Colonising Mars

Do you reckon Elon Musk (and other nerds) want to colonise Mars because, deep down, they want to escape all the niggers?

Other urls found in this thread:

cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00788R001900760001-9.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He grew up in south africa, so I'm pretty sure thats a yes.

Indeed but I reckon it's what all his fans are thinking too, subconsciously

It's just the latest case of white flight

Interplanetary white flight

op, please. Do you even have to ask?

No gravity is basically like swimming, and we know who can't swim for shit.

It will take more than 10,000 years to terraform Mars using technology that doesn't exist. There isn't any way to increase its weak magnetosphere either.

Since we either:
>die eventually
>learn to find a way out of here before we die eventually

a lot of people are interested in making the latter happen
If you want to escape niggers move to a gated community in a smallish midwestern city

Only flat planets can sustain life.

you're an idiot. the gravity is most of why we are interested in Mars.

I think they'll make our life down here more and more miserable, until there are plenty of volunteers for Mars suicide missions. Would you already apply today, Sup Forums?

>not just sending the blacks to Mars and staying on Earth

But it's a long way to Mars, you know, burger?

We want to colonize mars because that's what it means to be human. The drive to explore the unknown is embedded in us from the time when we had to scout the outsides of our camps for threats and sources of food.

And a space ship is basically a slave boat in the wide ocean. I doubt they'll like this.

Elon wants to get away from vile teenage scum like you, op. Just kill yourself already.

>current year, still believing in the jewish (((space))) meme

In the event of space travel, colonization, and human endeavors into our solar system and beyond it will be a leftist world that dominates the political sphere from there on out. Prove me wrong seriously.
Everytime i think of what a political world would be in a space faring age i think of leftist and expanded lgbtqtip universe where it never ends. Anything resembling so much as a viewpoint leaning right would be squashed. Honestly i just can't see a future in a space world with anything even right centrist leaning; does anyone have something to prove me wrong i want to be wrong i really do but every time i think of it all i see is a thousand years of darkness in leftist hell hole universe :*(

Well digits show whats a strong reason
But also, the US has already been to mars, pillaged all its worth pillaging, and then recently in the obama admin they gave the greenlight for private sector to go there

yeah mars... that's what we will say. not at all being shot into the sun.

Escaping the niggers has always been the motivation for exploration and genocidal colonization... Even the first niggers that left africa that led to the white races were trying to escape the niggers.

Imagine, a world of whites only.

To even farm on Mars will require importing soil from Earth. The amount of soil to grow enough food to support even one person is ludicrous, and guess what all attempts at making a colony-scale self sustaining biosphere have to the current date FAILED

*blocks your solar wind*

yes.

i don't think there's any question about it.

You don't have to increase its magnetosphere to deflect solar radiation, just put a giant radial filter out in a lagrange point between mars and the sun that reflects the harmful shit and lets enough uv, white light through to grow shit. Easily done, mars will just be in the 'shadow' of the filter.

Can someone explain what this tard is trying to say?

Why should we flee and leave the Earth to niggers? Send them and all the other shitskins and mudslimes to Mars. Let them build their ideal society free from dependence on western civilization and see how far they get.

In simple terms there is a force field around earth that protects from radiation. Mars doesn't have one it lost that many many years ago.

There was a Bradbury story about that.
Or if not him, another early sci-fi writer story about it.
All blacks go to Mars

The story is about a white astronaut landing and how they want to lynch him

Send the niggers and muzzies to Mars, after a decade they and their offspring will be too weakened by Mars' low gravity to ever turn to earth. They can be a curiosity to watch from afar by space tourists.

Use a few hundred nukes to blow off Venus' excess atmosphere and terraform it into a comfy white ethnoplanet.

Wrongish.
A thickish atmosphere would stop more than enough radiation to make the surface viable.
I mean, on Earth, the magnetic field goes away every few thousand years as the poles reverse.

It's the thick matter of the atmosphere that stops dangerous shit.

