Do I have to have studied politics in college to pursue a career in politics?

Do I have to have studied politics in college to pursue a career in politics?

>studied politics in college
nice meme

No

I feel as if you had connections and were charismatic, you could turn that degree into a profitable career.

It's probably better not to.

I'm not sure anyone has ever risen to power with a polisci degree

No, but if you're dumb enough to ask this question you have no business being in any office.

No, but you have to have studied Philosophy if not political science. All the top people worth their salt most likely studied philosophy in college.

True, philosophy teaches you how to break down your oppenents argument piece by piece to destroy it, it also helps you to make your claims more full proof and less easy to defeat. Just look at the header in Sup Forums Its all fallacious arguments, which is philosophy/logic 101 Logic is a part of philosophy.

Your best chance is a decent background in law, sources of funding continuous elections, and dozens of connections- some high tier (banking, politics, etc.), some mid-tier (local business magnates,).

Why are you agreeing with yourself?

>Want to be politician
>Work hard for years to get phd in philosophy
>Can carefully break down my opponent's rhetoric and logically destroy their words
>1st debate against my opponent
>1st word he says
>"racist"
>Get booed off stage
>Kill self
I don't think this is right.

>not agreeing with your own post with a long drawn out pretentious follow up paragraph

It's so obvious that you didn't study philosophy in college

No, political science is actually garbage. Law is the best, economics is pretty decent too. Besides that anything that's hard and sounds impressive, like engineering or a masters in mathematics

>MN has a fucking senator who spent most of his adult life in a diaper making rape jokes
>TX's Sheila Jackson retarded fucking Lee
>Movie star governors in MN and CA
>The last president won because 'he black'
>The current won because 'he ain't'

What are you talking about OP will fit right in

So how well would you say someone with a degree in an engineering field such as mechanical would fair in a political career (assuming their political views are admirable)

you need money and contacts, if you have that then your gud

im connected with my states Lt Gov. and even im too much of a spastic autist to get a job in politics

it means you're smart

if you want a career in politics just do what (((they))) tell you to do you stupid faggot

Be a history major with philosophy minor then go to law school. This will give you context, critical analysis skills and an understanding of how things work.

Get some breath mints because you'll be sucking a ton of dicks friend

Nah, just spend all that time you would have on college browsing pol and you'll be set.

You must have a pretty wife that will make you be seen as an alpha. Hard to find in america but in mexico is easy to find one.