US debt reaching 20 trillion dollars

>US debt reaching 20 trillion dollars
>US GDP is 18.5 trillion
>Government programs becoming more expensive to run
>Labor force shrinking as boomers retire to live off of tax paying programs

How is this system supposed to be sustainable?
The only option is for the Fed to keep overprinting money and hope no country ditches the petrodollar

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p5Ac7ap_MAY
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Japan has 200% Debt to GDP and they are fine.

GDP isn't a good metric for debt comparison.

The entire design of the Fed was meant from the beginning to eventually blow up.

>supposed to be sustainable
please quote a time anyone who matters said it was

The only thing propping up the American economy is the fact that the world trades oil in USD. If they switched to other currencies which may or may not happen than the US will get hit by a wave of hyperinflation that will send it into Weimar Republic era

It is okay it was designed to fail.
Revolution to follow.

youtube.com/watch?v=p5Ac7ap_MAY

keep telling us that schlomo

It hasn't been sustainable if our lifetimes. That was the point. They want to bring down the US and our naive boomer parents let them.

>The only option is for the Fed to keep overprinting money and hope no country ditches the petrodollar

Yes, now you know why things are happening the way that they are.

Boom and bust cycles don't matter to the ruling elites like it does us. They benefit from it in some ways if they play it right. It's not supposed to be sustainable and we will all be screwed given enough time.

Just gotta Ride the Tiger, shit's gonna bottom out sooner or later.

we're one of few countries with debt denominated in our own currency, if it becomes worthless, so too will the debt.

it's not like america is known for keeping stockpiles of cash in its own currency. i think the only company known to really do that in mass is Apple and that was years ago, i havent followed up and don't know if they still do that.

if the dollar became worth a penny, 20 trillion would become 200 billion, a pittance.

What happens in a hypothetical scenario where the US pays off all its debt

Does it become a super country in which it buys every one if its citizens houses and cars or what

It's not and it's being replicated throughout the West. In 10-15 years there will be another crash and shit is going to go down

T-Trump will lower the debt by lowering taxes on the rich and substantially raising the military budget

I-It's part of his 4D chess

debt is a meme

As long as oil is traded in the dollar and the US can back up its treats with violence the system will work just fine. We have more than enough oil to last my lifetime so that is something to look forward to.

I don't envy the world of our children

>Drumpftards constantly shit on Obama for raising the debt
>Now that their God Emperor is raising it they don't care

partisan over principles

This.
Only Congress may coin and regulate America's currency. The Federal Reserve is a private bank designed to drain America of its wealth and bankrupt it so they can buy up everything for pennies and own the entire country.
Unfortunately for them they haven't succeeded in taking the guns from everyone so everything is going to get very violent.

Much of that debt is to the citizens and structured in a way that it will be paid back over time.

Hypothetically we could set aside cash to pay it off at the intervals set, but that would be a bit absurd as the interest rates are incredibly low, and the dollar is one of the worst depreciating investments one could own.

The labor force won't shrink. Dems will flood the country with brown people and Muslims before that happens

Huh. I was genuinely curious as to what happens if a country pays off all it's debt. Would it be like you or me having no debt? I doubt it works the same between federal debt and personal debt

You go from a debtor nation to a creditor nation.

One mistake was letting women into the work force.

>labor force shrinking

THERE ARE 150 MILLION GEN Z AND MILLENNIAL PEOPLE AND ONLY 74 MILLION BOOMERS

THE LABOR FORCE IS NOT FUCKING SHRINKING

We don't have to pay it.

The debt was not created by us.

There is No contract.

No consideration was given to the unborn

We have a gorillion aircraft carriers no one can ever stop us

There are a variety of technicalities by which they could decide that you are still on the hook for it anyway. It gets even more Jewy than sovereign citizen stuff. In the end, I'd say it's more like the debt that can't be repaid won't be repaid. And whoever has the monopoly on enforcement will have the ultimate say in what happens after.