Fuck America

So is no one going to talk about how this whole net neutrality shit is entirely Americas fault and they are trying to fuck it up for everyone?

this is exactly why everyone hates your communist shithole of a country.

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/news/telco-agrees-to-stop-blocking-voip-calls/
fortune.com/2009/04/03/group-asks-fcc-to-probe-iphone-skype-restrictions/
wired.com/2011/01/metropcs-net-neutrality-challenge/
businessinsider.com/verizon-blocking-google-wallet-2011-12
washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-tech/post/fcc-fines-verizon-125m-for-blocking-tethering-apps/2012/07/31/gJQAXjRLNX_blog.html
freepress.net/press-release/99480/att-blocking-iphones-facetime-app-would-harm-consumers-and-break-net-neutrality
savetheinternet.com/blog/2013/09/18/verizons-plan-break-internet
pcworld.com/article/169079/ATT_Blocks_Sup
broadbandmap.gov/number-of-providers
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>communist
>killing net neutrality is strictly a sin of capitalism

Did you have a point to make? Maybe a new perspective on the issue? Perhaps you made this thread to discuss actions you have taken to protect net neutrality?

What the fuck actions can someone outside of America take to protect it?
its fucking americans making it happen and you pricks are too dumb to want to stop it.

Other countries can make rules enforcing it for their end. But if the rule changes in the states choke out certain websites from existing at all, there's no solution.

exactly fuck you guys aye?

>removing net neutrality
>communist
Weak bait

Just looked at Alex Jones. He thinks that the Net Neutrality laws are evil and a power grab by the FCC.

I know the FCC aren't trustable, and they could certainly turn it into a power grab if they wanted, but it doesn't mean they have yet.

You'd need laws that say "The FCC can do/restrict A, B, C etc."

What the NN laws are supposed to do is say "The FCC [and companies and Government] CAN'T RESTRICT what people watch, etc. etc."

If you read any articles on it, he doesn't quote the laws in question and point out the relevant parts.

He knows if he does, people will read them and see it says the opposite in Plain English.

Do yourself a favour - you're on the internet, so read them yourself for an hour and don't take notice of people like him.

>aut-rightists spend their time wanking off about how great they think fascism is
>get a taste of it with the repeal of net neutrality, turns out its shit
I had a nice laugh when you called the US communist though, that was a good one

Authoritarianism is a very vague concept to many people.

If your country wasnt such an irrelevant shithole that cant even win a war against your own wildlife, maybe you guys would be making these decisions

So it's our fault as Americans that our country is being bullshit despite everyone crying out against it, and our fault as Americans that your country is being bullshit and probably going to follow suite despite everyone crying out against it, right?

I think we can take the blame for electing our greedy, manipulative cunts.

yes?

I don't take the blame for anything my country does. We're undemocratic as fuck and I never vote Republican or Democrat. We're a country founded as a Timocracy that became an Oligarchy, period, no exaggeration.

>and I never vote Republican or Democrat
You're part of the problem, then.

>implying there's a difference
Oh yeah, let me get right on voting for one of the two options I'm morally opposed to.

Here's the thing.
If net neutrality passes, it's because we're undemocratic and fucked as a political system.

er, opposition to net neutrality*

You vote for individuals, not parties. If you don't like the individuals, campaign for someone better. When presented with two bad options and one will definitely win, vote for the less bad one. In the end if you are throwing your vote away, you're just another idiot letting it all happen.

I do vote for individuals that I feel represent me. But I'm not voting for "the less bad one" because this is how we end up getting fucked with this shit, user. If all of us did that, we wouldn't be in this fucking mess.

There was no "net neutrality" regulation before 2015. Suddenly the internet will die if a 2 year old regulation is repealed. And suddenly the corporations that stood against it are shilling to keep it. Strange.

If everyone voted for the less bad ones, it'd be a hell of a lot less of a fucking mess, and it'd push the whole system towards being less terrible and making you choose between assholes. You are deciding to do nothing instead of something.

>There was no "net neutrality" regulation before 2015. Suddenly the internet will die if a 2 year old regulation is repealed. And suddenly the corporations that stood against it are shilling to keep it.
it's probably something to do with zuckerberg. i bet he's trying to separate himself from facebook.

I am not voting for someone who doesn't represent me. That's consenting to give up my democracy. Maybe stop treating it like a points game?

