Why are tradies so much more successful than STEMfags?

Why are tradies so much more successful than STEMfags?

They own houses.
They don't have student loan debt.
They know the value of an honest day's work.

I don't see how anyone could justify forgoing the start of real life for four years to *maybe* come out ahead ten years after graduation.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Fdyyps2wmd4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=uJFhML1INQQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=MVWayhNpHr0
bbc.com/news/technology-36376966
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They have zero eyhics and would kill their mother for a steak dinner. Mothing to aspire to.

I fell for the STEM meme.
Now I'm lucky enough to have a job that incorporates some of my studies and ... ah fuck it, here's a pic I took at work today.
I'm happy doing this as a job though.
I've done office work, warehouse work. This actually suits me. Sure as hell don't need a STEM degree for it though.

idk

ITT a bunch of manual laborers lying about their comp and getting mad at their STEM degrees bosses

You dump trash in the outback?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

t. Aerospace and Mechanical Engineer

>Mfw council gardening apprentice
>Getting 19k day one rising by 5% every six months up to 60k.

I litrally cut some grass then hide in the depot with a cup of tea.

SIPS
I
P
S

do u smoke that grass, mang?

pic related, rare mushroom shoe

>t. Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering student

Fixed that for you. Anyone actually in the field would be more specific with the job title. Let me know how the real world treats you, hope you have a 3.8+ GPA and 2+ internships :^)

Personally I'm enjoying owning a home with $0 in student loans.

Is electrical engineering STEM or Tradie?
It feels blue collared af but I earn 50k+ just out of uni

They aren't. I did construction (home remodeling) before getting a STEM degree. 2 years later I'm student loan debt free, own a home and make more than 90% of the people in my city.

Nice try kiddo, but I'm not posting my job title on Sup Forums or the number of years of experience.

>live in Argentina
>100% tuition free university
>degree in Finance
>work from my home trading stocks
>come here and laugh at tradies and indebted burger STEMfags every day
Life is good.

I take it you hide because you technically don't have a cutting license

Best of both worlds. I am a "Facility Engineer" and make 55k . I'm honestly happy with my job and I can't imagine what a basic 4 year degree would help me with income-wise. Once I finish my electrical school at a local community college I'll be bumped up to 60k.

'Straya never ceases to amuse me!

If you can't understand compounding income and more flexible, deeper career paths, then I am not surprised you couldn't become a real engineer.

because you don't have one

I'll post mine. Firefighter/paramedic, $57k a year, 2 years on the job.

Come on brah, it's an anonymous Cambodian croquet strategy forum, you can post some basic information here. Unless you're just LARPing and you're actually just a college student.

Unless you want to become a programming autists I honestly don't know how anyone makes a living in the mathematical end of STEM.

I really don't know where to turn.

Must feel good, my degree has done fuck all for me so far. Nothing but faggot contract positions. Apparently you need years experience before you even leave college now

t. econ and petroleum and natural gas engineer fag
>yes I did intern as well

>fell for stem meme
>120k/yr computer engineer
>comfy small business
you got me OP

>Must feel good, my degree has done fuck all for me so far. Nothing but faggot contract positions. Apparently you need years experience before you even leave college now

I'd rather be an EE than an electrician. Electricians don't do design work as much as they do crawling through walls to plug things in, and that's not what I want to do with my life.

My dad is an electrical engineer but he graduated at a time when IBM was becoming a power house. He said he had 4 offers before he even graduated college.

you tradefags would probably be fine if you all just drank water. That's why you all have back problems at 30, and are immobile by 40

A friend of mine owned a pretty large landscaping company that I did work for during college. We'd be out eight hours and he'd not take a single sip of water, while I had gone through bottles. His back is fucked now because his spinal disc dried out from dehydration

Electricians are basically high voltage network IT at the end of the day..

>Argentina
>stock market

Kek

Yeah this thread pretty much hits the nail on the head. Fuck me
>STEM degree
>90k/yr in an area where cost of living is not stupidly high like san fran or ny
God i hate my life

why would you drink water when you could sip instead

tradesmen are treated worse than dirt here. My housing society employs a 24/7 plumber, electrician, etc. All of them get paid about $100 per month, which is low even by our standards.

I don't need one I work for the council. I hide incase theres a senior around who needs me to do newguy shit.

He's larping m8.

Try not living in India next time, brah.

That's because third world countries have yet to develop the concept of ethics.

>Why are tradies so much more successful than STEMfags?

Because in 20 years your job of screwing bolts will be automated.

£24k working in the yard fabricating or up to £32k a year working as a pipe fitter/welder out on site and out of town. I do a bit of both but I prefer on site not just for the money but the work is better.
Most of my friends still look down at me for being in manual labor but I earn more than most of them and would kill myself if I had to sit in office all day.

I have an MS in Biochemistry but I work as a manager filling out MS office forms all day in a cube.

Sucks, but $70K where I live is pretty good, better than what I was getting working as even a development scientist.

Just applied to law school, planning to go on as a IP attorney for pharma companies...but the cost is so high ill have to go into debt again.

Possible bonus I'd be able to run for judge or something later on in life and be one less hyper liberal judge on the bench.

