Other urls found in this thread:

fortune.com/2017/07/10/best-tippers-republicans-democrats/
youtu.be/vBTfj2lN6sQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Mcf9CLMQuRQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable_pricing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>cheap piece of shit
see pic related

I don't tip because I don't live in Burgistan.

>servers are paid $2-3 per hour because restaurants are permitted to bypass federal minimum wage requirements
Guess what you should fix if you want to be paid properly?

>I'll hold your service hostage because i'm actually terrible at my job

I have such a moral objection to being forced to tip at a restaurant, that I stopped eating out.

Oh wow now I eat a lot healthier, for a lot less, and I'm under no social pressure to tip someone for doing their fucking job.

Blow me.

huh? or... you should just... tip?

I'll pay for my food. But why should i give a bonus to someone doing what's required of them?

whoa mr. toughguy didn't even read the last line and thinks he's on to something original.

>i'm too socially crippled to go out to dinner or have a job to afford it

fixed that for you, little guy. trumpcucks are truly a sad bunch

because that tip should be included in your check, but it's not

>you are obligated to provide this optional gratuity that I am entitled to
I'm so glad that the service industry is right in automation's crosshairs

but you're killing applebees....

Why is that supposed to be my problem?

If it's a "given" that people will tip, the industry will be organized to take this into account, so if you DON'T tip you are kinda freeloading on those who do, I think.
This is one of the reasons I avoid restaurants.

Doesn't sound like my problem.

>im-fuckin-plying
Not an argument.

What a shame.

>"hey are you gonna tip me?"
>"sure"
>have meal
>leave without tipping
Fuck you faggots.

> restaurants are permitted to bypass federal minimum wage requirements

They're not though. They're just allowed to count tips towards reaching the minimum wage.

>thinking poorfag food service filth is able to place conditions on their boss's customers
umm try again sweetie

>restaurants actually try to play the B-B-B-BUT IF I HAD TO PAY ACTUAL MINIMUM WAGE I'D HAVE TO RAISE THE PRICE OF A SODA TO $5

I fucking love this kind of bullshit kikery.

No. Pay for the fucking service. If you're really that poor and niggardly you should just stay at home/or at least pay little less

I tip if i like the service, that's about 20% of the times. In spain mostly everybody acts like that.

>At dinner with dad the other day
>Check comes
>He makes fun of me for never tipping
>I ask him how much he's paid out in tips over 40 or so years. It's probably enough to buy a nice car at this point.
>pay for the fucking service
I thought that's what the check is for

>Russians
>Tipping

Good one OP!

It's about the US, where tips constitute majority of restaurant income and are heavily taxed (obviously).

Two things need to happen.

1. These self entitled cunts need to be fired and replaced with robots.
2. The service industry, restaurants especially, need to go out business.

Another recession will guarantee both of them and it will happen soon enough. Good riddance idiots, being fetchers for the lazy isn't a worthwhile career, or even a respectable job.

>Don't have the balls
That's a bit problematic

>Pay for the fucking service
>bill says $15
>pay $15

new orders boys?

>Pay for the fucking service.
I do. But that doesn't mean i should be expected to cover the employers tax evasion.
I'd have zero concern with the cost of the staff being included in the bill, but holding service to ransom is despicable.

This. Had a tourist lady try to tip me yesterday. Took actual convincing to refuse it.

10 Ways Millenials are Killing Restaurants

I don't tip and when I worked hospitality I never expected a tip or provided varying degrees of service based on the likelyhood of getting tipped. I did make $25 an hour though.

Bad Goy!! It's your job to pay the employees not the business, oy veyyy it's economics 101 you gabrutz zwikkle!

flawed logic
he spends too much money on food in general if in that way he can get near buying a nice car

Bodybuilder against tipping checking in.

> litteraly living a country where you must tip

KEKS

tips are for street buskers, not for the people to pass me the food i already paid for

>it's perfectly fine not to tip
>but you're the fucking devil if you don't

so it's not fine then you lying, passive aggressive cunt

eating out is retarded anyway, learn to cook you useless prick

My gf worked as a waitress in a state that pays below min wage. If they didn't make enough tips to make min wage, the restaurant would pay them minimum wage.
Also it's weirdo that if you work at a pricey place, you make 15% of a hundred dollar bill, and if you work at a cheap place you make 15% of a thirty dollar bill for doing the same work.

