Musk begs for government gibs for Mars rocket

Top kek
SpaceX is officially out of money so they are running to big Fed to fund their shit to the tune of $10 billion

Why does Sup Forums still defend this guy as some sort of prophet?
>arstechnica.com/science/2017/07/spacex-urges-lawmakers-to-commercialize-deep-space-exploration/

Other urls found in this thread:

seeker.com/space/exploration/mars-astronauts-face-double-the-cancer-risk-as-previously-estimated-says-study
theguardian.com/science/2017/jul/06/mars-covered-in-toxic-chemicals-that-can-wipe-out-living-organisms-tests-reveal
theguardian
archive.is/WvvgZ
youtube.com/watch?v=ei0YIaIhTkU
youtube.com/watch?v=91dW9pUA1BI
youtube.com/watch?v=ikoNQNj9ZnU
youtu.be/IizCycLgPBM?t=1m41s
youtube.com/watch?v=THqtAQOicQI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That article says none of those things...

of course not
the author has a massive hard-on for Elon Musk so of course he gives a positive spin

Why use your own money when you can get other people to pay for your stuff

>be elon musk
>be on government science commission.
>"i'm going to cut ties with the government and leave because gonald glumpf and muh signaling to irrelevant libtards"
>c-can i have please have more money mister goverment? i'm broke and i need more :(( pretty please"

Never mind the fact that his tesla operation is not profitable and is only running because of gubberment gibs

>mfw burgers are taking in the refugees that sailed to Australia AND paying for a Tesla battery to be built in South Australia
How cucked can you get?

I always knew he was a meme. His shitty companies are only afloat because of the taxpayer. He's a scammer.

mfw Musk takes over 100 days so the burgers give it to us for free

I get slightly triggered whenever people pretend that he's some kind of scientific genius.

He's a speculator. He gives money to actually smart people to do shit for him, but he does not have the scientific background to tell if they are saying the truth or expertly bullshitting him.
And since he goes for more than just ambitious projects, it's only a matter of time till one of them crashes and burns because he believed the wrong person.

everything is so upside down in australia that you can have cake and eat it too

Burgers don't really have a great track record of keeping their 100 day promises these days so it's quite likely.

Ask your fiancé for a loan of Depp's money you fucking choade.

all his money is from other people investing into his stuff

pretty much all of his projects burn.

solar city.
tesla.
space x.

Inb4 she takes it all in a divorce

Mars is stupid and useless.

he can't resist good quality succubus pussy

he takes working people's money of taxes using subsidies
he makes this aura about him being genius and shit
same working people invest in his companies
stock prices become higher
profit without doing actual work

isn't this what America is all about in the last 200 years?

I don't care who he scams as long as he speeds up colonizing space.

fuck i hate this gold digger

Better throw money at nasa right hahaah they're nowadays over 90% womyn and poos no wonder nasa get nothing done since decades
Meanwhile spacex is almost 100% european and they're getting shit done every week

He is pretty bssed for an african-american
I dislike state budget gibstaking but until the state fails you'd be a fool not to take however much you can

actually nasa is like 95% white

t. did co-op for nasa

10 billion dollars is not much money lmao, nasa already wasted 10 billion in a shit rocket that can not be reused and will cost much more, dunno what's the problem, seems like good investment

Blame leftists.

They tried to look for a Steve Jobs 2.0 except unlike Elon Musk, Steve Jobs never claimed to be an expert in every STEM field and Steve Jobs would get super pissed if you asked him retarded shit.

Musk on the other hand gladly says any kind of bullshit to the press and continues to entertain retarded questions by giving equally retarded questions as well.

He also pretends he's doing something amazing all the time by taking ideas from science fiction movies like Matrix and says it's possible while at the same time claiming our reality is a stimulation and global warming is real.

Doesn't do anything for his birthplace so how is he based. His homeland is a complete shithole and he ran away from that shithole without doing anything to fix it.

Anything given away freely can also be taken away freely.

I hope Trump sees how much of a con artist Musk is and pulls his funding.

Steve Jobs did not need a handout as well as many other wealthy people.

>muh Mars

Oh boy, this meme again. He's not going to get anyone to Mars. If he did they would die. He will be dead long before minerals are extracted from Mars. At the same time, it detracts from fact that none if his real businesses make any money.

seeker.com/space/exploration/mars-astronauts-face-double-the-cancer-risk-as-previously-estimated-says-study

theguardian.com/science/2017/jul/06/mars-covered-in-toxic-chemicals-that-can-wipe-out-living-organisms-tests-reveal

OOPS MARS IS A LITERAL HELLHOLE

Don't give them traffic
>theguardian com/science/2017/jul/06/mars-covered-in-toxic-chemicals-that-can-wipe-out-living-organisms-tests-reveal
archive.is/WvvgZ

thank you based Norwaybot

can't wait for this musk faggot to crash and burn. amazing that people trust billions of dollars to a batshit insane drug addict. If this dude was walking around on the street doing what he does he would be arrested and put on psych hold.

