What's the political reason for Britain having so many unique accents?

What's the political reason for Britain having so many unique accents?

>Scottish
>Irish
>Welsh
>Cornwall
In contrast Burger accents are all pretty much the same

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yinz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

In Medieval Europe the average peasant didn't travel, so communities developed dialects far more independently than they do these days.

Have you even traveled burgerlandia?

Yeah

this
also ur wrong tho, there are at least 4 different ways that white Americans talk

I hear y'all ain't never been to Texas.

>New York accent
>Texas accent
>Boston accent
etc etc

American accents have only normalized into one broad accent across most of the country since the time of the television/radio. Before that, accents were much more distinctive, with old timers down here in the South, for example, sounding MUCH thicker than younger folk, and their parents sounding different even moreso.

Have you ever been to the bayou before? Swamp speak is nothing like any other accent in America.

Each accent was formed overtime due to different lenghts regarding their eternal buckteeth

You've also got dat dere Chicaego accent.

And yes it's real, about two months ago I was around someone visiting from Chicago and noticed it.

There is a sort of "null" accent, and Hugh Laurie nailed it so hard that I watched it for six months before I realized he was that pouf guy from Blackadder.

Here you go.

>In contrast Burger accents are all pretty much the same- 7 posts and 2 image replies shown.
wrong as shit. travel the country user, you'll hear all sorts of amazing regional accents that you never realized existed. for example, out here in the Midwest, we say "bolth" instead of "both" (though it's context-dependent), "tuh" instead of "to", "kin" instead of "can", "DIH-furnt" instead of "different", "fruniture" instead of "furniture", and this is just the tip of the iceberg.

also why use vowels when you can just use more apostrophes?

>>Texas accent
Even in Texas there are multiple accents. There's a distinct accent in East Texas, and even Dallas is will sound different from west Texas. People in Central Texas can also get some influence from the Mexican population, with with I call the San Antonio accent, one feature of which is a terminal plural S will be pronounced as an unvoiced S, not a voiced Z.

Can confirm, y'all'd've is definitely a thing.

Upper Peninsula Michigan has the "yoopers" (guess where that name came from) who sound more like a stereotypical Canadian accent than most Canadians do. (I remember on the Bobby's World cartoon, Bobby's mom had a yooper accent, doncha know eh?)

also I don't know shit about California aside from the fact that I hate it but a white Mexican Jew I know who comes from the San Diego area says "FOE'werd" instead of "forward"

and I just learned a few months ago that some Pennsylvanians wholly unironically say "yinz" as a second-person plural pronoun: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yinz
>The following therefore is the most likely path from you ones to yinz: you ones [juː wʌnz] > you'uns [juːʌnz] >youns [juːnz] > yunz [jʌnz] > yinz [jJ̈nz]. Because there are still speakers who use each form,[2] there is no stable second-person plural pronoun form in southwest or central Pennsylvania—which is why this pronoun is variably referred to or spelled as you'uns, y'ins, y'uns, yunz, yuns, yinz, yenz, yins or ynz.

build wall

and let's not forget about "NOR' de-KOUU-ta" and "MIH' ne-SOUU-ta"

>Thinking Bostonian, South Carolianian, and Minnesotan accents sound even remotely similar

Just listen to LSU Head Coach Ed Oregeron. I

American education, ladies and gentlemen

This. OP obviously has never traveled around the States.

French people just have north, middle, or south accents though from what French people have told me. I don't know about Germans, Nords or anyone else though.

Yeah I've noticed a fair few different ones.

Don't think it's political also you missed

>Northern (Lancs and York)
>Scouse
>Geordie
>Brummie

It's because various groups of invaders have all fucked us over at some point.

France also had a very aggressive policy regarding other dialects.

>Ulster Scots

You do realise that this is a late 20th Century invention?