Do you miss the early-mid 2000s, Sup Forums? I'd say it was 2007 with the iPhone, Big bang theory, Recession...

Do you miss the early-mid 2000s, Sup Forums? I'd say it was 2007 with the iPhone, Big bang theory, Recession, social media, etc. where things truly went downhill.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bIVTT4fgPQI
youtube.com/watch?v=p5alLUeNhJg
youtube.com/watch?v=nN544pvWIhA
youtube.com/watch?v=kAvt9_Uw2ms
youtu.be/LJ2t4jfVTiU
youtu.be/WMI3nDccXtc
youtu.be/TmSRMWw8Y_0
youtu.be/J8y8Ziwswe0
youtube.com/watch?v=FIYvN_3PBzA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

society goes bad when there are no star trek tv shows running. everyone loses hope. that will change soon. also we will have warp drive within 10 years and we'll be able to find the vulcans and breed with them

>firefox and chrome slow af
>phishing sites
>conficker.exe

Nah, the warez and torrent scenes were the only things to keep you going online if you weren't into gaming

I miss the 70s.
It all fell apart after 1979

It went downhill after the civil Rights movement

>where things truly went downhill.
actually when FDR started the welfare state due to the great recession cira 1935 is when the age of entitlement began. After that the social discourse of the 1960/70's long with the technical isolationism of the Internet in the late 90's sealed what we have today. Supercilious information overload with nor real value or importance

bump

Yes, I do. I miss the world pre social media and the invasion of normalfags on the internet

>no facebook
>no twitter
>no reddit
>no instragram
>no normalfaggots
>no women
>no youtube
>old Sup Forums
>no "i'm so nerdy xDDDDDDD i browse facebook 2 hours a day!!!!!!!" bullshit

The thing is, if you were on the internet, you would spend most of your time on forums, discussing something or just funposting, with an alias. Not because you want to find a gf and make friends and shit, just because it's fun to you.. The normalfags think of every hobby as just another way of socializing. They aren't interested in anything, they just want to socialize. That' why, when nerd culture became popular(bbt), they flodded what they perceived as nerdy.

the warez and torrent scenes is also where you got most of your conficker.exe

Technically Youtube was around in 2005-2006 but I'd say for its first few years it had a certain charm to it

yeah it was actually what the name says, "your tube", so, mostly home videos and user made videos

>I'd say it was 2007
Yes, 2007 is when it really started going downhill for pretty much everything I can think of.

What the fuck happened in 2007?

>mfw only 20 and can't remember a time when everything wasn't shit

You can't remember 2002-2006? Your memory must be weaker than a piss in the ocean; I remember plenty of things from when I was 5-9

...and when we gave women the right to vote.

I remember playing video games, so nothing has really changed.

Big problem. The new Trek series is Social Justice in Space

old YT was great. when google bought it, it turned to shit.

2007 was the first time I heard people mention facebook

Less information available - tighter real life circles.

They will just make all the characters women at this point. They will probably just get lost and have to stop the ship to use the restroom though.

it started going downhill early on. only enterprise is still truly based

For the internet or the social/ political climate? I agree with you in terms of the internet being used as a means of networking, though I think a lot of the nostalgia is caused by a generational difference induced inability to understand what young people are interested in these days. Post French Revolution and the raise of liberal intellectualism is when I would say it went downhill in the social sphere.

Enterprise was shit. TNG was the best.

IMO social media ruined internet. Back then internet was this strange cyber wasteland where nameless faceless users contacted each other every now and then. Nowadays internet is like real life with people using their real names and faces.

I liked it better when screen/nicknames were the standard. The only drama was when someone disagreed with their favorite video game on a forum, no real life consequences. Nowadays drama is someone having their nudes leaked, and someone ending up murdered in real life.

lol

If by early you mean before September 11th, 2001, then yes. That triggered the first recession and the War on Terror.

If you're too young to remember the pre-911 era you are deprived.

>iPhone
Smartphones didn't really become widespread until I was in the 8th-9th grade
I'm 20 now

Ok but 2007 still sew the seeds for social media and other bullshit to really blossom around 2009-2010

Also 2007 was the time where Cartoon Network was getting super duper gay

True, old youtube was great. I was talking about no "current youtube" aka all the cancerous youtubers

I really noticed things go to shit socially around 2009, with everything being fully cemented around 2011.

As said, the seeds were sewn back in 2007 but it took a few years for it to develop.

I fucking hate it all though. I feel like I'm the only person without a god damn smartphone now.

