Martial Arts

What are some Sup Forums approved martial arts? I'm planning on starting brazilian jiu jitsu sometime soon but I've also heard great things about krav maga.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SGpDVCkhtD4
youtu.be/SGpDVCkhtD4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Capoeira for sick anime skills. Also very fun

Don't just train in one discipline. Find an MMA gym that will teach you BJJ, boxing, Muay Thai, etc.

This seems like good advice. There's two well-reviewed gyms in my area that offer a good variety between the two. I'd like to just start with one discipline but eventually would like to learn more eventually.

what's your objective?
Competition, self-defence, body strengthening, body-mind harmony?

Tai chi

Krav Maga is the aikido of our time.
The idea of how much you can defend yourself with martial arts is deluded beyond belief. Except a few basics (throwing a punch, taking a punch, blocking, throwing etc) you won't "get" anything. The idea that you can defend yourself against 8 armed niggers with a yellow belt in bjj is suicidal.

>What martial art should I do?
The one you like so that you stick to the training. Beyond a few retarded ones like Aikido, Krav Maga, Ninjutsu, etc. all are okay.
You'll have the fastest learning curve at boxing. No bullshit. Just hitting and taking hits. That should be enough for every possible situation you'll ever encounter that can be resolved with martial arts.
Add in some grappling (bjj, wrestling, judo) and you're set.

open-hand master race

Krav Maga is jew bullshit, train Okinawan karate.

Krav maga is the most useful in a street fight.The key is to find a good instructor.Also IKMF is the only true krav federation so pick one of their schools.
Other than Krav id suggest kyokusin karate,Thai and kboxing.
Bjj and capoeira are faggot tier rofl

I've been in Krav Maga for a little under a decade, and BJJ for only about a year. Krav Maga I feel is probably the most applicable in a real world situation, but BJJ is just more fun.

>implying bar/street fights are less intense than 2 fags poofing each other with gloves
>needs a ref because he's scared of losing and getting hurt by someone

Growing up all me and my friends did was skateboard/drink beer/fight. Sorry I never had a zebra shirted fag regulating drunken brawls technicalbro. I have lots of training equipment and frequently use all of it.
Oh btw: any combat sport that isn't strike based is for faggots. So no, your BJJ manhugging seshes are gay and weak as all hell.

Don't bother with eastern shit. Learn boxing or MMA. A few lessons with some hard dude is 10x better than years of training under some weeb who insists on teaching impractical shit that you will never use outside of the vicinity.

bjj and boxing. judo and boxing. any sort of wrestling and boxing. any grappling art plus boxing is all you need. don't need to go overboard if you're not competing.

avoid any "self-defense" art and that includes krav maga. they're all bullshit. if your art doesn't involve free form sparring then it's useless.

Im black belt ninjutsu. Its true most shit you learn isnt pratical but there is some that its pretty great to know. Hit points, how to get away from grabs, dodge and others. I wouldnt recommend you learn only that but i find it a great complement to Muay Thai.

Animal form Kung fu.
You know snake fighting and golden crane kicks.
Anything that has the word cobra or tiger in front of it is usually pretty fucking deadly

I think that's a good one because many fights end up on the ground, but yes, krava maga seems good about pretty much fighting dirty and ending it with deadly force ASAP. The goal in combat should be to kill or escape. Otherwise go get in the ring and fight for sport if that's what you want. If you're not prepared to kill and risk being killed then don't fight. This is why must white people don't get into bullshit fights like niggers do.

ITT people who have no idea of wht they are talking about

You're still limiting yourself to the training style of that gym tho. The best thing to do is study anatomy and learn the simplest ways to kill and severely wound someone.

I would maybe learn sword fighting but that's for when I have better times

Depends why you want to learn.

youtube.com/watch?v=SGpDVCkhtD4

The MMA meme strikes again.

Choice of martial arts is highly dependent on what you are trying to accomplish.

Want to use the baseball bat at your door in case of an emergency?
Learn filipino martial arts. Arnis, Escrima, Kali, whatever. Just keep in mind that these terms just mean that it's martial arts from the pinoy country and that it will likely have dual-wielding (note: the systems make no distinction between two fists, two sticks or a fist and a broken beer bottle) and crippling of the opponent at its core.
Avoid knife-focused styles, as knife combat is a retarded idea in absolutely all circumstances. Both from a survival and a legal perspective.