He still has qualfications and understanding in STEM, however it's true he isn't even remotely close from Von Braun who he parrots a lot but I doubt his engineer can bullshit him that much

x.com

Archive it you cunt

well yeah he has a bachelor in physics.

So where were your millions when you got shat out of a Vagina?

Look at these autismo virgins burn with hate that a liberal is far more successful than their failed genes will ever produce.

Space travel is so fucking pointless.

it's not money he made from functioning businesses. so it's not like he doesn't want to use money he worked hard for himself; instead he doesn't want to use funds he already pocketed.

muh free market.

All important modern techonologies that we have today have been heavily funded by goverments.

examples:>the internet
>the basics of the iphone like the touchscreen

This is not a praise for big gubermand like most burgers would believe but a downplay of the importance of profit.

(((monetary profit))) is not a good incentive for technological and scientific advancements and never was.

that's literally how Musk runs his businesses

he creates a trillion companies, all with outlandish scifi tech goals, then goes to the government for handouts

99.99% of his companies fail, but he just declares bankruptcy for those and pockets the funds

>elon musk is a liberal

>Someone insulted my based reddit le epic i fucking love science man!

what a cuck

not entirely true, things like the PC and miniaturization of the computer chip are because of private market competition

look at the competition between AMD and NVidia or AMD and Intel and how they keep trying to one-up one another

This. Space shills btfo.

musk is fucking scum

>Von Braun
He is not even close to Steve Jobs. Who was literal snake oil salesman.

>Government funds self-driving cars
>This is somehow a bad thing

I don't like the idea of governments having much of a funding budget at all to begin with, but part of the reason for that is because they usually fund irrelevant shit like paying rent for people who don't work for years on end or for building mosques or theatres or whatever. They're funding something good for once, so I'm okay with that.

>it's only a matter of time till one of them crashes and burns
thats happened a few times already actually

This is how American capitalism works. You either are successful and suck off the government or you're a failure and get run over by those sucking off the government.

Know before you talk, asshole. He used all of his paypal money to get tesla and spacex trough hard times.

And 95% axe wound.

Oh and muslim.

(((Intel)))

Intel would be dead without a government-protected monopoly. Nvidia only wins because they market to retards about as well as Apple does.

Better Musk receive corporate welfare then Boeing/Lockheed's ULA. At least Musk with his recoverable first stage rockets, and relaunches is pitching us forward in time.

Ah yes, I'm sure you'll be saying this as the asteroid comes into orbit and we're told we only have a few years to live before it comes crashing down, destroying us all. Do you honestly believe this? Any number of things can happen in space that will kill every single human being on the planet.

I like how you fail to mention that literally every launch company/aerospace company/etc uses government subsidies.

Why are you people so retarded? Sure some of his ideas are a little pie-in-the-sky, but at least the man tries new shit and dreams bigger things.

Telsa is a joke though.

Absolute bullshit. Space isn't what they tell us it is. Research flat earth by first listening to 200 flat earth proof by Eric dubay on YouTube.

This is just another scam to take our money.

OP is just baiting. They are not out of money, just want more.

>Government funds self-driving cars
>This is somehow a bad thing

Yes you bluepilled silly billy. Personalized Mass Transit (aka a car that you can't really drive) has been a wet dream of UN social engineers for more than half a century now. You think you're going to be mad comfy, but your car will only drive you from your trendy (((tiny house))) cuckshed to your cubicle job with one allowed trip to the Megaplex on the weekend, while driving around the privatized national parks where the elite will build their pleasure domes like the House Absolute in Gene Wolfe's books.

TINY HOUSING AND SELF DRIVING CARS IS AGENDA 21

Don't forget that self driving cars = self driving murder mobiles. The government will kill off anti-government activists like Michael Hastings.

>tesla
I get so fucking triggered seeing all those charging stations all over my fucking city when I've only ever seem them used maybe twice over the last year or so. Doubly so considering these retarded vanity projects are at least partially funded by taxpayer gibs

>I get so fucking triggered seeing all those charging stations all over my fucking city when I've only ever seem them used maybe twice over the last year or so.

Professor Dan Rubius discovered their true purpose.

youtube.com/watch?v=ei0YIaIhTkU

Then he should work on new bomb technologies i guess..

>Mars

This is how you know he's a conman not a businessman. If this was about business he'd be getting into Asteroid mining.

yeah and guess where that money came from? It came from promising people that "X.com" will be "the future of internet payments".

this, there are enough resources in 1 medium sized asteroid to supply us with enough metal to crash the entire market.

