This only benefits the nerds directly involved with the project and the people who print posters

This only benefits the nerds directly involved with the project and the people who print posters.

Space is not the circus. We cannot just run away to it instead of cleaning our room.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_spinoff_technologies
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Okay, for anyone else who doesn't understand what the hell he just said:

This picture of Jupiter doesn't help fix poverty so NASA should be defunded and sheeeyut.

Friendly word of advice:

Don't tell anons around here what to do.

How to spot the shitskin

BUT ALL DAT MONEY CULD GO FO DEM PROGRAMS!

So what value is it? Esoteric? Faith?

How do we get a return on this investment? We did pay for it, should we not get something more from that money other than pictures and a smug sense of satisfaction?

>That feel when people think the "red" spot is a giant storm.
>In reality its where aliens dispose of their poop.

Yeah like better border controls and infrastructure here on earth.

>Jamal how much you say that space program cost?

>shieeeet nigga that much?

>fuck nigga they could be giving us dat money instead, dey racis

TROLL THREAD
TROLL THREAD
TROLL THREAD

SAGE TROLL THREADS

The amount of knowledge Juno gives us about the magnetic and gravity field of gas giant Jupiter is literally priceless.

>leafs only worry about niggers

Typical.

But really you reddit fucks, this is the best you have to defend this esoteric waste of time?

>Space is not the circus. We cannot just run away to it instead of cleaning our room.

You're fucking right

You're wrong. Jesus man. Open your eyes and sort yourself out.

Towards what application? We already understand magnetic fields. This isn't kerbal, going to jupiter isn't going to change that, it's just going to serve as fodder for some random kid's phd thesis.

How is space exploration a waste of time?

>thinking we actually "sent" something to "Jupiter"
They don't even bother to make convincing renderings of their bullshit anymore and you sheep still believe this shit.

Would you be willing to accept for sake of argument that there is nothing up there worth the resources?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASA_spinoff_technologies

Then of course the intangible benefits you can't put a value on, such as knowledge and increasing our understanding of the universe around us. Which unfortunately seems to be something most minorities (save the chinks and poos) don't care about.

Chemical reactions, research into the physics of events that are impossible to reproduce on earth, astronomical data for helping us prepare for the possibility of space colonization in the next few hundred years.

In 400 years we'll be colonizing our solar system, building ring worlds on Venus and your vermin low IQ kind won't be a shred any more advanced than you are today, because plebs like you have no mind for planning for the future. Just shut the fuck up and let us take you along for the ride, trust me it'll be good. If you want more welfare, please go to put some slugs through your skull instead.

How does a storm of that size stay stable?

>Knowledge and discovery have no intrinsic value.

What benefit was there in colonizing across the Atlantic? Well obviously there was immense benefit, just not all payed back immediately. There is immense benefit to us colonizing space, it's just a low time preference thing.

Slow payout, but immense reward, beyond anything we can ever sow on this planet.

Drastic times call for drastic measures.

>unravelling the secrets of the universe is pointless

Wow I hope this is bait

The thing with exploring is seeing if there are resources. Fucking mong

No, because there's an infinite amount of resources out there.

Right now we probably don't have the technology to successfully harvest them, but if we cut all funding and quit altogether then we will never get to that point.

>number of those things that needed any of the unique abilities of NASA

>Zero

You could have made any of those things on earth in any lab, because that's how they were invented. Get a better anecdote.

>Chemical reactions

We're not going to find new chemical reactions we haven't already figured out in labs. Chemistry is extremely mature, there aren't many ways we haven't tried to shuffle electrons at this point.

No physics event is impossible to reproduce on earth that we will ever be able to harness for our technology. We know more than enough about space and planets to rule out colonization EVER.

Welcome to the red pill. Space isn't the escapist fantasy (((they))) want you to believe it is. The more you think that solutions exist outside of earth, the less you focus on trying to fix the problems on earth.

How do we know what's up there if we don't look?

You realize there were probably people saying the same thing you are now, back in the 15th century when explorers like Columbus were attempting to reach the New World.

Folks like you have always been on the wrong side of history.

There are trillions upon trillions of dollars worth of resources up there actually, as well as the fact that we'll have to eventually travel to space if we want to surpass a population of about 10 trillion, which we will eventually.

You know nothing but have strong feelings. Woman?

Sorry i couldn't hear you i'm flying on the concorde to the spaceport where i commute to my job on the moon.

You know, like EVERYONE said we would be doing by Twenty Seventeen.

