Nordic Sup Forums

Discussion of news, events, political issues, and other topics related to the Nordic countries.

Other urls found in this thread:

thelocal.no/20151216/give-finland-a-new-highest-peak-norway-campaign
timeanddate.com/countdown/election?iso=20180909T08&p0=239&msg=It happens.&font=cursive
affes.wordpress.com/2014/07/01/utlandsk-bakgrund-i-majoritet-i-malmo/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Norway give us that mountain peak that you promised. you have plenty of money, and mountains anyway.

thelocal.no/20151216/give-finland-a-new-highest-peak-norway-campaign

Looks good!

Hi.

Ask me anything about Old Norse

Just a heads-up

You forgot Australia

timeanddate.com/countdown/election?iso=20180909T08&p0=239&msg=It happens.&font=cursive

Can you go raid England/France coast again?

That's rude, eh. Very uncanadian-like. It's in our good nature to be calm and caring.

Continuation from
More Nordic lands

East Karelia
Estonia + Latvia
Ingermansland
Kolahalvön
Svaalbard
Holstein
Greenland
Pommerania

That guy will actually answer you any questions you have about norse mythology and in particular the language. He's from our general on Sup Forums.

En paaminnelse om at Sverige er et negerland

>21:34 2017-07-16
>/nordpol/ har fortfarande inte ett discord
varför är detta så, mina brödrar?

Tell me about the Jörmungandr
Gå härifrån din lille jävel vi ägde för basken er för hundratals år

Svalbard is Norway though (I put Greenland there because of the size to make it look even more impressive).

I have been to Riga and the people looked Nordic as fuck. Felt more at home there than in Oslo. Also I do think that both Estonia and Latvia is "shit" because of historical reasons and not the people living there. The question is if they would want something like this though. The main criteria would be that the nations in the union would have to be more loyal to each other than to anyone else. Would Latvians/Estonians feel more Nordic than say Slavic in general?

>No Netherlands
>No Lithuanians
Sceptic about this too.

I'm not just dreaming, I'm trying to be realistic here. Would the Netherlands give away these area? Would Germany? Nope.

I don't think it's impossible. And yes, they would obviously have to get out of the EU.

>East karelia and Ingermansland
How do you propose we get these areas from Nuclear Russia? I'm serious and not just LARPing.

Indeed

>Norway
>Raiding England
That was the Danes, the Norwegians tried invading England at Stamford Bridge though and got absolutely decimated by a levied peasant Fyrd army.

No thanks

Gubben på hjälmen påminner lite om Gustav II Adolf.

Shetland :-DDDdd

>Tell me about the Jörmungandr
please be more specific. do you want to know about its etymology? properties? myths?

Daglig påminnelse att Frisien är ett Nordiskt folk

nå må de henge seg selv

Kek i'l have you know we ruled over you with Danelaw

And that bridge incident was a ruse so that Willhelm the viking rules could take you all down

We raided a lot too, in fact we started it. Historians and archeologists agree that the lindisfarne attack was Norwegian vikings.

heelo there my fellow nordics

>Ingermansland
>Kolahalvön
>Pommerania
Stop LARPing

fugg

dra dej i baken din jäevla snorunge

Fuck off Norgay. Norway is more nigger than Sweden. I fucking hate your pathetic country, you guys are even worse than the Danes

Fuck Norway

Would Estonians feel more Nordic, and more loyalty to the other Nordic countries than Slavic countries in general if we were to be in an economical union?

fuck you oilnigger and FUCK scandinavia. Enjoy your stupid language and swedistan enjoy your niggers. Finland has nothing else to discuss, we are out.

estonia is nordic
fact

Says the mudslime...

Why do you guys all have the same flag? Genuine question.

Would Saga be a fitting name for the brave stalwart Norwegians who archive links?

Why are you guys so autistic about adding non nordics to nordic?
Only nordic countries are nordic!!!!

Here is the official nordic list:

Denmark.
Faroe Islands.
Greenland.
Finland.
Åland.
Norway.
Iceland.
Sweden.

Kek I'll have you know Finland is scandinavian

Oden vandrar på landsbygden.

Top kek, Norway got more immigrants and Muslims in % than us. Sweden only got 120 000 Muslims

>we
>Swedish flag
Sven, you haven't stepped foot in England. You're a laughing stock.
>that bridge incident was a ruse
No, it was an invading army sent to claim the throne of England and was defeated. If it were a ruse, why did the Normans ethnically cleanse the Danes living in the Danelaw region once they completed their conquest?
Norwegians mostly raided the Irish territories and didn't make much headway. They tried it with the Picts but fled because the Picts were known cannibals.

I agree

no

Shetland and Orkney are ours bish

Newfoundland here. We are the true ancestors of vikings.

Estonians and Latvians are arguably Nordic, and in the same category as Finns.