The service in Europe is non existing because people think it is their "job" to work in the service industry.
USA service is the best in the world but you have to tip 10-20% .
Chose one:
1. No tip - horrible service
2. Tip- good service

People work based on incentives not some abstract "duty" according to job description.

>Waiter and bartenders, listen up. Your ideal customer is a Republican man from a northeastern state who's paying by credit card.
>That's a mighty specific profile, yes, but according to a new survey from CreditCards.com, those are the qualities that make up the best tippers in the country.

Looks like you hate liberals, OP.

fortune.com/2017/07/10/best-tippers-republicans-democrats/

Don't listen to the shitposters replying. Keep doing what you're doing, we will kill restaurants soon enough.

well that's the biggest load of shit i've ever heard

I have not tipped since 2013. I remember doing it the first time and being very intimidated by it, but then it became easier every time.

Here are the facts, op:
>tipping is stupid
No other industry does it, even the more important ones. It started because the restaurant industry was weak during the Depression and people just kept it around.

>tipping is discrimintory
Studies show that black waiters make less than white, men make less than women, blond haired make more than all others. According to labour law, it is probably illegal, because even neutral business practices cannot result in one group being paid more than another for the same work.

>People go along to get along
Everyone hates doing it, but people do it just to not seem cheap, which is not a good reason to do anything.

>it is fonctionally retarded
Two people order wine. 1 bottle is $100 and the other is $50. Server gets 15% for each, for doing the same thing.
Makes no sense.

Tipping is dumb. Vote with your dollars.

Japan edges out U.S. service and they don't tip. U.S. Is maybe the best service in the west, though

If I had the option to save 20% of my bill by just walking to the fucking kitchen and picking up my food, I'd do it.

If I recall, even buffets ask for tip in the US. FFS you're taking your own plate and getting your own food and your own drink. Fuck off. Tipping is bullshit.

youtu.be/vBTfj2lN6sQ

Or
>go to good restaurant that actually pays for good workers
>get good service
>no tip
>worker can still afford to live

>If you can't afford to tip, don't go out to eat
>If you can't afford to pay your employees, it's alright just get someone else to pay them for you

Hmmm...

Yeah I've always thought the percentage thing was weird when it's the same amount of work. Also if you bring up to a waiter the idea of doing away with tips and raising their hourly rates, they don't like that idea. They end up making so much money with tips that they don't really deserve , And they know it

>The service in Europe is non existing
Just because all you have is some shitty kebabs served by shitty shitskins doesn't mean whole Europe does.

business vs leisure

restaurants are barely profitable these days, don't be an asshole

lol my drug dealer snap chatted himself not tipping and writing (Taxation is theft) in the tip amount spot.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mcf9CLMQuRQ

i personlly tip very well

HOW IS THI POLITICS????
why is this thread made 100X a day?

oh that is right Sup Forums is too autistic to not post in bait/slide thread

>le Sup Forums is one person
fuck off

I'll bite.

Fuck off, Abdul. Most places I've been to has good service and we don't need to tip. Because people do their fucking job.

If it's not profitable, don't do it.

Sup Forums talks about hating niggers. You know who doesn't tip? Niggers. Guess what beck beards. You're the true niggers. I know this cos I love off tips.

this just proves that you the one who's stupid here

Le pol is multiple people and the person you replied to was talking about all of them

>dedicating your life to running a business that can't afford to pay employees min wage
I'd rather be unemployed

Niggers go into restaurants and expect service and don't tip on top of it.

Many of us just boycott the restaurants that have wait staffs. Going to a farmers' market and a butcher shoppe, selecting your ingredients, cooking them and serving them is hardly nigger tier behavior.

restaurants already have terrible margins as it is.
the price of food is actually too low in general

Why does the public need to bear the brunt of the waitstaffs inability to demand a working wage for their service?

If you don't tip you're on par with niggers really. Barring the waiter disrespecting me or something, I always tip 15%. Only people I don't tip are poker dealers because the rake is too damn high anyway. I particularly enjoy tipping when I'm visiting shithole countries, they get so happy and are so humble, it's adorable desu

I'll start tipping other people when people start tipping me for my job. If you don't make enough sans tips, then get a new job you degenerate.

Fuck off, most people do their job quite nicely unless you're eating at a literal slave labor restaurant.

>tfw went out to eat at a nice restaurant last weekend and tipped the waiter cause he was very nice, helpful and recommended some dank food.

