How do they get away with charging so much for housing Sup Forums?

How do they get away with charging so much for housing Sup Forums?

Would you live in this room for 1000 dollars a month?

Depends on the population density of the area.

>Vote with your dollar and don't live there
>Move to a state without ridiculous housing prices
>Don't buy (((((apartments))))) and instead make a mortgage payment on a nice house
Options, man. Options.

But I like having the option to move

I paid $1500/mo to sleep on the bottom bunk of a room filled with 40 beds in San Francisco.

So yes.

$300 and done

why

>you can only buy houses, you can't sell them

>It doesn't take months even sometimes years in addition to thousands of dollars investment in repairs, upgrades, and appraisals to sell a house.

Why

You can get your own place for that much no?

You can sell a house a day. Just depends on how much money you're willing to sell it for.

never.

You can't exactly afford to move if you lose all the money you put into a house.

>How do they get away with charging so much for housing Sup Forums?

Supply and demand.

>Would you live in this room for 1000 dollars a month?

No.

There's no jobs in rural areas

Although I'm literally considering moving to some shit hole town in Idaho and getting a job at Kmart. I work as a software engineer in the city right now and it's torture.

R8 my jewbox

$1200/mo in Chicago

>How do they get away with charging so much for housing Sup Forums?
Supply and demand. If there is lots of demand, prices will be high. There's a reason people in bumfuck nowhere can live in mansions for the same price as a one-bedroom downtown apartment in a major city.

I currently pay $520 a week for a three bedroom house and it's considered cheap

Not in SF.

Does kmart even exist anymore?

I paid 500 a month for a three bedroom with basement, washer, dryer, dishwasher and water, sewage, trash included. Two story apartment.

Decent looking, not much in the way of cupboards though. 0/10 location, though.

Looks really similar to mine, albeit your home design skills are superior to mine.

Though I pay $840 a month and get a 2 stall garage included.
ND IS BEST DAKOTA

Study basic economics, specifically the supply and demand curve.
>when less X is supplied, it will cause the price to raise relevant to demand.

This is basic shit. Children understand it. Want to make a thread about finger painting, cuz this is damn close.

This is true. I had to leave the Adirondacks to find work outside of seasonal bullshit and temp retail. There used to be factory jobs here and there, but the one I worked at was shut down. Now I have a job, but I also live in a fucking niggertown. Fuck this gay earth.

You should be able to find some sort of programming job that allows you to work remotely.

The problem is people are always looking to MAKE money on the sale of their house. That's why it takes them forever to sell, and that's why they have to dump cash into their property to fix it up. However you should be able to sell the house very fast if you accept that you're going to sell it for a loss. You just have to make sure that the loss wouldn't be greater than what you would have paid out if you had been renting instead. Which should be fairly easy to do, unless you were stupid and got completely hosed on the purchase price of the house.

Oh yeah why didn't I think of that. I should have gone to remotejobs.com to get one of those.

>urban retards will defend this

Thats about the same here except its monthly like 2300 for a nice 3 bedroom house

1 million dollars in jew york

1 bedroom

Fuck yes, even with a 30 min commute to city center

That bad in Sweden eh?

>mfw buying a 1900 square foot house for 230k that will be around 1500 dollars a month that is still in a major city

Feels good to be Texan.

bland and lifeless, like your erectile dysfunction

literally making shit up, fuck you

It kills me to see that. Landowners are making bank on you guys. It's similar to how Dickinson ND (oilfields) boom was. I have 4bed house at 1300/month. You'd hate it here though.

Dicktown sucks ass. Liquids is niggerville. The rest are bars for alcoholics. The mall sucks. The rec center is the only good thing about that town.

if i was within 15 mins of a relevant city centre.
At the moment i'm in a 3 bedroom place in the Darwin cbd (city's population is only 140000) for $450 a week

That room looks comfy as fuck
You could live like the main character from Le Samourai with that room

Paying literally zero dollars for a private room, 50 yards from million dollar housing, a short walk to the beach, 3 hot and healthy meals for free.

Thanks, taxpayer. You're welcome for my service.

where do I poop

in the sink?

I hope rehab works out for you

No I wouldn't, but I would pay 1000 for pic related easily. Would be worth it for no roomates.

>shipping container homes

fuck off agenda 21 shill

No, outside with the dog.

Battered woman?

Coronado? You must be in the navy