" A female Doctor Who is EXACTLY what the Franchise needed"

I like Jodie Whittaker but this is dumb move IMO. Don't understand why Doctor Who needs to be female or how this will help. Is this trying to expand its audience, or just cash in on diversity?

That being said Jodie is good enough as a performer that it could actually work, though NOT because she is female.

Thoughts on this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NjlCVW_ouL8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

some things are better with a woman, e.g. sex

Nothing of value was lost, Doctor Who has always been a bluepilled faggot cuck show. Even Rick and Morty is better.
>Doctor never uses violence or carries a weapon, even when it is eminently justified and would save lives
>The day is most often saved by a deus ex machina based on muh universal love, muh tolerance, muh feels
Watch Stargate if you want a redpilled scifi show. Heroes are competent and professional, and solve problems logically and with armed force if necessary. Enemies make more sense, are more dangerous and aren't just monster of the week. The best scene:
youtube.com/watch?v=NjlCVW_ouL8

Who gives a shit? I don't know who are more idiotic, those who are butthurt because is a woman, or those who are thinking this is some kind of massive victory against the patriarchy.

It's casting of a character in a shitty kids tv show, ffs.

At Least its not a ging.

Last season. Guaranteed.

I watched two seasons as a kid, was into it and then the TV station stopped airing it.

Is it worth watching again after all those years? Isn't there like gazillions seasons and spinoffs now?

Agreed. Finally an overt sexual relationship with a companion, and it's a mulatto lesbian.

The Doctor always had that sort of fartherly feel towards companions
This will completley fuck with the dynamics of the show up and be more hated than the 1997 movie

So is she going to be a lesbian since past love interests have been female?

god I need to vent this

I'm super skeptical about the Doctor being female. I really think this is just an attempt to be more "diverse." DW was already starting to push limits early on by introducing Captain Jack, a flamboyantly gay character. Then later 11 helped him hook up with another gay character (Allons-y, Alonzo!)

There are so many routes this can go annoyingly wrong. First off, they could turn 13 into Time Lady Feminist. I'm not sure I like the rabid blue-hair feminism that exists today. I would be turned off so hard if they played this stereotype with Whittaker. Then there's also how they would handle 13's relationships with River and Missy. Gay lovers ahoy! A further attempt to normalize that kind of thing. I guess I'm liberal enough that it wouldn't totally push me away from DW though. It'd really depend on how they handle those things. My fear is they're gonna try to appease their niche tumblr feminist fans.

Secondly, they could end up sexualizing the Doctor. I would be so disappointed if that happened. She is The Doctor. She is over 2000 (or maybe 4 billion depending on how you look at it) years old, a runaway from the lost world of Gallifrey. She guards the Earth and is willing to die for the humans she cares for. She's an eccentric intellectual. My fear is that they'd throw all of that away just to make her a sex idol.

I prefer they don't address 13's gender at all. Shock everyone that the Doctor is now a Time Lady... and then don't touch the topic at all. Developer her (((personality))) and (((relationships))), not her (((sex))). I don't mind if they make jokes about it or have it be minor parts of plotlines. It's possible to respectfully and tastefully address the fact that after eons of time being a man, the Doctor is suddenly a woman.

But if the change in sex must be a thing, I'd like for them to be smart about it. I think a good example to follow would be how they handled Janeway in Star Trek: Voyager. A woman, but also a starship captain.

It's not enough to satisfy their moron audience. They would complain even if they cast a brown person.

The absolute butthurt emanating from Sup Forums and Sup Forums.
Nobody is forcing you to watch this show. Or any show or movie with a female or nonwhite lead.

You're right, no one is forcing anyone to watch it, so no one will be watching it.

Oh, the tumblrinas will give it an episode or two, then lose interest. They've never really cared about the show, watched it, or enjoyed it. They just wanted to get their way.

Then when the ratings dive and the show is inevitably cancelled, the retarded left will simultaneously screech about how it's proof that society is misogynistic all while patting themselves on the back about destroying something they always hated.

Liberalism is a mental illness.

>SJWs sneak in your garage and paint your car bright pink
>"What's wrong? Nobody is forcing you to drive a pink car, there's plenty of other cars in the world"

I've never understood the appeal of this show. It's just shitty "lol so nerdy" pandering. Honestly casting a woman probably makes a lot of business sense because every faggot I've ever met that watches this show seems like the type of person that'd jizz their pants over some petty social justice 'victory'

this

Stop paying the BBC. No more license fee.

Was that a gun advertisement?

Great question. If they go full rule 63 then the companion should be male. But that will offend people. Unless he's gay?

Dr. Who was trash anyway, the entire plot of the show was dictated by technical limitations and they've been selling SJW shit along with it for years.

>Shitty show.
>David Tennant was quite good
>This ain't turdlr
>no one cares
>Alost, fucking MILF

she is culturally appropriating blonde hair from white people. she must apologize

This
Dr. Who is shit

You're mad that the electric jew is telling you to go improve yourself by making the programming extra shitty?
Lazy ass huwyteboi. Go lift.

>should we make our own thing with our own character of the race, ethnic background and sex that we want?
>no let's take an existing series and hijack it

Thanks, BBC. What's next? Bond? Sherlock?

The Doctor is canon pansexual, meaning s/he can be attracted to anybody regardless of physical characteristics. But the formula is always Doctor and female companion. Or Doctor and male and female companion.
So the next companion will be a black male so Sup Forums and Sup Forums get hyper triggered.

next companion, Muslim refugee

not a Proud handicap POC?
wow too much bigotry for me. hope to see a hashtag for what we think of their white straight actress.

>pansexual
Wow you painted bisexual a different colour well done!

Isn't Idris Elba all but confirmed to be the next Bond?

>Bond
I've got very bad news for you

Is it racist to have a white protagonist now?

Find it telling that it has to be a younger woman and not 50+ like most male doctors