We must recycle to save the earth from climate change

>we must recycle to save the earth from climate change
>oh look there's a beans tin mixed in with all that cardboard and glass guess we better send it all to the landfill

How does Sup Forums feel about this? I've personally had a full wheelie of pristine recycling turned down because someone through a stubbed out fag into it over night, why should i waste my time splitting items if theyre not even willing to pick a nub end out of it

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/216389085
archive.is/l6sk0
youtu.be/tkvgFUZZ2ds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just recycle it into fire.

penn and teller did a bs on recycling, its one of the few eps that I really liked.
a lot of the things we recycle take less effort, money and recourse to replicate than what is saved by recycling. I cant remember exactly all the things that are worth recycling but aluminium is one of them.
check out that episode

it's not lack of knowledge it's lack of care desu

This.

The only reason I recycle is because I am limited to the number of bags I can't put out each week but not limited in recyclables. Therefore by separating my garbage I can make more trash while maintaining the limit.

>tfw recycling program causes people to use more consumables.

>burgers think making a stupid "toy" out of a plastic bottle is recycling

>stop weekly rubbish takeaway
>suprised when people dump more shit in their recycling bags

>saving the world

... i'm a recycler of powerade bottles
>just aussie things

Pissing in coke bottles is recycling, right?

Checked. Truth.

I usually just put everything in the bin. It's amazing how many people at uni find that idea totally repulsive. Mostly because the people telling me to recycle are the same people telling me to hate myself for being male and White, why would I listen to them?

recycling is cringey. wait- im going to sort through trash? for free? for you? nah cunt. no.

you want it so bad you either pay me or pay someone else to do it for me otherwise i have no time for pseudo science virtue signalling bullshit.

fuck recycling.

I studied waste management at uni

It was pretty interesting desu

Had to justify the use of mugs over polystyrene cups and the life cycle of the mug meant it needed to be used for about 5 years to offset the equivalent amount of polysyrene cups

The bigger incentive of that though was that 5 years of polystyrene cup use meant you would have ingested about a golf balls worth of polystyrene

Ahh. If only it had gotten me a job.

We are importing the garbage of other nations because our own recycling and waste processing has become too efficient for our own needs. Step up rest of the world.

I have a bigger bin for recycling, so i recycle

Known ever since LE TRASH MAN's episode on recycling back in fuckin 2008 or whenever itwas.

>We are importing the garbage of other nations
pretty sure all of Europe is doing that.

recycling, much like globl warming is a conspiracy by the left to control resources and raise tax revenue

I will always put recycling stuff in the black bin and general waste in the green bin.

Why not just put your rubbish in the recycling bin? Fuck the system.

The one time cost of buying a mug and the tiny bit of water used to clean it costs more than constantly buying plastic cups up to 5 years?

>5 years of polystyrene cup use meant you would have ingested about a golf balls worth of polystyrene
that is pretty interesting, any other fun facts?

see
based fostersfag

Because i hardly produce any rubbish to begin with, i only need to put my bin out once a month. It really isnt an issue

No memes about diversity, literal old crap, the Italians pay us to take the garbage Rome and Neaplea drown in, we take out the valueable things and burn the rest fir energy which we also sell, it's not that hard really.

Worked in a recycling plant. This isn't true.

>implying the world has standardized bin colouring
You fucking monkey

What are you, a third worlder?

>i only need to put my bin out once a month

Abo confirmed.

In Holland you get money for delivering plastic bottles or glass ones into recycling spot, it's barely nothing but if you consider the ammount of bottles over the year you get quite big sum of money. Why can't this be a thing everywhere?

Many recycling stations are already running massive magnets through all kinds of wastes as a huge number of those metals can be sorted out, molten and sold in blocks/cables for a huge profit return.
Paper can easily be recycled, washed, rinsed and repressed into new paper for a near endless cycle.
It depends on the quality of the glass to get it recycled, some types of special glass can be recollected by companies, washed and refilled.
Plastic usually can't be recycled, only burned to gain electicity.
The problem with unsorted refuse is that separating tons of it requires hundreds and thousands of hours without any ROI. So it usually gets burned BUT the issue here is bio material which makes the waste too moist and paper refuse making fires way too hot and short-lived.

pen and teller bullshit recycling:

vimeo.com/216389085

apologies, black bins here are for general waste

green for recycling

Fucking stoner it's not okay to smoke weed with a dog what's wrong with you take medicine you metaphysical fuckhead.

Where the hell do you live? Here it's green for general waste, blue for recycling and brown for garden waste.

We all do it when we're drunk.

I'm too wobbly to go to the toilet to piss so I'm just going to save the planet and piss in a bottle then close the lid and forget it under my bed for like two weeks.

