Catholicism General

All are welcome. Be compassionate, be merciful, and praise the Lord.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uv_2x6JmuaE
youtube.com/watch?v=FDGnmlg2Ww0
youtube.com/watch?v=RI4lkqYzJvM
youtube.com/watch?v=4Bvwzeuyx4E
youtube.com/watch?v=kK5AohCMX0U
youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0
youtube.com/watch?v=HxjYWvF5ttc
youtube.com/watch?v=WhP654dN3Ww
youtube.com/watch?v=4ych_dTX8G0
youtube.com/watch?v=pGgB0bf2PHU
youtube.com/watch?v=oX9xVnHYFAM
youtube.com/watch?v=sieHX3tPeRw&t=123s
youtube.com/watch?v=cX9bYNK5oC0
youtube.com/watch?v=C_gaT-tnpKk
youtube.com/watch?v=n-5mx5o8YYs
youtube.com/watch?v=70YDpSo2MRI
youtube.com/watch?v=g3Ekot38tV8
youtube.com/watch?v=2IxYXGfdGcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3scPRLGFE
youtube.com/watch?v=AKpexxzR4Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=o6JJCaf9e7c
youtube.com/watch?v=mNMQu5LXaeI
youtube.com/watch?v=_dV5b8AuLHg
youtube.com/watch?v=YRhRzdiCk7s
youtube.com/watch?v=xRi1GDoaQu4
youtube.com/watch?v=1_8Nrx-67EY
youtube.com/watch?v=74d3gWJOV-4
youtube.com/watch?v=GkdtYIPN9ic
youtube.com/watch?v=PU4ycRzwqDc
youtube.com/watch?v=WPQ4F9Xd45w
youtube.com/watch?v=noetoc2W4Pc
rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2017/07/fssp-sets-personal-record-for-most.html
icrsp.org/Pages/photo-quotidienne-ordinations-2017.html
instagram.com/explore/locations/1006569147/?hl=en
historyandapologetics.com/2015/02/pope-francis-is-no-liberal-24-examples.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hello, ex-catholic Muslim here.
Just to say that I hope one day, the three abrahamic religion would unite.
God bless!

BLACKED

I want a gf, do I need to sell my soul to god in order to get one?

Syriac Maronite passing by

Inspiring awe. the Vatican city is a testament to Catholic dedication to our Lord.

>Only one out of 100+ popes

You need to go home. GO HOME

The architecture of Catholic monuments are astounding, particularly when compared to other contemporary buildings for Christ and our Christian brothers.

honest question. I'd like to be a more active Catholic but the constant support of the Catholic church for Leftist (and basically atheist causes) always pushes me back.
Jesus said his kingdom was not of this world, so why would the Church involve itself in human trafficking between Mexico and the US? Why does it no longer speak about the burden of Usury foisted on most people? Why does it seem to me it's part of the largely Jewish lead anti-human internationalist mechanism that's being built?
Honestly don't know what to think about this. Objectively the Church looks like it's in its worst state in 500 years.

The church as devolved into decadence and indulgence. The papacy has no idea of the virtues of restraint and temperance. Furthermore, priests at mass seem to read scripture at face value without considering the historical context of Christ's teachings.

SeeAnd For a different take from a fellow Catholic user.

yes we will unite when you will start believe in our Lord Jesus Christ

"God" bless

Jesus isn't God to me, after all, he never said "I am God" and ate, slept and breath like a human :/

Nice bait

Unification of Abrahamic religions is Utopian, and in a way desirable. Even so, I can't reconcile our differences in our prophets. Praise God regardless, and may Christendom reign true.

I was raised Episcopalian but lost faith for awhile. I have regained my faith in Jesus Christ and God and am looking for a new church to join. Why should I convert to Catholicism over any of the other denominations?

Stop touching children

Yes, he did. The Jews accused him of blasphemy and he never denied it. Read John 10:33, Luke 5:21 and Matthew 26:65.

Also, what does a horse give birth to?
>a horse
What does a human give birth to?
>A human
Then what does God give birth to?
A God
Father, Son and Holy Spirit, One God, three persons.

Assuming you are conservative, at it's core Catholicism preaches humility, temperance, but also assertiveness--if read with the historical context of Roman antiquity, Christ's teachings are surprisingly pragmatic.

Read these:
And God bless.