Fluid dynamics we already understand. That's why we know why saturn has a hexagon and jupiter does not.

You can value anything. Doesn't mean it has objective value.

>What benefit was there in colonizing across the Atlantic?
Are you really such a dumb nigger that you would compare an airless void to a warm ocean with air and naturally occurring food? Fuck's sake man.

Not that simple.

this doesn't unveil shit. It's Tourism.

>No, because there's an infinite amount of resources out there.

And they all happen to be so high up that they cost more than their worth, so they're worthless. This is never going to change, quail all you like.

Better understandic the magnetic, gravity and atmospheric systems of Jupiter gives us new clues as to how gas giants are formed and function.

In the same way newton came up with the gravitational theory from studying planet orbits and how studying the Sun gave us nuclear, thermo and quantum theory which has greatly advanced humanity.

The white mans curiosity in space has always lead to new solutions of advanced problems that have benefited humanity.

Whether it be satellites, solar arrays or medical applications, seeking answers and solving challenges in space has lead us to great civilizational gains.

Unfortunetly it seems this trait is limited to white race

>We know more than enough about space and planets to rule out colonization EVER.
Definitely a woman, probably black.

>How do we know what's up there if we don't look?

Spectroscopy. We haven't had to go someplace to learn everything about it since the age of sail.

And it would cost quadrillions to get those trillions. I hope you can see how stupid that would be.

Yes, and space exploration was the reason for their invention. People were in labs doing those experiments because there was a *demand* (from the government) for that technology.

>We know more than enough about space and planets to rule out colonization EVER.

Proof?

My take on it is:
> The sooner all of you debtors get busy with putting our brains in a jar (or in a simulation, whatever works), we can fly away leaving you to die on a baron rock.
> College debtors for the complicated work - have thousands at a time work on otherwise simple problems so they can't comprehend the objectives towards which their work has been directed.
> Dropouts and "renegades" for the hard labor and black projects, respectively. The former can't understand anything more complicated than putting bread on their tables, and the latter are easy to isolate and control.
Even if this is far from reality, following the money will lead one to some fairly disenchanting revelations.

1) never trust the lugenpresse

2) space isn't an "empty void" you vacuous cunt, there are shit tones of resources (phosphorous, copper, iron, rare metals) that will easily pay for our expansion to space, literally trillions of dollars worth very close to our own planet

3) better than wasting the money on dumb niggers and welfare bums

Don't ask her, she's retarded.

Science as long as its not politicized is always a valuable investment

>Better understandic the magnetic, gravity and atmospheric systems of Jupiter gives us new clues as to how gas giants are formed and function.
For the day when we finally make one? It's not teaching us anything.

>In the same way newton came up with the gravitational theory from studying planet orbits and how studying the Sun gave us nuclear, thermo and quantum theory which has greatly advanced humanity.
Except those people didn't leave the earth and you are proving my point that leaving the earth doesn't help you understand things in space.

>Unfortunetly it seems this trait is limited to white race
How much has the ISS cost and what exactly has it reaped? Come on, prove me wrong, nigger.

>i know everything about space youtube told me
>the singularity is real there are no limits on technology

i wonder (((who))) might benefit from your belief that technology and the economy are exponential and never-ending?

Utter nonsense. Yes you can learn a lot from Earth, but there are some things you can only do with unmanned probes, or even manned spaceflight.

Please tell me how we could have learned about the inner composition of comets and asteroids without probes like Deep Impact, for example. I won't wait, because you can't. There's no way.

>>i know everything about space youtube told me
I figured this was the case. Post your tits.

You can't travel to a hologram, silly

What would you suggest we do with the money left over from cutting the funds to space exploration?

>Yes, and space exploration was the reason for their invention. People were in labs doing those experiments because there was a *demand* (from the government) for that technology.
Right, so their invention would have been offset by 5-10 years at most.

What would you accept as proof?

>2) space isn't an "empty void" you vacuous cunt, there are shit tones of resources (phosphorous, copper, iron, rare metals) that will easily pay for our expansion to space, literally trillions of dollars worth very close to our own planet
But they are in such shit orbits and have large masses so to get those "trillions of dollars" you would need to spend quadrillions of dollars. Not to mention that those things are only worth "trillions" at the current scarcity. The first mission will make it even more unprofitable to ever try again.

>3) better than wasting the money on dumb niggers and welfare bums
Obviously but they're both wastes of money.