Mars' problem is that it is too cold. There's lots of CO2 in the caps.
Gotta melt it.
The solution is to slam it with a few comet cores full of volatiles.
Maybe a few nukes, why not.
Gotta add heat to the system.

Add a mirror system at the Martian L1 and you're good to go.

The lack of a magnetic field for Mars is a minor problem.
Yeah, in a million years the thick atmosphere that humans like will blow away.
But man that's so far away it doesn't matter.

Mars needs heat and maybe some more volatiles. Enter comets and mirrors.

I've yet to hear one legitimate idea for how we terraform a fucking planet before we learn how to remove carbon dioxide from our atmosphere. Leftists will defend this.

Oh we can.
It's just expensive.
And no one wants to pony up yet.

There's even a cheap route with iron seeding, but no one wants to take that potentially apocalyptic step yet.

We know how, but we don't want to do it yet.

Book related

>t. flaming faggot who had no comprehension to the sheer magnitudes of energy required
Try 1,000,000,000Ă—all nukes ever made

i can always rely on autism never stop disappointing pol

Better book
Red Mars by Robinson
GOAT Mars colonization book imo

My God you love cock more than i thought possible.

Plant life trees large amounts of algae!

>tfw born too early to enjoy chicks with three boobs

Because we white men are the only ones that fucking CAN do this right. We shall have to leave this world one day, therefore we must present the Universe with the best of our species. Putting retards and shitskins before the universe wont do anything but result in dead shitskins and retards, and we can do that with bullets for WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY cheaper.

Mars is at the fringes of the habitable zone.
The problem is that it doesn't have enough atmosphere to retain the sun's heat.
We don't need to warm the atmosphere on its own.
The sun will do it.
We just need the atmosphere in the first place.

A few nukes vaporizing the poles will help a great deal

What's your reckoning, bud?

Nothing I said was factually incorrect.

>tfw born just right to enjoy chicks with nice penis

>CO2 causes warming
Nice try, liberal faggot

kek had me going for sec but jokes up :)

>Implying it didn't already hapened with the original egyptians.

How do you enforce laws or collect taxes from light years away?
Far future is ancap.

what if the plan is actually to send all the niggers to mars and leave them there.

Why should the browns have the best planet while we cling to life trying to make a dead rock habitable?

Do a simple heat transfer calculation to the amount of energy required to change the phase of that CO2. I'll wait.

Oh that's right youre a larping faggot that knows nothing about science.

Yes you did say something factually innaccurate. The problem is the lack of magnetosphere first and foremost, not producing some shitty CO2 atmosphere that will just be blown away by solar wind.

Suck dick more.

Finally someone who isn't an autist lapper. But how so what's to say it won't even become more far left, more freedom from the homeworld, more laws to make it more ((Tolerant)) for different people of different races assuming based on merit. But still i can't even see that i just see a sjw light society. What other theory do you have that would say it would be ancap or even ancap light?

>boast about pulling a rocket out of your ass that has twice the lifting capacity of the world's best rocket made by decades of the world's best engineers

>push back the launch date for 5 years.

Nobody is ever going to mars, give it up, blue pilled shills.

Dude anyone that has basics of astronomy can see its b8 maybe even amazing b8. But it's still b8 just don't give him yous.

When humanity masters space travel, you will have a far greater genetic then on earth due to the length of time it takes to travel between them. Human colonized worlds will probably be unable to even breed with other colonized worlds eventually.

Inb4:

>we'll just magic something up. you sound like the luddides who thought x was impossible lol retard I am so much smarter than you he he ha ha.

The Ultimate White-Flight.

You realize that a thickening atmosphere is a positive feedback event, right?
You don't need to nuke every single ounce of solid CO2 to make a difference.
Especially if you use comet cores to do the rest of the work.

And also
>talks shit about knowing science
>thinks lack of magnetosphere is a problem

You stupid American pavement ape, look at the rate of atmosphere ablation.
We're dealing with a tangible loss over the course of millennia.
Who gives a shit if in 10,000 years the atmosphere is shaved down to a dangerous level?