I think Sup Forums loves the bill because reddit hates it. Thats it. Thats legit the only reason I can find that Sup Forums supports it
>inb4 in encourages free market
Ok m8 well you have a spare trillion to go up against the 2 biggest companies that supply internet to the US?

>That's consenting to give up my democracy.
What did you think "not voting" was?

>Maybe stop treating it like a points game?
Of course it's more complicated than that, but when the more principles and the less corruption you can squeeze into the system the better off you'll be.

>Thats legit the only reason I can find that Sup Forums supports it
if reddit supports something like this, and they go to the effort of shilling for it here, there's a good reason why you shouldn't support it.

>repealing government control over an industry in favor of more corporate power
>fascism

If they supported not punching yourself in the dick, would you immediately punch yourself in the dick? Make your own goddamn opinions.

that's not the point i'm making at all. did you not notice the shilling on (((net neutrality day)))?

>invent the internet
>people still hate you
>fuck the internet up to spite them
All you fuckers had to do was like us. Just pretend to like us...

The whole net neutrality thing started BECAUSE the ISPs were fucking with the internet

>2005 - Madison River Communications was blocking VOIP services. The FCC put a stop to it. cnet.com/news/telco-agrees-to-stop-blocking-voip-calls/

>2005 - Comcast was denying access to p2p services without notifying customers.

>2007-2009 - AT&T was having Skype and other VOIPs blocked because they didn't like there was competition for their cellphones. fortune.com/2009/04/03/group-asks-fcc-to-probe-iphone-skype-restrictions/

>2011 - MetroPCS tried to block all streaming except youtube. wired.com/2011/01/metropcs-net-neutrality-challenge/

>2011-2013, AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon were blocking access to Google Wallet because it competed with their bullshit. businessinsider.com/verizon-blocking-google-wallet-2011-12

>2012, Verizon was demanding google block tethering apps on android because it let owners avoid their $20 tethering fee. This was despite guaranteeing they wouldn't do that as part of a winning bid on an airwaves auction. washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-tech/post/fcc-fines-verizon-125m-for-blocking-tethering-apps/2012/07/31/gJQAXjRLNX_blog.html

>2012, AT&T - tried to block access to FaceTime unless customers paid more money. freepress.net/press-release/99480/att-blocking-iphones-facetime-app-would-harm-consumers-and-break-net-neutrality

>2013, Verizon literally stated that the only thing stopping them from favoring some content providers over other providers were the net neutrality rules in place. savetheinternet.com/blog/2013/09/18/verizons-plan-break-internet

>pcworld.com/article/169079/ATT_Blocks_Sup Forums_Stirs_Internet_Hornets_Nest.html

Aren't you glad Sup Forums? This is exactly what you always wanted. For the dumb little poormies to know their place and submit to their corporate overlords, those "captains of industry", those "ubermensch" that you love so much

I don't give one single fuck. If you're on Sup Forums and want it to exist and support a bill that threatens it you are legitimately retarded.

okay, so you're a shill yourself. explain to me exactly how Sup Forums would cease to exist if these laws were not passed.

*AHEM* >pcworld.com/article/169079/ATT_Blocks_Sup Forums_Stirs_Internet_Hornets_Nest.html

lol comcast shills trying to get pol to support them because "muh reddit tho"

Here's why NN is at present a good idea:
1. the free market doesn't exist in telecoms. There are monopolies and they won't easily be moved,
2. there is no 2 because "muh free market" is literally the only argument brought to the table, and it's bullshit because there's no market, only monopolies.

Well think about, Microsoft, Amazon, Google, et al. are pushing for Net Neutrality. Literally the biggest names in Silicon Valley are pushing for it. And that doesn't really make you think one bit?

M8 we're not affected by this shit. Yet.
But you can be damn sure that the commies in parliament are keeping an eye on this.
Although any pollitical party that shills for destroying NN will probably lose the youth vote for the next 50 years

I understand your approach, but I'm against "ends justify the means". I have sat out of votes because I had no real choice other than to consent to something I didn't want.

>specifically, the img.Sup Forums.org subdomain that's used by the Sup Forums message board
>Beginning Friday, an AT&T customer was impacted by a denial-of-service attack stemming from IP addresses connected to img.Sup Forums.org. To prevent this attack from disrupting service for the impacted AT&T customer, and to prevent the attack from spreading to impact our other customers, AT&T temporarily blocked access to the IP addresses in question for our customers.