Should I do it?

I am currently a realtor in south texas that spent SIX YEARS for a dual degree in english and philosophy like a dumbass.

Got my real estate license online in about a month and currently make 100k a year in my third year. If i could do it over agian I would have gone army or learned a trade.

College is getting fucking ridiculous. I graduated in 2012 too before all this SJW really hit peak

Maybe pops was just that good. If youve got superior skill headhunters will find you

>10 or less

Work ethic, since STEM produces very few people that actually innovate and take huge risks

>plumber

Lost it. Thanks Sanjay.

Only if you make it your personal policy that niggers serve double the time.

If it's what you want, then yea

>Falling fot the STEM meme
lmao what is this, the 50's? every STEM job can be done by a technician, you're nothing but glorified blue collar labor

>Why are tradies so much more successful than STEMfags?
>t.knows nothing about trade workers
A lot of them do an equivalent of 4 years of technical training outside of work.
Electricians have to go to school for 4 years before they can get their Journeyman's License, and another 1-2 years to get their Master's and work independently.
They'll earn the equivalent of a stem major, too, depending on level of training and business ownership.

Sure showed me as I take my morning shit before work.

Government jobs are effectively bribes and nothing to brag about. You're just telling us you are stupid, you also have no morals and don't care that you're hurting everyone who pays taxes.

I did two years of Comp Sci, racked up $30k in debt, then learned iOS development on my own via Lynda.com and dropped out. I got an internship for mobile development and 2 years later I'm making $95k in Detroit (which is good for this area).

My point is that if you want to write code for a living, fuck college. It won't make you a great programmer or even a good one. It's much better to teach yourself and get in as an intern somewhere. I learned more in 6 months on the job than I did in my entire academic career. It's much better.

Seriously the STEM degree is nothing more than a meme for comp sci majors. You don't need it and I guarantee I can evaluate algorithmic space/time complexity than just about everyone I work with that has a fancy degree.

>Fell for stem meme
>Graduated with BS comp eng
>First year of work at 82.5k/yr
>About to get a promotion
>Already have over 10k in stocks, could buy a car at any time with a full down payment if I wanted

Good one OP

AYYYY
WE ARE

Our stock market was the best performing in LATAM last year.
Anyway I trade on futures, DOW and mine bitcoin on the side.

I went to liberal arts school. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

owning a home begins when the bank note is paid off, bucko

Only Bog can judge me

>¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That's what their thought you, right?

I have a Petroleum Engineering degree, biggest mistake of my life. I may get lucky and get to work as a Inside Sales Representative because I also got a MBA. There is also the chance I may get a job at a PR firm which is totally a different step but at this point I really need a job and the O&G Industry can go fuck itself with the way they are acting/hiring.

They all end up broken by 40. As much you want to believe you'll all be running your own business by then and leaving the hard work to other people it's statistically impossible that you'll all end up doing so.

Its useless to do stems if you are mediocre. If you are good, you join google, goldman sachs or something, you pull 200k in your twenties and laugh at manual workers deteriorating their health for a third of it at most.

t. pays rent to landlord Shekelstein every month

Come back once you've bought a house, kiddo.

STEM alone is not a guarentee of success. There are speciifc STEM fields (Like computer science, or electrical engineering) which are valuable across many different job titles.
studying chemistry or rocks isn't going to get you that far, definitely not 60k$ worth far.

Fuck that

theres that perfect stem grammar again. i swear most of you guys are autistic and thats why you just end up in your parents house after college

>tfw you're a music songwriter/producer/artist and you're really really really good
>tfw took 4 years to start arriving but now I could make more than 100k a year easily at entry-level starting money for what I do, literally only gigging Fri-Sun, and thats not counting any royalties that develop
>if things really take off in next few years, could make millions and millions
>tfw I went to trade schools for this instead of meme-tier, sjw-filled, music "schools", so literally zero debt, used all that money I saved to get really good equipment/facilities

So am I a tradie by you guys thoughts? I know now they wanna add arts to STEM so its STEAM
>inb4 fuck you (hey i dont agree with it)
but I feel like my lack of an actual college degree makes me feel like one of the tradies

Or am I not because my career situation is so unique and I'm not a physical laborer of a physical trade

Motherfucker I live in the uk, if it's not going to me it's going to abdul and his 3 wives and 18 kids.

>but now I could make more than 100k a year easily at entry-level starting money

when this happens, make this point. Until this happens, this is likely dreaming.

>four years into your career
>entry-level

Pick one.

>not having a 3.8GPA and 2+ internships
My sides, you guys are pathetic. 4 years you spend in college, and yet doing an internship during 2 of those 4 summers is apparently too hard for you. I had a 4.0 GPA my first 3 years in college, stopped giving a fuck after I already had a good job offer at the place I was a paid intern at. Made $20/hr as an intern, and best of all they have a student assistance program, so I'm now getting a Masters degree for free. Must suck being a retard incapable of planning correctly, I pity you.