GO GREEN!

my dog likes it, I've made a blow out machine for him with a toilet roll and a coke bottle cut off so he doesn't lick my face when I dutch him out

yes. I know I was as surprised as you are, which is why I had to fall back to the health side of ingesting polystyrene over that period

well at the time there was only one polystyrene recycling center in the world, and it was in denmark. So if you wanted to recycle it anywhere else in the world they would have to ship it there

Just bits and pieces were interesting I guess. Like the local recycling center employed lots of people with criminal histories (since it's gross work). But the whole center got defunded due to a council shakeup so suddenly all the ex-employees went back to breaking into peoples houses and robbing businesses. So I guess you could look at it that it was keeping idle hands busy

Here it's black for recycling. What sort of madness is this? We need some sort of international agency to help make sure all of the trash containers are the same color for the same sorts of trash.

Nice digits
This is 100% true.
It's all useless shit.

archive.is/l6sk0

norwich. fuck, guess it must vary on which council

maybe this guy can develop it?

Just piss in the sink like a civilised human.

No, i just cook my own meals all the time, so not much waste
How do you even fill a bin once a week? You cunts are probably the abos filling it with fucking maccas bags all day

>It's a "Sup Forums acts retarded when it comes to the environment because its contrarian" episode

we get 10cents refund on glass, plastic or aluminum drinking containers where i live. You can 100% bet those cunts are sorting our recycling even when soiled.

That community is just fucked. I have single stream recycling. All the recycle goes in the blue bin and sorted at the center. Trash in the black bin for the power plant. Metal is sorted from the ashes for recycle and the ashes used in road base. Yard waste is picked up curb side for mulching. Electronics/batteries/appliances I take to the transfer station on Saturday. No landfill.

If you drink from plastic bottles, you'll become a poofter

>living in south australia

Is it really that dumb to be contrarian right now? Even if you just do the exact opposite of the majority without putting any extra thought into it, you're probably going to be right a decent amount of the time.

Where I live you just throw all the recycling together and I guess they sort it out down at the dump. They won't turn you away if you got an incorrect item in there

Here is a fun fact.

Those reusable bags people use for shopping are almost as bad. You need to use them over 1000 times, otherwise it's just more efficient to use single use paper/plastic bags. Best part is, most of those reusable bags aren't designed for 1000+ uses, they'll drop apart long before that.

25 hideous things your kids can make that you now have to keep all over your house, and now your decor is all fucked up

>limited to the number of bags I can't put out each week

Mine is the other way around. Trash is picked up once per week and recycling every other week. If I forget to take out the recycling one week, it is overflowing by the 2nd

>living in australia

My local council turn food waste into energy which then we buy back. Kinda shit.
Also compost.

Recycling is a good thing, only a spastic wouldnt do it.

Show me one abo who has EVER used a rubbish bin- just one!

Ever been to an abo settlement? It's absolute squalor.
What am I saying of course you have Jackie Jackie, you're such an abo they named you twice.

Oh wow I had no idea. I gotta look this stuff up. Kind of shocking about the mugs

>Show me one abo who has EVER used a rubbish bin- just one!
That's where they put their babies.

yes there are stupid rules about what you can put in some special coloured bin or whatever. in our building we had a row about pizza boxes recently. the boxes say they can be recycled but the council said they couldn't because they're greasy. wtf

but recycling as a whole is good
in 1980 only about 1% of household waste was recycled
now it's about 30%
does anyone really think it would have been better if all those millions of tons of waste had gone into landfill?

Fucking touché
Made me spit my beer you bastard

I'm just curious . . . In the USA, if you have a criticism of something minorities do, they always have an excuse. What is the abo excuse for not using bins?

bro go to ozbongs, 30 bucks min for a glassy or some sex shops or tabbaco shop will do it if you ask for a "water/oil pourer". Gatorades are hazardous to your health

also fuck this cunt burgers dont mix or spin ughhh

Depends if the cost to tax payers is higher than the ROI, australia has enough space that we dont have to worry about landfill size

It reminds them of segregation.

You island monkeys dont have single stream or co-mingle recycling sorting technology?

>fuck off white cunt

That's the literal excuse.

The government give them anything they demand so they just leave cars to rot in the desert for example.
You know when you're coming close to an abo settlement because garbage starts appearing on the landscape.

Anyway here's a show about it, its real.
youtu.be/tkvgFUZZ2ds

Recycling, yet another thing among many where good people try to do the good thing but unintentionally cause more harm than by not doing anything.

Muh land, traditional owners, close the gap

If the pizza boxes are too greasy the cleaning would cost more energy than letting them rot.

Who else >nosound?

No sound is a good thing trust me.

Ive seen people act high and mighty after driving 20 miles round trip to recycle 1 tv remote. 1 tiny electronic board vs all that gas burnt

!!!!!!
>Crack open the battery
>Melt the lead
Fucking horrible.
Tbh they seem to have more of a can-do attitude than our nigs.