Obviously that should go towards feeding Shaquandra's 11th kid and paying for Maria Garcia's college education at Berkeley.

You like jobs, right?
Fruitless research == jobs.
See also:
> Project Stargate
> Projects Hello, Goodbye, and Goodnight (hint: only "Goodbye" went anywhere)
> FBI reports on global consciousness (woo, lad)
Anything MIC-related, space-woo included (I'm looking at you EMDrive), makes a great big ocean of useless jobs for money laundering. Same with Hollywood.

>Please tell me how we could have learned about the inner composition of comets and asteroids without probes like Deep Impact, for example. I won't wait, because you can't. There's no way.
Stellar nucleosynthesis gave us predictions that the observations from that probe confirmed.

Shocking, i know, but humans actually do understand the universe. We're not niggers who live in a massive cloud of confusion about the world. We know it well enough that you're bitching at me from across the world via electrons.

Anything that isn't social welfare. Military budget would be a good place as the military actually gives us things we need to run our economy.

>You like jobs, right?
>Fruitless research == jobs.

Fuck you, obama.

>faggot on Sup Forums thinks he knows how to prioritize space exploration better than science nerds at NASA.

wew lawd

>Military budget would be a good place
I'm serious, post those shitty mismatched blobs on your chest with those ugly misshapen nips, we all wanna see lady. Provide timestamp too.

Just telling it like it is, breh.

>thing that gives returns

>thing that gives no returns

>disproportionate funding obviously.

I'd say you're projecting but at best you only pretend to be a woman to make your dad angry.

You fool this is a gate to another dimmension! I see vampires, arargg....

>at best you only pretend to be a woman to make your dad angry.
Tell me more, I'm dying watching you try to defend your dumb opinions. C'mon pancake-nips, post 'em.

Understanding the formation and the forces currently taking place on gas giants leads to endless potential.

Harvesting energy from such planets would be immense and in general for understanding how we came to exist along with navigating through the forces in our solar system.

>Except those people didn't leave the earth and you are proving my point that leaving the earth doesn't help you understand things in space

They gave us those complex physical answers studying space and trying to understand the forces and origin of it. The same way we have satellites from "leaving earth". The same way Apollo technology paved the way for MRI medical scans and in general medical equipment seeking answers about our Moon and facing the challenge of landing there, thus "leaving earth".

>How much has the ISS cost and what exactly has it reaped? Come on, prove me wrong, nigger.

The ISS gives us a huge amount of knowledge about everything from the human body to our atmosphere and our biological life in microgravity, which requires thorough knowledge and advancement in the field itself.

moon landing was fake, though

And a lot of what we already do know about the universe is from... you guessed it, space exploration. The knowledge builds on itself.

And there were unexpected results about the composition from Deep Impact too. That is science, making predictions and then *doing experiments* to confirm or deny your hypothesis. We can observe and model and predict all day from 100 million miles away, but we may not be able to know our predictions are correct until we observe more closely.

>Understanding the formation and the forces currently taking place on gas giants leads to endless potential.
This ought to be good.

>Harvesting energy from such planets would be immense and in general for understanding how we came to exist along with navigating through the forces in our solar system.
What energy? The radiation? The gas that's too deep in the gravity well? You been mistaking sci-fi with reality again?

>They gave us those complex physical answers studying space and trying to understand the forces and origin of it
Yes but space is kind in that it is understandable from a very great distance.

>The same way we have satellites from "leaving earth". The same way Apollo technology paved the way for MRI medical scans and in general medical equipment seeking answers about our Moon and facing the challenge of landing there, thus "leaving earth".
I'd say the desire for profit led to those things more than anything else. Oh and the discovery and implementation of oil. Those things were all inevitable because they were pretty low hanging fruits.

>The ISS gives us a huge amount of knowledge about everything from the human body to our atmosphere and our biological life in microgravity,
So it spans from "things we already know" to "things that will only ever be useful if a wizard invents a reason for lots of people to want to and be able to afford to live in space"?

I just don't find that very convincing. I did in my 20's, but like most things the more you learn about a subject the less magical and mysterious it seems. That's probably why they prefer to keep everyone in the dark by offering them pop science that does nothing but spout buzzwords.

for every dollar spent to get that picture, is a dollar not spent on niggers.

thank you Lord Jesus

Charles H. Duell please go

What makes me sad about long-term exposure to microgravity is the effect on vision. Can't find the article, though it discusses how the shape of a person's eyes are affected by the displacement of bodily fluids. Any mission lasting longer than a week or so will require some kind of artificial gravity - and not just strapping on some elastic suspenders and jumping on a little platform.

