So, Sup Forums, how much are you on the hook for?

So, Sup Forums, how much are you on the hook for?

$0 I'm not retarded.

GI Bill, nigger

>Taking loans
>In the grim darkness of 017 M3

Thousands of kids are tricked into loans here in aus even for basic certifications. Instead of interest the debt is indexed based on the cost of living.

>and 30-somethings

Pathetic.

$0
Combination of VA benefits and SMART scholarship, plus merit scholarship, I'm getting paid to go to college

Don't fall for the ivy league meme; schools like MIT and Penn upload nearly every lecture class to their websites and you can watch them if you'd like anytime

$0 as well ain't the GI Bill the best fucking thing. Pretty sure all I'll have to pay for is my masters.

Who would be stupid enough to have debts on purpose?
"All my liberal friends do it" is not an argument.

People owe me money tho.

15 pounds a month for my computer, that is all.

>>and 30-somethings
>Pathetic.
To be fair it's pretty much useless to have your own place if you're single. If your parents live near your job, stay there and save money.

I left my parents house when I was 24 and things got serious with my wife.
A saved a shitload of money because I didn't paid rent for years.

$0

Owing someone else money is idiotic. Don't buy shit you can't pay for.

great shit

0 gi bill

literally 0

i have a scholarship, i make money from going to uni

$0.00

You did start out with nothing. You chose to take on debt either because you expected a return on that investment or because you're a fucking moron.

Had $45K
Got job in the military industrial complex, I was able to reduce that to zero.

>schools like MIT and Penn upload nearly every lecture class to their websites and you can watch them if you'd like anytime
now if only my youtube browsing history was of use to HR departments in deciding whether or not to give me an interview.

-$11,600.31

Paying off my Beema

0$

£0 because I'm not a moron

>because the point of my post was to watch said videos "for fun" and not to learn what's actually going on, therefore helping you learn more skills and therefore being more employable

fuck you sure got me there

>poor fag
>get a grant that pays for all tuition
>take out ~$7500 to get a cheap car and use it for living expenses
>school takes it and uses it all to pay for the really shitty dorms I was staying in
>drop out

Im not paying that back, fuck you

what's being taught*, little bit of an autist moment there

Why would I have debt? If you're talking national debt, I don't acknowledge that. I didn't sign shit.

Just my mortgage. I'm one of the lucky ones whose parents covered my college education in full. My wife owes quite a bit though

$0.00

>to inteligent for collage

I'm fucking poor by Jewland standards but I don't owe a penny to anybody.

I had about £8,500 debt from 2 years at uni before I dropped out. I've since gone on to become an IT Director.

My last pay slip was the first one that didn't have student loan deductions, in order to make sure they don't over charge you they swap from PAYE to direct debit when you're close to finish paying.

So I have about 1-2 months worth of direct debit payments to make, then I'm clear. I could just pay it all off now but it's basically interest free so doesn't really matter.

Colleges are cheap here.

90K in burger bucks.......
kill me now.

0 with house paid off and 200k in the bank.

Under 10k left on car, all that I need to pay off now.

GI bill also nigger

Zero, I had employable skills passed down to me from my father. OJT picked up where he left off once I did hit the work force. 20 years so far of being comfy.

Like 30 to 40 thousand, maybe more.

>90K in burger bucks.......
What the fuck is wrong with you.
Do you at least have a very useful degree in economy, science or engineering?

if going 90k into debt nets you a job paying 70k+ a year id say its worth it. i always kek at conservashits who somehow believe that making 50k a year with a trade is somehow something to strive for.

also i realize you types tend to be fact-resistant but the cold hard numbers clearly demonstrate that a college degree = exponentially higher earning potential over a lifetime. no amount of crying about basket weaving memes will change that.

Donated all my student loan dollars to Bernie Sanders campaign. Match me.

30k but with a 90k/yr job should be pretty easy to pay off

I owe my friend a bag of skittles and thats it

You're retarded.

>if going 90k into debt nets you a job paying 70k+ a year id say its worth it.
It's a bet.
I am not much of a gambling man when what is in the balance is the quality of my life and my family's.

Also, do not talk like if you "NEED" to have 90k debt to have a college degree.
I have one too, so do a lot of people in this thread, and we have 0 debt.

You do not strike me as a very smart man.

