I realized that I am verbally retarded and don't think much independently and instead just blindly follow whoever I...

I realized that I am verbally retarded and don't think much independently and instead just blindly follow whoever I admire.

I'm starting to believe most people also do not think critically and follow those they look up to and that scares me.

Sup Forums how can I develop my critical thinking?

Read Infowars and Breitbart news. You're welcome.

Unpossible, there are too many people on earth and we are basically 1 herd of apes more than 7 billion stronk. There will be no more independent thought until a die off now.

Stop admiring people, OP

Most people have the opinions that are least likely to get them backlash and criticism
Which is why the left is in power today
I keep saying this, when people start to be more afraid of being called a race traitor than a racist, I guarantee you we will not hear a single peep squeaking out of the mouths of what used to be nu-males, sjws and other assorted human garbage
In politics, logic is 10% of the battle, the other 90% is intimidation
Sup Forums must understand this if it wants to win the culture war

Read authors of the enlightenment to understand what true knowledge is and how to attain it.

>enlightenment
typical commie faggot
all the enlightenment did was pave the way for the modern degenerate cesspool we live in today

Isn't this very thread a demonstration of you using your critical thinking skills?

Ironically, it would take a certain amount of critical thinking to reach this point.

economics, philosophy, mathematics.

Or as it used to be called: reading, writing, and arithmetic.

Sure it is but how do I reach the point of making unique arguments instead of regurgitating the ideas of (smarter) others?

>this guy

>I am verbally retarded
Nah man you're just Finnish, chin up lad

First off, these two are correct. The very recognition of your lack of critical thinking is, ironically, the beginnings of critical thinking.

My best advice is to always reflect upon your actions. You are not a mindless beast, yet action without thought makes you no better. Don't merely question what you did, but why you did it. How you did it, and how you could of done it differently. Why you feel it is necessary for it to be done. Never accept the easy answer, and never simply listen to someone because they sound good, or you admire them.Even your most admired individual can and will be wrong. It is up to you to determine when they are, and when it is time for you to step out and think for yourself.

For now though, just reflect on what you want to improve. What you want to think on. And think on it. Do not merely look to another who sprouts opinions on a subject you're curious about, but take time to look through several individuals, perhaps even question your preexisting notions. If you are not certain in why you feel a way, do not stop until you are. Critical thinking is not a skill you develop overnight.

Finally, yes. Most people do not critically think. They enjoy the surface thoughts and the surface actions, coasting through their existence without truly understanding why they do what they do, or for what purpose.

Start by defining what your personal core principals and the logic behind why you feel your principals are good for society. Use them to analyze the people you admire. TRY to find flaws in these people based on your principals. When you are able to say "I respect this person, but here are their shortcomings" you are thinking critically.

Fuck off weak piece of shit. How can you not think for yourself.

But mind this OP: just because someone has these shortcomings that go against your principals does not make them a bad person. These people must be engaged and introduced to your logic. Everybody has something worth respecting, except liberals

Maybe you just have a weak constitution? Learn the fundamental assumptions that your philosophy operates on and apply an objectivist lens to reality.

This

The brain works best when it's rested so don't work it.
Quit school, refuse to engage in debates, watch soap operas in TV and never read a book again

You just gotta remember one thing, OP

Everything is a lie. Even what I'm telling you now

Read sources from different angles.
Infowars and Breitbart are great starters, but then compare it to CNN and the other MSM.
The more obvious it is, the easier it is to make your own mind up on matters.
From there you can dig deeper, or start listening to YT memecasters. One I recommend is Jordan Peterson, he has a nice backlog of material.
If at that point you wanna go full redpill, check out Joe Rogan's podcast with Alex Jones, it's #911. It's long, but holy shit is it good.

Now the challenge is to follow your own path. This is just a guideline, try straying from it.