Psst, hey kid, wanna talk about Nietzsche?

Psst, hey kid, wanna talk about Nietzsche?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F3W86hYg1Fg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Nietzsche
youtube.com/watch?v=CzO216m5Mkw
youtube.com/watch?v=ZP3mSamRbYA
jordanbpeterson.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Peterson-JB-Maps-of-Meaning-Routledge-1999.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think he is on to something with his comment about the unholy alliance of feminists and Islam.

Fuck off pedo. I'm telling my mum. Faggot!

I'm familiar with some of Nietzsche's ideas.
But I consciously choose not to properly read him, because I think he will make me go insane.
Nietzsche himself went insane.
Then look at two guys who read him - Jordan Peterson and Richard Spencer.

Peterson is a depressive who is obsessed about the fallibilities of man, and the idea of world destruction.
Not good.
And Spencer is obsessed with "the will to power" etc.
He'll probably get himself killed through what he's doing.

Basically I get the impression that Nietzsche's ideas are pretty dark.
The sort of ideas that humans don't talk about FOR A REASON.
So I'm going to try and stay clear.

huh... something looks different about the guy in that picture but I can't quite put my finger on it. Did he change his hair?

Good advice. Apparently the abyss really does stare back at you.

I agree. It's not just Nietzsche either. Philosophy in general is a lot like self-mutilation.

Seriously I think it's true. I think Nietzsche was absolutely obsessed with some really dark ideas. The idea of being a master or being a slave... the idea of the will to power...

All of us seek power. Of course. And it's very easy for all of us to lose ourselves in fantasies of becoming the most powerful people on Earth.

So I think it's best not to think about these things too much - you have to stay grounded, and you have to think about how you're going to get power IN REALITY.

Jordan Peterson has literally nothing in common with Nietzsche and did a terrible breakdown of his early works in which he showed fundamental misunderstanding
Leave philosophy to philosophers and not psychologists

Probably a good idea from a personal perspective.

However, the only way to save the west is to resolve the issues raised by Nietzche.

His work is a blackpill, it won't literally drive you insane.

JUNG, who built on what Nietzsche figured out, CAN make you go insane. But it's good shit.

If you're going to be ruled by your fear you should give up on enlightenment now.

Well I did a philosophy degree. Some philosophy is total bullshit, yes. People getting obsessed over stupid, inconsequential shit. And in retrospect I do believe I should have studied something far more practical.

I think it's a good thing to study if you want to become a journalist, or a politician, or something like that. For those things it is definitely useful to familiarise yourself with the big ideas of history.

In the end I think political philosophy is my favourite branch because it's a practical topic, it's talking about something real and concrete, rather than meaningless shite. Things like epistemology (philosophy of knowledge) and ontology (philosophy of existence) are basically just intellectual masturbation.

I think anyone can comment on philosophy if they've read the works properly and can make a good argument.

I haven't read Nietzsche or seen Peterson's commentary so I can't judge that, though.

Meh, things evolve, we'll sort it out

I don't care about enlightenment, I care about success

Also happened to me, nihilism can have varying and weird effects. Its like a slingshot trajectory for space travel, though extremely uncalculated. You could end up being an investment banker, or a schizophrenic hobo on the street who thinks that selling twigs he collected from a forest is a good business idea. Anything really.

At the very least, its extremely liberating. The purest form of freedom as you disconnect from anything that society tries to peddle to you.

I have no masters above me, only allies that can invigorate me with dank memes

*googles Nietzsche and see his quotes*

>Things like epistemology (philosophy of knowledge)
That's literally the only good part of philosophy. Political philosophy is utter garbage useful only as window-dressing for what specific politicians want to do anyway.

I do agree that ontology is just intellectual masturbation.

Sorry Jordan Petershit , I don't talk to intellectual hacks that get BTFO by Sam Harris

Kierkegaard>Nietzsche

I partially attribute my recent psychotic break to reading nietzsche, jung, and evola

This.

youtube.com/watch?v=F3W86hYg1Fg

There's a difference between passive nihilism and nihilism.

>I don't care about enlightenment, I care about success
Then you shouldn't study philosophy, you should study statistics.

I'm a dilettante (ie. Never went to school) but I have obsessed over philosophy for about 7 years and it has had a very negative impact on me. I repeatedly try to "quit" it but it's like a compulsion. Mostly ontology, and in a sort of insane way that veers into mysticism.
Anyway I think you're right that it has uses, but it can also be an endless struggle to restructure your basic understanding of reality, which is in turns painful and "revelatory".