>People work based on incentives
I agree. Which is why i'll take
>No tip
And add
>good service
Because the incentive is to keep the job you're paid to do.

Maybe try a good restaurant in the future, cheapskate.

>wasting hundreds of dollars eating out at a restaurant when you could just cook your own food for a fraction of the cost.

>do a shitty waiter job
>get payed loan for the shitty waiter job
>somehow feel entitled to receive literal gibs by default, because the shitty waiter job is shitty

Yeah no, try again. Get a real job or gtfo with your faggotry.
I gladly never tip and I couldn't fucking care less.

I tip if I think the change is irrelevant. If the service was actually fucking amazing I leave a little more.

>were paid below minimum wage! Tip us!

All servers should be gassed.

you don't know how free markets work

>Wasting dozens of dollars buying food at a grocer's when you could just grow your own food for a fraction of the cost.

As a person who manages a few places around my area I can say this is pretty spot on. In order to make a profit in Australia there has to be a 300% mark up on all services at a bare minimum, that's why you have to pay upwards of $40 for a decent meal. Pay the tip, it's a better system if everyone contributes.

Ever

>paying cash in 2017
Are you a drug dealer user?

>The rich start throwing a little extra money at waiters for priority service at restaurants.
>middle class takes the idea of rewarding outstanding service with a little extra money.
>fast forward to today
>be burger
>work in restaurant service
>boss subtracts tips from amount he pays you
>your outstanding service goes to waste, still only making minimum wage
>complain
>everyones wages go down, the rest supplanted by tips
>word gets out, people start tipping like its mandatory
>be awesome at job
>get the same 15% tip as the lowest common denominator working there
>boss still evading minimum wage laws
>MFW

>He fell for the plastic jew

Fact: tipping is en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Variable_pricing aimed to capture consumer surplus aka jewish tricks. Same shit as micro-transactions in games.

No one has to tip in glorious best Korea! Because everyone tips everyone trough their collective labor!

Why should I pay more money when I could just pay less money for the same service and product?

>Chose one:
>1. No tip - horrible service
>2. Tip- good service
Tip is post service payment it can affect service only in the world where time is flowing back.

>Having your virtual shekels taxed by Mr. Rosenberg

During my time in the States I only tipped to pretty girls who were also really nice. I could care less about others, I have a budget on my travels and I can't afford to tip all the wagecucks who don't go out of their way to be nice to me

Even in my shitheap of a country waiters aren't really tipped. Americans should just take it up with their shitty employers

It was hard to tip you frogs. For some reason you don't want to speak English, maybe because of Britbongs I don't know.

>fell for the vagina Jew
Those women laugh about how easily they con you out of your shekels, all it took was a pretty face and a fake compliment.

>growing your own wine and venison

>Won't pay an extra tenner for a hard worker
>Hops on an image board to complain about the Jews

Are you all LARPing as Merchants or is this actually how you behave?

Jew

I like how it's some sort of threat that the service staff will then give you bad service on purpose as if then you couldn't just tell their manager and get them fired and destroy their sad poorfag life

>because that tip should be included in your check, but it's not

So definitely not my problem. Thanks user, I didn't think it was.

Most of the time I embarass them with some nice-disguised-as-sleazy comment so I get my revenge.

Fuck the Brits, and if you come to France at least learn a few words just like I do when I come to the USA. But most of the time our servers and insufferable assholes so no worries if you ain't tippin'

Never understood this in the US. I tip 10% of the bill as standard for decent service. I go 20% for a particularly personable or very hardworking wait staff. I've gone all the way up to 50% in places that I visit regularly if the service is exceptional.

Why some nigger in the US expects a high tip if they provide shit service or have a bad attitude is beyond me. If you're good at your job and friendly the gratuities will flood in for you. If you're a wanker and still expect this then fuck off and find another job.

I also make sure that the tips I give aren't shared or have a cut taken by the restaurant. I'll take my business elsewhere or if I've eaten my meal I'll ask the waiter/waitress to step outside so I can give them what they've earned.

thats the worst of all worlds
>get shit service
>still pay 10% more

>but you're killing applebees....
Maybe Applebees deserves to die then. Perhaps if Applebees paid its servers at least minimum wage to begin with then they wouldn't need to have to threaten to fuck with our food to get paid properly?

Ever thought about that user?

The Dutch are not cheap pieces of shit. We're just turbo kikes about money.

>tip
>get a real job

Learn to type.