For some reason the town i bought a house in still has 1990s garbage regulations. Weekly pickup, no limit, no green bins, recycling optional. Based

Metal and some glass. They are worth recycling.

Most everything else simply is not. It is toxic, the returns are more wasteful than just making shit from scrap, and a better way to handle the refuse is to melt it down to a toxic ball and launch that shit into space with a rail gun.

I don't know if recycling is that important but biodegradability is a big issue, we use an insane amount of plastic when we should be using more glass, paper and cardboard. We should be changing those habits before even think about recycling at all.

Plastics are also bad for you in most cases.

>how does Sup Forums feel about this

I'm really happy I've got two wheelie bins to put my rubbish in. Someone else can sort which shitpile is which later on

Recycling accomplishes nothing. Someone decided they could create a domestic industry with it but its totally inefficient.

I dont recycle anything.

The apple doesn't look half bad though.

I met a guy in the US who ran a company which sorted recycling on the west coast. Massive operation. He said the only things they couldnt recycle were medical sharps and everything else had a scrap value. He said it was a very lucrative business and best of all - the people didnt have to bother sorting any trash at all just toss it all, glass bottles and everything, right into the trash and they look after it for you.

The same way I've always felt. It's got fuck all to do with saving the planet and is all about making the local authorities money. Separating the stuff was a pain in the arse and the reduced number of pick ups was not helpful, so I gave up. Rather than pay my taxes only to have to do free labour (sorting) for the council, I just put it all in black bags and take it to the dump every now and then on my way to work. It all goes to landfill now.

How does recycling work in the UK?

We put everything that can be recycled into one bin and thats it.

>Had to justify the use of mugs over polystyrene cups and the life cycle of the mug meant it needed to be used for about 5 years to offset the equivalent amount of polysyrene cups
Does this take into account the pollution costs of manufacturing and waste disposal?

This. In high school I did a class presentation on why recycling is bad. You can bet your bottom dollar the liberals in my class were kvetching over that one trying to wrap their heads around it and shit.
Recycling pollutes the environment, especially for paper, and the jobs it makes are low wage shit tier jobs.
Put it all in a landfill, bury it, and harvest the methane gas for energy.

there is a sorting facility at the landfill they take all the shit they can.

Sounds nice but it's not what happens. The city collects all our shit and sells it to the landfills as a third party. And they don't knowingly buy mixed bags. That's why the cities have stopped collecting it in the first place.

That would be the most optimal solution. Recycling without the inconvenience and no reliance on dumb plebs. Sadly it's all about money and most local authorities think they can get more money by selling off "pre sorted" waste, most of which ends up in landfill.

Fuck this. All recyclables go in the normal bin. I purposely take really long showers. I always fill the kettle to the top. I leave my computer on overnight. I always throw rubbish out the car window. I always use way more shitroll than required. I make sure to rev my engine extra hard while in London, especially at traffic lights, got to gas them darkies somehow.

>It depends on the quality of the glass to get it recycled, some types of special glass can be recollected by companies, washed and refilled.

No. It depends on the color of the glass. Once it gets all mixed up it turns into useless mud colored garbage.

This. I live in NorMex (SoCal) so dumping oil down the storm drain is just par for the course.

>tfw washing out old marmite jars and and baked bean tins

>visit america and see how energy intensive every aspect of life is and how much waste there is

All is futile, let the world burn

I have red bags for cardboard and purple bags for plastic (but not clingfilm/cellophane) and tin cans; these get collected weekly. Then there are brown bags for garden waste that are collected bi weekly, but not on the same day as regular waste which is also collected bi weekly but is limited to 2 bags per household regardless of how many people live there. Then there are bags for food waste which has to then be placed into a special bucket and is collected weekly the day after the recycling and regular waste collection. And finally used nappies have to be separated from all the other waste, put into a special bag and you have to ring the council to arrange a separate collection. There are some places in the country that have it even worse.

Like I said, I black bag it all and take it to the dump, fuck that noise.

>pay me
>Used to live in commiefornia
>Would collect all the beer cans when hanging out with friends
>Sell it to a recycling center and buy more beer

Thanks for your service.

Always recycled.... till they started saying i should add a new bag for seafood, another one for meat, another one for plastic, other for "fast degradable stuff", and so.

So fuck it, now everything goes to the same bucket.

I don't know why this hasn't caught on all over the world. We have special needs people ripping open garbage bags on a conveyor belt at the dump and sorting out all the recyclables. You don't need to separate them at all just throw them right in the garbage and let the tards do the work. The same can be done with prisoners.

In Boise Idaho they ship all recycling 6 hours away by truck to Portland. As you drive down the interstate you can see these trucks and the little bits of garbage flying off in clouds. By the time they arrive in Portland half the original material is gone