Flat earther hate thread

When you can literally disprove these retards with two sticks and a watch. I know most of it's just a meme, but some of you people are actually that fucking stupid.

Feel free to post shit that anybody who just got off their ass for a day could use to figure out the world is round.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wExbki15td8
youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9fAg
youtube.com/watch?v=mxhxL1LzKww&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=emwgDIFW9yc
youtube.com/watch?v=bwCRej0BoA4
youtube.com/watch?v=azOBO1lPMNk
youtube.com/watch?v=ql_TTguKxnE
youtube.com/watch?v=lBL98p0wZ7g
youtube.com/watch?v=r6IZUq6v92I
youtube.com/watch?v=oVSx9fC6CXk
youtube.com/watch?v=xciCJfbTvE4
nbcnews.com/id/32581790/ns/technology_and_science-space/t/moon-rock-museum-just-petrified-wood/
youtube.com/watch?v=jYfwlzWOYCE&t
youtube.com/watch?v=HwK7staIj-Y&t
youtube.com/watch?v=VNqNnUJVcVs
youtube.com/watch?v=95NDkABAsSk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It is a cult.
Flat earthers are not about truth. It is about the feeling of joining a group.
Having your voice heard for the first time oin your live, no matter how pants-on-head crazy you sound.
It is about dividing the world in Us and Them.
And like any other convert who is full of conviction they desperatly need a devil to be driven out.

If the sun is near it makes equal sense

counter-argument: Sun is closer to Earth than you think.

I'm not a flat earther tard, not even for the meme, just pointing how they could neglect your example

Still doesn't explain the sinking boat

Then explain Coriolis Effect and tidal forces!

Take a boat out onto a great lake, watch town slowly fall beneath the horizon's waterline

Seriously, allways ask people who did't spent 5 min in researching Flat Earth, fuck.

Is easy to find.

youtube.com/watch?v=wExbki15td8

looking forward to their reaction to next months solar eclipse

counter counter argument - if it's so close, where does it go at night and why cant we see it it?

>just pointing how they could neglect your example
Easy answer to that. Do the experiment at higher and lower latitudes an note the shadow length

It does not. In flat earth model equal distance between poles doesn't give you an equal angle, in spherical model it does.

>what is perspective

they forgot about the southern hemisphere in the globe earth model

Rocky Mountains in Alberta. Nice place during the week, shithole during the weekends.

One of my favorites it the 'water finds it own level' argument, which is completely wrong. It should be water follows the laws of gravitation, but for relatively small distances the former can be handy'

>The Theory of gravitation
>Theory

It goes into the sun hole. A hidden part if the earth that no one will tell you about.

There's a cavern below us that it tunnels through.

>Thinks they're for real.
What a humus level scrub.
>I think he thinks they're for real and isn't the other half of this trollment
am I even multi-cellular?

>The Theory of gravitation
No, you are referring to einjews THEROY of relativity, it is 'Newton's LAW of universal gravitation'. In this case the demonstrated LAW that says things are attacted to the center of an objects mass. I have no problem with believing in God an all that, but in that pic is so fucking retarded I do even know where to start

you can only see for 8 miles before everything is merely a dot.

is it a...... black sun hole?

youtube.com/watch?v=3mbBbFH9fAg

If the Earth is flat how come no one has been to the edge and taken pictures?

It's hollow, not flat. Can't be both

also, air acts similar to water, and you can´t see a light too far away

Its literally illegal to goto Antarctica without permission from the (((US State Department))). There are also no commercial aircraft routes over the continent.

It turns out that earth loops infinitely. If you travel "around" the world by making a complete "loop" you'll be in a replica of your current life. Everyone you think you know is there as a sort of quantum clone.

um....what?

>also, air acts similar to water

technically, gases behave similarly to fluids, but water is a lot more dense than fucking air

I'm a good white American Christian. I believe in the Bible and everything the Bible says. I don't see anything said there about the world being round. If the word of God says the Earth is flat, it's flat. End of story.

I'd say that tinfoilers are adrenalin junkies. They need to constantly increase the dose. It was logical that they reached this sad destination.

are you an idiot? everything converges to a point.

>travel "around" the world by making a complete "loop" you'll be in a replica of your current life
It's worse than that, every increment of Planck time an entirely new universe is created

>There are also no commercial aircraft routes over the continent.

Few airlines fly between cities having a great circle route over Antarctica. Direct flights between South Africa and New Zealand would overfly Antarctica, but no airline has scheduled such flights. Flights between Australia and South America and between Australia and South Africa pass near the Antarctic coastline. Depending on the winds, the Qantas flight QF 63 from Sydney to Johannesburg-O. R. Tambo sometimes flies over the Antarctic Circle to latitude 71 degrees as well and allowing views of the icecap.[19] Qantas also flies nonstop between Sydney and Santiago de Chile, the most southerly polar route. Depending on winds, this flight may reach 55 degrees south latitude, but other times 71 degrees, which is enough to cross the polar ice cap

Ok so If I get a permission from the US government I can go see my clone?

