Can a Desert be reforested?

Sup Forums
Is it posible to make a hot ecosystem, for example a Desert, colder?

Is it possible to reforest a desert?
Can a desert become a woodlands?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jvc1Wm9KKro
youtu.be/vpTHi7O66pI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qattara_Depression_Project
youtube.com/watch?v=HSErBAghEIY
youtu.be/eK0nEV5dWBA
youtu.be/keQUqRg2qZ0
unitedwithisrael.org/israeli-olive-trees-can-make-the-deserts-bloom/
youtu.be/ycLbO02lb7w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes.
The Sahara has been alternating between desert and woodlands every 20,000 years for the past 3 million years, along with the wobble of the Earth and the concurrent movement of the monsoon.
Just takes a shitload of water.

Gheddafi wanted and could have done it if was supported

>Is it posible to make a hot ecosystem, for example a Desert, colder?
With continuous human intervention, yes. But if it is left to itself, it will turn back into desert.

I'm from Spain

My country is becoming hotter and hotter. Today we reached the highest temperature recorded in Spain's history 50 celcius(like 130 f)

Are there artificial techiques to make the weather cold and nice again?

Do we need to plant more trees?,
Build artificial lakes to cold the place?

What can we do, shit?

No but you can get PTSD from living next to a gun range.

Maybe you should've thought about that before you cut down every tree to build three Armadas that were completely ineffective.

Yes: youtu.be/jvc1Wm9KKro

Maybe...

Hehe

Thin the world's forests, ship logs to the Sahara, dump logs on the sand. Tons of them. Chip some of them, leave others intact. Haul in non-contaminated biodegradable waste from all over, pour it onto the logs. It 's important that it starts out without contaminants, but you DO want it to rot enthusiastically. You're aiming to create a horrifying septic swamp for biological agents to feast on.

Keep going long enough and eventually the desert will be a Brazillian-type jungle ecosystem with a few precious inches of topsoil sustaining everything else. Or, y'know, maybe it'll just stay a slowly-drying stinking swamp. But at least it wouldn't be a desert anymore! It'd have more life in it.

Search "seed balls"

Yes it is possible. Once the tree has gained ground, it will sustain itself and create the ecosystem and draw the rain and stuff.

NEWSFLASH.
Most of the coldest places on earth are deserts. The biggest desert in the world is in Antartica

It's possible, but not for niggers or sandniggers.

Of course it can, haven't you played Terra Mystica?

No, because there is a motive if the desert is now a desert in the first place
You'd need too much water and millennias to establish a self-functioning ecosystem
They tried to artificially create forests in bare islands but they are not efficient and still needs human intervention, an ecosystem take time to build itself because it's a dynamic equilibrium between everything from bacterias, inorganic resources, animals, plants, fungi, weather

Why the Aryan flag, Angloposter? Ashamed of your red leaf?

This. It has already been tried, but some niggers can't help but chop down the planted trees.

You'd still need thousands of years
>create the ecosystem
This is not Wall-E

Don't make it woodland. Make it a mix of plains and woodlands.
youtu.be/vpTHi7O66pI

You know nothing, burgerman.

CItation needed.

Remember that time you were neutral and the Aryans decided to attack you anyway? And the time we saved you?

And do you remember the time it happened again?

Also please just fucking choose to be Dutch or French. You're confusing everyone with this nonsense.

>belgium
You're hardly a country bby

Yes. See southern california.
/thread

I was looking into this earlier. Holy shit Spain is hot as fuck. No wonder people take siestas. They over-heat.

Sevilla is the hottest city, correct?

>spanish armada
>ineffective
Wew lad

Why? They have a strong sense of community.
Just look at how they protect their beloved mujaheeden countrymen against evil policemen

Pretty sure the Israeli's have been attempting this for decades. Try to summon one for a quick run down.

But this is for agriculture, not artificially creating a natural environment

Of course. If work is put into it.
But we all know that shitskins doesn't want to work.

No and yes.

First of all, you are going to require insane amounts of water. You need rain for the rainforest. So water is no.1 requirement.
Second, you need animals to shit all over the place, or clover or similar plant to enrich everything with nitrogen. After water you need fertilizer.