"And of course Nietzsche was a cannibal, because that's what we all are. You know, we seek approval from each other by building a contract in which we agree to the rules of the game, and for women this involves the biggest male, but the only way to show who's bigger is to abandon this social contract, by consumption of what makes us human, which the post-modernists won't get because they don't want to, of course, but you see it everywhere, and especially if you want to be in an important job."

>every Peterson rant ever

>jung
I WARNED YOU

>Kikegaard

>posting the philosifu

>Psst, hey kid, wanna talk about Nietzsche?

Nietzsche had a mental breakdown he bited down on those black pills too hard.
many atheist dont seem to realize the inplications of what he meant by saying god is dead.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedrich_Nietzsche
On 3 January 1889, Nietzsche suffered a mental breakdown

(you)

Watching him "i literally cant even" about peoples fascination with communism is pretty entertaining, too

>everyone saying reading Nietzsche makes you lose your mind
> i'm reading "beyond good and evil" right now
>mfw going insane

Actually it's pronounced "Nietzsche".

>Evolution without courage will be the ruin of our race

Grow a pair of balls and read him.

shit

It's hard enough being a human being already.
I don't think that living life inside your mind questioning the human condition is the proper path.

I'm just going to go for a run now.

He basically opens the book 'Philosophy in the Tragic Age of the Greeks' by telling you not to read his shit.

How is it in the original German? I'm stuck with the English translation.

It's disgusting but their marketing is good, it plays almost perfectly on feelings of jealousy and resentment.

As an other insane guy said, you don't go insane without long intervals of horrible sanity.

Why did you photoshop him more normal?

Funny.
Nietzsche makes a bunch of puns and shit throughout the work. No real effort has been made to translate them.

How does reading him make you go insane? Or are you guys just larping?

Can someone fill me in on Evola's criticisms of Nietzsche? His writings can be very hard to follow.

y-yes sir

Because it makes you question the assumptions that underpin your worldview.

In many people, this causes instability in their personality and if and when you put your worldview back together, it may or may not be "normal".

user, so many people have read and deeply analyzed Nietzsche that it's wrong to just take those two.

Hard to say cuz I never read him in English. It's pretty fucked. His "18-19th century German" is not even close to modern German. But it's also authentic. Idk i only know the German Version but i guess it's easier to understand.

it made him go insane Jung addressed his theory on what he did, but it won't make you go insane just by reading it, depends on how deep you deconstruct your thoughts and if you can put them back together

What work of his (Nietzsche) should I read?

What the fuck is that nonsensical dribble?
Also off by one

LARPING
Genealogy of morality

A funny Nietzsche makes much more sense since there's nothing in there.

I've watched his videos and I like his lectures on mythology and allegories BUT this guy is controlled op. He rose to popularity out of nowhere and he's a kikelover

youtube.com/watch?v=CzO216m5Mkw

>society is a contract we all agree to
>in order to impress women and be the strongest, men need to violate the rules of the contract
>they basically "consume" the very foundation of society
>pomos are in denial about this (among other things)
>you see this in pattern in all levels of society

I don't get the consuming point at all, he never proposes that in the dominance hierarchy.

You sound like an incel

Nietzsche opposed the idea of a social contract though

>out of nowhere
He went viral after this video:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZP3mSamRbYA
Then he was part of the all 7s get. He's not controlled opposition and most of his work is contained in his book Maps of Meaning:
jordanbpeterson.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Peterson-JB-Maps-of-Meaning-Routledge-1999.pdf
Don't be a retarded newfag, do some research.

most people tend to be attracted by it because it plays into peoples wishful thinking.

It's a figure of speech.

It doesn't make any sense.

he did come out of no where retard he wasnt previously talked about at all until that moment.

Yes. I think part of it is overly agreeable people see it and want everyone to get along, and communism promises that. Who would question people promising to rid the world of all suffering? The disgusting part is how people ignore the bloody track record.

If the Church had any credibility left they could occupy this role and actually work towards the betterment of humanity, but it's so so corrupt. And it has been for centuries. The Church didn't fall apart when Luther came and fucked everything up, it was before that, when they KNEW corruption was going on and failed to stamp it out. Everything that has happened in the West since then is a direct result of that failure.

