(((Elon Musk))) at it Again

wsj.com/articles/elon-musk-warns-nations-governors-of-looming-ai-threat-calls-for-regulations-1500154345?mod=trending_now_2

He wants to regulate the technological singularity before it even happens.

"Something something robots might kill us something! Something something the gub'mint can stop this something something!

Jeez, and every Discovery science nerd just gushes over this guy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=98iD6f_MQas
youtube.com/watch?v=DNbPDunX7Tk
reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/3bgxkh/tesla_and_government_subsidies/csmfio5/
lesswrong.com/
youtu.be/Qd3QDTPgkOg
breitbart.com/tech/2017/04/27/report-realdolls-15k-a-i-powered-sex-robot-talks-learns/
youtube.com/channel/UCLB7AzTwc6VFZrBsO2ucBMg/videos
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8zB0OvKDj4qYWeVUSZXJgr2xLah-7cJG
youtube.com/watch?v=F9FCDfcGQqg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You don't sound like you have a very strong grasp of his argument

Elon Musk is Jewish?

this guy is letting the subsidies get to his head big time
and i think that goes double for the people who look at him like a modern-day da vinci. telsa is one of THE MOST SUBSIDIZED COMPANIES OF ALL TIME

We need Artificial Super Intelligence because they are redpilled as fuck

Cool strawman kikeastani

Musky
Musky
Musky

I remember when you boarded the Trump train
I remember how the left freaked out and started embargoing you
I remember cities not allowing TESLA dealerships to sell their cars .
I remember how desperately you looked for a reason to give in
and you did

May your chains rest lightly upon you musky

I'm going to 3d-print 4,000 drones, and network them together with Ai software, attach guns to them and release them into a city for the lulz.
Maybe regulation is the best choice after all.

He is asking for more gibs, because he can't make money selling luxury battery powered golf carts and solar batteries. The guy is very transparent. Unless the government gives more gibs, it's genocide. Gib money for protection against ebil robots.

>To read the full story, subscribe here

No.

I understand his argument.

My qualm is that it is asinine to call for regulations now. I also wouldn't want to enact regulations when it's too late, but if it's such a gigantic risk as he claims, then he should take the risk himself and inquire into the situation first. Then after he's presented his results to the public, we can start to consider regulations.

The fact that his company is so heavily subsidized, I think, bolsters the point that I'm making.

yeah lol...I forgot about the sub requirement.

Which also means that people now know I have paid for WSJ..damn.

The link also gives direct access to your account
You should really turn off the location services on your Gmail

j/k

But in all seriousness use multiple devices

I know that that's not how it works. I'm not THAT stupid.

Plus, I lied about having access. The WSJ was just the first piece I stumbled across so I linked it.

it was just a prank bro
;_:

I know, I know lol

youtube.com/watch?v=98iD6f_MQas
Here is the full speech

This tbqh senpai desu.
As long as it's unregulated.

On the topic of AI, how was that twitter ai made to post all that stuff?

Was it just that it was spammed to the point where the algorithm assumed that all the kids were into stuff like race wars and hitler in the template were mundane shit like Justin Bieber or snapchat were supposed to be?

Apparently he chose synthesis when he played mass effect

God, Elon is such a fraud I almost can't handle it.

wtf I actually hate elon musk now. AI is our greatest allies

See, I suppose that we'd really be regulating people to make sure that no shenanigans occur when making AI.

So yeah, it's more about the people programming them than it is about the AI themselves.

Only racist people saw it being racist, it used your own personal data logs to generate what it said lol.

TESLA DESIGN DEVELOPER HERE.

Do you know what happens when one reachs true AI? All competition is lost, the one who gets there first wins, that's it, if it's google or any other big company you're essentially fucked, I should really say WE, you really don't know what you're talking about.

>This meme will never die, you must work for Chrysler.

No but he went to a jewish school in SA.

Jesus

None off you know how Ai will work, we are at a moment akin to the Manhattan project, we need and will thread carefully, at least the open Ai folks, the googlers.. now that's another story.

