Give me two reasons why a Western-backed Generation Spaceship project is a bad idea?

Give me two reasons why a Western-backed Generation Spaceship project is a bad idea?

>protip: you can't

Other urls found in this thread:

centauri-dreams.org/?p=33838
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why do so many people want to go to space?
What's so fun about sitting in a big metal box flying to nowhere.

Just get rid of all african-americans and you'll have enough room to create a white utopia right here on earth.

As for your post,
reason 1: Because the first thing that will happen is the space colonies will first create space bankers, and we all know what good that does...

Reason 2: Living in space is shit anyway.

There, I gave you 2 reasons, even though your professional tip was that you cannot do that, so does that make me more professional than you?

People will insist we bring useless Africans leading to mission failure.

>Why do so many people want to go to space?
Earth has an expiry date. Having humans elsewhere enhances our chances of survival as a species.

>living in space is shit anyway
?

no slavs, no dakka

dumb fucking leaf

space is mostly a waste of money at this point. Experiments are fine. It's way to early to colonize anything and have it produce a net gain in anything. Best thing we would gain is habitation, life support, and space vehicle teach. This is at a tremendous cost that could be used in better ways atm.

Exploration and sending out colonists is a waste of time and resources at this stage. The only space related thing we should strive for is building a dyson swarm around the sun.

Because this planet belongs to US, NOT THEM. Not to the bean niggers, sand niggers, rice niggers, regular niggers, or shekel niggers. it is OURS, it is our birthright, and that of our descendants. Earth belongs to the snow niggers!

>Exploration and sending out colonists is a waste of time and resources at this stage.

Said the French nobleman in 1468.

Because you cant breech the dome.

Generation ship is a bad idea as it would require immense resources to keep population alive.
Better to send people in hyper sleep or two-generation ships.

Read centauri-dreams.org

I think it is the best site for interstellar exploration discussions

Generation and stasis ships are stupid. An entity spends huge resources to build and launch it. When the ship arrives at it's destination, there are already humans or cyborgs there. It gets overtaken by better drive technology, probably even before launch.
Not saying it's better to wait, I'm saying don't pack the sardines in until you can get them to target system in a reasonable number of years.

>>Said the French nobleman in 1468.

>>said the kid using a false analogy

What is the destination?
Do you drop a planet killer on the way out?

Dyson swarm would not only solve energy problems on Earth, but it would make space travel cheaper, faster and it's also relatively cheap to build for what it offers. If we started building a dyson swarm now, we would be space faring civilization in the next 50 to 100 years. It would take 50 to 100 years for a colony ship to get to the nearest star system with current technology so yeah, building ships and sending them off in random directions is a waste of time and resources for what the alternative could offer.

>false analogy
>literally a direct analogy

Here's the reality, I'm not saying it would be a failure or a success, you're automatically saying it would be a failure based on absolutely nothing.

>133660198
t. 12 y/o faggot who reads too much sci fi

>Earth has an expiry date
Which is 4-5 billion years. I don't think we need to worry about it right now.

needing life support and logistics for EVERYTHING and for its entire foreseeable future.

Do we keep sending more colonists to this place or let it die out? Whats the game plan kid?

need technology currently unknown to us at this point

We don't know how long it will take to develop this tech.

this is a "literally a direct analogy" which is ironically stupid on purpose as a joke...or you really are this retarded. This situation in comparison to lets see

sailing 100 people across an ocean only marginally expensive compared to other endeavors. Colonists are pretty self sustaining. Relatively easy after initial colony to grow colony making it another state easily. Has potential to grow into another state of the nation with plenty of resources.

Great analogy kid. Can you grow up already?

>WE CAN'T DO THIS RIGHT NOW AND WE'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO
Nice reddit spacing by the way buddy

good argument child. Go read some more dune or ender's game. Its about some fucking naive kid like you. Only everyone sees him as a genius so maybe you can live through him rather than continue your shitty life in which you shitpost on this shitty board.

>WE CAN'T DO THIS RIGHT NOW AND WE'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO

nice strawman argument. Saying that its not technologically or economically feasible and if it barely was, still not a smart decision with our resources, is the same as saying its never or should never happen. Thanks for confirming your child status.

>Saying that its not technologically or economically feasible and if it barely wa
Yeah no shit it would be unfeasible right now at the second if we had said ship in the garage waiting, but we're talking about developing a program which could take a century to complete.

Tell me, what's the economic situation going to be in 2117?

>I don't think we need to worry about it right now
Then when?

projects can't take that long. Why are you trying to prove how young you are. Its very apparent on how knowledgeable and naive you are. Projects can't take that long because EVERYTHING we develop now will be outdated in 50 years and at that point, we scrap the plan and start over. There is no point in trying to develop some engines for a spacecraft 100 years from now. Imagine if we did that 100 years ago. We would be trying to use fucking gunpowder to launch rockets or whatever. Its better to just invest in the technology indirectly like we are doing! Keep funding NASA. Keep sending probes out and wait for when it is even slightly feasible to have such a discussion. Whats the point of planning anything right now? Its a literal waste of money. You see this problem on military projects all the time. Its like with the b2 and f22. Great for their times but already outdated so quickly. The RAM and other stealth features matured so quick they are money pits now.