LATIN/GREGORIAN CHANTS

youtube.com/watch?v=uv_2x6JmuaE
youtube.com/watch?v=FDGnmlg2Ww0
youtube.com/watch?v=RI4lkqYzJvM
youtube.com/watch?v=4Bvwzeuyx4E
youtube.com/watch?v=kK5AohCMX0U
youtube.com/watch?v=Dlr90NLDp-0
youtube.com/watch?v=HxjYWvF5ttc
youtube.com/watch?v=WhP654dN3Ww
youtube.com/watch?v=4ych_dTX8G0
youtube.com/watch?v=pGgB0bf2PHU
youtube.com/watch?v=oX9xVnHYFAM
youtube.com/watch?v=sieHX3tPeRw&t=123s
youtube.com/watch?v=cX9bYNK5oC0
youtube.com/watch?v=C_gaT-tnpKk
youtube.com/watch?v=n-5mx5o8YYs
youtube.com/watch?v=70YDpSo2MRI
youtube.com/watch?v=g3Ekot38tV8
youtube.com/watch?v=2IxYXGfdGcQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Wf3scPRLGFE
youtube.com/watch?v=AKpexxzR4Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=o6JJCaf9e7c
youtube.com/watch?v=mNMQu5LXaeI
youtube.com/watch?v=_dV5b8AuLHg
youtube.com/watch?v=YRhRzdiCk7s
youtube.com/watch?v=xRi1GDoaQu4
youtube.com/watch?v=1_8Nrx-67EY
youtube.com/watch?v=74d3gWJOV-4
youtube.com/watch?v=GkdtYIPN9ic
youtube.com/watch?v=PU4ycRzwqDc
youtube.com/watch?v=WPQ4F9Xd45w
youtube.com/watch?v=noetoc2W4Pc - 1.5x speed is recommended by user.

Bump
did you have a good mass you Catholic bros
bless you all

I have already read all those posts. But why should I join the Catholic church and not for example a Baptist church?

REMINDER THAT TRADITION IS THE FUTURE:

In the last week alone:

FSSP have ordained the same number of men as were ordained in the whole of England & Wales in 2016

rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2017/07/fssp-sets-personal-record-for-most.html

Institute of Christ the King held ordination after ordination in Florence (really recommend you check the pics)

icrsp.org/Pages/photo-quotidienne-ordinations-2017.html

SSPX ordained 9 priests & 6 deacons in the US

instagram.com/explore/locations/1006569147/?hl=en

The largest difference is hierarchy, the humbling effect it has on those who adhere to it. It mustn't be followed as a dogmatic hounding as a sycophant, but rather knowing your position in the larger scheme. Some will naturally be above you, but we are still God's children regardless of class.

If you prefer tradition, Catholicism is perfect. Also it is recommended to be okay with venerating Mother Mary.

Where does the Baptist church get its authority to interpret the Bible & doctrine etc? Bear in mind, Christ explicitly gave permission to St. Peter to bind and loose

Mass was good, thanks for asking.

That is true. This pope seems to say things that are unbiblical though. Did he not say that jews and muslims are saved?

reporting in

#NOTMYPOPE
NEW POPE WHEN

We have been undermined by corruption, user. Pray that these are only tribulations provided to us by the Lord.

No, he didn't. I understand & sympathise with a lot of critcism with Pope Francis, but a lot of that stuff is fabricated. Perfect example is his 'who am I to judge?' on homosexuality. Before that, he said 'if someone seeks & obeys God...'

SOON(ish)

Is it okay to disagree with the Pope on certain things or even dislike him but still be Catholic?

That's just another way of saying the body of christ..
I don't think it's necessary to pray to the santis or Mary

This is exactly the mediasization of the Faith that annoys me. They talk about the Pope as if everything he says some divine inspiration. Yes, you can disagree and hate him if you want. The only time we are bound to agree with what he says is when he speaks ex Cathedra - that is explicitly as the successor of St. Peter, which has happened very few times

Are there many Catholics in Romania? I thought it was mostly orthodox.
Here in the South I'm surrounded mostly by baptists and other heretics.

Yes, you don't have to like him. But if you don't believe in the position of the pope then you could become an Orthodox bro instead.

Why do you guys think the answer came from a man in the middle east? Wouldnt it have made more sense to come down in Rome or something? What makes that region so damn relevant to the divine?
Im genuinely curious, not being condescending.