Humanity did master space travel.

Mastery just did not end up looking like it did in the poorly thought out stories of science fiction writers half a century ago.

But I just said everything that needs to happen
Nothing I said was magic

How many nukes, and how much does each nuke weigh?

Give me a ballpark for the total number of launches, the total amount of nuclear material you propose to launch from the earth and hope none fail.

I can actually give you that on the economic side of that yea it would actually ironically be more free market in space than on the homeworld with no initial regulations. But even in the very long term we know that would change. So i just can't help and see it very bleak for humanity but one thing it would take possibly hundreds of years to reign in the bureaucracy of the space age. But again we'd think of the U.S in its early stages; very free from old world european influence, people are unregulated becomes so wealthy and powerful that it ends up becoming what it fought to get away from a taxed to death nation with laws and regulations when you look at make no fucking sense. So i honestly can't help but think annon the space faring age is more lefty bs. But you do have a point in the initial stages it would be more economically free than on this planet.

Wtf does space exploration have to do with the bluepill? Unless you are actually retarded and believe its redpilled to be dumb enough to think space is a no go. This kind of shit is never rushed. It takes time, planning, more planning, more time, and then execution. You rush this shit and people die pointless deaths.

And escape the Muslims. There was a fatwa issued banning Muslims from living in space.

cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00788R001900760001-9.pdf

well

>have to pay for the air you breathe
>"free market"

Pick one.

Space exploration is a blue pilled escapism fantasy.

Mars is a dead planet. The electromagnetic shield isn't strong enough to retain what atmosphere it still has. The atmosphere is not being replenished since there's no vulcanism. It is, essentially, a giant asteroid. It would require Nazi Bell levels of local space engineering to do anything even approaching geo-engineering. Plus all those house sized boulders littering the southern hemisphere. I see no real benefits to even visiting that rock. I'm likely missing something; I just don't see the point as of this moment.

You sound more reasonable but i do believe its possible. But launching muh nukes or comet cores is bs b8. And you sound more on point with geoengineering that's what most people tend to lean to. This guy gets it but it would take massive investment and years to accomplish.

Why?
Are you supposing that there is only a limit number of launches possible?

I'm saying that the limit is will and if people want it enough, it can happen.

Compare the budget of the US military to NASA.
I mean shit, look the at the old F-104.
The Starfighter was a suborbital spacecraft forced into a military role.

The issue is budget and desire.
If you want to send 1000 nukes into Martian intersection, we can. We have the technology. We're not going to run out of plutonium trying.

Likewise, if we want to send a mirror to change a Martian trojan to strike the planet, we can.

It's about the willingness to do it. Not the technology.
Obviously, it'd get better if we kept trying
But even now we can do it.

I mean shit, we landed people on the moon over 40 years ago. With computers equivalent to a fucking TI-83.

Literally this is the arguments leftists always use. I didn't want to hate them but they really still can't wrap their heads in how fundamental the conservation of mass an energy is to physics. They all think we'll magically get some plot device item from movies that will solve this problem. Its bizarre.

>You realize that a thickening atmosphere is a positive feedback event, right?
It absolutely fucking isn't you goddamn liar. How the fuck does melting a solid magically create more energy to melt more of it?

>You don't need to nuke every single ounce of solid CO2 to make a difference.
And what difference are you trying to make? You don't follow through with the mechanics of your ideas.

>Especially if you use comet cores to do the rest of the work
Holy shit stop smoking weed and reading fringe science, faggot.

>talks shit about knowing science
>thinks lack of magnetosphere is a problem
>You stupid American pavement ape, look at the rate of atmosphere ablation.
>We're dealing with a tangible loss over the course of millennia.
>Who gives a shit if in 10,000 years the atmosphere is shaved down to a dangerous level?
Because we'll still be dead from the radiation :D also, assmad much?