Once the sand is rich with water and minerals/fertilizer, yeah you can grow a forest. But good luck getting the water, let alone fertilizing that wasteland.

Southern California gets its water from northern California and oregon.
Spain will need to import water from france.

They've planted a forest on the outskirts of the Negev desert, the Yatir forest

Go home.

That is a small scale experiment for larger applications
Still impossible for Mojave or Sahara

The UAE has floated a flan to build an artificial mountain, which will cause clouds to build up on the Western side and rain there/ go over the mountain and rain to the east

Dig a huge canal trough the desert and into the ocean so the ocean water travels trough the canal and replenishes the desert with water.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qattara_Depression_Project

Yes plant more trees.
>youtube.com/watch?v=HSErBAghEIY

Every European man should follow his example.

¿Qué?
Dear God dad don't do that! Summoning demons is a sin.

It would be more beneficial if they kept growing heroin for the Mexicans to take the blame for.

I hate this shit as much as you do.

I live in the desert. The problem with planting trees here is the winds during monsoon will pull them out by the roots, even big mature trees.

>Still impossible for Mojave or Sahara
Why?

Something I've always wondered...
If you literally built a manmade mountain in the desert... would it collect water via the clouds like other mountains do and turn it into streams?

Redpill me on sand.
Why are deserts made of beach sand? Is it possible to turn that yellow sand into normal soil?

>"They [Christians] must feel that there is a dark, evil power present that they have to fight, which…will make them more extreme. We also believe that when a church burns it's not only Christians who suffer, but people in general. Imagine a beautiful old stave church...what happens when it burns? The Christians feel despair, God's house is destroyed and ordinary people will suffer from grief because something beautiful was destroyed. So you end up spreading grief and despair, which is a good thing."
>- Euronymous
Varg was doing the Lord's work, even if he denies his true name (Kristian) and doesn't realize there is only true God. Euronymous was a thoroughly evil person.

You can't change how much sunlight an area gets, but you can definitely change ground cover and re-plant trees, which decreases soil erosion and moderates daily temperatures.

I am home, Jamal Valezquez. Can you say the same?

Sand >< Earth

read the thread nigger yes its possible but you need extreme amounts of water and shit (by "and shit" i seriously mean sewer solids, excrement, feces, waste, not 'n shiiiiet)

now we already have the water, hell we have liters of water just randomly falling from the skies, figure out a way to put water into the desert and then you can have something

It's coarse and irritating and it gets everywhere. Sand hate thread when?!?!

Burkina Faso did it big time under Sankara, and Israel still does it big time.

A good portion got absolutely buttfucked by Britain's navy at the time.

Didn't that Ausie hippy tree fucker Geoff Lawton already do something like this in some muzzie infested middle eastern shit hole several years ago?

Underrated

If you can create artificial rivers running trough stategic locations (which will cost tons and need heavy machinery to do) as well as airdrop seeds around it is very possible

A small project still makes a difference.

Yes.

Check this out: youtu.be/eK0nEV5dWBA

I have a good sized property in the desert. I'm outfitting it with drought tolerant evergreens and pines. They provide lots of shade, allowing grass and other plants to grow.

youtu.be/keQUqRg2qZ0

My Anglo ancestors were being born on this continent two hundred years before your Belgium was erected.

And my ancestors have been living here for tens of thousands of years before your ancestors decided tax evasion constituted nation building.

and a storm.

I can grow anything in the desert.

Pic related, fucking apples. Harvesting soon!

yes.

but it would take generations.

you would start by planting ground cover weeds that can seed in sand specifically.
not grass because it doesn't ever really die.

the idea is you wait generations of decay of these shrubs which slowly adds "dirt" to the sand, basically topsoil. These plants have very deep root systems and when the plant is dead and gone its a good environment for other plants to spread their roots thru (rather than straight sand)

Yes just plant more trees

this claim is as ridiculous as the earth being flat and stationary.

Kek

unitedwithisrael.org/israeli-olive-trees-can-make-the-deserts-bloom/

Israeli researchers found that olive trees are effective at combating desertification and can reverse it over time

but you haven't changed the climate?
desert is too arid for large scale forestation.
fucking canadians.

Any biome can turn into a rainforest all it has to do is transform into a rainforest.