Where will you send this spaceship? The nearest star is 5ly away, so even at 5% the speed of light will take 100 years to get there, only to find out there's nothing there remotely usable to us. We could go within the solar system I suppose, but still, there's nothing there either. Mars or Venus are the only real options and neither of them has an atmosphere remotely useful to us. Stay here and stop wasting money on useless shit like spaceships

Kill the nuclear ban treaty. Finish project Orion. Bam, starship.

Yes it would go just fine, man

>year 2199
>encounter sentient race of humanoid extraterrestrials
>President Evelyn McGarridos calls the Space Congress in special session
>decides to open embassy with the new race
>spaceship gets into planet's orbit
>tall, muscular aliens come in and pass medical checks
>the embassy becomes a new hotspot for young women
>it even becomes a fetish to have sex with one of those creatures
>slowly, more and more extraterrestrials outposts get clearance to open
>the first human-extraterrestrial union occurs
>science able to make baby between both
>activists push for human-extraterr marriage
>sex with extraterr becomes meainstream
>soon mixed families are the norm
>attracted by the spaceship's higher standards of living and the presence of higher-caste extraterrestrials, lower-caste extraterr immigrate
>they make more babies than the generational humans
>after all, the spaceship needs people to continue its mission, and humans can't fill that task alone

>year 2259
>humans are a minority
>the spaceship has barely travelled a galaxy
>technological stagnation
>soon it's just one big orgy and the parts of the spaceship start falling off
>mongrelized "humans" decide to settle on shitty planet
>after several more generations, they revert back to the stone age
>mankind dies

What do long term effects on space do to the body?

We risk extinction by staying here. It's a question of WHEN not IF a catastrophic event will strike Earth again.

We need to spread out amongst the stars to preserve a future for our children.

1. you'll just invent jesus again
2. you'll resupply with muslims and jews

At this point any sort of space/mars colony would be filled with "diversity". So it's all fucking pointless

This.

Mars in 60 days, fuck those green faggots.

you think there's anything of your culture worth saving?

Your question does not make sense.

>Day 16 on the Mars colony
>Jamal fights with Peter over access to the liquor cabinet

I think it doesn't even matter. We will wipe out our own species by either war or pandemic within 1,000 years. Everything is accelerating exponentially and we are moving ever so closer to a SUPREME HAPPENING.

I propose putting it into orbit around a star in a solar system that we think might have useful stuff in it maybe with the purpose of studying that solar system possibly indefinitely. Maybe include some type of landing craft in case there is a possibility that one of the plants there could be remotely useful.

This is stupid. Literally every solar panel already being built on earth is accomplishing the same goal as your "Dyson swarm", without needlessly being launched into space.

>2031
>get in charge of the Mars colony
>back on earth, obtain visas for a few hundred aryan brotherhood inmates for forced labor
>free them as they arrive
>rally the police to be loyal to me
>kill all shitskins with my private army made up of trained officers and determined gang members
>kill off all the shitskins in the following cargo arrival
>and the next
>and the next
>proclaim secession, threaten to sabotage infrastructure if Earth doesn't give in
>obtain secession
>create white utopia while trading valuable resources
>year 2200
>earth 87% black and ripe for conquest by the superior Martian Empire

My dick's getting real hard

>Day 31 Jamal killed two female crew member's and raped them.
>Jamal is lock down.
>Earth commands say we must release Jamal, from fear of racism
>Jamal released
>Stab twice the Swedish member of the mission
>Remain crew throw Jamal from an airlock
>They declare Mars provisional republic and cut comm with Earth

Huge resource cost that is better spent on colonizing and developing the Moon for energy production and industry, as well as building space ports there and constructing ships on a larger scale in a low g environment. Immense value of this is clear: we learn how to live off world, spread our range, diversify our environmental options, create jobs, generate power for transmission back to earth, and gradually reduce pollution and eventually population pressure here on earth. Mining tech can develop massive underground cavern systems and create earth-like interior spaces. Develop lunar agriculture. Massive step forward. Post global economy. New ventures. Maybe create a global corporate cooperative that mutually invests what would end up being trillions per year in a massive project for all humanity. Give every human one common share and bind the corporate venture to return profits to its investors. Every human gets to vote in director elections every few years. Premium shares are given to the corporate partners, who have direction and control over by-law development: like a mini legislature.

Clearly the next step forward. But first, we have to step backward. Get ready for the emergence of robot arms and genetic elites. But once those threats are destroyed and 3-4 billion ppl are killed, we cool.

Gotta pay for all dem gibs somehow

as much as I think the idea is dumb. Solar panels have extreme shit efficiency on earth in comparison to something in space.

