Have you ever given any actual thought to the Nordic connection of Romania? I know this is used as a meme...

Have you ever given any actual thought to the Nordic connection of Romania? I know this is used as a meme, so it may surprise you that there's actually some truth behind it.

The geographic region of Dacia doesn't have a lot of recorded Roman history except for two basic things:
1. Trajan upfucked it and annexed it into the Roman Empire
2. It was the shortest-lasting Roman province, lasting less than two centuries

Case in point is 2. Why did it last for such a short time? And the answer is G O T H I C pressure.

Yes, the Scandinavian Goths settled Romania. It is THE most ancient Gothic settlement, before they began founding kingdoms across Europe, and arguably the most massive one too. That is to say, it was an actual migration, not a military conquest. In the cases of Italy and Iberia, there was never an actual migration, but simply a political and military conquering. But in Romania (and some parts of Ukraine) it's the opposite: huge Gothic populations that didn't strongly influence politics of the region.

That settlement is so ancient, that it had actually happened before there even were Visigoths and Ostrogoths. Romanians are a mix of Geto-Dacians, and the ORIGINAL GOTHS.

Next time you make fun of Romania, remember that they carry the legacy of Goths in their backs. They are the Norsemen of Haemus.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Æsir–Vanir_War
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Romania is mostly Dacian and partially Latin.It can be little bit Slavic too,but it is not Germanic you idiot.
Those ''ancient Goths'' in Romania must have been subhumans when they failed to form any kind of political economical influence or even identity

Romania is not Latin. A bit Slavic? Sure. But there's no reason to assume there's any Latin mix, unless you also think Spaniards, French, Anglos, Sicilians, and Tunisians are also Latin.

It's 60% Geto-Dacian, 20% Gothic, and 10% Slavic.

Also, this isn't a theory. This is actually, factually correct. Eastern Romania is the Gothic homeland from the point when the Gothic ethnic identity was formed. They came from Scandinavia, but their identity was formed in the western coast of Black Sea, ie. Romania and Ukraine.

What about the Cumans,Pechengs and Mongols? Those nomad tribes kinda passed through territories of nowaday Romania in order to fight with the states that were formed already,so don't Romanians have some turkic blood as well?
I'm just asking.

Mongols have nothing to do with Romania, the other shit you mention, plus Tatars and Bulgars do. Although in their case it wasn't a migration, but a military conquest. So, just as Visigoths and Ostrogoths haven't contributed a lot in Italy and Iberia, those Turkic tribes have only left a small imprint in Romania.

Yeah the part about the goths(from the island gothland in today's sweden) is true. They had their language as late as the 1500ds. Gothic is still an unique language up here, though they write in swedish today. So you had swedes, goths, danes and norse. They came with the goths invading the roman empire, I actually don't got the full details in my head. The funny thing though if you in part known modern mainland nord and icelandic(or possibly old swedish too, I don't know old swedish), you can actually read it and understand it.
It has typical differences like we have in english and scand today too, or between the scand languages. That is a word means something else. Like they say two people stand and and tweet like birds, that means to talk. Thjodans(spelling) means king, rather than people and so on. Same like queen means well queen in english and woman here(kvinne/kvinna).

Anyways it's an older connection too, that goes back to the time when the historical Odin and co lived. Njord who gave Norway his name(Njord's way => Norvegr => Noreg/Norge) had seat down in northern Romania when he met Odin the first time.

Njord was vanic, while Odin was an åsaman.
You can read the vanic-åsa wars.
>yes it's probably a very bad source
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Æsir–Vanir_War

Other things too, it doesn't say if it's romania or further south. But somewhere down in the balkans you have the ironforest(Jarnskog), where Fenri is chained.

Long post, but there is an old connection here.
Up here today we're a mix of two people, æsir and vanir. Our tongue is said to have come with the æsir(Ynglinga saga/tal) who spoke an indo language. The old tongue is only preserved in some river names down in Europe, one doesn't know anything about it. This all happened some time before your jesus guy

The romanian language came to what it is today, after latinization by the romans. It's actually one of the most complex languages in europe today.

I don't know this language in detail

That's really interesting. It reminds me of Titanomachy of our mythology, where the Olympian Gods overthrew the Titans. It's a little bit different, since not all Olympians are Indo-European, and the Titans actually are, but it plays with the idea of one pantheon replacing another, or two different mythologies merging with each other to form a new one.

I wonder if Vanir were an Uralic peoples related to the Finns.

bump

filthy anglos need another place to run to now that they are getting kicked out of londonistan and germany.

Really makes you think

Well, our flags are similar because they depict a Christian cross. A bunch of evangelists went to a bunch of countries, indoctrinated them and gave them a flag to show "Alright, we've been here".

I have no idea about how we're related or not related other than that, but that's why the flags are so similar, at least.

Have you ever given any actual thought to the Nordic connection of Albania? I know this is used as a meme, so it may surprise you that there's actually some truth behind it.

Anybody got the "tfw Nordic" with all the countries feel guys?

Blonde and blue-eyed albanian here. This explains why i look aryan as fuck.

You jest, but at one point linguists theorized Albanian to be some really deviant form of Germanic. That's not really true at all though.

Nowadays, it's considered to be a creole between Illyrian, Thracian and Latin. It's really hard to classify, because it present traits of both the Greco-Italo-Celto-Germanic group of (kentum) languages, and the Balto-Slavo-Indo-Aryan group of (satem) languages.

ROMANIANS WERE ROMANS
VIKINGS
MONGOLS
ILLYRIANS

EVERY LEGENDARY PEOPLE OF HISTORY WERE FROM ROMANIA

Nani kore?

>Goths are an ebin legendary beoples!11
Gee, don't flatter yourself. They're Germanic barbarians, like all others. I'm just stating the facts, facts being that the descendants of the Goths are the Romanians.

Romanian is a Romance-Slavic mix just like French is a Romance-Germanic one

I still don't get your point. What do you think that implies? That you're 78% Roman and 14% Slav? Cause it doesn't

From a (linguistical) genetic standpoint, Romanian is a Romanized Dacian. We call Dacian a substratum in this context. Some Germanic presence may also be there due to a weak Gothic substratum.

Slavic on the other hand is not a substratum to its biggest extent, but an influence upon Romanian. Same with English and presumably Greek. Those are loanwords, essentially. Same way English has French, Latin and Greek loanwords.

Oh, and for fuck's sake, don't make me explain what French is. If you don't know what you're talking about, it's better to not say anything at all. France has nothing to do with Franks, and neither does the French language. French is a Romanized Celtic tongue, and the French are Celts. Broadly speaking there's Italic influence in the south (a Romanized Ligurian one, specifically) and some Germanic influence in Normandy and the small area Franks originally settled.

Romanians are Turko-Slavs that speak latin but they will deny this saying we wuz dacians n sheit show me 1 thing that romania has from dacia today

>show me 1 thing that romania has from dacia today
Goat-fucking