What careers are not at risk from automation? I need to know what to pursue

What careers are not at risk from automation? I need to know what to pursue.

Other urls found in this thread:

willrobotstakemyjob.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=BCUohOxL6Us
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The people who write automation software

psychology

this, unironically. machine learning.

>pilots
>only 55%

kek airplanes could fly by them self already

Nah, all medical stuff will likely be mostly automated within the next 30 years, but there will still be a need for nurses and people to operate some of the machines

NEETdom

I always thought accounting would be completely automated but after taking some accounting/business courses I've come to realize that there's a lot more than just the basic number stuff that a bookkeeper can do.

This, take a course on human intelligence and then try to go full suit in that field

didn't realise robots can think like people

People management.

Plumbers.

willrobotstakemyjob.com/

have fun

get a trade skill

I have a MS in artificial intelligence.

Automation is a complete meme.
In reality most people still work in fucking Excel, with nowhere enough developers to hand them proper tools let alone completely automate their jobs.

And in the future there will be even fewer developers because Millennials just aren't interested in software.

>What careers are not at risk from automation?
IT

Automation repair. I'm in school right now for metal fabrication and welding technology. After my associates is done I'm going straight into automated fabrication and repair.

Who's making the automation machines? Who's maintaining these machines? Theres your answer.

We said at risk of automation not at risk of getting replaced by pajeets.

>actors
>37%

wtf is this retarded shit?

Ironically enough, the humanities and social """sciences.""" People want other humans around for certain things.

Millennial here. I do programming for work and I enjoy it. Already automated a few people's jobs and management things you're magic.

It's exactly like you said though. Everyone is stuck on excel spreadsheets. They should really make programming mandatory in school. My life is so much easier with it but had to learn it in my own time.

Any good sources for deep learning or neural networks?

Ethics. Both cyber and bio/medical. There will be a high demand as innovation accelerates.

>Millennial here.
>reddit spacing
you have to go back

Creating automation seems to be the profession least at risk

>reddit spacing

Not him but what is that?

CG I believe. If you have seen Rogue one, one of the imperial commanders was played originally by a guy who is now dead and was in that movie entirely computer generated.

nice

Yep. Accountants are safe. The field is actually one of the faster growing ones.

No... no they can't.

Lawyers and politicians

>entirely computer generated.

Fairly sure they used motion capture on a different actor?

I'm looking forward to this. All you need is mo-cap actors and voice actors who can be paid less than a normal actor. The digital model can be the perfect man or woman for the part.

Military, if you are not some vehicle operator.

Since an AI are not yet capable of landing like a proper pilot or doing emergency maneuvers they won't be replaced since they act as fail safes.

Even if we get true A.I. I still believe that people will want a human to administer healthcare.

Not only that... they are literally incapable of doing anything that the pilot doesn't directly command it to do through the FCP.

i demand you expand on this

They have fully automated drones since the late 90's.
ie: can take off from one airport, fly to another airport, and land.

But the very fact this has been possible for almost two decades shows there is no push to replace pilots.
Even military drones get human operated at the crucial parts of their flights.

Guess you learned something new today, because they can.

Checked

I'm a sales manger. Pretty well paid and 100% human skill required. Virtually zero chance of automation.

>They have fully automated drones since the late 90's.
Drones are not the same as a Jumbo jet, they are light aircraft with easy take off and landing procedures.

It's like comparing a dingy to a oil tanker.

Then those drones were programmed to do one specific thing and one specific thing only, and I doubt they were fixed wing drones capable of flying at M .82 at 39000 ft please link me the article

never heard of a robot therapist or robot psychiatrist but wow

>4 posts
>Not him
>what is that?
have your (You) and be gone with it

>landing like a proper pilot

On airports with ILS that's actually very easy.

You just follow the glide slope (it's as easy as reading a radio signal that tells you you're too high or too low) and flare off just before touchdown.

I forgot I was on Sup Forums and not on Sup Forums.