>Space exploration is a blue pilled escapism fantasy.
Says who exactly? It seems more like you pushing ideas that you don't see fit your world view as being "xpilled" to avoid taking responsibility for a dumb opinion.

kek Comet core i've never once heard anyone say that. Literally that's something you'd think someone on meth or weed would say.

M A G N E T O S P H E R E

You must be baiting.
No one can be this stupid.

Yes, thickening atmosphere is a positive feedback loop.
It's not about "creating more energy" it's about RETAINING IT
You moron. If you want to collect more water, then spending money on a bigger bucket helps you do that. You're not creating more water. Moron.

>dead from radiation
The initial colonial buildings will need to be underground, yes, but as you thicken the atmosphere, the need will go away.
The reason why we don't receive much solar/interstellar radiation on Earth isn't because of the magnetic field. It's because of the atmosphere.
Gamma rays are not affected by magnetic fields. You ever see a magnet bend light?

Meme.
Do some research first.

The atmosphere stops gamma radiation. We don't need more to be save.
The magnetosphere stops atmosphere ablation.
Which is measured in percentages over millennia.

If we can thicken up the Martian atmosphere by heating the polar caps or adding more volatiles via comets, then radiation is a non-factor.

And even if we accomplish neither, a buried colony is superior to any other type of colony.
Better than a space colony.

>grew up in south africa
>got "bullied"
>was thrown down flight of stairs and knocked unconscious at one point
>got the fuck out of the country as soon as he could and came to the US

he got the redpill much earlier than most of Sup Forums
he's just the best in the world at hiding his power level

>Yeah, in a million years the thick atmosphere that humans like will blow away.

You have not even done the simplest back of the napkin calculations. The amount of material the solar wind will blow away is an exponential function you faggot. The denser the atmosphere becomes the more of it will blow away in the same amount of time unless you have another variable to keep the gases in place. faggot.

>Not because of the magnetic field.

Now i've seen everything. Was a good thread until b8 showed up.

>Are you supposing that there is only a limit number of launches possible?
Yes because statistically, ONE launch will fail after a thousand and just imagine how horribly apocalyptic a nuke exploding in our atmosphere would be? We're talking nuclear fallout all over the place.

>I'm saying that the limit is will and if people want it enough, it can happen.
All we need is to BELIEVE :D

>Compare the budget of the US military to NASA.
NASA is really just military research larping as manifest destiny

>The issue is budget and desire.
No the issue is lack of infinite energy and infinite resources, money is a middle man to resources and doesn't create energy.

>If you want to send 1000 nukes into Martian intersection, we can. We have the technology. We're not going to run out of plutonium trying.
You need a fuckton more than a 1000 to make a dent

>Likewise, if we want to send a mirror to change a Martian trojan to strike the planet, we can.
What?
>It's about the willingness to do it. Not the technology.
Muh belief will change the laws of physics

>I mean shit, we landed people on the moon over 40 years ago. With computers equivalent to a fucking TI-83.
Muh computational power of a CPU (which has always been a manufacturing issue) is somehow related to this

You do know that Sup Forums has IDs right?
We can see that you've been shitting on every single positive idea here. Regardless of the scope, as soon as someone says "Space" you say "Stop"

That makes you sound like a shill.

I have in fact done those calculations.
We're dealing with millennia in a time frame.

Go do them yourself.
See what the results turn up.

>cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00788R001900760001-9.pdf
That's some Joseph P. Farrell levels of freaky-deaky.

You don't even know what the fuck you're talking about; comet cores, nukes? Where the fuck are you from? Holy shit only on pol.

mars is unreachable, earth is flat, colonization to mars is a psi-op to kill white people.

Fuck dude even the most brainlet idiot can realize huh maybe nuking the polar ice caps and causing massive amounts of radiation isn't the best idea. You're funny dough.

I keep on correct you and you keep on acting like you actually have something legitimate to say.

For everyone else reading, let's take a moment to laugh at him.
He thinks that if a nuke explodes, it detonates. Laugh and feel glad you're not so stupid.
A nuclear bomb is like an old Swiss clock. It takes very precise actions to activate.