That said, for this reason, as well as aversion to radiation exposure, I'm not surprised that a lot of "flights" are being faked in giant pools. Sadly, this only fuels the FETards.

I hope there's a better picture.

>And a lot of what we already do know about the universe is from... you guessed it, space exploration.

like 1% of it is from actually going places. Even SoHo doesn't go INTO the sun to understand it, it just gets a little closer for clearer photographs.

>And there were unexpected results about the composition from Deep Impact too.
Nothing with practical value though.

>That is science, making predictions and then *doing experiments* to confirm or deny your hypothesis.
So until we send something into the core of the sun we cannot say what the core of the sun is like? Or is there more to it than that? Can we infer from models of other things and from basic physics how things like the core of the sun work? Because we've never observed stellar nucleosynthesis in the wild, but that is most certainly the origin of all the elements.

We need mo money fo dem pogroms!

>posted from my iphone aboard Moon Station #361

Is that gravitational lensing? Or just CG?

why is Sup Forums so ball-world bluepilled?

>continues shitposting
Nigger just accept that you're full of shit and that your views are the laughable musings of someone who wants to be smarter than she is.
Also post tits, slut.

>inb4 buhh hydrogen and trace amounts of helium lol
you know what i mean.

>i'm shitposting

You just called me Charles, now i'm a woman again? Make up your mind, twerp.

Looks like a supernova remnant, probably CGI though.

At first I thought it could be a supernova too, but I don't think it would make a perfect circle like that. Could be CG depicting a supernova though.

>What energy? The radiation? The gas that's too deep in the gravity well?

Mainly gravitational energy. The gravitational tides heat up Jupiters moons who also interact with each other. This causes heat to be generated in the oceans of Europa as an example.

>Yes but space is kind in that it is understandable from a very great distance

Kill yourself

>So it spans from "things we already know" to "things that will only ever be useful if a wizard invents a reason for lots of people to want to and be able to afford to live in space"?

There are lots of things about our own atmosphere, human body and biological life in general that we still have to learn about...

In summary, the Money is endlessly better spent exploring and researching space than on welfare or wars for greater Israel

Now kindly go fuck yourself shitskin

Absolutely right user. Why should we pay some white Bois to look at stars n sheeit when all that money could go to dem programs. Who's gonna feed may babies??!?

>Nothing with practical value though.

How do you know that? Do you have a crystal ball? Can you see the future?

This is the whole flaw with your argument. "Pure research" rarely has immediate, tangible benefits. Doesn't mean it's not essential and doesn't eventually (either directly, or indirectly) lead to practical applications.

It benefits the species, ya dingus. To say nothing of the technology and resources that come from space.

FUCk you! I hate you nig nogs who basically brush off every single scientific program, everything to further anything other than the military as NEeRDS. White trash, you will never amount to anything.

Yes, yes very much. Thank you! For all I care reaching into space is the next step of humanities foray into space. And, we have so many inventions coming from space, and we could learn so much more, and ensure the continuation of the human race.

>Mainly gravitational energy. The gravitational tides heat up Jupiters moons who also interact with each other. This causes heat to be generated in the oceans of Europa as an example.
How do you propose to harness, store, and transport that energy at a break-even cost?

>Kill yourself
Spectroscopy, cunt.

>There are lots of things about our own atmosphere, human body and biological life in general that we still have to learn about...
You're paraphrasing the god of the gaps argument if you think they must be useful.

>In summary, the Money is endlessly better spent exploring and researching space than on welfare or wars for greater Israel
Why would those be the only two options?

>How do you know that? Do you have a crystal ball? Can you see the future?
To a degree, yes. That is what science is about, making predictions about the future.

But what is the reason behind your position? God of the Gaps? Refuge in Anecdote? That's pretty flimsy, if so.

>It benefits the species, ya dingus.
>citation needed

>this isn't faith in deus ex machina somehow

I fail to see how you're any better than a pagan.

Does anyone here know how much minerals and water are in asteroids. Trillions of dollars worth, just waiting to be exploited! And, not to mention that think of the science, humanity advancing, that is the most satisfying thought for me.

Artists work of a stellar quake.

A neutron star ejecting a magnetic field force trillions of times stronger than our magnetic field around Earth.