Tell me why the commercial jet that I fly can't automatically recover from a Wind-shear Warning/Caution if these planes are so easy to land, never-mind the fact it doesn't flare itself or apply any cross-wind technique in the flare, nor does it maintain runway center-line after touchdown.

Soldier

This. Planes, ships, and tanks will likely see mass automation, but the human infantry will remain in service for a really long time.

Unless there's IMC at the landing and then it can magically do the hardest part without any chance for error.

You have a union and that's it lol

>Then those drones were programmed to do one specific thing and one specific thing only

Yes, they followed a pre-programmed flight plan.
But then so do commercial pilots unless something goes wrong.

>and I doubt they were fixed wing drones capable of flying at M .82 at 39000 ft

No, fixed wing.
It's actually much simpler than modern quadcopter type drones.

>please link me the article

I'm talking about some lecture I had in 1998 or 1999 if I even remember correctly. - when I studied A.I.

>TFW accountant

And who reprograms the FMS when a giant thunderstorm pops up? Who reprograms the FMS when air traffic control is re-sequencing aircraft? Who is there to ask for shortcuts The radar on aircraft isn't autonomous yet either.

I'm an airline pilot for a living, and these airplanes don't do shit by themselves... but sure, when there's a market for people who want to get on board an aircraft that can do literally nothing by itself then I guess my job is gone.

But only because a human life is worth nothing compared to a 100million or so attack roboter haha

somebody has to fight the upcoming machine war for us

>why the commercial jet that I fly can't automatically recover from a Wind-shear Warning/Caution

Because it's not an Airbus.

>never-mind the fact it doesn't flare itself or apply any cross-wind technique in the flare, nor does it maintain runway center-line after touchdown.

Those are all pretty easy to implement if they wanted.
But like I said they rather keep the pilots in charge (a choice not a technical necessity).

Software developer at big Cloud ERP here. Accountants are sort of safe - they soon won't have to produce numbers since automation handles everything from inside standardized web banking integrations to the ERPs.

Bookkeepers are absolutely fucked though.

>willrobotstakemyjob.com/
Go into oil and gas engineering. Only 16% chance of automation.

You don't understand... the airplane can't set itself up for a CAT III landing, nor are most airplanes even CAT III certified anywhere in the world, nor do most airplanes autoland, nor is the flare and touchdown the 'hardest' part of flying a jet aircraft.

Electrical Engineering,
not even memeing, you can't automate the job of automating other people's jobs

>the human infantry will remain in service for a really long time.

Enjoy getting your head blown off by self-guiding smartbullets fired 10 kilometers away by a stealthed drone

serves em right, bean counters are the worst kind of people

What did you study?
t first/second year EE

No they are not easy to implement if they wanted to or they would have done so, and no Airbus aircraft do not automatically recover from wind-shear, their computers are Augmented in a particular wind-shear mode.

Infantry will actually be super cost effective in the future, not only will you have 10 billion humans sitting around with no jobs, ready for conscription, if you conscript them then they cost even less money thanks to the spartan-esque conditions of the military, and not only that, but if they die in battle then you don't have to pay and feed them anymore and can just give their equipment to the next guy down the line.

I wouldn't trust that site as no source or information is given on how it reaches those numbers.

Controls,
It's literally the future of technology

CoD is not real life m8.

The reason is simple. If a Drone fails and crashes you lose the cost of the drone and possibly injure/kill someone on the ground. If an automated flight system fucks up and nobody is there to try and fix it you lose humans and the cost of the aircraft plus any ground damage.

Cars can be automated because they are far simpler and if they run into an issue they can easily pull over and shut down. Cars also usually only carry handfuls of people at most and if an accident occurs fewer people are injured or dead. An aircraft cannot be landed on the fly. So as far as automation goes fully automated flight of humans is one of the things that is a longer way off.

Oh and not to mention how many times I've flown aircraft where the FMS shits out in mid flight, or the FCM shits out... or auto pilot shits out... or trim systems shit out and runaway.

controls? So embedded or was it separate?

Already robots are more accurate at diagnosing cancer than doctors.

"Actors"? Seriously?

I can't see that happening anytime soon.