Ok good to know. I have been on the fence about converting for awhile now. I still have to think it over a little more but I have been leaning towards converting to Catholicism. God bless you.

Answer me this.

Did Christianity make Europe great or did the people?
I say this because Pagan architecture and statues and what not were quite nice as well.

I would say both. Something must have inspired such breathtaking monuments.

In my opinion it was the people. In addition to the beautiful pagan art and architecture there is just as much if not more amazing Christian architecture.

Stop thinking that still happens

isnt he supposed to be god's representative on earth though?

I'd say its a mix of both. Christianity provided a solid foundation for cohesive kingdoms and empires to form, mostly thanks to the standard use of Latin among all its practitioners.
You still see pagan influences in christianity today, and there's definitely aspects they adopted from their way of thinking.
The people of Europe would've fallen easy pray to outsiders if it hadnt been for that cohesion. That said, it could've gotten along well if the pagan Roman Empire hadn't fallen.

But Christianity definitely inspired Europeans to awesome things.

True, take the Renaissance art for instance.

>nice bait

lol

Also is it true that Christianity is a spin off Paganism?
Like Winter Solstice or whatever?

If you've ever read Diamond's Guns, Germs & Steel you'll understand the significance of the fetile crescenct in which Israel falls, and if God wanted his message to spreadas far as possible, there was no time and place better suited
Ok, user, I'm not one to then bombard you with reasons I think you ought to convert, but just to confirm what I said: you only need to agree with the Pope when he explicitly speaks ex CAthedra (chair of St. Peter) which is very rare, and can never be done in conflict with a previous declaration of a Pope. God bless you whatever you decide

b8

inb4 nice

Fellow Catholic here. Can someone answer this for me. Im sure a lot of you have had this asked before. What was the purpose of putting the Tree of knowledge in the garden of eden? Or should i treat this as just an allegory of the Old Testament.

neat, thank you for the response.

See before "muh bait"

Pierre switched religions because he couldn't get laid in the other one.
Maybe your acne ridded mug will find a cute goat, lad.

Do you guys think the world is going to end on August 21st/September 23rd, or am I being paranoid?

Anyone who tells you a specific date is a charlatan and profiteer.
All you can do is watch for the signs.

I own a pork roast fire starter too asswipe, and a Hadith on PDF that i'm reading. (its all bullshit btw)

If not bait then you're and antifa cuck on pol.
>>>reddit

It gave us a choice. Yes, God could have removed the choice, but then we would not be humans, we would be robots.

Think of it this way: heaven is the most perfect reward. Itwould be not be the perfect reward if we didn't deserve it due to never having the choice to recieve otherwise

Haven't done confession since I was confirmed, haven't been to church since I was in bootcamp and that was to get an hour away from the drill instructors, and dating an apostate atheist muslim girl. If I wanted to get back in the good grace of the church what would I have to do?

I am Orthodox, but I sometimes take my elderly mother to Catholic Mass when she doesn't have a ride. I respect Traditional Catholicism, but most Catholic churches are iconoclastic modernist meeting halls with terrible cucked hymns and theology that is a mile wide and an inch deep. If you ever attend Orthodox services, you cannot possibly hope to find any kind of real Christian spirituality in a Catholic church. I wish it weren't so, but it's true.

I'm a Quranist, Quran >>>>>>> Hadith

This is the most hardcore LARPING i've ever seen.

The Catholic Church is responsible for disgracing Jehova's name. That is why they will be destroyed because at least other degenerates don't claim to be holy. And therefore they turn away people from finding Christ.

Confess those things, assuming you fucked the girl. Dating is not itself a sin. You'll undoubtedly feel 'why should I have to confess my sins to a person', but think to yourself: 'is this not just my excuse to not confess at all?'. It should be difficult to confess, but also, you're not confessing to the man alone, Christ is also there. Once you're forgiven, even if you forget certain sins, your're forgiven

There is no shame, simply return to church, confirm your beliefs and maybe convert your girlfriend. Salvation is always waiting, you have all the time in the world, user.

lmao

nigger you cant do that. You cant just take one thing that dingleberry M*hammed (8=>) said and believe in that.

In that case you should just chop off the second part of the coorahn and be a "First-part-er"

Islam is fucked up because it requires you to take all 12 holy books into account, then realize they are all widely contradictory, then just forget about how God made us rational creatures and accept the bullshit without question.