You must be young. The 80's was the best decade of my life. There was no such thing as 'political correctness' (there was but it was only a very very few people like at Berkeley because that school was always retarded). SJWs didn't exist and if anyone acted like the way they do today then they would immediately get thrown in a mental institution (because that is where they really do belong).

Music and most movies were so much better back then. Food tasted better. Everything was so much cheaper. In the early 80's in most places you could get a full meal under a $1.25.

There wasn't really any retarded political movements except the 'We Are The World' retards. Most movements like that wasn't even noticed much by the real world.

People weren't overly political back then either. You could like Reagan and your neighbor wouldn't but no one gave a damn because people back then knew that politics was bull shit.

About the only real worries the common American had back then was a possible nuclear war (and fags spreading AIDS) but we weren't really losing sleep over it. Some people were paranoid but most brushed it off.

It was a really awesome era to live in.

It's not even the specific youtubers.

Its google pushing a agenda, it turned into a money making game, database expansion of datamined profiles, lack of anonymity..etc.

It used to be a creative window with goofy, educational, or strange shit.

Remember when schools taught everyone to never give away your info online?
Those were the days.

The last-current period was the fire of our becoming. To regret it is like wishing you never woke up.

I still remember that Quake 3

I miss the summer of 2003 when I played Counter-Strike and Battlefield 1942 all day long

I've had girlfriends, plenty of sex, I graduated college, I was a varsity athlete, but what I honestly miss most about my childhood is playing de_aztec with a bunch of Koreans

This makes me sad but its so true. Pic unrelated

every fucking day

I miss halo 2 and Wow.

I miss splitscreen in video games.

no because i'm not old and balding like you

>I'd say it was 2007 with the iPhone, Big bang theory, Recession, social media, etc. where things truly went downhill.

Things started going downhill before the french revolution.

Whats the game on the right? I recognize UT on the left.

>20 now.
phones were widespread pre 2010.

QIII is seems

>Big Bang Theory.
That show is so awful the cast should be put to death.

Yeah. The colored boxes were the goodies in the map, I think. You could see them as a map was loading.

Now you can play QIII literally in your web browser, by the way.

mobile internet ruined it all

you guys need to look at your views of what the best decade was with a different angle, and that angle should not be deceived by nostalgia.

Fast internet ruined everything. I remember the good old days when you needed IRL friends, space, time and effort to organize a LAN party.

Old internet eh, lets see what i can remember:

>WinMX, Original Napster, Limewire, Kazaa, Kazaa lite, Soulseek, Emule/Edonkey were the OG for pirating, none of these faggots using usenet and paying for it
>textfiles.net
>old 4chins that used to do rapidshare links
>all your base are belong to us
>original youtube when it was just wierd crazy shit and the concept of a "vlog" was unheard of
>Gamespy Arcade/MSN Gaming Zone
>MSN chat rooms getting pulled because it was 90% paedophiles
>IRC #quakenet
>chavscum.co.uk/cbhq
>WON (Valves online thing before Steam)
>calling someone a nigger on the internet didnt get a headline in the washington post, they just called you a nigger back

Yep. Everything cool about America was destroyed that day. It's sad to think about.

>people back then knew that politics was bull shit.
>nigger detected

I miss Unreal Tournament. They don't make games like that anymore.

cartoons are for kids grow up faggot

>Big bang theory

I miss Halo.

EVERYBODY
NAME WHAT CELL PHONES YOU HAD IN ORDER WITH BEGINNING YEAR TO CURRENT THEN CROSS REFERENCE THAT FOR WHEN EVERYTHING WENT TO SHIT

2002 -- everything all good/comfy
>nokia brick
>flip phone with camera
>flip phone with camera
>LG enV
>blackberry world edition
>blackberry bold
2010 -- things start going bad
>motorola droid
>blackberry curve
>iPhone 4S
>iPhone 5
>iPhone 5S
2014 -- smug years begin
>iPhone 6+
>iPhone 6S+
Current -- Don
>iPhone 7+

God I miss the comfy Blackberry days

I miss the 90s.

I miss the ease of credit card fraud.

Hell you could order stuff and get it delivered before they found out the credit card number was fake. I ordered so much computer components to an abandon house on my block.

Trash diving at offices and apartments worked really well. Fucking credit card companies were sending pre approved cards to peoples houses, and they would throw them out or cut them up. Also credit card carbon copies.

Also that brief period when bluebeep worked for scamming pay phones.

Lack of computer knowledge by the general public was great. I was able to access my schools network drive via MSDOS and delete all records for students A-M.