What does that have to do with a shrink?

I'm starting grad school next year so I haven't gotten that specialized yet, but frankly from what i've seen any sort of controls engineering is automation proof

that's not what im even talking about tho

>or they would have done so

This is where you are wrong.

There is absolutely no desire to replace pilots.
Not even with unmanned military drones.

btw: we also had self driving cars in the 1990's (though only on the motorways).
This didn't catch on either.
Just because something is technologically possible doesn't mean it's desirable.

>CoD

Whats that? A literal childrens game?

youtube.com/watch?v=BCUohOxL6Us

>A high caliber rifle projectile
>An overpriced one at that
>Can only be used for long range marksmanship and would be useless during heavy or even light combat

M8, just stop.

>What careers are not at risk from automation?

service jobs, white collar jobs are the most at risk from automation

There are other reasons.

One is simply money:
Flying is very expensive, and hiring a pilot is only a minor expense compared to fuel and maintenance.
So when cutting costs the focus is on fuel efficiency and reducing maintenance, not on replacing the pilot.

Another is legal:
Plane manufacturers don't want to be held liable for accidents.
With a human pilot it's much harder to point blame at the manufacturer even when there was a mechanical issue.

But the strongest is just psychological.
Even if fully automated planes are statistically 10 times safer than human piloted planes, most passengers would still pick the human pilot.

The lab made burger that cost 250kUSD two years ago is down to around 100USD a pound

Why shoot 50k rounds if you can kill all targets with 10 bullets?

hey look a more reputable graph than OP's

>mfw another one of these stupid fuckin troll threads

>The lab made burger that cost 250kUSD two years ago is down to around 100USD a pound
M8 you don't understand the bureaucratic fuckery involved in military development and procurement.

>Why shoot 50k rounds if you can kill all targets with 10 bullets?

Because giving everyone a 10kg rifle with a half a killo magazine is quite stupid, especially when that rifle is useless at short range, and at long range it's countered by artillery.

>Because giving everyone a 10kg rifle with a half a killo magazine is quite stupid, especially when that rifle is useless at short range, and at long range it's countered by artillery.

Thats why you mount it on a drone..

Are you even fucking reading the messages you're responding to.

I am now literally re-iterating everything I wrote in the first message about this topic.

>he thinks psychiatrists have any kind of accuracy

lmao, even if a robot could only have 35% accuracy it would still be as good as a 10 year educated psychiatrist

>He thinks that has any relevancy

M8 you will see a robot do the job of a shrink when we get a robot Pope.

>Thats why you mount it on a drone..
Nothing will ever replace infantry, a robot is simply incapable of doing the same thing a retard with a gun can, not to mention drones are even more vulnerable to artillery than your average GI.

And also another reason, laying off all the people that have been trained to basically conquer nations is a quite retarded idea.

numbers confirm; grandpa here (39) and it's as simple as learning how to do something - anything - that people will pay you to do: fix their car, prepare a good meal, install their dishwasher, cut their hair, fix their computer, the list goes on. just be sure to avoid careers that any retard can do and avoid majors that provide no tangible skillset (liberal arts) and you'll be fine.

>a robot is simply incapable of doing the same thing a retard with a gun can

Flesh is weak and limited in potential, machine strong, precise and yet to have their full potential realized

Nah. AI is nowhere near something like that. Machine learning often has accuracy problems. It'll take a loooong time b4 they become 100% reliable

t. studying compsci

>Flesh is weak and limited in potential, machine strong, precise and yet to have their full potential realized

You need to get laid m8.

error: no argument found

Like you had any faggot.

Machines engineered for specific tasks are absolutely superior to human beings.

Theres no upper limit.

>0.42%

feels good man

hiring pajeet almost always backfires

picolo fucking vegeta in the ass ultra low resolution

>Machines engineered for specific tasks are absolutely superior to human beings.
>Specific
Because army units have such very specific tasks.

>Theres no upper limit.
>What is battery life, miniaturization limit, slow development in servo's and other mobility mechanisms, the fact that we haven't been able to move to something better than silica in a century