youtube.com/watch?v=uA69MLQQeck
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Honourable Veteran of the Inner Space Program

Shroompilled himself into oblivion

Great man.

>man

>hurr durr magic mushroom make me smert

he's degenerate

shroom use gave him brain cancer, dont do shrooms the spores will grow in your brain and you will die too

Thats the whole point of shrooming you faggot

Mushroom Gnosis Channeler.

>'Anyone I don't like is DEGENERATE'
fucking idiot

Love him. He wasn't /ourguy/ but he was pretty smart and his lectures are incredibly interesting.

I agree with his disdain for the supremacy of the scientific perspective and little else. No one really knows what reality is, data is as fallible as the senses, objectivity doesn't exist and technologhy doesn't necessarily make our lives better.

Its possible. even most people I like are degenerates

>technologhy doesn't necessarily make our lives better.

It truly does when it's run by multi-dimensional machine elves

who?

Well I guess then you have to pose yourself a question and maybe take back a little from the opposing side. Psychedelic Drugs are not justifiably subject to pseudo-nazi bullshit. You want to get real into Nazism, take the Psychedelic Road. You'll be more surprised than you'd think.

I put on his lectures when I'm trying to go to sleep. He's got one of those voices. Otherwise he was a sharp guy that influenced a lot of people and had a lot of admirers, but someone didn't accomplish anything of note.

Reality is perceptual experience. It's very much a psychic phenomenon which is why psychology is important. Pic related it's Carl Jungs model of the human psyche

I think the machine elves are just a crappy metaphor that represents the power of language to shape our view of reality.

I certainly have the experienced the "Naked Ape" phenomena on Psilocybin Mushrooms. Very beautiful. Human beings have no idea what they're in for haha.

Great psytrance vocalist

lol I hated that he did that.

There are a lot of defective and degenerate humans making this process much harder than it needs to be. ANTIFA and BLM come to mind. Postmodernism is mental illness

I agree with you in many ways. Basically postmodernism, and it's aesthetics, are largely based off of Jewish input and their experiences of the Holocaust. It's an illusory event in history, so as you can only imagine our postmodern aesthetic tastes are based off of lies, misunderstanding, and ultimately illusion. Sad thing. I'm sure good things will come though.

CrEaTe YoUr OwN CuLtURe

He looks weird

Drug abuse degenerates your health. It isn't great standard set for society.

(Joe inhales) "Apparently when people were still apes they found these mushrooms growing under cow turds..."

A very intelligent, learned, and great orator. Very interesting take on a lot of topics. Not always right, but if your interested in things like Alchemy, Philosophy, Psychedelics, and History he can be a great listen.

I remember reading about his brother Dennis saying Terence once had taken too many mushrooms, and had a horrible trip. Terence was too afraid to take mushrooms again after that point. It's funny, a man that is such a huge proponent of mushrooms even to the end would never openly tell you he was too chicken shit to take them again after a really difficult trip.
Brilliant, don't get me wrong. He's just one of those take what you can, and throw away the rest kind of people. There are much more consistent people out there to look up to.

I must say though I honestly believe that the fire that happened at his personal library shortly after his death had everything to do with the fact he created a computer program that could predict the fucking future.

I think the Timewave was a little mislead, but I'm sure he could have gotten away with taking mushrooms a few more times before his death. That harmful experience happened also right before he got famous. But yeah the thing that bothers me most about psychedelic advocates (me being one) is that they almost never acknowledge those who take a bad hit of "acid" and are stuck in that bad trip for the rest of their lives. HPPD and psychedelic-induced schizophrenia does exist, and not just from fake acid, from the mainstream psychedelics as well. The shorter the time that Psychedelic Advocates start to address this, the shorter of time it will take to cure it.

bump.

I'm not too sure. I think you fuck up your brain if you keep on doing 5gs, 6gs, 7gs of shrooms or if you continue taking upwards of 400mg of LSD or if you hammer your brain with research chemicals.

Doing LSD, and Psilocybin every now and then maybe every 4 months and never going over 3.5gs of shrooms or 3 tabs of LSD is probably the secret to living the most fulfilling life.

>abuse is bad

wow you are smart

probably because of your refrain from using drugs

He had the greatest vocabulary of any English speaker to have existed. He also got a chick to smoke DMT with him on their first date. That's 100 proof bad ass right there.