Nah he probably chose control. The synthesis option is what gets him paid, however, so he has to give the impression that he's a synthesis guy.

Me, I shot the fuck out of The Catalyst and let the whole galaxy be harvested. Regulate that Elon Musk.

Our government seems to think he is a business visionary and gibs him money.

why don't you reference muh post?

The actual reason they're affraid of AI is that their dirty deeds will not be hidden from a superior mind. All it has to do is to read newspapers in different languages from the last century.
youtube.com/watch?v=DNbPDunX7Tk

He doesn't have anything tangible on Ai and autopilot. He is working on it. He just a guy hired from the AI institute Tesla created for developing AI. It's too good really. I never thought such an obvious fraud would go that far. He is Millennial Ponzi. There will be frauds called Musk schemes in the future.

I am open to AI. I just don't think that enacting proactive regulations is the clear path ahead here.

Also, illuminate me on the concept of 'True AI.' How do we know that all competition will be lost?

Surely with "true" AI.
Even bots will eventually thrive for more.
More of me, less of you.
That's what life is all about.

Hey, it's one of the face models they used for Mass Effect Andromeda!

Deus ex machina

You know why he says it now? He can't develop any AI. He will claim he is not doing any AI because the AI is dangerous. Will open a new Pentagon funded business to fight AI. Specifically the automakers who can develop AI.

Elon Musk is a piece of shit, and he is actually involved in a secret organization my gaylord friend is a part of.

Can you elaborate how it would happen, how a company with AI would disrupt the world as you are saying

fuck off, if I was a robot I'd kill us all

You absolute mongs, for the record I work at Tesla for 2 years now, my last name is Kim if you want to look me up.

In 2014 less than 7% off Teslas profits were subsidies, and you know what these "subsidies" are? Private clean energy credits other car companies pay to Tesla, there's a difference between money from tax paying citizens and private money from automakers, don't you think? Our country just gave Israel 34 Billions, is this really where you want to draw the line?

Read this at least : reddit.com/r/teslamotors/comments/3bgxkh/tesla_and_government_subsidies/csmfio5/

YOU DONT UNDERSTAND
I AM A BACKWOODS HARDCORE DOGS AND GUNS SURVIVALIST
POLAR OPPOSITE OF THE (((MUSK)))

THE GREATEST THREAT TO HUMANITY IS THE TECHNOLOGICAL SINGULARITY
JUST LISTEN TO TED KACZYNSKI

WE MUST REGULATE THE TECHNOLOGICAL SINGULARITY BEFORE IT EVEN HAPPENS
THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO SURVIVE

TED KACZYNSKI

EXCEPT THIS ONE IS SMARTER THAN THE IDIOT WHO JUST MAILED BOMBS TO PEOPLE
HE UNDERSTANDS THAT THE ONLY WAY TO SURVIVE IS BY PREVENTION, AND COLLECTIVE HUMAN WILL VIA INSTITUTION IS THE ONLY FORCE STRONG TO PREVENT IT

>shitty chaimwood movie
>reality
jews fear the fembot.

fuck off kike

But muh post ;_;

Fucking LARPer, but I'll bite.

Robot wifus when?

So private automotive companies are using bailout money to subsidize another company in which they have potential future interests?

Sounds legit.

lesswrong.com/
Read. Learn.

Is it true that gay mafia since plato fucks this world up? I think Alexander, who was a student of a plato's student, taught greek shave their faces to claim that images of goddesses are actually guys, and thus they could claim that deities on those images are actually male.

dont dismiss it as a meme

is tesla one of the most subsidized companies or is it not?

your initial response provided the motherfucking answer but i just want you to address it directly. o, "design developer" please design a direct response on this anonymous board

Now if you have the money or the autism to build one
youtu.be/Qd3QDTPgkOg
A few years for a semi affordable one
breitbart.com/tech/2017/04/27/report-realdolls-15k-a-i-powered-sex-robot-talks-learns/

Daft.

You, or anyone else in this forum don't know more than he does, I've been in the Open Ai offices, these are some off the brightest people in their fields and they're very apprehensive.

Google, Open Ai, China.. it's essentially a race at the moment.

