Ha Ha what now climate change deniers...

Ha Ha what now climate change deniers? Because of greedy idiotic pollution caused by first worlders and Drumpf the oceans are going to rise and kill us all

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permian–Triassic_extinction_event
science.sciencemag.org/content/338/6105/366.full
pnas.org/content/early/2017/07/05/1704949114
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

habbakuk it

imagine this patrolling northern waters, powered by a city-sized nuclear reactor crewed by an entire civilization.

Who says that isn't happening now? There could be while Berg civilizations lead by Nazis.

they'd show up on satellite imaging. people would see them. we'd talk about the mysterious northern ice cities and there would be a picture of one that gets threads deleted.

id rather drown that have land border with sweden

What is this picture showing? If you are getting wet over part of the ice sheet breaking off, that is a natural occurrence with snow falling -> creating new ice -> pushes old ice into the sea.

Since the ice shelf is already floating, its departure from Antarctica will not affect global sea levels. But a number of glaciers discharge onto it from the lands behind the ice shelf, and may now flow faster due to the loss of support from the ice shelf. If all the ice that the Larsen C shelf currently holds back were to enter the sea, it is estimated that global waters would rise by 10 cm (4 in). As a side effect it will make America smaller again.

Except that ice shelf was already submerged in the water and most of it will stay in the antarctic ocean soooo
the ocean hasn't risen, nor will it

Can't we colonize it and declare pre independence as the drifting nation of Kekberg? Or is that name too jewish?

What are you talking about? Gas yourself, you Untermensch.

Its more of a natural occurence than something that was caused by global warming you dumb fuck.
Check the actual data on global warming and the paris agreement. Its absolutely retarded.

>the oceans are going to rise and kill us all
as long as that includes scum like you, I'm fine with that

>Ha Ha what now climate change deniers?
To be fair, the climate of Antarctica is probably one of the least-human affected. It makes a great alarm-bell, but I'm not actually aware of a solid connection between human-forcings and the Larson C collapse.

>Except that ice shelf was already submerged in the water and most of it will stay in the antarctic ocean soooo
That's a misunderstanding.
The piece of the ice shelf that broke away was floating, but having it attached to Antarctica help block ice on land from flowing into the ocean. This breakup will DEFINITELY contribute to sea-level rise.

>Check the actual data on global warming[], Its absolutely retarded.
Yeah, no.

Of course the sea level rises because of that.
But the effect we have on global warming is laughable. Check global temp stats that go back a few hundred or thousand years, its a natural occurence and completly normal.
Fucking gullible retards, man bear pig anyone?

It's a Christian country called Frostyland.

Can you claim icebergs as derelict sea vessels?

funny that even the fucking scientists are saying this is not from global warming. for fucks sakes even the msm is saying its not global warming.

Only coastal cucks will die, my state will become beach front

I did.

Now I just need to find a way to place a flag on it and keep the the ice pack from drifting too far north and not too far south.

I would use solar and wind energy sources to power Frostyland.

when you look, the human contribution is actually >100%. In the matter of a few decades, we've gone past the full temperature range of the Holocene (the last 10.000 years during which human civilization developed).

It's also pretty much unheard of that CO2 concentrations shoot up that way in the matter of a century.
It's heard to find a precedent for something like that anywhere in the geologic record.

Even prominent singular events like the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum didn't experience carbon injections of that rate and speed., and maybe within most of our lifetimes, we will again have CO2 concentrations that haven't been seen since the Eocene (40 million years ago).

We don't want to go there

i wish

fuck it, count me in, user

op thinks melting ice berg will result in a rise in water. terrified of adding ice to soft drink in fear of overflowing as ice melts. the world is dumb like op.

This is probably bait but western nations are the most eco friendly with the smallest carbon footprints

Its the industrial wog nations who are polluting the planet. Good luck convincing the heathens to clean up lol

>But the effect we have on global warming is laughable.
No it isn't.

>Check global temp stats that go back a few hundred or thousand years, its a natural occurence and completly normal.
Have you? Those stats pretty clearly show how much faster the climate is changing now than it does when nature is at the helm.

>Fucking gullible retards, man bear pig anyone?
??????

>Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum
>We don't want to go there

For the benefit of everyone else:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Permian–Triassic_extinction_event
>colloquially known as the Great Dying

You're the first official citizen.

Welcome to Frostyland, user.

Also I'm changing my trip to High Protector of Frostyland as I lost the trip pass to the original.

This is going to be retardly fun watching that Iceberg drift around.

We need a flag.

I live 1200 feet above sea level. If you want to kill me with climate change, you need something other than rising water.

just wait until the refugees from miami start coming in

yes I'm aware of the end-Permian event.
I'm also aware that temperature highly correlates with extinction during that time

science.sciencemag.org/content/338/6105/366.full

I mentioned the PETM and not the Permo-Triassic the sedimentary resolution for the former is much better than for the latter, so as to allow much more precise commentary on the rate and magnitude of the carbon injection

Well, they'll probably be good at decorating but not at dodging bullets.

>global (((warming)))

It's the natural cycle

>ice melt
>cools down planet
>new ice age

>It's the natural cycle
The natural cycle says we ought to be cooling right now.
We're not.

>The natural cycle says we ought to be cooling right now.
>We're not.

That's because we're in the summer "right now" :^)

I figure I will start buying climate change when the people harping on it actually adjust their behavior substantially.
Until then if the believers don't take it seriously, why should I?

and we don't even have to wait to see the effects
pnas.org/content/early/2017/07/05/1704949114

They're geo engineering artificially increasing temperatures to push the global warming narrative. The problem is they're artificially holding the pendulum and even trying to push it further, but eventually science will fail to hold it and the earth will rebound hard. We'll see weather fluctuations and extreme temperatures unlike anything seen before.

But that is completely wrong, you retard

Good, fuck coasties

>climate change deniers
Nobody denies climate change, we just deny humans are really responsible for it as it happens naturally every few centuries
... burger education.

Well, not all of us