Are women receiving less than men for doing the same amount of work?

So, I was reading a thread on another forum and people were talking very certainly about wage gap saying that there are several studies that support their claims that the wage gap is real and that women are receiving less than men for doing the same amount of work. Is this true? The points people made on the other forum were pretty good. Let's have a civilized discussion about this subject.

Here's a site from the US government that a guy from this other forum posted showing how women are receiving less than men: bls.gov/cps/cpsaat39.htm

And here's the thread I'm talking about: neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1406539&page=8

Other urls found in this thread:

bls.gov/cps/cpsaat39.htm
forbes.com/sites/jwebb/2016/03/31/women-are-still-paid-less-than-men-even-in-the-same-job/#24441e934709
youtube.com/watch?v=JmcX-ON_imA
payscale.com/data-packages/gender-pay-gap
youtube.com/watch?v=cdtdidL2MQo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The wage-gap is not real, it is a result of different preferences of women.
It is caused by women doing less well paid professions, taking career breaks and working less hours.
If you compare women with similar education and similar work-expierence, they earn the same.

women chose lower wage jobs, and the few who chose high wage jobs quit before reaching the top(you have to be fucking crazy to work 7 days a week and 80 hours a week) because they chose family over money.

No, it's not.
/thread

>women are receiving less than men
Yes
>for doing the same amount of work
No

Be careful with wage gap studies, they'll try to say something like "woman doctors make less than men doctors" by comparing male brain surgeons to female pediatricians

In general, men make more than woman because men generally are more willing to work weekends, in shitty locations, and higher paying spacializations and shifts, where women generally tend to value work/life balance more

Here is a meme I gone and done. It will answer your question.

In this picture, everything that the man has and works for slides down to the woman...

look up the percentage of sewage workers and you'll have your answer on the wage gap myth

>The points people made on the other forum were pretty good.
reading the thread, 9 out of 10 comments are "fuck him"

can't /tread your own post you fag
here, i'll do it
this. /thread

Women are worth less that's why they receive less. It's not a hard concept.

kek underrated

dont thread your own posts

Well usually when they do wage gap studies they dont take in to account that men usually have higher paying jobs

I.e no women dont get paid less for the same work but men tend hold they higher paying positions

Ofc a nurse makes less then a doctor

women request less pay on average

Generally, yes, but not by that much, about 1-5% at most, and is due to men negotiating better wages than women. For entry level positions, the gap vanishes.

There is also a ~1% gap that can be caused by prejudice, but it is too small to quantify properly.

That cartoon makes me think the girl is "downhill," thus the man's resources will slide down to her.

Why are liberal so awful at political cartoons?

They take all the wages into account. It omits the fact that many women stay home and raise kids (a very important job imo but doesn't pay anything). It also completely omits the fact that there are a huge number of middle income jobs that women simply don't do. I've worked in those jobs for the last 10 years. Army, construction, mechanic work... The ratio has got to be 1000 to 1.

The women go for the office jobs that pay far less. And you can't start paying these women the same as the men who sweat their asses off all day. The men will bitch and quit and go find jobs as office clerks.

The worst paid jobs are 60%+ women

Women just happen to prefer jobs that pay less, but usually have some other gratifying "payment", things like psychologicology and physical therapy are mostly women

Literally no, it's all taken out of context from how men work longer hours than women. It is literally illegal to pay someone different money for the same work and same hours because of their gender.

If you ask any feminist thinker who doesn't just repeat things they read on tumblr like fucking neogafers they will immediately say that it's not about not getting the same money for the same work and you have actually fallen into her ebin trap by pointing out that it's the woman's choice not to work as many hours as the man since that is actually the problem they are talking about with the wage gap and that is what needs to change because society tells women they can't achieve as much as men (since they are ironically extremely misogynist and don't see anything important with a mother raising her children and don't think the difference in life goals with most men and women could be biological because they literally do not see anything special about carrying a child in you for 9 months which is why they're also all pro-abortion).

no it's not true.
And honestly at this point anyone who is still pushing this meme is blatantly dishonest.

women are actually overpaid for their work. If they were paid what they were worth, most women would be receiving negative pay. As in the company would function better if they stayed home.

