Other urls found in this thread:

geocraft.com/WVFossils/Reference_Docs/Geocarb_III-Berner.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Donald Trump is based

>fuck whitey

>The EU is shit and needs to go down.

>I misconstrue other people's arguments to give myself moral supremacy

>Things brainlets say thread?

I get it. You really blew OP the fuck out with that one.

>I voted for Trump
>MAGA

>Nobody knew healthcare could be so complicated

>climate change is settled science

>people who spent millions of years evolving to a specific climate should be allowed to live in a different one
>if one demographic is negatively impacting society as a whole they shouldn't all be deported

Climate is changing and has ALWAYS been changing since before life even existed on this planet.
What people don't believe in is runaway global warming which is complete and utter nonsense.

>Climate change

> he's a good guy

Brainlets have shown up
>Holocaust never happened

It's not caused by man.

>climate change is reversible and caused by humans

It's bullshit. 80s meme that Al gore rebooted to trick goyim into becoming 3rd world trannys.

Climate change is real

100% natural ebb and flow of the climate of the planet

explain how this ice melted before there was any manmade industry you fucking faggots

4 (You)s

>i believe in evolution

Only brainlets here are you and the faggot OP
>No runaway global warming at 6,000 ppm + CO2 and 20C global average for hundreds of millions of years
>Somehow it is going to happen at 400 ppm CO2 and 12C average global temperature

It's bait, but I'm an idiot so here's a copy pasted reply on why the whole debate is fucking worthless:

For all the countless hours of talk wasted debating whether anthropogenic climate change is real, the public have become myopic and ignore the real questions. Once they feel their debate is "settled," they immediately make calls to action and demand regulations.

Whoa there! Hold your horses. Suppose we grant that climate change is real and manmade. That doesn't answer any of the (honestly more important) questions that must be addressed before enacting sweeping policy changes. Because the difficult questions are not scientific so much as economic.

I've tried to discuss these varied and highly nuanced topics with others, but it has never ended well. The myopic public will just label you a "denier" and hurl stale science at you without actually addressing these important questions. Or they will become fanatical and tell you the the sky is falling and there is no time for such discussion. Finally, I found one question that really cuts to the heart of the entire climate change debate, one question that stops people in their tracks and forces them think about the problem in a new way.

The question is this:

How much would the United States need to reduce their carbon emissions in order to stop atmospheric CO2 from rising?

This is a question most have never considered. They just know CO2 has to be stopped, but they never asked how much we need to reduce to make a meaningful impact.

So what is the answer? Actually, it is a trick question. Because even if the United States completely shut down all industry and eliminated every man, woman, and child from the entire nation, reducing carbon emissions by 100%, it would still not be enough to prevent global atmospheric CO2 from rising.

1/?

At this point people may point out that the US doesn't have to make all the changes alone. Any real fight against climate change must be a concerted effort of many nations.

Fine. Let's modify the question.

How much would the United States, Japan, Korea, and all of Europe have to reduce carbon emissions in order to stop atmospheric CO2 from rising?

Again, this is another trick question. Because even if all these nations reduced their carbon footprint by 100%, if every man, woman, and child in the US, Europe, Korea, and Japan were to vanish off the face of the Earth tonight, it still would not put a stop to the advance of climate change.

How can this be?

Let's modify the question one last time to see.

How much would the WORLD need to reduce carbon emissions in order to stop atmospheric CO2 from rising?

Approximately 40% of all manmade CO2 is successfully absorbed by the environment. This means roughly 60% of manmade CO2 is not absorbed and thus increases atmospheric CO2.

We may therefore say we need to reduce global CO2 production by around 60% to reach a break even point (but this ignores the fact that absorption rises along with our production). Still, something around this number can be found in the scientific research.

"In order to stabilize CO2 concentrations at about 450 ppm by 2050, global emissions would have to decline by about 60%. Industrialized countries greenhouse gas emissions would have to decline by about 80%."

-Barack Obama's Presidential Climate Action Plan

80%??? And how much do all our proposed plans reduce emissions?

The United States accounts for about 17% of manmade CO2. Japan, 4%. Korea, 2%. European nations between 1 and 2 percent each.