All muslims live under a theocratic dictatorship led by the devil himself. Dont ask questions and dont deviate and you wont get killed or have acid thrown in your face.

retard frog

Nice try, Jehova's are too naive for Sup Forums.

just confess, the hardest part is truly believing you did something wrong, so try to find the reasons what you've done is wrong

^thats just for life. also, try to convert ur qt muslim. Timing is essentail, because if she was a recent apostate she may not be looking for religion.

Are you talking about jehova's witness?

>Islam is fucked up because it requires you to take all 12 holy books into accoun
Don't hit me up with this internet education shit. The only holy book in Islam is the Quran.
Sunnis follow the Sunnah present in the hadith (and no, what Muhammad sws did during war isn't the Sunnah)

Nothing more contradictory than the Bible to be honest.

And when you think about it, satanic sects are only growing in Christian nations, not Muslims'

Not only that, I'm also talking about heretic scum that needs to be wiped out from the earth.

Hi all. I was confirmed this morning at Sunday mass. It feels so good to be welcomed back. I strayed from my faith growing up and I'm back to serve my Lord.

Pic related is catholic, loyal and faithful :)

Because Islam is a perfect satanic sect as it is and splintering it would only reduce the impact it can have on our good world.

*sigh* After all, they hated on Jesus (sa) too
But read the Bible and see what nations applies its laws the most ;)

How is Catholicism in Mexico? I've heard it is more cultural than anything. Are there many genuine Catholics left?

I think it would be hard to convert her for now at least and I love her too much to think about leaving her. I think university got to her and it may be some time before I could consider converting her. I've been missing my Catholic roots lately and have been thinking of going back to church. Thanks all for your advice.

kek. I remember that thread. It's the fucking interet, what do you expect?

Whats up Catholic bros and sisters

Christian nations don't exist and have never existed. Christianity has always been used to achieve political goals, even the Crusader States. Most of our history consists out of secular nations controlled by Christians, but being controlled by Christians doesn't equal Christian nations. I'm still praying we will eventually see a genuine Christian empire.

Catholic Church largest longest running pedophile ring in history. they took over where the roman elites left of

I think that will only be possible post revelation.

Almost forgot about the exception, the Vatican. But what good is a city state in a sea of modernism?

Good morning everybody, hope everybody is having a good day.

Daily reminder to learn what our Pope actually stands for rather than just flaming him:
historyandapologetics.com/2015/02/pope-francis-is-no-liberal-24-examples.html

I think this man handled Catholics pretty well.

Most of the accusations assailing our pope is unfounded nonsense. Even so, I can understand some of the grievances our brothers and sisters have with him.

Praise be, and don't lose faith in Christ.

>Even so, I can understand some of the grievances our brothers and sisters have with him.
Understood.

But again to all those who do have issues with our Pope please have a look at the link. I know personally speaking that I grew a lot more proud and respectful after having read it all.

>Tradition
>Schism with the Church founded by Jesus

Pick one

Dirty goy

Copy pasta coming use it at your leisure I found all these bible verses thanks to anons

Nehemiah
>Therefore set I in the lower places behind the wall, and on the higher places, I even set the people after their families with their swords, their spears, and their bows.
>hey which builded on the wall, and they that bare burdens, with those that laded, every one with one of his hands wrought in the work, and with the other hand held a weapon.For the builders, every one had his sword girded by his side, and so builded. And he that sounded the trumpet was by me.

Hebrews
And what more shall I say? For time would fail me to tell of Gideon, Barak, Samson, Jephthah, of David and Samuel and the prophets— who through faith conquered kingdoms, enforced justice, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, quenched the power of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, were made strong out of weakness, became mighty in war, put foreign armies to flight.

Luke
>“Soldiers also asked him, ‘And we, what shall we do?’ And he said to them, ‘do not shake them up (to extort) or by false accusation, and be content with your wages.’ ”

Luke
>And he said to them, “When I sent you out with no moneybag or knapsack or sandals, did you lack anything?” They said, “Nothing.” He said to them, “But now let the one who has a moneybag take it, and likewise a knapsack. And let the one who has no sword sell his cloak and buy one. For I tell you that this Scripture must be fulfilled in me: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors.’ For what is written about me has its fulfillment.” And they said, “Look, Lord, here are two swords.” And he said to them, “It is enough.”