If it was true there would be already physical proof of this and not just some leftist conspiracy theory that they want to meme into reality. You think basic bitch leftists would not run with this if they had not known that its bullshit and bringing it up will only burn their ass.

It's not a real issue, unless you deem women being less competitive and ambitious an issue, but then it's just genetic, not social.

>595KB
are you a wizard?
Most of my pics are about the same, yet are tiny by comparison

More about Performance, Effort and Time put into the same amount of Hours in a Workplace.

hmm, I thought that pic would be smaller.
Okay, I guess I'm retarded, ignore me.

No. Its also reported that women don't even make their own decisions, that they actually "commune" with everyone else before making a choice.

>> Here's a site from the US government that a guy from this other forum posted showing how women are receiving less than men: bls.gov/cps/cpsaat39.htm

Are benefits included in these numbers or is it just money? Because some women get paid maternity leave and that is a lot of money that companies have to account for.

Not in my experience.
Me & a girl did a the same sort of job in my previous workplace, she avoided doing anything when she could. Just complained constantly. We where paid the same.
I moved job very quickly once I figured out what the boss was doing, the work she was supposed to be doing was being lugged onto me. I now hear from people that come to my new place that he's in the shit.
Think twice before hiring women.

/thread

>well paid professions, taking career breaks and working less hours
This. While it is mostly due to sex and culture, that women take career breaks and work less, it is not an intentional gap, created to keep women down

saved

>not in my experience

Irrelevant

The wage gap isn't real because they don't factor in lifestyle choices, hours worked, the inherent risks/dangers of certain professions.
Factor in those things and the wage gap shrinks from "77 cents for every dollar a man earns" to ~1-3% variation, which can be accounted for since men tend to be more aggressive in wage negotiations.

If you say sooo

Personal anecdotes mean nothing. I could say in my experience the opposite is true. Gotta look at the bigger picture m8

Well that's how people have different opinions. Are all supposed to think & act the same? No. I'll take my "personal anecdotes" that I've experienced with women in the workplace within the same age group & apply it. I've not gone to wrong so far so it's all good.

In hourly positions, women actually make more than men on average per hour in apples to apples comparisons

When you start getting into 'careers', women choose to work less hours so they can have more time devoted to their personal life, and get pregnant and have children. Meanwhile, career men more often than not will work long hours for years and years. Couple that with the fact that men usually negotiate harder for salaries than women do, and you come to the white collar wage gap of something like 93 cents on the dollar (rather than the 75 cents meme that probably wasn't even true when itnwas invented in the 70s).

The weirdest argument for the wage gap is the "muh female CEOs make less than male CEOs". Unless you're advocating that everyone always pity-buy everything from female owned businesses, that argument is a non starter since the head of a company is his/her own boss.

Underrated

Within our research, we can perceive this effect. Across all levels, women in procurement earn 76% of men. This is about equal to pay-gaps detected across many advanced companies.

However, when examine salaries within the same job-role we should hope to see relatively even wage-levels. Unfortunately, that is not the case. Women appear to earn between 80-90% of men’s wages in the same role.

It seems unsettling that in the 21st century that there still evidence of salary inequality between men and women. Indeed, in almost every advanced country in the world there is legislation that prohibits unequal pay for the same work. This may not all be down to active bias however. Many of the surveyed companies may believe that they

Aside from blunt discrimination, there are potentially other underlying sociological factors that may explain wage disparity. Women, for instance, tend to be less self-promoting than men, which may result in their losing out to males willing to make more self-aggrandizing claims to secure a top position. Similar claims are made about women’s reticence to assert their own interests, whereas it is much more socially acceptable for men to behave in nakedly self-interested fashion.

Men may be better networked and therefore more connected to opportunity. Given that most of the top-job are populated by men and that, unfortunately, people still feel more comfortable making connections with those in the same gender, men are naturally hooked into a world of lucky-breaks that is entirely invisible to women. In forging female networks, the numbers are lower and this deficiency is especially felt within the higher levels.

The data in this research shows clear evidence that women earn lower wages than their male counterparts even when in the same role.

forbes.com/sites/jwebb/2016/03/31/women-are-still-paid-less-than-men-even-in-the-same-job/#24441e934709

youtube.com/watch?v=JmcX-ON_imA

payscale.com/data-packages/gender-pay-gap

It seems to me that there's definitely a pay gap, the arguments posted here were not bad, but they lack trustworthy sources and scientific researches.

