Will the August 21st eclipse bring with it a spike in crimes?

I was thinking about this earlier today. Will cities in the direct path of the shadow experience an uptick in rapid crimes? I can't help but think there will be people that try to take advantage of the short window of darkness and get away with what they can without others noticing. Just imagine all the shit you could get away with in that amount of time in a big city that briefly goes dark.

There's still cameras and everyone is going to be looking at the sky anyways.

These are the percentages of how much the sun will be covered in each city throughout the eclipse

Atlanta 97 percent
Boston 63 percent
Chicago 87 percent
Cincinnati 91 percent
Dallas 76 percent
Denver 92 percent
Detroit 79 percent
Houston 67 percent
Indianapolis 91 percent
Las Vegas 72 percent
Los Angeles 62 percent
Memphis 93 percent
Miami 78 percent
Milwaukee 83 percent
Minneapolis 83 percent
New Orleans 75 percent
New York City 72 percent
Oklahoma City 84 percent
Philadelphia 75 percent
Phoenix 63 percent
Pittsburgh 81 percent
Portland 99 percent
Salt Lake City 91 percent
Seattle 92 percent
Washington, D.C. 81 percent

>Night time doesn't exist

that's why it's perfect. Everyone is going to be looking up. Meanwhile others try to take advantage while no one else notices.

A period of time when everything goes dark you say.

>black moon steals sunlight
Seems inevitable.

Even in totality it will still be bright outside. It's not like it will become nighttime during the eclipse. The sun is fucking bright as shit
Relevant, DO NOT LOOK AT THE SUN DURING THE ECLIPSE ANONS UNLESS YOU HAVE GLASSES

Full moons and superbowl are the two busiest times in emergency iifc.
Could be a correlation, or just a coincidence.
However, most B&E's happen on moonless nights, so there may be a spike of opportunistic crime in the sudden darkness.
So thats a definite Maybe.

no.If you are in the path of the eclipse, it will be dark. This is the first time it's crossed the US in 38 years. This is far different from other eclipses.

It's not like this is the first eclipse. There's never massive crime waves during them. People just look up at the sky and think "neat!". Always have, always will.

You will still see the corona of the sun and totality will only last for 8 minutes. It will not be night time. Sure it will be dark but don't expect to experience pitch blackness

You understand this is unique. The moon's shadow will fall over land. Where it falls there will be darkness. It will be dark enough to see some stars if you are in the shadow. The shadow does not cover the US, but it does cross some cities on it's path. This hasn't happened for 38 years, and we live in a much more hostile place now where people are quick to violence and criminal mischief.

It will be dark enough along the path to see some stars. That's plenty of cover for a short period of time.

This is rare to occur...they only happen every 20 years or so in the USA

I'm not talking about prophesies or anything. I'm just saying people will take advantage of the situation and get away with what they can when they can.