, is mostly cosmetic.

So in New Jersey, the owners of a garbage-brokering business who had been charged with bribery, racketeering and illegal dumping, founded a new company in Newark that ran a new, unlicensed dump -- they called it Hub Recycling Inc.

Two months ago, Eddie Garafola, a business associate of the Newark recyclers who had pleaded guilty to racketeering, was found shot in the head, the victim of a gangland slaying, the New York police said.

You forgot to archive it

>slate com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2008/01/why_the_mafia_loves_garbage.html
archive.is/VYUMf
>nytimes com/1990/11/28/nyregion/mob-looks-at-recycling-and-sees-green.html
archive.is/xofnA

American wildlife. Beautiful.

Dude, plastic "disintegrates" into worst toxins possible, and all that enters the water and soil and from that - food. Food you eat. My mind is blown that all the world's knowledge is at the palm of our hands, and yet there are still people too dumb to care about ecology.

What do you think about feasibility for the opposite?

pls be my gues what is it turning into that is so poisonous?

from now on i will throw all my plastics in the sea

i already mentioned how the recycling industry is prone to corruption same as any. And it was ripe for it since the regulations were low. That doesnt mean the concept of recycling is flawed, but clearly yes there is a flaw on the system.

>former ancap
now facist or what?

I would usually pass on asking questions from people but since you're a burger I have to ask: You seriously think plastic has been here for thousands of years?

He got chemotherapy and rid himself of brain cancer