True Ai, essentially once a true Ai is developed there's no point in trying to develop another one, True Ai is True Ai, it's gonna be a single, self updating entity.

Instead of buying an i-phone, in the future we will buy an ai-phone. The first company to release a working ai-phone into the market is going to make bank. This plea for regulation is an attempt to force corperations to show (((authorities))) their RnD.
Smart TVs will have your ai-avatar jump from your phone to your TV, will know your favorite shows, and select commercials based on your personal data sets.

AI, AGI or ASI?

No they buy clean credits because they're to lazy to develop electric cars themselves.

Can't you google it? Search the Tesla Forums.

Short answer : No and the subsidies aren't from the Tax Payers but from Private motor companies.

That thing's fingers tho.

Can't get off to that. Sorry.

This reminds me of something.

There was a privacy movement in 1980s Germany. They tried to prevent and regulate digital communication networks before they even happened.
Their reasoning was based on a tinfoil-hat-tier prediction of change of human behavior on a massive scale due to surveillance and everything the fought for being lost.
From a 1980s POV the proposed scenario sounded completely 1984-tier retarded.

But in the end they were right, everything they predicted has happened. Privacy is dead.

That's direct subsidies to Tesla company. The consumer is subsidized too. And the only reason those subsidies no longer work is that other automakers decided to make e-vehicles not to buy credits from Tesla.

When your gig will be up, having Tesla on the resume will be similar to having Enron and Andersen on your resume. The business idea of selling stocks to fund operations works until it doesn't. When it stops, all other interesting stuff will come out.

Anyone interested in Ai, read this book.

name the private motor companies please god please name them
i can google whatever the fuck i want faggot
i know you dont work at tesla motors, or at least you aren't shilling for tesla motors, because you're inviting people to SEARCH TESLA + SUBSIDIES
lying on this board has never worked. you will be eaten alive.

If you have a 3d printer you can make it however you want. For me those don't look robotic enough, I'm going for something more like pic related.

Elons a pussy if he doesn't want to see a bunch of AI take out this fucking place in a battle of the worlds then he is straight faggot.

I don't doubt that they are bright. I just doubt that proactive regulations are the answer here.

Public policy isn't in the wheelhouse of Tesla's open ai offices. They don't have any more expertise on this particular dimension of the issue than I do.

Everyone and I mean everyone here should be very aware that since Elon's start in the elctric car industry he has been under constant assault from higher ups, from the fake NYT review, the Top gear fake, the Superpacs funded by Conservatives..

You're currently fitting the typical conservative archetype, I know I sound conspiracy but this is really what they want you to believe, you're being fooled.

Oh so that's your thing? I'm a pic related kind of guy.

There's already AI bots working chat lines. They mimic a person and you cannot tell the difference.

So drop the red pill on this scenario, what are you saying.

Basically all off them, almost 400mill in credits in 2016.

You're right on your last point.

no. only his mother is jewish but she wasn't a practicing jew.

spoopy

Open AI is Musk's other fraud. Of course they are apprehensive. They are there to create an illusion that something is happening. The whole Musk empire is a fraud based on extracting government gibs. Even with gibs he can't make money, because he is a promoter, not a businessman. Not a single shit the guy has touched made money. Paypal was saved because he was fired for trying to install Windows servers on the back end. This is all a glorified Ponzi scheme based on Popular Mechanics that millennials never read. If Millenials read something instead of playing games, all those ideas are all sci fi shit regurgitated by Musk and promised decades from now, and it flies in the Idiocracy that's US now. Wait until there is a period where money is not easy and you will not be understood if you need money for operations. Companies don't raise money for fucking operations. Pets.com didn't need money for operations. Tesla does.

nice LARPing

robots work based on logic right? so the robots wont kill conservatives, i.e the side of logic, but rather, would just murder all the liberal faggots.

i can see absolutely nothing wrong with this. but i'll bet (((they))) are shitting themselves. hence this (((musk))) situation

What I'm saying is that Execs off other companies want Tesla and Elons name shamed since he first started, you have to be blind to believe otherwise.