Yeah, talk about Nietzsche, user, find the truth.

That's not my fault.

>If the Church had any credibility left
at what point did they ever have credibility?

Bullshit he wasn't, check out the archives.
If you can't tell the difference between the attention someone gets before and after going viral you are literally retarded. His videos go back years as well.

Okay brainlet.

Sometime before Luther's Theses. I haven't looked deeply enough into Church history to give you an exact date. I do plan to research it once I'm done with some of my other projects (probably not for a decade or two).

It is, you idiot.

What utter nonsense. What backs up his statements, or are they just retarded axioms you just need to accept?
That's worse than reading Engels.
Talk about retarded.

The problem with Nietzsche is that I never met a burger who had it right
He did it on purpose because he didn't want the pleb to read him

See, another burger.
I have tried to read Zarathustra in English and it was awful compared to the french version.

I read a crap-ton of Nietzsche in college. I guess it is a phase children go through.
He said that happiness was the power of overcoming. (Happiness is the feeling that power increases - that resistance is being overcome.)

That is true in a limited sense. A great deal of people experience a great deal of happiness from that. But it is really an immature view of the world, like Frank Sinatra's "My Way". It is the raving of a four year old.

Schopenhauer said that true Art made us want to overcome the ordinary and to aspire to the sublime. (I'm not comparing apples and oranges, if you agree that true Art will impart a type of happiness.) So Nietzsche's philosophy gets bogged down in buddy/cop/adventure aesthetics, whereas Schopenhauer is reaching towards the higher good.

Tolstoy said much the same: that Art is that which brings us closer to God.

Now that I am older, I prefer Aquinas. Pretty much everything you want to know can be found in Aquinas, complete with excellent counterarguments that he refutes. Aquinas said that perfect happiness could not be found in this world, but rather in the next where we can contemplate the face of God. We can be imperfectly happy in this world through the contemplation of divine Truth. In this Aquinas is in agreement with Aristotle.

>peterson
>Nietzsche

Beta-fags.

It sounds to me like you got interested in philosophy because you want happiness, which is a shallow goal. Naturally Nietzche would not appeal to you, happiness was never his goal.

So Aquinas is good for you because it teaches you how to distract yourself from life and all it's pain.

The way happiness in Nietzche's thought is that since happiness and suffering are relating, increasing one increases another. Think Buddah, who said the way to relieve yourself from lose is to never desire anything. Now reverse it, that's Nietzsche: I can't find the quote but in one part he directly says he wants there to be more suffering in the world. It's a very masculine way of thinking, you don't run from pain, you run into it head first. Wrestling with the world, overcoming, is happiness, but in order to do that you must suffer.

As a result is is correct to say not only is Nietzsche not for everyone but if you follow him and you are not strong it can be dangerous.

Well first you said happiness was not the goal and then you said you must suffer a to to be happy, which implies happiness is the goal.

wtf, I love jews now.

I've seen the video faggot, but did you see mine? I suggest everyone watches it before making a verdict on JBP

He did come out of nowhere and all he does it give obvious fucking advice that any Sup Forumsack already knew. It's kekistan tier bullshit for normies lacking critical thinking. He's a jewlover so watch his videos but dont forget where he's speaking from

oyy veyy all muh friends happen to be jews and they deserve to control all media, government and financial institutions because they are sooo smart. Does anyone unironically agree with this bullshit? It's coming straight from Peterson. Defend this fags. I like some of his videos but I dont let my guard down just because some (((psychologist))) attacked some gender benders, for chrissake people

Me mentioning how happiness is obtained is not the same thing as saying it's the goal.

No, I don't want to discuss a guy whose work no one has really read but everyone uses as justification for whatever it is they're feeling / have done.

See for an example of what I mean

Oh

Peterson is obsessed with the death of God but avoids the rest of the things Nietzsche brought up almost entirely

go read 48laws of Power first

>Think Buddah, who said the way to relieve yourself from lose is to never desire anything. Now reverse it
I'm struggling, pls help

Doesn't he basically do a 180 FROM nihilism though? Like he has the same assertions as Stirner that nothing objectively matters, but then argues for supermen and doin ur best and shit.

