Would people of Montana be screwed if the US was nuked?

Also, let's say you built a nice nuclear bunker on (or beneath) your property. How much time would you have to get inside of it? I'd assume there'd some sort of warning on the news, radio, etc. of incoming nukes. Or would there be enough rumors about a potential nuclear strike for days or weeks in advance, to the point where you'd likely already be in the bunker anyway?

Well if there was a full out nuclear exchange there would likely be some escalation first. Like Russian and US planes shooting at each other in Syria or some incident involving ships.

Unless its some kind of mistake involving a faulty early warning system and a satellite launch or something like that.

That's assuming anyone would even care to nuke Montana. As long as Montana doesn't get nuked (which would be pointless), Montana can maintain itself to be self-sufficient.

You want to live in a Secondary strike area. Basically somewhere starting at nuke #501. Then you'll have time. The first 500 probably fucked.

Montana has a shit ton of nuclear launch silos. It would be one of the first places to go

completely off topic, but im curious as to why that black dot is there. I dont know of anything there. I ask because i live basically right under that dot.

why would salt lake city, ogden and provo be targets?

I'm extremely close to that dot as well, is that the Richmond army depot or Lexington?

That isnt even near lex or richmond, thats like Harrodsburg or some bullfuck

Idk, maybe high bridge.

Hill AFB

but why would someone want to take out a fuck load of steel. It serves no strategic purpose.

its a possible target. But its on the north eastern edge of the circle.

It may just be like that to target the large-ish population around the area.

Why so many nukes in Montana? Is there something going on up there?

Realistically, it'd be smarter to leave Utah be so Mormon rebels can fight what remains of the US Government

You would hit both louisville and lexington with 1 if you dropped it in between. Notice there's no triangle over louisville

I'm not sure, I have grew up In Jessamine county and spent a lot of time in mercer county. Nothing here but that bridge. There is a national guard armory in Harrodsburg that deals with communications. But I would not waste a nuke on it.

There is a triangle over louisville though user

look at that map and the one mapguy posted

thats the most likely target

the only reason to target the bridge is because of the coal and oil that the CNO&TP handles

Air force and nuclear bases

They will lose. Some parts of the state may become the american Afghanistan though. The southern portion is nothing but canyons, mountains, and desert. The Maze District in Canyonlands National Park is the most remote region in the continental US according to many metrics. It is called the Maze for a good reason.

Idaho the safest state in a nuclear holocaust.

I guess I'll move there and retire

why are there so many nukes on the mississippi coast

closest target to you are the main transmission lines that run near the area.

that map doesnt make any sense for me phoenix is in the middle of arizona not the left

Missile silos. Same with the big clusters in North Dakota and at the Colorado/Nebraska/Wyoming intersection.

Ben Garrison's skinhead militia encampments.

Yeah we'd be fucked. Montana has a lot of nukes ready to go so in an all out war, those silos are going to be targetted. Military bases and some towns too. Country sides in Montana should be okay assuming you are far away from any silos and Yellowstone doesn't blow uo.

You think they would drop a few on yellow stone, in hopes that it would force an eruption.

I remember researching this and apparently nuking Yellowstone (even multiple times) wouldn't cause an eruption at all.

I have a better question. What happens if it does not work? Who can you sue? Say the guy that built it skimped on the ones he built. How would you know?

Well if he survived the nuclear holocaust I would be very cross and write him a strong-worded letter expressing my disappointment.

>Idaho the safest state in a nuclear holocaust.
Fucking Oregon mate.

This info is probably dated af though.

You think Ivan reprograms his computers? I bet those maps are still good. Dead hand is going to nuke the same targets that were programmed into it the same day it was turned on no matter what political changes happen. Its why these tards buying decommissioned nuclear silos for houses are retards.

>tfw living in first strike target

>You think Ivan reprograms his computers?
Nukes are expensive and it would be dumb to waste them on silos that has been converted into luxury BDSM dungeons by rich assholes.
>I bet those maps are still good.
They probably give you a good idea. At least cities don't move.
>Dead hand is going to nuke the same targets that were programmed into it the same day it was turned on no matter what political changes happen.
Wasn't the dead hand just a myth?
>Its why these tards buying decommissioned nuclear silos for houses are retards.
You wouldn't want a blast huge private blast proof BSDM dungeon?

There is a pretty good overlap between not getting btfo by nukes and not getting btfo by a drive by. The northwestern US is obviously superior in more ways then one.

>All those nukes targeting the east coast
>I live in the east coast
SHIIIET!

Nah, you'll be fine.

Shit, good point. I guess morals are the only thing preventing the contractor(s) from skimping out.

You could also hint that you're going to have it inspected by a 3rd party after its completion.

I miss the comfy nuclear attack threads from last winter when we thought Obama was going to Provoke Russia into attack and Putin was moving around warheads

Do you know how many missile silos we got up here? The most

The two nukes above Baton Rouge would destroy the Old River Control Structure, diverting the Mississippi into the Atchafalaya River and knocking out a significant portion of the US's oil refining capacity, as well as the primary means of export for Midwestern bulk cargo.

Gulfport, Biloxi, and Bay St. Louis would be backup ports for transshipment after the lower Mississippi was rendered non-navigable, so if nukes are available they're bonus objectives.