(OP)

Anything is possible with water which is what they don't have in the desert.

Your little country is an artificial fake buffer area between the UK, France and Germany.

The Dutch speaking north Flanders belongs to Holland. The French speaking South belongs to France.

Deserts don't exsist because they are deforested they are he result of geography which limits rainfall in a particular area

Most deserts can be extremely fertile if you are willing to pay for the water infrastructure to irrigate it

We decided tax evasion justified secession and rebellion. Winning the rebellion and establishing a government constituted nation building.

Growing le weed in the desert.

I said plants that can specifically grow in sand.

youre not gonna have a dessert of sugar maples.

but you can have a dessert of pecies that can store water like camels

I'm drought conditioning a Japanese maple in the desert.

To be honest I am thinking about it all the time!

I even have an ideas, but no people interested in them.

Anyone want to hear them?

You're growing shit in a pot you dumb cunt.

No one have ever denied that sunlight is good for plants.

There's been some examples of introducing herd animals to the edge of the desert and migrating them around typical of natural herd movement, the shitting and tramping of the ground actually promotes growth of plant life. Their feeding and manure that naturally drops in the natural process of maintaining the herd animals provides opportunity for growth and has been shown to retreat the edges of deserts.

Make it legal to grow pot in Mojave Desert.
Potheads will terraform that shit in a few short months, guaranteed.

It's drought conditioning. Needs to have the soil cool until established. Once they outgrow their pots they can stay in soil and take the abuse with limited water.

You start off by keeping them in pots, first keep in shade, next move into filtered sun (longest process). After that they can stay in full sun.

Let's have it

1) plant more trees
2) paint your roofs and the rocks on top of mountains white

Not kidding about #2 - it helps increase albedo. It is being tested in the andes atm.

Yes. It can happen due to shifts in geology or if humans diligently grow plants in the desert.

RIP European sea power

Growing a tropical giant yucca in soil next to desert sages. It can even tolerate frost.

Ok, then:

-Many deserts are close to the water
-Salt water ; (
-Build a 'USA style concrete Highway' - pic related
-It goes from the ocean to the desert
-It goes slightly down as it is going into a desert
-Pomp water on to the construction
-Salt Water is flowing down, inside the desert
-Sun is heatinh up water
-Water evaporates
-Salt stays at the construcion
-Capture vapour with glass/plexy covering construction
-Let fresh water drop on a desert
-Plant seeds
-Desert is now covered in plants.

Forgot to add pic.

>you need animals to shit all over the place
Mudshits will finally be useful

Yes

There's something very appealing on a deep level about this idea, its something I've thought about ever since I read Dune as a kid

Yes. It's so simple. Permaculture

Well first of concret does not last very long when ot comes in contact with saltwater so after 10 years you would have spent as much on repairs as you would have on just building the stupid contraption

I have hade similar ideas tho

youtu.be/ycLbO02lb7w

Technically, yes.

Desertification occurs because the plant life on the periphery of the desert disappears ( usually due to overgrazing of cattle of Human action). The plants previously supported the ecosystem by giving up water through transpiration that then rained back down on the area maintaining its ability to support plant life.
Without the plants, water does not enter into the natural cycle, and the rains cease, creating arid and desert conditions.

So in theory, adding plants into a region on the periphery of a desert and watering them by human action could reverse the process, and creep ever more into the desert as the plants kickstart the water cycle again, brining back rain

However, desertification generally occurs where the breed of humans are stupid.
See: The Sahal region in Africa, and How Aboriginal Australians turned Australia into the hellhole that it is today

Were one to attempt reverse desertification in an area dominated by a more intelligent breed of human beings, it could be done.

If we could make desalination plants cheaper, you could just pump waster from a desalination plant into the desert

Well I guess Saudis can handle the cost.

10 years of water could change micro climate as well, so I think it is worth a try.

How could we make it happen? Who should we contact?

The problem is IF and also cheaper.

It is cheaper than bottled water, but it will not be cheap as free water from the river. My idea would cut the cost massively.

That's not a bad idea.

Saltwater aqueducts that don't actually empty into the desert but instead provide condensation runoff.

That is similar to a survival technique I have seen.