If you blow up a nuke, it does not detonate. It just falls apart . You can move a clock hand by setting C4 to the mechanism and expect to work.

Sure, you're gonna contaminate the launch pad. But nothing more. It won't go "all over the place".

I mean, nuclear devices have exploded before.
What do you think powers space probes?
Hate?

>wanting to colonize somewhere that was already colonized and nuked into oblivion

but why?

Launching nukes would do nothing. That's just physical perturbation. It wouldn't help get the electromagnetic shield going. It's all about the electromagnetic shield. The only reason we're alive is because our shield is active and reduces the amount of atmosphere stripped off in space. What little of our atmosphere is stripped off is replenished by our volcanoes. It's a very delicate balance. There is no such balance on Mars. Hitting it with anything is like hitting a rock and expecting it to spontaneously come alive.

It would only be worth it if we could use the raw materials ON MARS to keep people alive. Otherwise we're importing Earth's biosphere onto Mars and that just won't work since Mars will just destroy everything we cart over.

Not that I'm trained in any of this. Just thought experiments I've conducted on my own.

>Says who exactly?

Are you refuging in argument from authority because you lack the IQ to understand rocket science and instead place your faith on ad-funded pop-science articles that conspicuously tell you everything you want to hear?

i don't think i have meet a single nigger that was interested in mars any more than a astrological sign. sadly, its similar with females.

i think its only white guys that want to grow the human race tbqh.

I guess the world was destroyed because of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, right?

And all those tests in the 50s and 60s.
Well, we're all dead, aren't we?

Musk obviously wants to live in Neo Venezia.

I want pic related to happen including the worms.

Although space stations are a million times smarter. "Mars" is a good sales story for retards.

>Main asteroid belt: The majority of known asteroids orbit within the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter, generally with not very elongated orbits. The belt is estimated to contain between 1.1 and 1.9 million asteroids larger than 1 kilometer (0.6 mile) in diameter, and millions of smaller ones.

>[O'neill] claims that colonies built with the natural resources of the asteroid belt alone, including limitless space-based solar power, could eventually support a vast civilization of "several tens of quadrillion (1016)s of people".

Lol you picked my dumbest argument and only attacked that one. You wrote all that and only addressed one of my statements? Go back to your fantasy books, Mars will never be inhabited. Focus on Earth and sort yourself.

Exactly why is this so fucking hard to understand. Jesus the only other person on here that gets it. Personally i believe in geoengineering but again you'd need a massive invst. A plethora of years to even get it going. But yes lets just launch nukes for the hell of it cause hey at least it'd be a hell of a fireworks show.

No. Wasted trips.

>misunderstand point about Rockets Exploiding and taking their payloads with them
>make big spergy rant about how smart you are
Typical blue pilled delusional space enthusiast.

If the rocket carrying the nuke explodes, you get a few kg of highly enriched uranium spreading into the upper atmosphere and trade winds and you can expect a noticeable uptick in cancer rates and people calling for the deaths of those involved and the immediate termination of that crazy scheme.

Be honest dude what are you smoking?

>You ever see a magnet bend light?

Are you fucking stupid? MASS bends light, it can be a magnet or a ball of feathers.

>someone who isn't an autist
b-but I...

Meritocracy gives best chance for new colonies. Affirmative action degenerate colonists will die out.
Fuel, water, air, living space are all limited in deep space so no one will be giving anyone else free rides.
Border security - the genetically engineered bacteria we eventually terraform Mars with or any alien life forms will have to be kept away from Earth so biocontainment will be a huge issue. Also all ships are airtight with no way to sneak on or off.
Weapons would work really well against spaceships, a few little holes in the hull are a huge problem. Easy to defend territory.
It'd probably be a bit sjwish because you have to live in a tiny tin can with that gay guy for 3 years so tolerance will have to be high but overall it'd be ancap.

A mass of a star compressed to smaller than the earth.

Are you really so disconnected from reality that you think we can do that with a technology?