Because we need numbers and land to be a dominant economical force in the world economy. Which would be crucial if we don't want to be bitched around. Having countries like Estonia and Latvia in the union would make us all more independent.

Estonia is more Nordic than Norway
>Finland
>Sweden
>Iceland
>Denmark
>Estonia
We are the true Nords, fuck Norway and their oil drilling

We converted to christianity so the cross
WIth marriages to Byzantium and what not

we have the same one for the fact that were pretty much the same people and we just spread the fuck out
Kek go learn history you damn anglo
Il have you know Willhelms decendents still sit the fucking throne of england and he's a fucking viking!

GET KEKED

>Sweden only got 120 000 Muslims
both you and me knows that's broadfaced lie
affes.wordpress.com/2014/07/01/utlandsk-bakgrund-i-majoritet-i-malmo/

Which one of you idiots said Canada won the war of 1812.

You're wrong. But I'm not gonna sit here and argue about muh viking raids.

Already told you this. Normans mixed with the native Gallo-Romans. And Williams descendants sat upon the throne of many nations, not just England.

England too

Dunno why really. A protestant thing?

Hahaha wrong, the weak Norwegian settlers got murdered by native Americans. Norwegians are weak, even native Americans defeated them

kirkwall reporting.

You're joking, right? You got at least twice as many in percentage.

They are manifesting some deity with their actions. Question is more of which one.

He's just a shitskin troll, ignore him or at least don't take him seriously.

The real Vikings came from Friesland and went up north before going on the Anglorapetour

No we didnt the ruling class was fucking pure you damn mongrel

He apointed 200 barons to rule england vikings all so that he can marry english nobility while keeping his genes nordic

KEK
Listen to me you pathetic piece of shit
Get out of this fucking thread you goddamn chink

Tack, behövde bli påminnd

Well, I'm not wrong really. You raids were minuscule in number. Only the Danes raided in large enough numbers to have an impact, and nearly every major set piece battle fought against them was an Anglo-Saxon victory.

Aberdonian here.

I want to learn Norwegian. Is it worth it? Also I'd love to visit Stavanger one day, what's it like?

I'll just post some old bracteates, then

Eat my dick
You don't have to be so mad, bud.

Wrong, I went to Oslo last month and I saw more niggers there then I ever did in Stockholm.
Yes I know own about Malmö, but come on you guys are loosing your capital

how do you guys like the new money?

Do you know what the fucking danelaw is? huh we fucking cucked you
And il have you know there was no Sweden norwegian danmark back then it was all unified Scandinavians sacking your pieces of shit

>
Kek still mad cuck
told you to be quiet

I don't. I like norweigans and danes more over faggy political correct swedes.

Wrong again.

Pulju

Ruling class later mixed with the natives Anglos. Sorry. And you keep saying "We" like it was your people. Sven, you're arguably one of the weakest peoples in all of Europe. Your nation is a joke, your flag is consistently laughed at outside of this safe space of yours, and you have resorted to claiming other peoples victories as your own. Literal nigger tier people. Go extinct already.

some runestones maybe

why other side is censored?

Passar er bra.

Prove it.

>One chance at life
>Born a German with green eyes and chocolate hair
>Live in America
Why live?

Told me to be quiet? Or what?
What are you going to do?

Our cities are shit. The best ones are arguably Trondheim (architecture, nothing special really though just the best "bigger" city in Norway) and Tromso (unique landscape around).

fucking sad piece of shit
Aa you mean we raped you pieces of shit?
Of course we did you fuicking cuck

Take a look at your queen and shes still blonde you fucking cuck

We have one million muslims you stupid cuck!

You're a niggerland

Ser för jävliga ut. Lite som leksakspengar.

Would Lofoten be a good place to visit?

Go be sad somewhere else you fucking cuck

rookie of the year (fuck that yankee)

>Take a look at your queen and shes still blonde you fucking cuck
d-du är inte seriös, väl?

this is one of my favourites

Ugly as fuck, why isn't there a single human on your money?

Also:A fucking cod

>raped
No records of rape were recorded, just mixing with Anglos to solidify their rule. Shows how low breed you are though really, doesn't it? Being proud of rape like its some achievement of yours. Oh right, it is the only achievement of yours. You have no other achievements other than rape and plunder.
>we yet again
How many times must I say it? You did nothing Sven, you are a weak people. Peasantry.

>21:54 2017-07-16
>/nordpol/ har fortfarande inte ett discord

fellow snownigger reporting in!

because having white people on the money isnt inclusive

What's the true old norse word for "bear"? Euphemistic words like anything etymologically linked to "bjorn" need not apply.

Also: please post any interesting examples of modern words with unexpected etymological roots in old norse.

One thing I've learned is that nobody in here wants to admit when they're wrong, so I won't bother. But I've read enough books on the Norwegian viking raids (some of which are written by your own english archeologists) to know that you're either wrong, or baiting.

Fuck Sweden. Piece of shit country with shitty people.