Want to get into better shape, get to know your body better?
Do taichi.

Want to quickly learn how to defend yourself?
Boxing, kickboxing, etc.
Comes with massive stamina bonus.

Constantly getting into streetfights?
MMA meme. Muay Thai.

You want to break bricks with your fists and don't consider manual dexterity to be of importance?
Do karate. (Seriously, don't do this if you like drawing or something, as it will deform your hands)

Like to know a bit of everything?
Do German Jujutsu. Just make double and triple sure that your trainer is actually competent, because Jujutsu's open curriculum means that you can either learn a bit of everything or nothing of everything.

Haha there's something to be said for pretending you're a leopard and tearing out somebody's throat though.

Run along home then pussy boy, mama's calling.
Oh wait, that was your BJJ lover, he misses your firm grasp bb.

There are two types of martial arts:
1) Those that closely simulate real fighting conditions.
2) Those that are practiced in front of a mirror with partner drills and stop/go point-sparring.

So, for example, Boxing, Muay Thai, Brazillian Jiu Jitsu, and wrestling fall into the first category (when you spar, or roll, or wrestle in these disciplines, it is identical to what you would be doing in a fight.

On the other hand, Karate, Kung Fu, Tae Kwon Do, Jeet Kun do, Aikido, Krav maga, etc fall into the second category. You spend every class:

1) Throwing punches and kicks into the air in front of a mirror.
2) Doing partner drills with friendly people at half speed.
3) Point-sparring at half speed where you stop and reset every time somedody lands a single, miserable body-hit.

I did karate for 4 years, and won 3rd in the nationals. I would have gotten FUCKED up if I ever tried to rely on it in a fight. There's a damn good reason that MMA turned into a hybrid of BJJ, Muay Thai, and Wrestling... and that you never see ANYBODY representing those other disciplines.

I took Kung Fu for a few months when I was younger and my instructor did a praying mantis drop-punch on my shoulder blade and I literally dropped like a pile of bricks. Weirdest shit ever

Also Kung Fu heel kicks are deadly as fuck

Also the teacher was probably a kike, he made us run outside in 40C weather for an hour until we dangerously dehydrated then had no water fountains on site, sold us bottled water for $3

Mixed martial arts and martial arts is Eastern shit, you dumb fuck. Holy shit, go kill yourself.

>German Jujutsu
underrated

Fuck off, christcuck.

>Beyond a few retarded ones like Aikido, Krav Maga, Ninjutsu, etc. all are okay.
Always make sure that reactions are drilled in some fashion.
It doesn't need to be full contact sparring, though that's certainly the fastest way to do it.
I do balintawak and we use a semi-sparring type of drill, where an instructor just alternates attacks in a random fashion and tries to throw you off while you try to make all defenses correctly.
Misposition your feet? Trainer taps you in the shin or steps on your toes. Forgot to use your off-hand for defense? Tap to the face to show that you could have caught a fist there.

>Be me
>Wing Chun and MMA student
>Sparred with a Tai chi instructor
>Think to myself, "I got this"
>He broke my collar bone with an open palm strike

When I was younger I practiced hapkido. I think I'm gonna look into boxing.

L2read faggotboy ive said it above bjj is for lil fags like you and your deadbeat father

if you're trying to kill people then just buy a gun dude lol

if you're just looking to defend yourself in hand to hand then take boxing to learn how to keep yourself balanced, how to manage distance correctly and how to punch properly using proper leverage. Any grappling art to help you learn how take people down, how to avoid being taken down and how to get back on your feet. There's not much else you need to know.

If the guy has a knife or a gun then you're pretty much fucked no matter how badass you are and you just need to run away, unless you're carrying yourself

You wont be as racist that's for sure I train with a chechen for Sambo and Kyoukoshin with a Mexican champion who moved here to train high level fighters.

Do Sambo with Kickboxing best combo but if you don't have enough money Judo+Boxing very solid.

Basically all of them are good for different purposes but don't expect anything without sparring to help you in a real situation. Also, 100m sprints for serious self defence.

If you actually want to use martial arts for self-defense they are all pretty much memes in a world where in a street fight people can gang up on you or pull a weapon without you even noticing it. All I'd recommend for real world fighting is boxing since it trains you to avoid your opponent touching you while punching them in the head real hard which works in any situation and actually Judo especially if you're a manlet/female because being able to toss someone bigger than you trying to get ontop of you away is also very useful. Then run away really fast after doing either of these two things.