AT&T has control over their own network. they are able to restrict traffic to protect their network as much as they'd like.

turnbull is already trying to expand the power of five eyes. give it a few years and we'll be affected anyway.

Wtf nigger, you're supposed to be internet savvy. The more they fuck with the internet the more incentive people will have for p2p platforms.

We haven't grown beyond needing bit torrent or any swarm based technology, using the electric jew 2.0, which I define as; www. Websites, anything browser based, (((cloud))) and fucking sjw games like bf1.

We need to go back to p2p social media, like MSN messenger, but using block chain/tor/torrent style hosting. Then the internet aids will be gone, the next battlefield will be good and people will stop using Xboxes and return to mouse and keyboard for fps games.

Fuck corporate internet, net neutrality is just pretending the inevitable won't happen. We can't reject reality

>muh 2nd amendment
>muh tree of liberty
Burgers are all bark, no bite.

Anti-net neutrality shit isn't America's fault per se, it's the fault of the kikes who control America. Kikes are inherently pro-censorship.

It's a single drop of what could be a flood, don't tell me ISPs wouldn't start banning Sup Forums outright, and get normies to agree it's a good idea.

>>repealing government control over an industry in favor of more corporate power
>>fascism
...what the hell do you even think fascism IS? The term "privatization" was first coined to describe fascists' practice of handing over control of public property and state institutions to corporations. Even Mussolini described fascism as a merging of corporations and government.
This is your beloved hierarchy in action, Sup Forums. Enjoy living on the bottom and being trampled by those above you.

Ikr, the cunts who cry "free market" better concentrate on eliminating entry barriers for new companies. Is it true that telecoms can gain monopoly rights on certain areas in the US? For example, Comcast being the only company that is allowed to provide Internet services in a neighborhood/town?

i'm sure that they will have a fun time attempting to restrict cloudflare traffic. especially though HTTPS.

Democracy by force? Kind of difficult to start a revolution by yourself. Just end up in the news or labelled a terrorist group and dismantled. These things require massive, overwhelming social support and the right conditions and they can't be forced.

Eh. I'm not worried about 5 eyes (I work military stuff. Actually super handy to have 5 eyes tbhfam).
I'm worried about Turncoat and Shortman rub their greedy little jew hands and see how much shekles they can bleed from us

But it's literally not, this is just a removal of a regulation, using it to exemplify an entire ideology is autism considering that action exists in literally any ideology that has corporations and a central government.

Also he described it as a merger between corporations and government as in the corporations are linked to and mandated by the government, not the other way around.

>Actually super handy to have 5 eyes tbhfam
i know, what i'm concerned about is turnbull talking about "sensible restrictions on encryption" in a way that implies he wants the police to have more powers. i want the ASD to do it's job, and i don't want ASIO or the AFP to get any of the ASD's power.

broadbandmap.gov/number-of-providers
should tell you everything you need to know about the monopolies.

10/10 post, shekelbull and shortberg are the absolute worst. We need more independents to arse blast them and the banks, my mate reckons its the Masons. Any truth to that?

we invented the internet and we'll do as we please with it.

Except you won't because your Telco will block half of it. See

Actually, immigrants invented the internet.

I thought Bob Dole did?

How exactly does net neutrality affect none americans?

corporations run the world, nation states and their laws are just inconveniences. corporations will eventually get whatever they want, end of story, you and your opinions dont matter in the least. So the ISP corporations are now prevented from a key revenue stream of billing their content providers for access to their customers, that is an unnatural state of affairs in any capitalist system and will soon be corrected. That is all.

If ur gonna smug anime post atleast know what you're being smug about

>what about not not doing something about it, lazy fag?

>Also he described it as a merger between corporations and government as in the corporations are linked to and mandated by the government, not the other way around.
To ensure the corporations aren't working against the state, but why would they give a shit when they work against the people? The only concern the state and corporations have for the poor in such a system is how to keep them subjugated, if anything its perfectly fitting in such an ideology for them to grind the "inferior" working class into the dirt for the sake of the "elites". Tyranny is the goal of all right-wing economic systems

you fucking morons this net neutrality shit only affects you in the USA, if you're not american you have no reason to care

If things like P2P, VOIP, and online multiplayer gaming get blocked by American ISPs that will prevent them from connecting to people in other countries, even if those countries still have net neutrality regulations in place. It will also mean massively reduced traffic in many of the English-speaking parts of the internet, potentially killing off a good number of smaller communities and services.