China and the developing world account for over 47% of manmade CO2. So if you wiped out all of the US, all of Europe, Japan, and Korea, and then managed to reduce China by around 25%, you would be near the break even point for CO2 absorption.

Perhaps you start to see now what we are actually facing here. A 60% global reduction in CO2 cannot be accomplished without creating a worldwide economic depression which would no doubt kill millions of human beings. Good luck on reversing the industrial revolution and sending mankind back to the stone age.

The only possible solution to this problem may be found in some massive scientific and technological advances. Short of that, there is nothing we can do to stop climate change except perhaps an extremely authoritarian global government and mass death (that's not what you want, right?).

If you've been wondering why the world seems to be sitting around and not doing anything about climate change, maybe the answer isn't "those stupid, evil Republicans and oil companies," maybe the problem isn't "those ignorant, irrational science deniers"...

Maybe they've just taken a look at the numbers

3/3

OP btfo

Bong post best post

"I worked a summer job and paid through college. Why don't you get a job and stop acting so entitled"

b-but muh greenhouse effect!!!! CARBON TAX NOW!

>Obama was a bad President but Trump is a good President

Take your nigger logic to facebook or reddit, if you aren't able to nuance something like an agricultural and technological civilization built in the meantime

Not an argument.
What the fuck does an agricultural and technological civilization that have to do with anything you stupid fuck?
The entire premise of runaway global warming is that CO2 causes a runway feedback loop.
If it didn't happen at 7,000 ppm WHY THE FUCK would it happen now at 400ppm and at half the average global temperature?
Answer this mohamed, you stupid fuck.

Love the source on your claim bro

Here you go brainlet.

And if it was man made don't blame and tax me for what rich elite fucks have been doing to the planet for decades. They are the ones who have to pay with their corporate profits! NOT ME YOU LEFTY ANTI WHITE TAX US MORE NIGGER! ALL THOSE IDEOLOGIES STEM FROM THE SAME PEOPLE!

Well sourced and thoroughly documented. That frog has truly been cooked.

then ur retarded the science is here.

that said i dont buy into (((green energy)))
people who think buying electric cars, building wind and photovoltaics will put a dent in co2 emissions are also retards.

The majority of shit is from business. Sustainable energy is helpful though.

LOLZ
I'll just leave pic related here

"I don't know and can't be bothered to look it up so it's fake :'("
Look up solar cycles, albedo, volcanic eruptions and the lack of other greenhouse gases or pollutants you fucking human garbage. On such a wide scale and that long ago you'll be dealing with extremely volatile data.. it's almost as if you haven't made your argument in good faith, who'd have thought

Your pic proves my point you fucking moron.

>Something can happen very slowly naturally.
>Therefore people can't cause it to happen quickly.
Did you think this through at all?

>The entire premise of runaway global warming is that CO2 causes a runway feedback loop.
No-one credible believes that. Maybe you should stop reading shitty tabloids for your science information?

Wipe the cum out of your eyeballs
That's a graph from the source of your pic, which very disingenuously removed the margin of errors, because you likely picked from some fringe conspirationist blog without bothering to look up what it really means

>some fringe blog
The only disingenuous one here is you.
Pic related has full citations and references, refute it or or fuck off.

the line is trending the same in both of those graphs you fucking moron, did you even look at it before posting it?

Contrary to you, I went to the source of your data and fished out the graph, which has the actual margin of error on it
I can even give you the link and the page cause I'm a nice dude
geocraft.com/WVFossils/Reference_Docs/Geocarb_III-Berner.pdf
Page 201
Your turn nigger, dance for me boy

>she was just tired

What is your point exactly. Even if we took the lowest possible points in the margin of error, it still does not refute what I said.

You are the one dancing around the issue like a monkey.
First you claim that I got it from some "fringe conspirationist blog" and now you attack its accuracy? You are full of shit

The entire reason it happened in the first place was the consequence of an asteroid colliding with Earth marking the end of the Cretaceous period. The debris shot into the atmosphere would block out the sun creating a colder climate

>dude Sup Forums lmao