Learn Wushu. They shit on everyone in real word scenarios.

BJJ > KRAP MAGA

Judo because it was specifically designed for wrestling Jews into ovens.
>really a bump though.

You aren't supposed to "train" Jeet Kune Do, it is a philosophy of martial arts, not an arte in and of itself.

There's always one butthurt low tier fag.
If it makes you feel less butthurt I did Krav Man and was shitting on blackbelts while I was still a white.
Just using my credentials to btfo of kikepilled fags thinking the Krav Majew they just did somehow honed their fighting skills.

BJJ all the way bro...the true combat grappling sports (wrestling/BJJ/Judo) have the advantage of practice being much like a fight, whereas disciplines like Krav Maga just repetitively practice the movements, but not with much partner involvement because it is "too dangerous"...f' that.

What you want is the muscle memory and reflex of actually executing a technique against an opponent who is resisting you 100%.

I started in Judo at 19yo...didn't even know what it was..wanted to do Aikido because Steven Seagal...Judo coach said that was for old men. Got my 2nd degree black belt, then trained under Alliance BJJ black belt and got high level blue belt under him.
And when some faggot says grappling isn't good for multiple attackers, I say you better worry about defeating 1 attacker before you consider multiples. And BTW, BJJ is the quickest route to actually being a badass.
V/pg lurker out.

Theres nothing I hate more than people who practice SHIT martial arts (like Karate, Kung Fu, Krav maga), and think they're fucking deadly. Their entire training environment is a bubble where everybody blows smoke up everybody else's ass, nothing is ever challenged or questioned, and a personality cult forms around the teacher and his top students. You end up with literally 40+ people thinking they know how to fight when they've never even been tested in any meaningul way.

People give their whole lives to studying systems that dont even fucking work. Fuck Krav maga. Fuck Karate. Fuck Kung Fu. Fuck Taekwondo. Fuck Aikido. Fuck Jeet Kun Do etc, etc, etc...

Take that bullshit to your nearest muay thai ring, and see how many minutes it holds up for.

I practice HEMA for cultural and fun reasons

This is pretty accurate. Somebody who is and effective boxer and also learns more damaging strikes than just punching could really mess somebody up. Boxers tend to have the most powerful punching technique but they should know how to fight dirty on top of that.

>Boxing
>closely simulated fight
Dude. No.
I'm not arguing that boxing is ineffective in a street fight. It's obviously more than enough to take down most people.
But it's clearly a game, in the sense that it's sports based on a specific ruleset. It's the incarnation of artificially structured martial arts.

In fact, boxers have this problem where they can break their hands in real fights, due to being used to gloves.

Your distinction makes no sense. It should be a sliding scale. Aikido is on an entirely different level of "train no reactions at all" than tae kwon do. Fuck, the latter is essentially boxing with your feet.

Also, don't discount the fact that street fighters can't even throw proper punches. Just your knowledge of how to throw a punch, how to defend and the fact that your body is better trained than average would have allowed you to be an effective fighter in most street situations.
Seriously, most street fighters just throw really shitty haymakers. Their technique is so shitty that it makes you wince.

Manlets have Judo advantage when it comes to leverage. 6'2 here and it's more effort for me to do a hip throw than get thrown.

Boxing if you're a lazy fuck like me that can't be bothered to learn the 6 gorillion techniques jew jitsu offers.

I actually fought in a MMA bout before it was catchweight so I had 20 lbs on this German guy read my post I do a type of Karate and modified combat sambo and I just kicked him repeadtely till he fell and got on his back.
.t 6'2 220 lb Croat dude

Bro karate is no joke it depends on which discipline u do

Boxing and judo actually have a similar weakpoint: Street clothes.
Judo grips can be adapted to work without a gi, but you have to learn those adapted grips first.
Same goes for boxing when it comes to the strength of your strikes and how you target them. Hit their face at full force and they might go down, but your ungloved fist is certain to be pulverized.

krav maga only works against palestinians with rocks, being white hard counters it. learn boxing

>beat all challengers
>not even the best Gracie
>boxers btfo
>karate btfo
There really is no debate

BJJ is THE best foundational system. If you supplement it with some boxing lessons, or even Taekwondo (anything that's simple with quick progression), to improve your basic strikes, you'll be as good as any normal person needs to be at fighting. The best thing about BJJ is that it's fairly low impact, which meas you can train literally every day if you want, and you can continue to train hard unto your 40's, 50's, and 60's and beyond. Most real fights can be ended with a solid punch to the jaw, but knowing how to chock someone out will make you a killer.