John
Then Simon Peter, having a sword, drew it and struck the high priest’s servant and cut off his right ear. (The servant’s name was Malchus.) So Jesus said to Peter, “Put your sword into its sheath; shall I not drink the cup that the Father has given me?”
-He said not to throw it away BUT TO PUT IT BACK.

Acts 10 - Peter does not refuse baptism of a Roman Centurion

Pls gib copypasta.

Acts 10 - Peter does not refuse baptism of a Roman Centurion

Luke 12 – Jesus oks violence against evildoers
>If the servant sayeth in his heart
>"My lord delayeth his coming"
>and shall begin to beat the servants and maidens
>and eat and drink and be drunken
>The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh for him not.
>and at an hour that is he not aware
>And he will cut him into pieces
>and will appoint his portion with the faithless.
>And that servant which knew his Lord's will
>and did not prepared
>nor commit to his will
>he shall be beaten with many stripes.
>But he that knew not
>and did not commit things worthy of stripes
>he shall be beaten with only a few stripes
>For unto much is given much is required.

Which is a quotation from Sirach here.
>But of these things do not be ashamed,
>lest you sin to save face:
>Of the Law of the Most High and his precepts,
>or of justice that acquits the ungodly;
>Of sharing the expenses of a business or a journey,
>of dividing an inheritance or property;
>Of accuracy of scales and balances,
>of tested measures and weights;
>Of acquiring much or little,
>of bargaining in dealing with a merchant;
>Of constant training of children,
>OF BEATING OF THE SIDES OF A WICKED SERVANT

Luke 14:31-32 - Jesus speaks well of large expensive armies.
>Or what king would go to war against another king without first sitting down to consider whether his ten thousand soldiers could go up against the twenty thousand coming against him? And if he didn’t think he could win, he would send a representative to discuss terms of peace while his enemy was still a long way off.
Saint Augustine ep. 185 ”We do not seek peace in order to be at war, but we go to war that we may have peace. Be peaceful, therefore, in warring, so that you may vanquish those whom you war against, and bring them to the prosperity of peace”
this post and this and more incoming

Ecclesiastes
>There is a time to kill a time to heal

Acts 23 - Paul calls in the Roman Army to protect him from a mob of Kikes
> “When it was day, the Jews made a plot and bound themselves by an oath neither to eat nor drink till they had killed Paul. There were more than forty who made this conspiracy... Now the son of Paul's sister heard of their ambush, so he went and entered the barracks and told Paul. Paul called one of the centurions...But do not be persuaded(yield to) by them, for more than forty of their men are lying in ambush for him, who have bound themselves by an oath neither to eat nor drink till they have killed him. ...Then he called two of the centurions and said, “Get ready two hundred soldiers, with seventy horsemen and two hundred spearmen to go as far as Caesarea at the third hour of the night.Also provide mounts for Paul to ride and bring him safely to Felix the governor.”

Sirach justification for killing people according to the Lord
>Better is death than a wretched life,
>everlasting sleep than constant illness.

2 Peter 2
Submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether it be to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors, as unto them that are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers, and for the praise of them that do well. As free, and not using your liberty for a cloke of maliciousness, but as the servants of God. Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the Emperor.

Ephesians
Be angry and do not sin. Do not let the sun go down on your anger.

Matthew 8:5-13 - Jesus admires a soldier more than anyone else and does not forbid him from being a soldier.

Luke 19:27
But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slay them before me.”

Jesus was not a cuck

Romans 13 Saint Paul on Just War and Executions

>Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience. For because of this you also pay taxes, for the authorities are ministers of God, attending to this very thing. Pay to all what is owed to them: taxes to whom taxes are owed, revenue to whom revenue is owed, respect to whom respect is owed, honor to whom honor is owed.

Verses from Wisdom 3-4 for comfort in these threacherous times for White Man
But the children of adulterers will remain without issue,
and the progeny of an unlawful bed will disappear.
For should they attain long life, they will be held in no esteem,
and dishonored will their old age be in the end;
Should they die abruptly, they will have no hope
nor comfort in the day of scrutiny;
for dire is the end of the wicked generation.
But the numerous progeny of the wicked shall be of no avail
their spurious offspring shall not strike deep root.
Their twigs shall be broken off untimely
and their fruit be useless unripe for eating and fit for nothing
For children born of a lawless union
give evidence of the wickedness of their parents
When they are examined.