Tesla has paid all their government loans back though, and some even early I think. The same can't be said of all car-makers if I recall correctly.

This

Perhaps that why the metallic Jews aren't excatly keen on doing it.

Let us do it. Let us hand the Musk 10 billion and get our ass to Mars!

youtube.com/watch?v=91dW9pUA1BI

I'm not sure about that. I think it's just his life's dream to actually die on Mars and he's committed to it. Even if it takes dozens of people dying paving the way for him to die there. I think that's his endgame and all he really cares about.

Sup Forums is incredibly ignorant with based INTJ Musk. The guy has over 150 IQ, who are yall calling a brainlet? Nust absolute jealousy and retardation ITT

They're no cryptocurrency, but Paypal is much more successful today than back then.

he can ask bezos for a loan

>They're no cryptocurrency, but Paypal is much more successful today than back then.

Yeah, Musk used the money he got to be a shareholder in Confinity today known as paypal. This was a good investment.

Shithead liberal con artist kike wants $10 billion shekels from the shabbos goy? Wow, how surprising!

>(((self-driving cars))) are a good thing!
>that flag

I love when people tote "muh spacex" as a success story for private industry space exploration and why we don't need governments to explore space, I keep telling people that governments are the only market for space exploration because we can't make a direct profit from it yet.. but nope "muh spacex" "muh free market" yeah spacex has been making most of its money from government contracts and they're drying up because Trump doesn't believe in space or some shit.

Fuck space shit. We have no business doing space shit til we fix the human race. Fuck Elon Musk.

Mars is a training ground for learning the techniques we will need to teraform other planets. Which is something we absolutely must learn to do, or we will go extinct, guaranteed. Space colonization is the only way our species goes on indefinitely.

Being a good investor is not the same as being a good scientist. The fact is all of his businesses get billions in government tax breaks and subsidies. He is the opposite of a free marketer

we're never going to "fix" the human race. There are 2 options:

Learn to teraform and colonize multiple worlds
or
go extinct, whether its an impact event, environmental catastrophe, nuclear war, or simply riding out time until the sun goes red giant this planet will not sustain us forever

It's clear you don't know what you're talking about. I'd suggest you watch this video to just truly understand how difficult terraforming a planet is, and why would we live in orbital space stations far earlier than on Mars.

youtube.com/watch?v=ikoNQNj9ZnU

zero G fucks up your body in extended periods in space, and all theoretical simulated gravity techniques haven't been even tried yet so we don't know if they'll work for staving off atrophy, and you can't harvest natural resources like the minerals you need for hydroponics to grow food on an orbital station. Teraforming is an absolute must or we will all die. We might make it all 5 billion years before our sun runs out of fuel by some miracle who knows, but we still all die when the sun begins to grow in size and boils all the water into vapor.

He's a leftist con man. HE's the modern day snake oil salesman.

>divorced and then married same woman twice
>she took bigger cut second time
>dates amber heard
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA EL JUSTO INCOMING

yep mr "i didn't even want gov money"

"commercialize" is newspeak for subsidize?!

"uh hello, my name is jeff musk, I respect whamen, please give me $10,000,000,000 so I can corner the market on space, like how gov subs opened up to help me get a foothold in ecars"
TAX SUBSIDIES ARE JUST ANOTHER FORM OF REDISTRIBUTION
OH BUT MUH TREES
MUH TREES NOTHING NIGGER
THIS IS DOUBLE TAXATION
I AM WORKING TO COMPETE AGAINST THIS FAGGOT SOMEDAY SOON, BUT MY TAXES ARE GOING TO HELP HIS BUSINESS!!
WTFFFFFFFFFFF
DOUBLE
TAXATION!

I like this guy.

youtu.be/IizCycLgPBM?t=1m41s

He should start a patreon and have his wife talk about how Depp made her a victim, he'll get the money fast.

seriously if you're that rich, don't get married, just pay a woman to be a surrogate mother, and give you full custody of the children.

dear gov please pay me $10,000 in tax creds for every fidget spinner I sell, I am going to be the elon musk of fidget spinners

Musk is a fraud.

Again?

And this isn't capitalism. Which is exactly the problem.

You don't know what you're talking about.I'd highly suggest you watch some videos on the YouTube channel I linked to educate yourself. He goes into quite a good amount of detail.

youtube.com/watch?v=THqtAQOicQI

jesus christ, are you autistic?

who the fuck ever said it was his job to build shit? he builds companies, you fucking retard. No one ever expects the CEO of a fucking company to get down in the dirt and help make a god-damn electric car or rocket. He just signs off on shit. Have any of you stupid fuckers entered the workforce ever?

SpaceX is doing fine with the satellite business but no private company or private citizen could fund a Mars rocket on their own