I think it's a little disingenuous to include bonuses in this list, because bonuses are almost always directly tied to performance. Additionally, they seem to conveniently leave out benefits in their compensation comparisons. I'm also hoping that they took into account hours worked.

I didn't read the whole article linked, but what I also notice is that the sample sizes are very small, and that the number of women are much smaller compared to men. I don't remember a lick from my stats course, but the first category seems to simply not have enough women to compare accurately. Does the article account for standard deviation?

all because you are on the job does not mean you actually do work

>there's definitely a pay gap

I think the issue is how this "gap" is defined. One side interprets the "74%" number to mean a man and woman, otherwise identical, receive different compensation from their employer. The other side thinks that if you put all the men in a bucket, and all the women in a bucket, that the bucket of women only make 74% of the bucket of men.

In the latter case, there are more factors to account for why there is a difference in compensation other than they are women. In particular, hours worked, benefits received, level of education, types of jobs worked, etc. Because of this, that side doesn't see it as a "gap" rather than just the statistical summation of gender differences, so they say the gap, in the context defined by the left, doesn't exist. There are just as many studies showing that there ARE variations in these categories, so this is a reasonable assumption.

Really though, I think the pertinent question to ask is that if women really did the same exact work for less, why do men ever get hired? The goal of a business is to make money, and they will save money any way they can. This seems to be in severe conflict with the other left ideology that corporations and the "1%" will fuck over everybody they can just to save a dime.

>if women really did the same exact work for less, why do men ever get hired?
>The goal of a business is to make money, and they will save money any way they can.

It is true that corporations exist to make a profit. However, the profit wouldn't be found in hiring more women for lesser pay because of the inherent risk of pregnancy, which in many countries implies a payed leave of absence, meaning that (in an extreme case) having half of your workforce not performing their job while still being payed would be catastrophic. To reduce the risk of having any worker not working while being lawfully obligated to pay them, companies opt to cut the salary right from the start.
Therefore, the pay gap not only is real, but also necessary.

>doing the same amount of work?
No.

yeah i hear you. at my warehouse job when a 50 pound box comes they call me to lift it rather than susan. Why am i being paid the same when im more capable?

check the methods of any study you see.
I guarantee you that any study that find woman are paid less did not take something like hours worked, time off, or experience into consideration.
They play semantic games to try to trick you into believing it.
There's actually considerable evidence that young women make more money than men, because all this complaining has made them desirable.

>performing the same task
>completing same amount of work

Women will never understand that the first is not the same as the second.

>Are women receiving less than men for doing the same amount of work?
>does the Equal Pay Act of 1963 that JFK signed into law vanish into thin air every time a feminist pulls something out of her ass?

No.

>women are receiving less than men
>receiving

This word needs to be replaced with "earning" more and more often nowadays.

>Be careful with wage gap studies, they'll try to say something like "woman doctors make less than men doctors" by comparing male brain surgeons to female pediatricians
this.
Another big example of this is in nursing. Men will seek out the highest paying specialties, that just so happen to be the most challenging, and then women will complain about making less money.

The artist should also do another with a school desk and have the females on top

>Are women receiving less than men for doing the same amount of work?
Women shouldn't be working at all, maybe here and there if they really would like to be a nurse or secretary - but this is a symptom of the CIA and Rockefeller funded Women's Liberation movement and raw inflation.

youtube.com/watch?v=cdtdidL2MQo

>payscale
Payscale set out to prove the pay gap exists, they did not conduct an unbiased study.
I almost applied there when I was looking for a job, and it straight up said they were looking to prove the wage gap on their job listings.
this is also on their job listing

Can you show me one single advertising or payroll where it clearly states that women receive less money per hour than men?
No?
I didn`t think so.
Fuck your faggot thead OP.

Kek

Women don't work. They shake their tail and open their legs for dick.

They live off of our work.

Yes, although the gap isn't that big if you exclude unpaid and underpaid labor.

I do appreciate women. I mean my dick isn't gonna suck itself.

really sounds like a company id want to avoid being employed to.