>are you an idiot?

says the flat earther

by your own admission the sun is fairly close.

If the earth is not flat then explain why all the water is not at the bottom of the earth?

>Implying it's possible to get permission

everything converges to a point

Your clone will travel the same route as you and enter another duplicated region.

how did you figure that out?

>Over age 10
>still believes sinking boat optical illusion
>Topkek

>I know most of it's just a meme, but some of you people are actually that fucking stupid.

Why do you care? It's funny.

Vsauce latest shiet

youtube.com/watch?v=mxhxL1LzKww&t=0s

Flat Earth will one day become a large movement of Christians - since hose who are literally minded will notice that the Bible and modern science contradict on matters of fact, it only makes sense that there should be a determined sect of believers who will just fully reject science.

This is also due to all the numbers involved in modern science (years the Earth, humans have been alive, size and distance of objects, speeds, etc.) being so outrageous and incomprehensible to the layperson that it will be simpler to revert to a more empirically basic way of viewing the world.

I truly think that there's going to be far more of these people than we know what to do with, and perhaps soon. Some oft hem want to go to Antarctica to see the "Ice Barrier" around the Earth, and you can be sure that if the authorities don't let them, it's only going to increase speculation on those who might be drawn to the idea in the first place. It could end up being a real stupid mess, like on the scale on Jonestown. Eric Dubay already has more than 100,000 subscribers.

Keep an eye on these people.

The book of genesis says the earth is round, Mr fedora.

That's the most fucking retarded thing I've ever watched and I needed to sit 5 minutes through this garbage to even understand what he's saying.

Maybe he should look up how fucking "perspective" works.

>HURR LET ME COMPARE THIS SHOT AT A SUPER NARROW FOV TO ONE WITH A MUCH BIGGER FOV

This fucking retard.

Okay, for anyone that believes in this shit. The more narrow your viewing cone is, the more the "true" size of the object is visible on the resulting projection. The ultimate result of that is, were the viewing angle parallel, also known as an orthographic projection, then the object would appear as big as it truly is, no matter WHERE it is.

The closer you get to an orthographic projection (and fyi, no camera can actually do that, it's to illustrate the point), the bigger the object in the distance is gonna get because of how fucking GEOMETRY and the laws of OPTICS work.

Fucking hell.

I consider myself a Christian, I'm just pointing out that there's a lot of Christian background to this stuff. Not everyone gets into Flat Earth this way, but if you logically follow it, you're probably going to have believe in some Judeo-Masonic conspiracy theory, probably involving devil worship or occultism.

Not trying to say anything bad about Christianity, but there's obviously some moronic groups of Christians, many of whom can not or will not read the Bible. They wouldn't care about the contradictions anyway, like most deep conspiracy theorists.

Idk, user. Could yo be a little more specific? Sound like a noob on this round earth stuff

Please try to become scientifically literate at a middle school level before spewing this shit, it's embarrassing for you and everyone on this board

Are you saying the earth isn't hollow?

Made me laugh Mr. Elephant, ty

It isn't juste a meme or a cult, it's a diversion.
Their crap is easy to debunk with basic physics. Yet they're still sperging their nonsense, while never accounting any contradiction if they don't have a stereotypical answer.
They've appeared out of nowhere last year, and now they're everywhere. There's a lot of retards on the internet, ok, even probably enough to fall for this shit. But ...
An army of fast-convinced retards all using the same graphs, the same arguments, the same photos ?
There's no such thing as an army of well-coordinated lunatic retards. It can't be.
This being said, the consequences are clear : if you don't buy the mainstream bullshit, you're a conspiracy theorist. If this term isn't enough to discredit you, then there is the flat-earther conflation.
> Flat-earth is a psyops.
> Flat-earther are here to discredit us.
> Their posts are meant for making us waste our time.
> Hide flat-earth messages
> Don't waste time reading them
> Don't try to argue with flat-earthers
> Don't answer flat-earthers, except "Fuck off shill/slide"

I'll direct you to the website www.google.com, where you could search "Geology for People with Down Syndrome". God speed

There's such a thing as an army of not-well coordinated lunatic retards, just look at this board.

Who do you think you are fooling?

Nice goalposts. I want to see them better. Wanna move 'em even closer?

Space is a meme. (((They))) are lying to you.

Dear flat earthers. If the earth is really flat, wouldnt cats have knocked everything off the edge already?

Checkmate, atheists

It's hollow you retards, not flat

>thinking there is an edge

Water disproves flat earth and proves the 'theory' of gravity is actually a law. End of story.

We really should start institutionalizing them.

>Water disproves flat earth
Wrong.

just an opinion m8

Which is worse, flat earthers or creationists?

Im not talking about the water on earth.