>Does anyone here know how much minerals and water are in asteroids. Trillions of dollars worth, just waiting to be exploited! And, not to mention that think of the science, humanity advancing, that is the most satisfying thought for me.

Trillions of dollars at current scarcity. The first shipment would pull the floor out from under the respective commodities markets.

But tell me, how much would it cost to get 1 ton from the asteroid belt, using the best cheap rockets currently available? We got like, what, 10 ounces from that Stardust mission from about that far up?

I can guarantee you it will cost more money to bring those very massive
things down from their extremely energy intensive orbits than those materials are worth, even before they crash the market.

By all means. Do the math and prove me wrong.

Oh, but that has been proven my friend. For example, solar panels come from space exploration, prosthetics, modern electronics, the benefits of magnificent. If acience is not what interests you, then miney will. There are untapped resources in space, trillions of dollars worth you idiot. Not to mention, if simething like a world ending adteroid were to head our way, at least some of humanity could survive in space. And ,w e can recieve resources to help further our species.

Yes, but there will be advances. You make the arguement using our current technology. The technology will be developed, and, not to mention that the resources are mostly going to be used in space, but hey, furthering out species. Reusable rockets and other such things will reduce the cost by 10 times.

>solar panels come from space exploration
No they don't. Photovoltaics were discovered in the 1800's.

>prosthetics
Peg legs are older still.

>modern electronics
The apollo rocket didn't even have "modern electronics". They have little to nothing to do with one another. Might as well be crediting the Rothschilds at this point.

>There are untapped resources in space, trillions of dollars worth you idiot.
And you know so little about space that you think we can just pluck them from their orbits for free, and you know so little about economics that you think their price will remain fixed no matter the abundance.

You don't think for yourself. You're just parroting pop-science.

>How do you propose to harness, store, and transport that energy at a break-even cost

Did Fermi know how to build a fusion reactor when he worked on quantum mechanical derivations? No. But his work paved the way for it.

>Spectroscopy

Spectroscopy can't give us answers on the origin of solar system bodies and the forces that function on them.

>More knowledge of body fluids, bone density and human anomatomy in general / our atmosphere / biological life isn't usefull

Yes, I'm assuming knowledge in these fields will benefit humanity greatly.

>Why would those be the only two options?

Because you're either a nig or a ZOG

>Yes, but there will be advances.
Rocketry is an extremely mature technology as is chemistry. The only better substances we can use for fuels are unfathomably toxic and reactive with air. There are no better materials to make the rockets from, we already have to cheat to keep our best materials from melting. You can get mad and go hide in the god of the gaps some more, but that's the fact.

>not to mention that the resources are mostly going to be used in space
For what? What gazillionaire is going to do all this for the fun of it? What economic activity do you propose that will recoup the costs?

>Reusable rockets and other such things will reduce the cost by 10 times
Not even SpaceX is making such a claim. Nor has spaceX in any way demonstrated that their reusable rockets saved them any money over a new one.

yknow, I actually love this point.

'Space is not the circus.'

beautiful.

now that ive complimented you, i must also say, that after we do our daily cleaning, it's not a bad idea to start prepping for the future, too. could come in handy in practical as well as spiritual means.

it's a prettY NEAT pic afterall

>Did Fermi know how to build a fusion reactor when he worked on quantum mechanical derivations? No. But his work paved the way for it.
Don't offer solutions unless you've actually thought them out then. Fusion is a dead end.

>Spectroscopy can't give us answers on the origin of solar system bodies and the forces that function on them.
No, that's Stellar Nucleosynthesis which has been greatly aided by Spectroscopy. You do know about Stochastic stellar formation, right?

>Yes, I'm assuming knowledge in these fields will benefit humanity greatly.
That's a noble thought, but how many people can even afford basic cancer treatment? How likely will they be able to afford space medicine?

>Because you're either a nig or a ZOG
For someone who likes space, it is ironic that you have a very limited world view.

Poster here is white trash or nig confirmed. Probably white trash.

>prepping for the future

Are you implying that space is our destiny? From what? Science fiction alone?

>spiritual
Just stop already Jamal.

Space is our future though. There is no way to stop technological advance Mr. White-trash.

>he switched to his phone when the "he's a woman" thing didn't work.

Sad!

It's funny that they said the same thing about the zeppelin air ship, but for a more modern example, if tech cannot be stopped then what happened to the Concorde?

>knowledge is not the most objectively valuable thing there is.

Now you're just being contrarian for the sake of it, either that or you have a severe case of mental retardation.