Krav Maga is a meme. It's 90% fitness pad punching, and nut kicks at most schools.

Take a quick look over the replies in total.

Take a look at your national flag.

Any reply that does not mention training with weapons is useless to you. You live in the USA? You live in a country where everyone is carrying a knife as bare minimum.

So aside from firearms training you are after martial arts that include bladed weapons, sticks/clubs, and improvised weapons. Take a look at Filipino martial arts as a starting point.

The point is to defeat an attacker quickly. Grappling may help, but generally getting entangled with someone takes more time and you don't want that if somebody else is attacking you. Unless you have time and are fortunate enough to manipulate or throw one into the other assailants then strike and go, doing your best to keep from getting caught up and surrounded until you can break away is better. Yes, I'm saying fend them off and try to run away instead of trying to judo flip them one at a time. If it were me then the only time I'd use grappling is if I just got lucky enough to catch a limb and manipulate the guy into somebody else and immediately put distance between us.

>In fact, boxers have this problem where they can break their hands in real fights, due to being used to gloves.
That's why you use your belt as hand wrapping

OK, had to post 1 more time...boxing is awesome in a street fight as long as you are on your feet....the problem is that street fights rarely stay 100% on the feet.

One the most memorable street fights I ever saw was in 7th grade. A huge strong/fat offensive lineman against cornerback who was Golden Gloves boxer....the lineman took the boxer down initially...boxer covered up and managed to weather the storm...lineman got tired..boxer managed to get to his feet and put on a fucking epic display of boxing...that 120lb kid beat the fuck out of the huge lineman and barely got touched. Now I'm really out. Much respect Sup Forums.

Krav Maga is white belt BJJ with groin strikes. Watch any demonstratin on youtube they pull guard then go for groin strikes and eye pokes.

BJJ is the best martial art for DISCIPLINE. If you watch the UFC you know it's useful in a fight. It's very easy to find a gym, you can train every day without too much fear of injury. It's also a good entry point to training MMA, you can branch out into cooler shit like Judo and Sambo and Tae Kwondo and Muay Thai and Boxing often at the same gym.

If you want self defense carry a gun bitch. if you want to punch niggers out at the bar learn to box. If you want a lifetime sport with real winners and losers that is extremely functional in a self defense context, you're looking for BJJ.

Personally I think Sambo is the most redpilled. High percentage throws that chain to leg attacks (illegal in Judo cause nips are fags) and leg lock defense when attacking a standing opponent from the ground. Plus I'd rather learn from some slavic wrestler than a Brazilian pothead.

>muh Krav Maga
Ah yes, the illusive "most lethal" martial art that has 0 competitions and 0 application to combat sports. Teach me your groin kick ways rabbi, wherever else will I learn to find an exit and use everyday objects as weapons?!?

Groin kicks or not if one of you Krav Maga fucks tried to put a medium level BJJ player in guard he'd pass you and kill you with a Darce choke in 10 seconds. You're gonna be mashing his gonads as the black walls close in around you.

Eye pokes and low blows DO NOT make you as lethal on the ground as joint attacks and chokes.

>if your art doesn't involve free form sparring then it's useless.

Exactly. BJJ is mostly sparing. Practice practice practice. It's so much better than just hitting hand bags, and doing repeat movements for an hour. EVERY BJJ class you will grapple with someone. It's the only way you really learn.

Yeah where's that video of the fat guy in Hawaiian shirt dropping several people with haymakers?

What kind of kicks?

Opinion from a guy that can literally kill everyone in this thread with his bare hands:
youtu.be/SGpDVCkhtD4

I do kung fu and I'd say its pretty well rounded. Luckily our instructor(not the Master) is a vet so he teach us what he learn in the army/police.
And when we spar, we go hard enough to avoid getting permanent injuries.
I'd like to do Judo or Sambo eventually, and capoeira for more agility.

Fists just don't seem like a good way to strike. Why did this become the standard in the west?

>Hit their face at full force and they might go down, but your ungloved fist is certain to be pulverized.

that why you hit their soft "weak spots", liver, solar plexus even stomach. But nothing goes over a good kick, a good low kick that paralyzes one of the opponents legs and basically takes him out of the game.