This is why.

Some Sup Forumsish reasons:
>Catholic cristian god lives beyond kuiper's belt, will get pissed off and terminate white race.
>Earth is actually flat and all the stars are only 5000 km away. That means they are the size of a grapefuit so no exoplanets.
>Moonlanding is a hoax, OP is ((())) looking for bigger shekels to hoax

i'm reading red mars right now and its meh. Is this any better?

1. Niggers would want to be part of the team
2. Muslims would want to be part of the team.

Can you imagine spreading those two groups among the stars? No. Just no. Leave them contained on earth.

Because earth is flat, space is fake, and space programs are a psyop to get fucktons of money.

>spreading the parasite to other worlds

You mean effects of extremely low gravity, right? Mostly muscular weakness involving stuff that normally supports your spine and allows you to walk upright. They learned this early on and now have artificial gravity treadmills using a rubber band west. A survival or bust mission like mars on current capability wouldn't involve a gym and malnutrition would also be a issue.

We have an entire solar system to conquer first. The system and the Sun offer resources enough to start spreading beyond within a few centuries.

i just finished red mars and decided not to go on with the others

You mean send all refugees to Proxima Centauri?

Good plan.

Human interstellar space travel is a meme. It will never happen as you imagine it will because physics and space is hostile af.
Time travel is legit more plausible.

This reminds me of people talking about uploading themselves to the cloud to achieve immortality. No, retards. You'll be uploading a copy (probably a poor copy at that). You will still fucking die!

A spaceship may travel to nearby star systems one day. Living human beings will not. The people who send the ship will be long dead upon its arrival.

they would be weaker from the low gravity. we;d have to rely on superior tech. soooo, it would take a little longer than you think. maybe an extra week?

>Where will you send this spaceship? The nearest star is 5ly away, so even at 5% the speed of light will take 100 years to get there
So at 10% it will take 50 years, that is reasonable.
>nly to find out there's nothing there remotely usable to us.
There is a planet there, we shall see if it has any life(very unlikely) but the very reality of being able to colonize other system and avoid solar system scale extinction events is useful(as cultural diversity of human species)

Robinson turned into a hippie SJW and he opposes colonization of other planets now.
He also attacks "white males" in Aurora.

For good critique of his book read this:

centauri-dreams.org/?p=33838

>A spaceship may travel to nearby star systems one day. Living human beings will not. The people who send the ship will be long dead upon its arrival.
>doesn't know what a generation ship is

After

Ugh, firgued it would be. I didn't mind the first part of the book. When it went back in time it got boring for me. It was filled with unnecessary technical details and stuff only someone really into colonization would enjoy. And i'm majoring in Engineering and sci fi nerd. Just felt like it was a bit forced. Like he shoehorned himself into the hard sci fi genre with the details on shit that seemed feasible at times, but others just some shit he read in wired magazine. Where i'm at in the plot, half way, I hate maya and the other females. Its a bit of a red pill for normies in a way.

Where does he attack white males? A link to excerpts whether from a review or anything at all will suffice.

>counters with another meme
Space isn't empty. It's lethal. It will kill any human traveller long before they reach a planet outside of our solar system.

from just red mars, sound like he always was. Lots of themes on climate change and shit. I was legit mad at how aggressive they were against terraforming Mars. Its fucking retarded. I

>I want to preserve the rocks instead of look out for the future of humanity

its not like there isn't the rest of the fucking universe to preserve or w/e the fuck that dumb bitch wanted.

So far from what I read, the guys seems like a communist as well. Lots of communist ideas.

>Create spacecraft

>SJW's insist on making sure they are "diverse"

>Have asian pilots that can barely drive a minivan
>Poo's that shit on the floor
>Sheboos who call everyone "rayciss"
>Indians who are supposed to be navigating but are too hammered to stay awake
>Lazy Mexican janitors who start space riot because the poo's are making their jobs harder

>And so the spaceship crashes and burns and everyone dies.

No thanks

Tyrone we all know you just want more gibs and a space program takes away from said gibs

its dumb. The correct way to travel is through the establishment of a resonant light bridge. For light, there is no time, so the bridge provides relatively instantaneous travel.
You need Ai or other consciousness that can be encoded in energy to establish bridge.
sending meat is reptilian/grey level dumbshit

Floating settlements are somewhat feasible right now, but better technology to resist cosmic rays/solar rays is needed. Mars colony is a long ways away, don't know why everyone is so dead set on mars

> it crashes and takes a boatload of niggers with it
Yes please

To escape niggers

how did you continue writing that much even when you knew it was complete shit greentext?

Why waste a good planet when we can hurl them into the sun?

new sports will be possible on mars, the revenue alone from watching humans compete in 0.39gs could finance the colony

The Human species has an expiry date as well. Whether it's evolution (artificial or natural) or humans will die without any descendants.

1) It would cost a lot.
2) Project Orion would irradiate the atmosphere.