Abandoned his post in Afghanistan

>abandoned his post in Afghanistan
>spent 5 years in captivity by the taliban in horrendous conditions and subjected to constant torture and neglect

Does he really deserve any more jail time from the military? Half the USA want him jailed or killed. Seems like he kinda paid his dues. Let him live the rest of his autistic life in his cabin in Idaho IMO.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hU6HPZozsbM
youtube.com/watch?v=IOfN2bSsv38
youtube.com/watch?v=iHZ9xsgpQ3I&t=22s
serialpodcast.org/season-two
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Inb4
>muh 6 squad members died looking for him!

None of the 6 who died or any other soldier has proven to be killed while on the DUSTWUN actively searching for Bergdahl

>muh 5 taliban leaders were released from gitmo to trade for his release

At least 2 of the so called leaders surrendered themselves to the US forces voluntarily at the start of the afghani war, as for the other 3, gitmo officials claim they aren't any significant threat, at least not any more.

Still was a lot of weird shit going on though like lying to the senate about the trade etc.

should have been shot turing hostage exchange

Chelsea Manning?

If they were going to shoot anyone, why not the Taliban? US still had to bundle up the 5 into the plane to send them over.

No, Bowe Bergdahl.

Who /serial/ here

because if you did that you will never be able to do an hostage exchange again

I got told to listen to this one over the first one, is the murder one as good?

Ditto

>None of the 6 who died or any other soldier has proven to be killed while on the DUSTWUN actively searching for Bergdahl
What the fuck do you mean been proven? When the DUSTWUN went out all available units scrambled to try to locate him. Multiple men died on specific movements to try and locate him.

He never should have been released from prison. He's fucked mentally even more than he was when he believed making contact with the taliban by himself was sane (I know what he claimed he was doing, I don't buy it).

He's a fucking mental case

I would enjoy doing terrible things to that man

kek

>Multiple men died on specific movements to try and locate him.

This has not been proven at all yet, got a source?

Granted a team got baited into believing he was in a compound that was rigged with explosives but they GTFO before any casualties.

Friendship ended with US Army. Now Mullah Sangeen is my best friend.

No, he doesn't deserve any more jail time, he deserves the rope or the firing squad.

I'm very confused. Where was he planning on going? He was in enemy lines with no where to go. It just don't add up.

It's a more grounded, researched story, but, ultimately, it's a dead-end
If you liked the 2nd season the 1st should do you well too

Looked at flag. Chineese operative

Season One is boring. I honestly don't care about the victim or possibly innocent convicted killer.

Season Two is a must if you have interest in Bowe Bergdahl. Listen to it in the car on your way to work. It's good.

Father of one of the men who died
youtube.com/watch?v=hU6HPZozsbM

Testimony from Squad
youtube.com/watch?v=IOfN2bSsv38

He had 3 knives and was homeschooled, he was gonna get Osama.

Hmm, may as well give it a spin then.

Looked at flag, BLM operative.

>But several soldiers in his unit say the quest to locate him never really ended, and that it was an element of every mission they undertook, prompting some to blame the deaths on him.

So what this means is they might not have been killed immediately, but if they are going to search so and so village because it's a point of interest in the DUSTWUN, it's directly related

>a grieving father who wanted blame and a member of his platoon who hated his guts and led the ambush on Bergdahl in the media are credible sources

K.

He's either a traitor or a fucking dipshit.

Who wanders off base into a nearby muhj village alone, in the middle of the night?

Both should be punishable by death.

US Soldier here.

We all hate his guts....

Double checked the flag. Boat person hired by the chinese to oversee a gaggle of pajeets shitposting anti america messages
Confirmed by 5 eyes

>in horrendous conditions and subjected to constant torture and neglect
Your premise is incorrect. This thread is moot.

Jesus I didn't ask for these feels. I spent a fucking year in eastern Afghanistan combing through thousands of Intel reports trying to find any way of finding/capturing Mullah Sangeen, fuck that mujahideen faggot

what happened?