What

Around 15k left

Fpbp

I'm glad I never fell for the college meme or I wouldn't be traveling the world in my 20s with zero debt and excellent credit

Hello Kim

$0 Scholarships for not being retarded in school that give me a profit then halved tuition for being in military, GI Bill, and GI Bill kicker so I'm getting paid pretty decently to get a bachelor's.

Over 50 thousand when I finish my degree. Only gonna pay back like 200 a year thx UK repayment

Was it scary when they came to your house and held a gun to your head and forced you to take the loan?

>Not taking loans because govt pays 6300 of the max 30 000 loan
>Not taking loans because its almost interest free
>Not taking loans when you have free education and youre able to invest it all

Its like you want to be poor

$7k for one year in IT, I can get the ball rolling with that

>being a cocksucker on a salary with inflexible schedule for side projects

Credit rating has little to do with staying debt free. If you remain debt free your credit rating will at best be average, unless you have a massive income.

What gets you a good rating is borrowing money and reliably paying it back, because it demonstrates that you can, that you're reliable. I occasionally put big payments through my credit card and spend a few months paying it back, it costs a few quid in interest payments but boosts my rating.

Money lenders make money off interest on what you borrow, they don't make any money if you pay it back straight away or never borrow. When I go to buy a home having borrowed money and paid it back will net much better interest rates on a large amount like a house.

Both, one in Econ and one is petro engineering. I was dumb though fell for the meme and decided I was gonna finish what I started (I regret it now)

Not much

I bet this was a shareblue psyop targeted at Bernie supporters

Car + CC about 13k, no other debt.

You say that but its not really true, I have uncles who worked capentry their whole lives and make great money. One actually offered me a position starting at 24$ and getting a .25c raise every quarter.

>finishing a degree in finance in frankfurt
>getting my scholarship paid by the institution that's looking to hire me in a year when I finish uni + state subsidies because my grades are high

thankfully I wasn't born in america

Approximately 14k 2bh

Apparently I've been doing my signatures all wrong.

So are you proud to be a pedophile or ashamed of the man who made your school relevant?

Petro egineers are among the highest earners in the world at the moment, you're going to be minted, congrats.

Loans pay off if you have the genuine skill to go and do something with your life, which is only maybe the top 15% of graduates, everyone else will have suffered for their degree.

3-4 years in the free market climbing the career ladder is way better for average intelligence people, you don't have the debt, you've earned something, you have 4 years worth of skills and experience.

>tfw 3 master's degrees and now starting my first PhD

why would I ever work if I can live OK with the scholarships they give me

I make way more than 70k in the trades

None. Learn a trade faggots

Same fampai. 85K left but doing what I love everyday, staring at hexcode

$0, went when I was over 25, didn't have to put parental income on form, was poor with just my income, got grant for 100%. Only dumb and lazy need loans

Canada payed for my house using tax payer dollars.
Im not saying its cool but its free.

$60K, most of it because I stopped qualifying for subsidized loans before I finished my undergraduate degree. I'm three years into my graduate studies now, already got my MS and I'm working on the research for my PhD dissertation. I have no delusions about debt forgiveness or any of that free college shit - I borrowed money and I fully intend to pay it back.

With where I am now, even the worst case scenario (walk away with the MS) I've got a potential $50K/yr starting adjunct job lined up. If I keep m cost of living the same I can easily sink $10-15K a year into paying off the loans and have the whole thing paid off in 5 years. Best case scenario I finish the PhD and I'm looking at a potential $55-75K starting, depending on whether I stick with academia or go into industry.

So, not super worried. Could be worse - my sister ended up with $25K in loans and she's a dance major.

Nothing in terms of student debt.
Actual debt in terms of credit and vehicle loans?
About 12 grand. I'm due to reduce it to 4 grand within a year, then have it all paid off in less than 2.

$0

>Grants
>Scholarships
>Community college

A little debt is understandable, because sometimes shit happens, but if you accrued more than $10k in debt going to college, should have never attended, and you certainly should have never graduated, because you're clearly retarded.

kek I never noticed that

Well being that I am younger then kids who were raped...... Im pretty sure this is bait

No debt even though I go to Uni.

$0, compound interest is the most powerful Jewish trick. I'm Arabic orthodox Christian, if any of you were true followers of Christ you would know He wanted usury destroyed.