You like going at it with hard dudes?

I mostly threw leg kicks than faked alot smashed him in the torso and I think I winded him because he went "urggghhhh" and fell down backwards

Learn how to awaken your siddhis. In the ancient Sanskrit language of India, the word 'siddhi' means 'perfection'. In its most common usage, the word 'siddhi' refers to an ability that is a natural and inherent faculty of our true identities as eternally alive souls. The soul is smaller than an atom and larger than the universe. The soul is infinitely small and infinitely large. The soul is ALL-PERFECT AND EVER-PERFECT. The soul is the storehouse of ALL ENERGY, ALL POWER AND ALL STRENGTH. The soul is PURE CONSCIOUSNESS. The soul possesses ALL siddhis and there are an INFINITE number of siddhis. Among all of these siddhis, there are considered to be eight major siddhis. Siddhis can be awakened through a variety of methods. In Patanjali's Yoga Sutras IV.1, it is stated:

"Siddhis may be attained through birth, the use of herbs, incantations, self-discipline or samadhi."

Here is a list of the eight major siddhis (in no particular order):

Laghima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as light as you want.

Garima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as heavy as you want.

Mahima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as large as you want.

Anima siddhi: Making your body and/or anything else as small as you want.

Prapti siddhi: Having unrestricted access to any and/or all places.

Prakamya siddhi: Fulfillment of whatever you desire.

Isitva siddhi: Control over any and/or all of the laws of nature.

Vasitva siddhi: Being able to control any and/or all beings.

"A man is a god in ruins. When men are innocent, life shall be longer, and shall pass into the immortal, as gently as we awake from dreams." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Steven Thompson bro you can't tell me all Karate is useless, that nigga got in the cage with every savage in the middleweight division and put on a point striking clinic. If it works against Robbie Lawler it fucking works.

>that why you hit their soft "weak spots", liver, solar plexus even stomach.
Well yeah, but in stress situations you follow your training.
Which, in boxing, has a component of hitting people in the face.

How else would you strike? Head is worse, has no reach and can give you a concussion and makes you incapable of seeing incoming dangers. Legs unbalance you.

Great advice. I think dropkicks are underrated.

Palm strikes are just as good. It's the principles you learn that matter. or you could do this

This is your fate if you practice brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

Ouch. Going down from a body shot is usually the end of it. I've noticed those leg kicks are standard practice in MMA now. It makes sense to wear down the legs and keep distance if possible.

I've been training BJJ for about 8 years. Before that I trained krav maga for about 6 months.

BJJ is effective, and can genuinely change your life.

Krav maga might work in a real situation, but it's impossible to train at 100%. That's the ultimate difference. Go to a Krav class, and you'll be br air punched 100 times by an old lady telling you "you gotta block these, I'm winning!"

Go to a jiu jitsu class, and you'll meet a bunch of really humble people that want you to learn. Stick with it for about a year, and you'll be able to submit/control any untrained person, even someone somewhat bigger than you.

>Well yeah, but in stress situations you follow your training.
>Which, in boxing, has a component of hitting people in the face.
Yes, a component. There's other stuff, and if you're not a complete dipshit you train that too.

Confirmed. Since I've achieved the opening of the eight gates and realized enlightenment I have never had to defend myself from aggressors.

learn gunjutsu if you are american

Boxing and grappling. Everything else is meme shit with too many moves to do a simple function.

The goal of any fight is to stop the other guy as quickly as possible.

Learn to punch, and learn how to get in close and throw them to the ground.

Stupid people

Wear wrestling ear guards. It's a puss mentality to be afraid of being made fun of. They exist for a reason.

what is headgear?

Greek wrestling, boxing, kickboxing, and judo are all great foundations. Also a melee weapon style because everything is a melee weapon. It's all good. Never stop learning new things and applying them as needed.

Did you forget that you can't carry a gun everywhere? Sometimes you need to defend yourself without a gun. Holy shit, how do people not understand this?

>The goal of any fight is to stop the other guy as quickly as possible.
>Learn to punch, and learn how to get in close

then learn any variant of kick boxing. Kicks have more reach and have the potential to be far more devastating, stopping your opponent before he gets into punching reach.

Even if you DO plan on carrying a gun, thinking you'll be effective in a high stress situation without TRAINING is absurd.