Sinking boat is literally dumbest thing ever thought. Literally go watch a boat nothing shrinks.

>water is always level
>water never curves
>water doesn't always prefer to form into a sphere

The hurr durr is strong in this one.

Fuck off CIA Jesus could you be any more obvious?

>water is always level
>water never curves
>water doesn't always prefer to form into a sphere

The hurr durr is strong in this one.

I feel the same way about all these recent threads about the chink disney cartoons being some conspiracy.

What is this
>Le Christians flat Earth
Meme? It's fucking annoying and you're too obvious.

thats not how the coriolis works

You are assuming that space is not curved. No reason to assume this.

?????

>also, air acts similar to water, and you can´t see a light too far away

are you ok?

Some of them are pretty far gone man

Question to flat-earthers: if the earth is flat then how come you can't see the sun if you're in the southern hemisphere?

Yes the earth is flat and Math, Science, and Visual evidence prove it. Not bogus theories freemasons feed the masses. In fact it is the easiest conspiracy to prove. Go ahead take 5 minutes and attempt to prove to yourself that the Earth curves at 8 inches per mile squared, bet you won't :)
8 inches per mile squared of curvature is unmeasurable.
The spin of earth is also unmeasurable.
youtube.com/watch?v=emwgDIFW9yc
The Theory of gravity is also unmeasureable.

Countless laser tests have been done over 8+ miles with zero curve detected.
youtube.com/watch?v=bwCRej0BoA4 The speech he gives at the end really hit home.

Countless high altitude rockets/balloons have been shot into low earth orbit and every picture/video they take shows nothing but a FLAT PLANE with sun spots under the sun. (if you don't get why that's a big deal go back to school)
youtube.com/watch?v=azOBO1lPMNk

You can zoom 50+ miles away and see the shoreline and buildings of things you shouldn't otherwise see if we were on a curve. (anywhere in the world under any and all weather conditions, its not refractions you dopes)
youtube.com/watch?v=ql_TTguKxnE

You can see Polaris (the north star) from the (((southern hemisphere)))

There are endless proofs just google 200 proofs the Earth is not a spinning ball and enjoy that you have been lied to.

Then you have NASA and other space agencies clearly using CGI or fake studio sets under water.

China has my fav one, of course NASA congratulated them for this great space walk
When this was live streamed I laughed so god damn hard. If you believe this then you are forever blue pilled and lost

youtube.com/watch?v=lBL98p0wZ7g

Then you got NASA with bubbles come out of their equipment and space suits.

youtube.com/watch?v=r6IZUq6v92I

Then there is video of Russians also faking it.

youtube.com/watch?v=oVSx9fC6CXk

THEN the moon landing hoax a simple look at how there is more than one light source in the moon landing official pictures means they were not lite by the sun but by more than one source as the shadows go off at different angles

youtube.com/watch?v=xciCJfbTvE4

THEN the fact that the (((moon rocks))) brought by america after the landing turned out to be nothing more than petrified wood

nbcnews.com/id/32581790/ns/technology_and_science-space/t/moon-rock-museum-just-petrified-wood/

Also the fact that thrust doesn't work in a vacuum nor does combustion
youtube.com/watch?v=jYfwlzWOYCE&t
youtube.com/watch?v=HwK7staIj-Y&t
Endless endless endless proofs

>flat

webm related

this
even vsauce says this in his flat earth vid
there are much better ways to disprove flat earth than the stick thing.

youtube.com/watch?v=VNqNnUJVcVs

I.... where on the earth do you think this magical hole exists? What route would this magical ball of light take over the Earth to follow the same patterns we see across the world? How close would the sun have to be to make the stick and light experiment work, but also keep it in the same part of the sky that it appears to be normally? Until I have answers, I'm going to keep pestering you.

Flat earthers can never explain why this does work out as the shorter path on Earth if the Earth is flat.

>all people arguing with flartards itt
just fucking ignore them ffs
theres no point in arguing because they are either:
1)legit 80 iq fanatics
2)trolls and baiters
also fucking sage

Not sure what planet that is. Here's once from non-flat earth.

youtube.com/watch?v=95NDkABAsSk

shit lense

*zzzzzzzz*
brush up on wikipedia's list of cognitive biases
and logical fallacies

and also the scientific method
and why the moon is "upside down" in live video feeds from australia

and why the handful of empirical tested proofs of relativity we've only just recently achieved are categorically impossible with any of your yarn

Hold up, in flat Earth theory, the distance to the sun could directly be calculated by the shadows. This would leave it like a mile overhead yet people thousands of miles apart all experience a relative similar position and brightness.

This image does nothing to benefit flat Earthers. If this is how you think it is then you have niger tier intelligence.

and why geological seismic harmonics and internal deep-earth structural revelations as a science only works as it has been substantiated empirically with the oblate sphere

At night it's called the moon.

or top quality lense, though i am on the correct side of this

(the sane side)