Something. I think 3-10 times a year would be ideal. But I took 4 hits my first time of 25I-NBOMe that I thought was LSD and I haven't recovered yet, but I'm almost there. That was 3 years ago.

I love how the mention of drugs drops the IQ of whoever hear it by a gazillion points.

>Thoughs on this guy?

he worked for the FBI

>He had the greatest vocabulary of any English speaker to have existed.

That's actually true.

Yeah man don't fuck with 25-I. If it's not LSD, shrooms, mescaline or DMT I wouldn't do it.

Dude I didn't mean to. I thought it was LSD. Should have known by the metallic taste that it wasn't.

He's wrong about almost everything, but he's extremely entertaining. All his talks are up on youtube and he has a strangely hypnotic voice combine with neat esoteric topics which always make for a good listening experience.

Maybe true for this past century. It used to be normal to have a real education and know how to write prose, though it's easy to forget that with where we are today.

Checked

Nice contribution to the thread. Any other shining pearls of wisdom to impart?

W-what are we in for?

If you're serious, a lot of beautiful stuff.

I really do like him but I can't help but notice a lot of the stuff he said is agreeing with what the leftists. So in a way he's like a crypto liberal because he's the only one I can stand listening to, basically any other regular leftists even if they are saying same things I would immediately say >dropped.

What happened next?

You'll appreciate the amount of thought the creator put into this world. I lost all conception of what humans worry about. We stress over too much and forget the beauty, symmetry, and completeness of the world.

Yeah I get that but there are easy ways to tell if it's LSD or not like the metallic bitter taste or with a kit. Glad to hear you're almost done recovering from it though. Stay safe.

Pls tell

Still can't tell if you're serious, but I was placed in the middle between the Masculine and Feminine Archetypes. I don't think I want to go further into it than that.

Thanks man.

Super stoner, pseudoscience.
Bill Hicks the scientist.
That said he has amazing trip journals and helped popularize DMT.
Cool guy but will never be taken seriously in mainstream.

>(((multi-dimensional machine elves)))

YES DUDE HOLY SHIT THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! I've been trying to tell others about how when you do psychedelics like lsd or shrooms you look at the world through your soul and not your human ego/personality. Your soul is complete, both ying and yang. Men are Yang they're the ones that do and act. Women are Ying they're the ones that respond to actions. But your soul is complete and you get a weird understanding of both man and woman. You just have a weird way of looking at the world it's unfamiliar because you're not normally in tune with your feminine nature as a man and not in tune with your masculinity as a woman.

I agree, lots of pseudoscience, but he has some good ideas that venture outside the realms of scientifically and culturally-led illusions and assumptions. Just like any mainstream psychedelic.

In terms of his understanding of psychedelics and a bit of human consciousness, he's incredibly intelligent. I think he does a good job of describing the psychedelic experience to those who may not have experienced it before.

His book on "Stoned Ape" theory is interesting. Something worth considering, but nothing that can be guaranteed or for sure quantified.

They're a pretty accurate description of the DMT entities. What those actually are... who knows? Demons, angels, spirits, higher states of being? Or they could just be all illusions in someone's consciousness... although many share the same or similar experiences with no prior knowledge of those entities. That's what makes the machine elves interesting.

This wasn't LSD or Psilocybin Mushrooms. This was 25I-NBOMe. It was a terrible and horrifying experience. Still haven't separated myself from the trauma yet. The Satan Perception is not something to take lightly.

For anyone interested, here's a story from one of his trips: youtube.com/watch?v=tL-33CuV5jo

Isn't unity with the Female and Male Archetypes something we are supposed to strive for? Did you experience some sort of absence in your gender?

i've dabbled in psychedelics quite often and i've never had this masculine/feminine experience you two talk about, but psychedelics are unpredictable as fuck. anything can happen.

i don't think psychedelics are spiritual and have nothing to do with betterment of the "soul". for me, all it proved is that reality is ultimately subjective. if a chemical compound could make me see, feel and hear things that weren't there, then how do i know that anything i experience is real? psychedelics are a mindfuck that more people need desu.

Absolutely to the first question. This was a challenge where I had to choose one or the other. It was terrible.

>weren't there

Ah I understand a little more now.

perhaps strive for, but not reach.
We are mortal and limited creatures, and that is by design. Grasping is man's fundamental nature. Thus a wise man knows his limitations and makes peace with them, exploring inwards rather than outwards, accepting his nature rather than struggling in futility to defy it.

like i said, anything can happen on psychedelics.

Hehehehehehe.