Also, the student loan debts are a meme. I'm from a middle class family, and I paid a whopping $600 a semester to get a degree. One summer internship paid off all of that. I'm sorry you're uneducated about FAFSA and state grants, and willingly put yourself into debt while also not working a part-time job to pay off your tuition; we can't all be successful after all.

It always amazes me how well paid the majority of people on Sup Forums boards tend to be.
People wouldn't be lying on an anonymous taiwonese finger painting board now would they?

What the fuck is wrong with mediocrity? It's the ultimate life as long as you're based.
>If you are good, you join google, goldman sachs or something, you pull 200k in your twenties.
Yeah...Right...
You & 600 Gorrilian other poos & zhangs

massive self delusion detected

Of course not. By the way, I made € 47,852.96 in 2016.

95k in Detroit is probably equivalent to like fucking 150-200k in California kek

Well done man, I'm such a believer that experience dwarfs "book" instruction by such a magnitude that its almost comical

Lololol, no you fucking didn't. Anyone that actually has a job would say "Yeah I made 48k in 2016". Not income down to the penny.

Anyone can be a tradie.

Not everyone can succeed in STEM. That's why it's a better option to go for trade more than 50% of the time.

The IQ and strenuous work it takes to make it in STEM is wayyyyyyyy more than what they tell these kids when they push them to STEM.

You either do STEM for genuine passion, or don't do it at all. The moment you take STEM as a "get rich scheme", you're in for an abominable surprise

t. Master's in Computer Science

High risk high reward, in theory.
Technically no education is actually a guarantee for anything, it merely raises your likelyhood of employment in a certain field. Law and Medicine tends to be the only real exceptions but even there you have a shitton of quacks and frauds milling around soppsedly watertight professions.

Also, society has changed very quickly and granddad and dad still think that the STEM degree is a guarantee so they, with good intentions, encourage the kids to take the plunge.

Also you usually went to college if you already had one foot in the office you were planning to work in, be that your own family business, or simply a certain workplace you fawned at as a young autist.

People working in trades can also be absolutely destroyed if world industry takes a certain turn or if there is a dip in the world economy. Builders and entire construction offices were went out of business in the last tiny recession.

Why so poor play your cards right and you could make that in gibs alone here and get a free house and car on top of it

I have my income notice at hand, because I did my taxes today. It's that exact amount.

I am not a leech, I'd rather earn my money by contributing to some degree.

This. The great money that comes from STEM jobs, is for the few. And 90% of those who make big bucks in STEM jobs, are usually so humble and nerdy that they do things like stash it aside for 40 years and let their children blow it all on stupid shit.

About to hit the shop for one of these puppies on my way to work as a heavy duty mechanic. 4 days off after today gonna go camping and canoeing.

Live in the nicest part of the country because there's jobs everywhere staymad STEMFAGS stay salty CITYFAGS

I interviewed at Thumbtack in San Fran last month and yea the equivalent to live there was about $200k. I asked for $220k before we started and they said "that's easy."

It's all about experience and finding a profitable market. EVERYONE needs mobile developers. If you learn android and iOS you can name your price. We're literally hiring more devs remotely in Russia and India for android because we can find any mobile talent in Michigan. It's insane.

Yeah. Everyone on here has a 10/10 wife too and an 8" dick.

>t.dropped out of high school senior year because I'd rather get high sell research Chems and fuck different women.

>all I've got to show for it is mental health issues, stories, confidence and I'm socially superior to 90%of Sup Forums. I kept my good looks too

>if I could go back and change it I would. Maybe. If I changed it idj if I'd meet my girlfriend I'm with still (2+ years) but desu I envy most of you nerds with lives on track. Yeah partying and pussy is cool but not worth the shit I'm going/been through
>staying on topic, if I don't start buying a kilo or more at a time or like 250+pills I'll be stuck doing trade work.

>EVERYONE needs mobile developers.
This is a fucked up world. We save on infrastructure but blow money on apps.

Suck that you live in America, your big brain should know statistically it will probably end up looking like a Jackson Pollock masterpiece soon.
youtu.be/Fdyyps2wmd4

Heres the trades that will be replaced by machines in the near future

Welding

m.youtube.com/watch?v=uJFhML1INQQ

Construction

m.youtube.com/watch?v=MVWayhNpHr0

Every Manufacturing Job

bbc.com/news/technology-36376966

So there are white animes according to this graphic, then? Fist of the north star, DBZ.

Monsters are literally what high school kids drink to look cool. Adults drink water and kickstarters which ironically have less sugar than a soda.

Here's first world.

I wish I knew what to do. What does a bongladeshi cunt do with a degree in physics?

Savages.

We drink Monster for the caffeine. Coffee is too hot to drink on hot summer days. And the white flavor has zero sugar.

FWIW, I train firefighters and it's competitive as hell to get on with a decent department. 1,000 applicants for 50 jobs. six month hiring process. It's like trying to get into an elite college, trying out for a college sports team, pledging a fraternity and being investigated for burglary all rolled into one.

Yeah goy, watching cartoons is totally redpilled

>every STEM job can be done by a technician, you're nothing but glorified blue collar labor

holy fuck is this what technicians tell themselves?

Good luck designing a scaleable tool that dynamically manages an SQL Database.