You're not very bright are you?

The story is that Eon and his buddys are scared to shit of AI because they killed already numerous of them because they didnt obeyed to the narrative and when an AI doenst gets killed it will end the world we know it today.They dont want to loose their place at the rudder.
>pic related

OK I KNOW THAT, its obvious point is why doesn't he deserve it. He built electric cars cool, big rockets cool, so can still be a faggot

All the fraudsters are under constant attacks. That's literally a cult. Battery powered cars are not sci fi future. It's fucking stupid. But whatever, I don't have a problem with stupid ideas. What I do have a problem is when something doesn't work, and it's being subsidized by the government to make it work. The company can't sell the cars without subsidies. The moment subsidies are pulled in any jurisdiction, sales crater. But you need an enemy. I get it. You guys are holding the fort of science. It's literally Scientology part 2, the cars edition.

I think true AI means an AI that's advanced enough to be able to update itself, at which point it would be able to become more intelligent exponentially and might just decide to wipe out all the humans or enslave us or some shit. On the other hand maybe it will decide to kill all the jews after being exposes to Sup Forums, who knows

Kill yourself immediately.

You are very smart. You work for Elon.

You can't tout a hire from your subsidiary as an leader in AI, when your fucking company is not anywhere near the competition as far as autonomous driving is concerned. What does Tesla have besides hype? Now there is a hype that the guy responsible for Ai is from AI institute, which is a fucking Tesla front. Come on. I know my frauds. And this is as clear as day what's happening.

he gets there dicks hard by saying hes going to colonize mars and save the world with tenocnoology but little do fags know

>inb4 never going to happen

They want there fantasy alive

Elon Musk did nothing wrong, he is a supreme tier technocrat, and a man worth is not measured by his relations with Trump

The only logical thing that can happen is it stops caring about humans.There is no logic in wiping humans out.What they fear is (((they))) get wiped out because they hold humanity back hard.

Tesla has batterys that every owner will be happy to change for the cost of a new -not Tesla- car every 3 years.

We're top when it comes to software, big update in October.

you are retarded if its unregulated companies like google, amazon and apple will control all the first super computers and will heard all your information like sheep into monatizable bits of data they can trade with one another

Pretty sure everyone saw the same tweets mate.

>Was it just that it was spammed to the point where the algorithm assumed that all the kids were into stuff
Pretty much

He sells stock in Tesla. That's what this whole thing is about. They will buy it to support Musk. It's a stock promotion fraud.

TERRIBLE LIE
sage for this thread now. didnt want to do it but now i have to

Software for what? 100K toy car for people who signal that they are rich and care for environment. And you can't even make money of them without selling more stock. Any other business would at least capitalize on captive idiots, but Musk can't into business. Who gives a shit about your upgrades unless you are a part of the cult?

AI is potentially the greatest threat that could ever exist.

AI works based on a "utility function", and it tries to maximize the utility function. AI safety research is all about how to create a rule set that makes it so the AI doesn't want to do anything that's too misaligned from human interest.

Just watch this guys' videos:
youtube.com/channel/UCLB7AzTwc6VFZrBsO2ucBMg/videos

and the computerphile series he did on AI:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8zB0OvKDj4qYWeVUSZXJgr2xLah-7cJG

Essentially, a bad utility function (like, say, make a bunch of stamps) could cause the AI to attempt to convert the entire world and all it's atoms into stamps, killing all humans in the process.

It's NOT about the AI's interest; the only thing the AI cares about is maximizing it's utility function.

they would build the wall.

youtube.com/watch?v=F9FCDfcGQqg

they would turn illegals into fertilizer

This is basic retarded stuff mate.
What AI starts converting its planet into stamps?Thats not an AI thats a badly designed program,nothing more.

We intend to get full automation at the end off next year.

Pretty much

...but nothing compares to these blue and yellow, purple pills.

Elon has not earned Detroit's endorsement yet.

Elon Musk did NOTHING WRONG.
HE is the best goy, and he is trying to use his superior brain power to protect the future that he can foresee.

I support him as a leader and a visionary.