Overall, I like him. I think hes somewhat of an idealist, but I hope that one day we are able to live in the kind of world that he wanted, even if its in the far future.

He correctly diagnosed modern culture as a sham and a fraud, but I don't think that criticism extends to all culture as such.

Other than that, good dude, I bet he would have been absolutely fascinating conversation in person.

Nope. Its not a metaphor. Smoke DMT and you'll see. Call them what you want, but there are definitely "things" that you meet while you're in that space.

True, but HPPD comes on a spectrum. I did a pretty significant amount of psychedelics when I was younger, I see smoke/visual snow all the time now and trailers when I get tired, but thats about all in terms of long term effects.

Hes not a real "leftist" though. He seems to have had a real disdain for hippie culture, and certainly felt that Marxists, etc, were just different symptoms of the same cultural problem. He VERY loosely identified himself as an anarchist.

He didn't disdain the scientific perspective. He disdained the reductionist materialist worldview which dominates the scientific perspective.

mtf tranny. I personally feel like this.
Psychedelics should be legal.

A great teacher. Wish I could have attended one of his talks. Thank you Terence, you'll always be my friend.

Once I've baked my brain inside another universe and I've enjoyed this video pretty much:

youtube.com/watch?v=8RaeaNNt3lo

I've always been impressed by just how much Mckennas talks change when I'm really stoned. I'll listen to them sober and think they're cool but stoned I'll be blown away. He has some really interesting theories.

Right but one example of some of the stuff he repeated in different lectures:
>Thousands of years of male dominated culture has proven that it is toxic and destroying the earth therefore we should all use drugs to get back to a matriarchal polygamous culture like it was before and drugs dissolve the ego which says "my children", "my wife", "my property".
But it's interesting that a few times he described his girlfriends along the lines of not very bright they would just go along with whatever he wanted, so there's that at least it seems that he wasn't in a femdom type relationship.
In several recordings of his lectures he says he
>prefers to do Q&A and has some women ask questions because he doesn't like to be the white male at the front of the room just talking and everybody listening.

There's a second part to that too:
youtube.com/watch?v=uA69MLQQeck

Yeah, to an extent he was certainly a product of his environment, but I think a certain amount of that was also a deep contrarianism from his youth. He said something like his redneck dad hated blacks and reading and jazz music so Terence one day decided to flip the script and embrace all of the "taboo" from his little Colorado town as an act of defiance. I personally think he would have gotten a good laugh at the state of the left today.

It was more socially acceptable to be pc at that time. He just saw all the hypocrisy and wanted it ended. That was the 90's. Like he said: He obviously would be astounded at the left these days. He would be very saddened.

When a dude in his basement uses mathematics to predict raw data output from experiments done decades later on different geographical places some even in deep space... yea I can't say anymore that the scientific perspective is not the most superior tool to probe reality that we have right now.

>I became a fag

>avoid all risks so you can make it safely to death
We all die, user.

haha. word, he's been in hundreds of tracks over the years.

Beautiful, brilliant bard.
Sure, he was wrong on certain social matters, had some misguided opinions, and let people take him more seriously than they should have on some points. But he was one of the most talented orators and story-tellers of the modern era. A pure and total genius with words, and spontaneous generator of the trippiest ideas and inspiring insights on Earth.
If one is an intelligent intellectual psychonaut or psychedelics enthusiast, one should definitely try to absorb as many hours of Terrence material as they can. And there are hundreds available in online archives.

I think 5 dried grams is over-hyped. I found out yeas ago that taking 20-30 grams is really where it's at. Repeated experience many times. Wayyyy way different (and more healing and interesting) than just 5 dried grams.
(Although I would only recommend to those who are already experienced at 5g).

>We all die, user.
delet this, my mom will live forever

Stoned Ape theory is interesting but I am sure its wrong

cuddles trees, alright by me.

He was a true genius. There's something about idea generation - it's either a good idea or a bad idea, and so over the course of a person's life they have a stat that tracks the ratio of good to bad. Terence might have been beyond the beyond in some instances, but for the most part he talks a lot of truth. His lectures on hermeticism, alchemy, Gnosticism, etc are all a treat. I spent a few months listening to his recordings, over and over, and then I got into watch the actual videos on youtube. I clicked one and it was his last interview. Cancer-stricken, gaunt, I almost started crying. At that point he had become a mentor or family and so to see him in that state was difficult. I wish he would become successful with the future generations.