The general level of stupidity back then was amusing. When a famous alarm company started installing new networked alarms in stores, they ran everything though an unlocked external box. that when the cable was disconnected, the alarm turned off. Easy way to get a few carloads of smokes.

Fuck off criminal scumbag

I had this for all of high school.
I'd still use it if I could find a battery. I hate smart phones.

i grew up in the 80s and 90s. the lies were just as bib back then and you were all alone with the exception of a crazy friend and a late night talk show full of half truths. the top down control has increased but so has bottom up communications. now you can find thousands of like minded individuals to share information with, before you were left to cover these topics with stoners.

"Prepare to fight!"

fug I had Razr for back up when my phones broke

Ah the good old days when Fags were openly scorned by politicians. Now they want chick's with dicks in high school locker rooms and questioning it makes you a bigot.

Obama should be strung up.

>paint.exe.ink
>screen melts

I miss everything before WWII

>Playing any game but Counter-Strike

What did they mean by this?

I miss the time before smart phones and social media.

>2002-2006

Literally Iraq War bubble.

>forums
>irc
>everquest
>counter strike
>diablo 3
>warcraft 3
>comfy html websites
>emule
>kazaa
>fast forward a couple of years, things are still great
>opera browser
>stage 6
>torrent
>soulseek
>lineage 2
>quake 3
>wow
>ragnarok online
>fast forward to 2007 or so, everything is becoming shit
>facebook
>twitter
>youtube
>dogshit games like lol begin to appear
>rise of sjws and gayfaggotry
>botnets and death of anonymity
>normies infect everything
I want to go back.

>They will just make all the characters women at this point. They will probably just get lost

Pretty much happened ten years ago

Yea but the viruses were so bad that I had to reinstall Windows like every other week without the damn driver disc for the CD

Tripod was the pinnacle of "social networking"

Anyone remember Vent Harassment?
youtube.com/watch?v=bIVTT4fgPQI
youtube.com/watch?v=p5alLUeNhJg
youtube.com/watch?v=nN544pvWIhA

I loved everquest. Me, my brother and one of our buddies used to get drunk and play while in college in one of the UVT townhomes we lived in 2000-2002 in between parties.

I played everquest for like 3 years without leveling past level 15 on Vallon Zek server. I just killed dwarfs in butcher block.

Damnit, that last link should be this one:
youtube.com/watch?v=kAvt9_Uw2ms

CRT TVs were still being used in Aberdeen by 2010.

This city feels just like the 80s, you've got football fans going around with dyed mohawks even to this day.

IDK OP, but pic related is going to need glasses in a few years

Culturally speaking, the early 2000s were pretty awful. Sure, there were fewer shitskins, less pandering to SJWs in the media, and social media hadn't yet killed human interaction, but it really wasn't very good.
It was just a worse version of the 90s.

Smart phones, aka the idiot's computer has ruined just about anything by giving any imbecile a medium to publish his subhuman ideals and degeneracies; monkey see, monkey do and welcome to this side show we call Western culture today.

I agree OP

The epitome of the early 2000s

youtu.be/LJ2t4jfVTiU

youtu.be/WMI3nDccXtc

things like this are what keep my comfy at night

knowing that out there amongst this increasingly homogeneous, fucked up mass of human waste there are still pockets of humanity from their time, almost forgotten to the world, but they prefer it that way

To be fair, the 10 minute time limit was extremely frustrating.

>do you miss the early mid-2000s

this thread was brought to you by a millennial faggot.

>AAA song

FUCK YOU MAN

How is it social justice in space?

The series has already had a female and black captain before; this isn't groundbreaking for the series.

Why so glum Kiwi?

youtu.be/TmSRMWw8Y_0

I've had an internet connection for a little over 20 years now, and I've never had a social media account or used my name online. I have a Google account that I use for business, because I'm more or less forced to, but I'm never actually logged into it, unless I'm checking my mail.

>bibly

Because that song has literally everything needed for a swift and deadly dose of muh nostalgia

plus my clinical depression has me prone to going down completely ridiculous rabbit holes

The big bag theory, the cringiest show ever made.

youtu.be/J8y8Ziwswe0

I remember the internet in 1996. It seemed more awesome than it actually way. Enjoy it while you can because sooner or later we'll see a decline of free speech, having to pay for jewtube.

sorry, it was a fun era when it lasted

youtube.com/watch?v=FIYvN_3PBzA

>this isn't groundbreaking for the series
True. Star Drek was always progressive. So much so that they had to shoehorn that episode in the original series where they found the alternate earth with us flag and people barely remebering the first few words of us constitution. Why? They were accused of being communist propaganda.