You may be accurate hotting a non-moving piece of paper. If you've never done it, hitting a moving target, compounded by stress, is about impossible.

Train train train.

Or sit in your basement shitposting.

I know that feel, bruh. Every time a guy tries to start shit with me, I just use Hakai to erase him from existence.

>Also a melee weapon style because everything is a melee weapon.
As I said here belts are pretty nice. If you have one with a decent buckle you could leave a few inches dangling and then use that to swing the buckle into your target's face.

This. Great work out also, even if you don't actually fight. It's a good way to get in shape and stay in shape.

I'd say any solo sport, Boxing is probably the most useful at the end of the day. You don't want a broken face.

>How else would you strike?
For example, instead of punching the nose, you can more effectively palm the nose with less risk of damaging your hand. You can likewise palm the jaw and even get better force than you would with a closed fist. The palm heel to the temple is a better strike, imo, than trying to hook a punch to the temple. If you miss,and there is a good chance that you will miss, at least you're not breaking your hand of you contact the head. And if you do contact the head with an open palm, it's easier to go into grabbing the head or grappling if you get caught up. I'm not saying to never use fists. Jabs are good. Fists are probably best for an uppercut as compared to trying to spear the throat with your fingers. Using a hammer fist in some situations is more ideal than your knuckles too. That's another one you're not really practicing in boxing that can be useful. Then there are forearms and elbow which have their place.

>In fact, boxers have this problem where they can break their hands in real fights, due to being used to gloves.
My buddy would fight using his wrist/palm, keeping his hand open. That way he stopped breaking his hand.

But seriously, if you break your hand over someone's face, they are not going to get up.

>Also, don't discount the fact that street fighters can't even throw proper punches.
I agree, and it's generally what they try to do. Hence why boxing is probably the most useful. You won't break your hand if you hit with a flat knuckle in the right spot.

When a street fight goes to the ground, the other guy rarely knows what to do. You can probably brute force your way out of it if you are training regularly quite easily.

It's unlikely a guy with MMA training will just pick a street fight, it's frowned apon. And you can usually tell by the neck muscles if the guy trains to fight or if he's just a body builder.

I've been turning them into trannies.

That's why I said you're fucked and need to run if you're unarmed... there's no MA that's going to beat a dude with a gun, even those that teach you how to disarm somebody are going to tell you to use their techniques as a last resort because your chances of pulling it off are too slim and unlike a kick or a punch you can't just walk off getting shot if you make a mistake

I believe you shouldn't underestimate Aikido. Now I know you may be thinking, "Why take a weakling martial art like Aikido seriously when I am learning Kendo?" I can see why you would think that, how can a peaceful martial arts like Aikido beat a powerful one like Kendo?

Well, I have a story to share with you.

Years ago, I was a Kendoka, I thought I was the toughest kid in high school, I would pick fights, and kick ass. I was full of hate, until I picked a fight with the wrong dude. He was a Japanese exchange student, I still remember his name, Noboru Takeda.

I picked on him because of his hilarious and thick Japanese accent. I told him I was going to beat him so hard, he would go back to China(Yeah, I was a little racist prick.), he never said anything back, made me wanted to kick his ass even harder.

Well, here comes the fight. I threw men and do strikes, he dodged them like I was a mere white belt. I was tiring out and he knew, I saw the smirk on his face that made me raged hard. I put all my strength in one amazing tsuki, and he grabbed past it to my wrist and threw me over. My back smacked on the hard cement ground, and I was knocked out for who knows how long.

When I woke up I was in the school infirmary, I asked the nurse who brought me here, and you guessed it, Noboru Takeda. The next day, he wasn't at school, he was back in Japan, and I never got to thank him, for saving my life and showing me the light. I soon learned that he was an Aikidoka and have been practicing Aikido ever since to show my thanks to him.

>Ninjutsu
I would say that teleporting behind the backs of your enemies in a non-personal way os pretty useful

Hokuto no Ken

>Why take a weakling martial art like Aikido seriously when I am learning Kendo

I am pretty sure you are a fucking leaf

>That's another one you're not really practicing in boxing that can be useful. Then there are forearms and elbow which have their place.
That's why boxers should do escrima. It fills thise hole.

I can understand why open hand strikes are not as popular. If you consider it from a "fair fight" angle, an open hand is likely to make your fingers enter your opponent's eyes. And there's quite a difference between recovering from a broken jaw and a destroyed eye.
It makes cultural sense.