Le burger again.
You'll always see them calling it childish.
Native americans would do human sacrifices while chanting fucked up shit in tuned with madness.
The greeks had a god of madness.
With madness comes a form of nihilism, the one he refers to. And I am not speaking of complete madness, rather a lack of need for sense and logic. Just more of me and less of you.
Here is a personal Nietzschan hope.
I hope that I survive WW3 global collapse in order to dominate freely with a little group of trusted people who thrive for the same thing, strong people, to feel alive although it sounds mad. Doesn't need to make sense, didn't you read him calling Socrates a snake? He was indeed a fucking snake and so are you.

Get out of here burger and go for a lawsuit instead. It probably tingles your inner jew.

>“I was taught to ascribe the origin of my blood and name to Polish noblemen who were called Niëtzky and left their home and nobleness about a hundred years ago, finally yielding to unbearable suppression: they were Protestants."
- Nachlass, Sommer 1882 21 [2]

>"my ancestors were Polish noblemen, even my grandfather's mother was Polish"
- letter to Heinrich von Stein, December 1882

>"My ancestors were Polish noblemen (Niëzky); it seems that the type is well preserved in spite of three German "mothers"
- letter to Georg Brandes, 10 April 1888

>"I thank Heaven, that in all of my instincts I am a Pole and nobody else."
- letter to Meta von Salis, 29 December 1888

>"And yet my ancestors were Polish noblemen: it is owing to them that I have so much race instinct in my blood, who knows? perhaps even the liberum veto."
- Ecce homo, chapter 3 (Warum ich so weise bin)

>"I am enough Polish, to give away all the music of the world just in exchange for Chopin."
- Ecce homo, chapter 4 (Warum ich so klug bin)

>"I am a pure-blooded Polish nobleman, without a single drop of bad blood, certainly not German blood.”
- Nietzsche Contra Democracy by Fredrick Appel, page 114

>“Germany is a great nation only because its people have so much Polish blood in their veins. [...]
>”I am proud of my Polish descent."
- The Philosophy of Friedrich Nietzsche by H. L. Mencken, page 6

What did he mean by this?

Lmao I like him but this is spot on.

what are you supposed to do with nihilism? that's no way forward to a good life.

he tried to make his own path but he was a sickly man

Because poles are slavs and slavs are closer to their natural instincts than teutonics.
Teutonics are technicians and Nietzsche spoke badly about the technicians. They ruin what it means to be human.

I think when you put intellect above all else that's basically an assault on the human spirit.

Hybride est aujourd’hui toute notre position en face de la nature, la violence que nous faisons à la nature à l’aide de nos machines et de l’esprit inventif et sans scrupule de nos ingénieurs et de nos techniciens ; hybride notre position vis-à-vis de Dieu, je veux dire d’une espèce d’araignée d’impératif et de finalité qui se cache derrière la grande toile, le grand filet de la causalité, — nous pourrions dire comme Charles le Téméraire en lutte avec Louis XI : « Je combats l’universelle araignée » — ; hybride notre position envers nous-mêmes, — car nous expérimentons sur nous comme nous n’oserions le faire sur aucun animal et, avec satisfaction et curiosité, nous découpons notre âme vive : que nous importe encore le « salut » de l’âme ! Et puis, nous nous guérissons nous-mêmes : l’état de maladie est instructif, nous en sommes persuadés, plus instructif encore que l’état de santé — les inoculeurs de maladies nous semblent aujourd’hui plus utiles que n’importe quels guérisseurs ou « sauveurs ». Nous nous faisons violence à nous-mêmes, c’est certain, nous autres casse-noisettes de l’âme qui posons des problèmes, problèmes nous-mêmes, comme si la vie ne consistait pas en autre chose qu’à casser des noisettes

This is what I am referring to.
The English books are shit.
Just translate this from French to English and figure it out. It's enough that I found it for you.

Pretty much. And everything it implies, even madness.

Eg.
Isn't it madness to wish that nukes were never invented because you think wars are good for humans despite all the suffering they imply?
Isn't madness to wish that we lived in the wild despite the chances of living max 30?
Kind of. But with it comes new stuff, and it balances the world. Anyway we're too much on this earth at the moment. Thanks to the technicians.

Final note because this thread is dead.
Teutonic might not be the best term.
But I hope you get the idea.

your average normie will never see "God is dead" in it's supposed context, they will only see an edgy atheist meme

>Evola

That guy looks like Nick Land

Everything JBP said in that video was pretty reasonable though.