Do people actually believe in God? I get the feeling people just like to lie to themselves and this is no different...

Do people actually believe in God? I get the feeling people just like to lie to themselves and this is no different. There is very little social incentive to not believe in God. Even if there is a God, why does it matter more than the merging of a galaxy far away ?

I just don't get one thing: how do people believe in God with a straight face? Aren't people liars by nature?

>how do people believe in God with a straight face?
are you like mentally retarded or something

it is not belief, it is common knowledge
God is as real as it is, and in fact maybe the realest thing ever

>how do people believe in God with a straight face?
People are, by and large, fucking stupid. They tend not to consider the things they think and do.

it's weird that so many people bend knee to atheism after all the shit they see in the world, and then blame the God they don't believe in

I don't think a individual will ever have enough info in order to explain everything they Experiance. So if you want to define your reality, which will never be accurate, you have to draw a line . That line is faith, and is nessisay in all ideologies be it religion or science

That doesn't make much sense to me right now, god is a man made concept. At first it started with a lot of imagination but some genius figured out the best sell is to make it really simple mirror image of man.

But who knows. I don't know what's out there. Why should we care, if we gonna make stuff up anyway? I get people are scared of dying and all but lying ain't gonna make any difference.

>all those baseless assertions

Okay. let's say we have evidence of God's existence. Does that mean he's no longer real? Since he's only real with faith not with facts.

cant you get stoned for saying this in egypt lol

God is the only rational explanation for our world. It takes far more """faith""" to believe that our universe came to be for no reason and that all events are purely random accidents.

I get away with it because I have nothing people want so far. No one cares about opinion of someone with negative status.

There is a reason universe was created but can't imagine it being the emotional one people buy into so easily. Believing in God doesn't give us answers, just delays it, thinking that upon death you will know.

Personally my mind is not set on anything. It just sounds like we are preoccupied with why things exist, when the question itself is as ridiculous as why things don't exist.

keep eating mushrooms you'll figure it out.

I don't eat mushrooms. But you are right, it's useless from the bettering one's self point of view. It's much more utilitarian to just just believe in God, make money, make baby, pray the baby doesn't die, pray your wife doesn't cheat on you. That way the things that are out of your control are left to God, and you can focus more on making money.

sure buddy

im an agnostic atheist. i dont know if there is or isnt a god but if there is he is evil because he allows evil to exist.

God isn't a person, it is an experience.

>the universe exists
>i cant imagine how a wizard didnt do it.
>therefor a wizard did it

Great logic buddy

>the autism intensifies.

He's real. Can't know Him without knowing Jesus though.

Depends on how you define God. Also depends on how you define belief.