>the people closest to him are incapable of producing facts due to bias
K.

Are you 12?

Almost like they let feelings get in the way of facts, funny that hey? Where is the actual military report on confirmed dead on missions involving the search and rescue?

I think the Serial narrative might be the right one, that he's not a traitor, he's just a mentally ill retard who didn't think through what he was about to so

>I spent a fucking year in eastern Afghanistan combing through thousands of Intel reports trying to find any way of finding/capturing Mullah Sangeen
Good news is even if you did find the key to smoking him he would be replaced virtually overnight by some cocksucker. Nothing ever changes there, it's perpetual shit. The fucking drug war of wars

>Where is the actual military report
>trusting high chain of command over members of his platoon
In the US, it's all about saving face. They would've been scrambling on how to spin it in a way that would make the next guy up the chain of command happier. It's just as political as politics, don't kid yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=iHZ9xsgpQ3I&t=22s

Trust me I know, with how many "weddings" have been raided and cell and network leaders that have been taken in its a marvel that there's always another smelly goat fucker ready to step up and run shit as ineffectively as the last guy, it's just annoying when a handful are actually smart and practice good opsec and other security protocols

This. That guy is a bag of dog shit. He doesn't even deserve the firing line, that's far too honorable. He deserves the lethal injection.

I like how a australian is attempting to insinuate the lives of US service men are meaningless.

I hope your country gets overrun by roaches and makes it on the travel ban list due to honor killings.

There was another soldier in Afghanistan who abandoned his post and did the same thing, this time armed with an ornamental sword and battle axe yet was found before a DUSTWUN was implemented or he was caught by the Taliban, what did he get? Absolutely no scrutiny an a dishonorable discharge.

Hope you're making big money these days on some contract...at least there's that

He has to have a security detail while he's riding his desk incase someone sorts him out. xaxaxxax

Fuck no, I got out and swore I'd never use my skills to aid the government in any way, I'd rather live in poverty and quiet obscurity than advance greedy globalist agendas again.

don't really keep up with news, I'm quite certain he is the fella who deserted and got captured but just asking, dickwad

I get it, a huge blow to the comradeship and an oath you swear too when signing up but still, these were the guys that while looking for him, swore they would have shot him if they had found him. Does that not also violate the military code? Sounds like these guys and let their feelings get in the way of facts yet post all day on Sup Forums shit talking whiny libs doing the same thing.

Give this a listen lad, very interesting account from all sides.

serialpodcast.org/season-two

If only he also set his base on fire and fed a bunch of intel to the enemies, he would be on track to become a senator.

Oh fuck me, McCain's trying to create a successor.

>these were the guys that while looking for him, swore they would have shot him if they had found him. Does that not also violate the military code?
No, Desertion during wartime is still a capital offence in the states.

Just to be clear, am I missing something that makes this situation ambiguous?

What about willingly shooting or at least openly declaring you are willing to shoot your own soldiers?

>this time armed with an ornamental sword and battle axe yet was found

Do you have a source on this other than this second hand reported Private News Network bullshit?

>There was one kid who walked off his camp with an axe and some beef jerky with a plan to walk to Iran. The Afghan Local Police found him and brought him back," a second seasoned soldier with many deployments to Afghanistan confirmed.

I've heard something similar but about a civilian who was looking for Osama Bin Laden.

About whether Bergdahl is innocent or guilty of desertion.

He should be sentenced to death.

>What about willingly shooting or at least openly declaring you are willing to shoot your own soldiers?
You can't murder someone in cold blood. Yes, this is not OK. Saying you want to aligns with the punishment for the crime that is written as legislation. Capital Punishment is a thing, and in this circumstance it fits the crime. This doesn't mean anyone gets to be Judge, Jury, and Executioner. His platoon wouldn't have killed them if they got the chance, I promise you. They'd shut the fuck up and listen to the leadership on the ground, regardless of what they wanted to do.