I'm also starting life off with a 60k+ S&P portfolio. Only 10% of your savings should be in the ((bank)), put the rest in an S&P index portfolio. No this is not risky because you aren't investing in any one company, but the average of the top 500 and thus the U.S. economy itself. It may lower very slightly every couple of years, but this isn't a short term investment. Over 20/30 years your investment could double or triple. You'll earn at the very least 3% annually, but that 3% increases every year as it adjusts to your new earnings from it. I started off with like 5k. Every month add as much as you can into it. Putting your money in the bank earns you zero. Putting it in the S&P500 Index Portfolio earns you massive amounts and guess what? You don't have to do a thing. Don't fall for the bank ju

>Same fampai. 85K left but doing what I love everyday, staring at hexcode

Its fucking depressing dude. I got all this shit I wanna do but Im stuck here pilling money into my loans.

>$25K in loans and she's a dance major.
Sounds like she got off lucky all things considered. Seriously though student loans is just a fucking scam, can't wait for it to pop, then dance people can pay an appropriate amount to study their craft full time instead of shit inflated by funny money.

5 figures isn't even that much.

99,000$ is still five figures.

$0
Got that full ride

$115,000, including bachelors and masters in engineering

0 I've cheated the system for years

To add on. The reason I have no student loan debt is because of the nice, tasty, post 9/11 GI bill. I got a nice comfy computer sciences degree, finished up a geology degree, and got my Satellite communications counted as an associates.
Only problem is my line of work (Satcomms) is really only in gov contracting.
Kind of hard to get back into the world after you leave. So it's network analysis for 20 and hr and basically watching movies at work all night.

I think I made out well.

€0.
Somehow in this mess of a life I managed to quit college twice debtfree.

0 somehow

>be me
>be 100k in debt
Wait no Im not a retard
>be shitskin
>be poor
>get an 80k grant and 20k gov pell grant
>make 80k surplus a year to do jack shit
>apply to more diversity scholarships my sophomore year
>get them all
>want a car so i get a student loan
Oh wait I didnt because Im not a retard
>buy scooter for 700
>shitskin money keeps flowing in

lmaoing at your lives

$0. on $60k a year for driving a forklift.

$0 served 6 years in USMC and got my degree in mechanical engineering, because I'm not a nigger

Honestly she didn't even need most of it, problem is a lot of those loan companies write up their contracts in such a way that they'll give you a loan based on what average or recommended expenditures rather than your specific financial need (which is what they're supposed to do and why shit like financial aid departments exist at schools in the first place). In her case she was going to a school where her scholarships covered most of her living expenses, but the loan company was still loaning her a couple thousand dollars extra a year for 'room and board'.

My sister's shit with finances (again, dance major) and used to barely check her bank balance more than once every month or two, so she'd assumed the extra money in her account was just adding up from all the extra hours she was putting in at work. Then her last year she quit her job so she could power through the rest of her degree and suddenly realized she was still getting money. Almost a quarter of the loans she has left to pay came out of that bullshit. Sure, it was partly her own damn fault, but come on, what kind of scam loan program gives a client loans they didn't ask for or have a financial need for simply because it's the 'default option'?

50K or something

I honestly had no choice, I got fucked by my situation

It's not that hard to find a school you can afford, even if through scholarships. For instance, Georgia pays all of your tuition to any state school as long as you get like a 3.5 in high school.

How do you go about making a fund? I see you can do that just at a vanguard or another competitor. I don't have to actually alert my bank except to make auto payments right?

How did you do it. I'm not understanding the process correctly and I'm interested in how it works. I've already saved it emergency funds so I have money to invest now.

Thansk

>earning potential

meanwhile, the amount of unemployed PhDs in the West increases every day

Only you need to be able to demonstrate said skills to get hired. Saying you watched some lectures on youtube without anything proving you retained information or have practical experience is not going to get you hired.

if money was not spend on this type of shit we'd all have way better lives

I have a vanguard account, so yes you should set up with them. You can either alert your bank and take it from your account, or have it set up where it takes a set amount from your paycheck if you're employed. Bank is likely easier brother

Oh and while I agree with what you've said, I just want to point out that the quality of lectures is not the difference between Pen and Penn St, for instance; this is not the main reason they hire professors. It's their quality as researchers, the smaller classes, and the quality of your peers. It truly helps to be around bright motivated students.

Nothing.

No credit card.
No bank account.

Jews can't get me.